PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

Northlander
08-05-2015, 06:56
Hi all!

So it's finally here :D and what a great time for the official forums to open their doors!

I've played many PlayStation driving/racing sims over the years, having used a wheel & pedals since the PS2, so PCars on my PS4 is no exception, it's all about the immersion.

I plan on making these forums my second home as we get to grips with PCars on the PS4, and ideally I'm hoping to team up with like-minded racers for when we venture into the competitive world of online racing. I used to run a reasonably successful race series on GT5, unfortunately GT6 fell way short of that side of the game and with the advent of the PS4 arriving before it's release, it took the shine off it some what.

Anyway by all means, add your introductions to this thread, lets see if we can forge a nice friendly group of PlayStation racers. I do prefer to 'online' with people in my own age group, but obviously if you are mature and clean as a racer, by all means send me a message here or a an FR on PSN.

Now let's get work out of the way and I'll be hitting the track later today :cool:

Firefox02
08-05-2015, 07:35
I'm new to this game I'm playing on a PS4.

I enjoy it very much indeed.
I live in Denmark

I try my best to race clean, but I'm not the most experienced simulation Driver.
But where there's will there's a way
What is your PSN Name, Norhtlander - then I'll add you as a friend :-)

Arends1989
08-05-2015, 07:51
Hi all,

Got the game yesterday!

I'm from the Netherlands and I have played a lot of race games (DIRT, F1 2013, GT and Grid) on the PS3.

Playing with three other friends online and trying to race as clean as possible.

We are looking for more racers who want to race clean, so feel free to add me!

PSN: afcarends

dhevans79
08-05-2015, 08:06
Hi all,

Another player who's had experience on iRacing on the PC. Looking for clean play, with true racing. Here's hoping that the rating system is as good as the licencing idea on iRacing to get out of the bumpercar gameplay online and with serious racers.

Firefox02
08-05-2015, 08:08
I'll add you Arrends1989.

I'll just leave a message "Firefox02 from Projectcars Forum" so you know where it's from :-)

Pugamall
08-05-2015, 08:13
Welcome all
I look forward to hearing your pCARS stories and experiences

Northlander
08-05-2015, 08:23
Hey, thanks for the replies guys!

My contact details are in the 'about me' on my profile page

See you on the track!

DozUK
08-05-2015, 08:27
Hi, I've love racers and have been played GT, Forza, F1, Driveclub etc for years. This doesn't mean I'm good though, just that I love driving games.

I'm really enjoying project cars and trying hard to master the cars and looking forward to giving tweaking set ups to grab that extra second (I don't know where I'll get the other 19 from though!).

I love the customisation with this game, especially the AI where I can create the challenge that I want. I also love the fact that you cant buy parts to give you the edge, it was too easy with GT and Forza to just buy parts to beat the opposition AI. With this, the cars are the same and the advantage comes with tweaking for your driving style. Love it.

my psn profile is DozUK feel free to add me. I'm not the best racer, I play for fun. My main aim with project cars online is to enjoy playing with like minded people, try to improve, try to be clean (Mistakes can happen but they're not intentional). I would like to learn more about tinkering with the cars and racing with others in same car to share and learn from. There is so much to do with this game and I'm looking forward to enjoying it.

hkraft300
08-05-2015, 08:29
Hello lads and ladies
bloody hell this game was properly worth the 1+ year wait!
don't have a wheel yet but looks like I may have to get one now. Getting better with the controller after some tweaking of the settings :)

Add hkraft300 on PSN. I'll join a race series too, North.

Keen on test sessions with experienced racers to learn from and practice with.

Glad this forum is up. the car setup screen has me feeling so noob.

So what do you guys like to race in the game?
Couldn't resist going straight to the Formula A/Bs and the LMP1/2 cars and loving it.

rsmarrygold
08-05-2015, 08:39
I'll add you archeagegold4u.com.

I'll just leave a message "Firefox02 from fifacoinvip.co Forum" so you know rsgoldaz.com it's from :-)

yes ,you are right

Firefox02
08-05-2015, 08:43
hkraft300 :

I will add you :-)

Firefox02
08-05-2015, 08:50
Northlander :
will add you, see you on the tracks :-)

GrepuS
08-05-2015, 09:07
Hi guys, I've played since I was 6 years old a lot of drive games for Playstation, since now I have played with controller with arrows (not joystick) and now with this Project Cars out I am getting the shape that I used to.

I just want to race, have fun and be competitive with plenty of clean drivers through here. My PSN is GrepuS so if you want to race clean add me and we can race ;)

Firefox02
08-05-2015, 09:07
I have sent out friends Request to most of you guys.

In case i missed some -
my PSN : Felineflush
just remember to write "Project Cars" So i know where you are from :-)
See you on the tracks

danowat
08-05-2015, 09:28
Danowat32 on PSN.

Long history with race sims, many thousands of miles on LFS, iR beta tester back in the day, lots of hours on Netkar etc etc.

Fitzchevalerie77
08-05-2015, 09:55
Hello everybody.
I'm a new mumber, i'm french and it's my first experience on PS4 with this game.
I hope it's a good game.

Francorchamps
08-05-2015, 10:26
I'm from Belgium my psn is antwerpo.

I love racing but I'm not a sim racer and I'm not exceptionally good in racing games. I like pCARS very much as it also seems to deliver an exciting game for amateurs like me. I don't play online at the moment as I want to master the racinglines first. I wouldn't feel comfortable ruining other people their online experience :cool:

pursey141
08-05-2015, 10:42
Hello my psn is pursey141

Havent had chance to play the game yet but it is at home waiting for me to finish work, hopefully i can master the set ups and start being competetive online. Always prefer racing clean instead of taking people out and spoiling races but we all no accidents happen. If anyone makes a lobby give me a add, looking forward to some intense/frustrating racing.

_MB_
08-05-2015, 10:49
Afternoon peeps

I have had a little go and so far loving the game.Spent most my time in free practice and have done a little on career.Found a couple little minor issues which looks to have been mentioned already but other than that good fun.
1st night just before heading off i hit the Green hell
Good fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11STfjXmcN0

pursey141
08-05-2015, 11:08
Nice bit off driving there mate

JessicaWalter
08-05-2015, 12:12
Hey, Im JessicaWalter. I'll be grabbing this on PS4 as soon as it hits the US. I really want the digital version (for the M1 Procar) but if it doesn't show up on PSN soon I'll just pick up my preorder at Gamestop.

PSN ID: JessicaWalter

@MB nice vid. this game is even exciting to watch!

wicker man
08-05-2015, 12:12
hi all just signed up

nice to be here

if anyone fancys some racing my psn is XEboi feel free to add me

Northlander
08-05-2015, 12:31
Not long to go, here at work!

Very nice to see people responding and getting involved, I'll be sorting out my new PCars PS4 friends later today, and once I've had a bit play, we'll see about a few test sessions online.

Being from the UK some of you may not get to join me online due to time differences, but we'll see

Other than that I'll remind any new posters that my contact details are on my profile under 'about me'

See you on the track!

jimclark62
08-05-2015, 12:34
Hi everyone. I have been looking forward to playing this game for a long time.My copy of pc arrived this morning and so far the game is excellent(apart from multiplayer) I find driveclub completely boring and regret buying it. I have found pc tobe very playable and the graphics are excellent.
However I have played multiplayer a couple of times and found each lobby to be full of the usual loonies. as soon as the race starts its the same old story with everyone(apart from me) trying to drive everyone off. In one race some psychopath actually waiting until i approached him and then he drove straight at me and deliberately hit me head on. Why would anyone do this?
I had hoped that this game would attract a better class of player. II suspect not. I rarely play games online because of all the cheats and weirdos.
This game is excellent but just be warned about multiplayer

Nukeproof Mega
08-05-2015, 12:42
I say it would be nice to have a dedicated forum for introductions?

In the mean time I have been looking forward to this game for ages and I'm told it's at home waiting for me..

My name is Paul playing on the XB1 and mature gamer at the age of 45! Feel free to add me my GT is the same as my user name.. :)

Paul

DozUK
08-05-2015, 12:42
Hi everyone. I have been looking forward to playing this game for a long time.My copy of pc arrived this morning and so far the game is excellent(apart from multiplayer) I find driveclub completely boring and regret buying it. I have found pc tobe very playable and the graphics are excellent.
However I have played multiplayer a couple of times and found each lobby to be full of the usual loonies. as soon as the race starts its the same old story with everyone(apart from me) trying to drive everyone off. In one race some psychopath actually waiting until i approached him and then he drove straight at me and deliberately hit me head on. Why would anyone do this?
I had hoped that this game would attract a better class of player. II suspect not. I rarely play games online because of all the cheats and weirdos.

Hi Jim, I understand your comments but don't write multi player off because of some lunatics. The best course of action is to introduce yourself here (As you have) and pass on your PSN id to any like minded gamers. You can then set up private lobbies with a small group of friends and have fun racing and collaborating with tuning tweaks. There is so much fun to be had racing the friends all agreeing the same car then heading back to the pits to make a few changes and seeing if you can get that edge. You can learn so much even if you're a tuning novice like myself by making small changes and discussing with others in the same lobby while them while trying out. multiplayer player will offer collaborative tuning and fun racing in private lobbies, it adds a whole new dimension to an already great offline product.

PSN: DozUK

jimclark62
08-05-2015, 13:04
Thanks for the reply. I just find it so disheartening when i play online only to find the experience to be ruined by mindless people. I stopped playing Fifa online a long time ago. Driveclub is a nightmare and people even cheat at the golfclub by modding their controller. But it would be excellent to play this game online as it offers so much potential.
I have been playing video games since the zx81 many years ago. I am in my 50s now and still love playing games. In all my years of playing driving games I have never found the one game I would call perfect. Ridge Racer on the ps1 came close, but i am still in search of a truly outstanding driving game. Lets hope this one is that game.
I am too young to remember the late great Jim Clark but i do like the old style driversso i took his name for this forum. Drivers like Emerson Fittipaldi and Graham Hill were my heroes growing up,
psn id bigshoulders62

Arends1989
08-05-2015, 13:12
Fully understand what you mean @jimclark62. I hate to play with players that for example, don't brake for the first corner and just drive straight in to other players for example.

Luckily I'm playing with three friends who are just as passionate about racing as I am. We did a couple of Formula A races with 12 AI players and loved the look and feel of the game. Feel free to add me to PSN (see signature below), we're playing a couple of evenings during the week and in the weekends.

When I get home I'll add other players in this threat.

Getting enthusiastic about the responses here! ;)

Northlander
08-05-2015, 13:14

Welcome to my world! Hopefully (you can count on me) you've replied to the thread that will change your mind. I for one only race cleanly online, I like to treat it as if it was real, respect others on the track, regardless of skill level. Help out with setups all in the pursuit of having fun and maximising the potential of PCars.

So if you'd like to team up for some enjoyable 'proper' racing I'm your man :D

Northlander
08-05-2015, 13:14
Looks like we've got a few decent players on here! I agree with getting excited by the responses so far! Roll on home time I say :D

PSN : NorthlanderGT

Northlander
08-05-2015, 13:19
I say it would be nice to have a dedicated forum for introductions?

In the mean time I have been looking forward to this game for ages and I'm told it's at home waiting for me..

My name is Paul playing on the XB1 and mature gamer at the age of 45! Feel free to add me my GT is the same as my user name.. :)

Paul

Thanks for the reply, but this is the PS4 forum :)

Firefox02
08-05-2015, 13:20
I'll look forward to race with you guys
My PSN : Felineflush

Northlander
08-05-2015, 13:21
I'll look forward to race with you guys
My PSN : Felineflush

You're on my list bud! :D

DozUK
08-05-2015, 13:29
Thanks for the reply. I just find it so disheartening when i play online only to find the experience to be ruined by mindless people. I stopped playing Fifa online a long time ago. Driveclub is a nightmare and people even cheat at the golfclub by modding their controller. But it would be excellent to play this game online as it offers so much potential.
I have been playing video games since the zx81 many years ago. I am in my 50s now and still love playing games. In all my years of playing driving games I have never found the one game I would call perfect. Ridge Racer on the ps1 came close, but i am still in search of a truly outstanding driving game. Lets hope this one is that game.
I am too young to remember the late great Jim Clark but i do like the old style driversso i took his name for this forum. Drivers like Emerson Fittipaldi and Graham Hill were my heroes growing up,
psn id bigshoulders62

Ha, we have a very similar background but you have a slight edge with your age (46). I learnt to program at an early age on a ZX81 before stepping up to a speccy (Best computer ever) and grew up playing pole position and chequered flag before moving along with technology. Again both Fifa and Driveclub are great online with people you get to know, I play both a lot but agree that playing with unkowns can lead to a bad experience. You're doing the right thing introducing yourself here because I'm sure you'll have a much better experience online with a decent group of people.

I'll add you (And everyone else here) when I get home.

psn DozUK

Firefox02
08-05-2015, 13:36
You're on my list bud! :D

Thank you :-)

Northlander
08-05-2015, 13:41
Ha, we have a very similar background but you have a slight edge with your age (46). I learnt to program at an early age on a ZX81 before stepping up to a speccy (Best computer ever) and grew up playing pole position and chequered flag before moving along with technology. Again both Fifa and Driveclub are great online with people you get to know, I play both a lot but agree that playing with unkowns can lead to a bad experience. You're doing the right thing introducing yourself here because I'm sure you'll have a much better experience online with a decent group of people.

I'll add you (And everyone else here) when I get home.

psn DozUK

You need the PS app and you can add from your mobile :D

Nukeproof Mega
08-05-2015, 13:51
Thanks for the reply, but this is the PS4 forum :)

Doh!! lol..

Firefox02
08-05-2015, 14:20
I have sent Friend Request out to most of you guys.
If I have missed some I'm sorry.

If you have sent messages to me on PSN, I'll write back as soon as possible - I'm visiting a friend now so won't see them before late tonight.

I look forward to race with you all.
Take Care, and see you on the tracks :-)

danowat
08-05-2015, 14:23
I have sent Friend Request out to most of you guys.
If I have missed some I'm sorry.

If you have sent messages to me on PSN, I'll write back as soon as possible - I'm visiting a friend now so won't see them before late tonight.

I look forward to race with you all.
Take Care, and see you on the tracks :-)

Got it ;)

Androsynth01
08-05-2015, 16:49
PSN ID: Androsynth01
Just created my own race tuning team: http://t2wre.freeforums.org
welcome tuners and testers

Prontopac
08-05-2015, 18:06
Greetings All,

Seems everyone is excited about pCARS and I am no exception. Being from California I'll have to wait until Tuesday next week to get my copy, but I can't wait to become part of the PS4 family of pCar racers.

I will look forward to racing online with I hope all of you, but there are a few things I need to do to get myself up to speed. First, I have to have a game copy on hand, and then I have get my (sh*t,) act together.

I love GT cars and that is where I will start. My home tracks are Sonoma Raceway, about 40 minutes away from where I live and Laguna Seca, about 2 hrs away. I'm also about 2 1/2 hours away from the northern part of the Pacific Coast Highway, or PCH. I will be interested to see how much of the highway in pCARS matches the real thing.

Give me a week or two, (most likely three,) for me to sort everything out and get track worthy. Until then, I hope you find your "grip" and "racing line." And while your at it, tip a glass for "Top Gear." I'm going to miss that show.

Later...

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 18:15
Hi everyone,

My name is Umer and I am a moderator on the WMD site and also here.

Thanks for joining and hope you guys are enjoying the first few days of the game. Sorry for any frustrations but in the community spirit we can all help each other on this forum.

Please take minute to update your signature (Control Panel > Edit Signature) with your gaming equipment because that helps the troubleshooting questions. You can copy mine to get started.

Northlander
08-05-2015, 18:42
Hi everyone,

My name is Umer and I am a moderator on the WMD site and also here.

Thanks for joining and hope you guys are enjoying the first few days of the game. Sorry for any frustrations but in the community spirit we can all help each other on this forum.

Please take minute to update your signature (Control Panel > Edit Signature) with your gaming equipment because that helps the troubleshooting questions. You can copy mine to get started.

Will do, although mine will just say PS4 :)

brutboss
08-05-2015, 18:54
i'm from Australia, keen to hook up with locals and others for clean racing.
fanatec porsche turbo s wheel, csr elite pedals, h-shift & sequential.

psn: brutboss

hkraft300
08-05-2015, 19:17
Ye the online lobbies are quite full of knobs at the moment. destruction derby etc...

Plus foul choice of race rules/conditions...

Not much quality racing at the moment. I'm sure the NFS wannabe's will drop out soon enough. Shouldn't take too long for them to get over the damage visuals and lose interest in this game.

pCars doesn't have the bodykits or nitrous mods to keep them entertained.

Marimbakat
08-05-2015, 19:17
Greetings Programs!!!

Marimbakat here, just wanted to say hello to all and that I'm looking forward to getting PCars here in a bit.

Wheel: T300RS.
PSN: marimbakat

I'm currently a League Director for SeeTheAir.com. Been running this league for a short time over 4 years. We've had a lot of driver come through the league in that time, and I hope to possibly gain a lot more with this title. Been on various NASCAR titles on PS3 and PC, as well as the F1 and GT titles.

Add me if you'd like or browse our website to see if you'd like to participate in some racing. We have members from Australia, US, and Canada. From England to Scotland, and few more that have signed up from Belgium to South Africa. If you want to be apart of a truly International league complete with separate driver pages, check us out. It's always good to have a nice group of drivers to start out on the game to ensure a smooth running and enjoyment in the racing.

Andy Mitchell
08-05-2015, 19:21
Hi Everyone!

Loving this game, It is everything I was looking for. I have had my eye on it for a while.

I haven't dabbled into the online aspect of the game so far as I am looking to completely avoid the crazy racing that usually ruins the experience on console.

I will be looking to run practice and test sessions when I'm up to speed a bit with like minded people. In time I would like to try and join a league that race regular and clean.

At the moment I'm running using the controller but in future will be trying to sort myself out with a decent seat and wheel.

If any of you guys want to add me on PSN my gamer handle is Drudges. Just a heads up I'm not the most talkative of people but I will always help somebody out if I can.

Might see you on the track soon.

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 19:23
Hi Andy,

Lots of similar minded drivers here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124-Multiplayer-Event-Planning)

Andy Mitchell
08-05-2015, 19:32
Hi Andy,

Lots of similar minded drivers here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124-Multiplayer-Event-Planning)

Thanks Umer

Northlander
08-05-2015, 19:57
Hi Everyone!

Loving this game, It is everything I was looking for. I have had my eye on it for a while.

I haven't dabbled into the online aspect of the game so far as I am looking to completely avoid the crazy racing that usually ruins the experience on console.

I will be looking to run practice and test sessions when I'm up to speed a bit with like minded people. In time I would like to try and join a league that race regular and clean.

At the moment I'm running using the controller but in future will be trying to sort myself out with a decent seat and wheel.

If any of you guys want to add me on PSN my gamer handle is Drudges. Just a heads up I'm not the most talkative of people but I will always help somebody out if I can.

Might see you on the track soon.

Hi Andy!

You've found the right thread! This is why I started an 'Introduction' thread this morning as here in the UK I knew by the time I'd finish work today, the whole PS4 PCars scene would have exploded into life!

I've been a massive Playstation racer since the original GT, my first wheel was on the PS2 and I've never looked back! PCars has nailed it for me, what with the years and years of obsessively playing GT5 (and somewhat 6) on my PS3, they have captured everything and more on the PS4 that I wanted in a new console 'sim'

As for clean racing/test sessions etc, I'm on the same page as you. I used to run a reasonably successful GT5 series, so I'm no stranger to 'playing the game as intended' There will be no NFS, Destruction Derby here. Just good clean 'real' racing fun. Lets get the best out of PCars and have a brilliant time learning what it can offer.

So while I get to grips with the serious amount of settings (until I get the feel I'm looking for, both with the wheel settings and visual ones) feel free to add me and we'll hit the track soon!

pursey141
09-05-2015, 09:05
My psn is pursey_141

I seem to have wrote my psn down wrong on a earlier post. Played pcars last night for the first time and wow ! Such a good looking game and the driving is second to none. Tryed a few races online but half the opposition didnt seem to have brakes haha still trying to get use to the handling myself but i got a couple off wins. Tonight will be my first time using steering wheel and peddles so hopefully find it easier and pick it up quick.
Add me if there is anyone up for some good clean racing later. I will apologise now for any accidents while i try and master the wheel lol

Schmoo
09-05-2015, 09:12
Hi I'm Schmoo. My psn name is Seamouse71. Just started playing this today and I am pretty happy with the game so far.

Aub
09-05-2015, 12:22
Hi I'm Darren

I've been racing on line for many years with rfactor and iracing to name a couple. I'd like to find some serious people to race against I've been in 1 public server so far and it was horrendous!

I have a t300rs wheel with g25 pedals and a shifter Will be with me soon.

Psn is Aub188 add me if you wish and hopefully I will find some decent racers out there

FlyinJake
09-05-2015, 12:27
I'm new to this game I'm playing on a PS4.

I enjoy it very much indeed.
I live in Denmark

I try my best to race clean, but I'm not the most experienced simulation Driver.
But where there's will there's a way
What is your PSN Name, Norhtlander - then I'll add you as a friend :-)

Hello fellow racers, I am also from Denmark and always looking for good and clean races. Me, my brother and a friend of mine got the game on PS4 (preordered), so I waited up all night to start the game 1 second past midnight. What a wonderfull feeling when the game started, love it. Add us to your friends list if you want to race us: FlyinJake, APC_Darkone and conehead123.

Northlander
09-05-2015, 12:28
Hi I'm Darren

I've been racing on line for many years with rfactor and iracing to name a couple. I'd like to find some serious people to race against I've been in 1 public server so far and it was horrendous!

I have a t300rs wheel with g25 pedals and a shifter Will be with me soon.

Psn is Aub188 add me if you wish and hopefully I will find some decent racers out there

Nice one Darren, you've found the right thread! I know what you mean with 'open lobbies' It was the same in GT5.

This is why I decided to start a thread looking for clean racers. Plus the game deserves a better class of driver regardless of skill.

See you on the track!

the-D-
09-05-2015, 14:01
Nice one Darren, you've found the right thread! I know what you mean with 'open lobbies' It was the same in GT5.

This is why I decided to start a thread looking for clean racers. Plus the game deserves a better class of driver regardless of skill.

See you on the track!

Did the same, 1 open lobby was enough to taint it forever, I guess some like it that way, each to their own i guess.

PSN: the-D-
T300 GTE
Fast Clean Fair Gentleman Tenacious

IXBEEFXI
09-05-2015, 15:05
Hi all,

I have been playing racing games for years casually and been on and off in the racing scene with various clans on various games (mostly Forza and Gran Turismo) and have been looking forward to this for many months now.

My PSN ID is the same as my forum name (IXBEEFXI) and i am based in England although my times online range from afternoons to very early mornings dependant on what my working life is doing.

I like clean competitive racing and tinkering around with the settings to make things go faster (although i am not very good at that part).

Feel free to add me, just make sure you reference the forum here so that i know to accept.

McKiernan
10-05-2015, 01:49
Hey guys/gals
I'm a huge fan of racing and racing games for many years now, although my lack of skills might suggest otherwise (I am probably average at best). My only experience in racing online was with a regular group of guys who raced weekly on Gran Turismo 5 & was for me the only way to enjoy that game. Those race weekends showed me how much fun racing online can be when with the right people. None of us were particularly quick and accidents did happen at times, but it was never intentional as everyone tried their best to make every race as clean and fair as possible. I'm very much looking forward to more of the same kind of experiences on Project Cars, so feel free to add me, my PSN is the same as my username here.

Skrillex
10-05-2015, 01:59
Hi everyone, my name is Keith go by Skrillex on here and my PS username is Keith_35.

Been racing online for 5 years now between F1 and Iracing

Also looking for clean racers to run with. Open lobbie is not an option for me too many screw offs.

catterclaws
10-05-2015, 10:40
Hi Guys .....My name is Per and i am from Denmark

My PSN is catterclaws

Arends1989
11-05-2015, 10:12
Can we make this topic a sticky?

Northlander
11-05-2015, 12:04
I guess it wouldn't hurt :)

Katilla
11-05-2015, 12:23
Hi!
I am also looking for clean races.
If at age 50 you will also be able to come PSN ID: KATILLA-65-HU
Senior racer from Hungary
Thank you.

msmith1
11-05-2015, 15:30
Hi guys,

I got the game on launch day in UK.

I'm not a massively experienced racer but I'm not too bad. I do use a controller aswell.

I do my best to race clean and look for people to race online with who are clean too (grinds my gears when you get smashed into for no reason) however accidents happen which I understand and if I do knock into someone causing their lap to be affected and them to loose places I do let them retake me asap as a show of respect.

I'll add a few of you sometime this week and leave a comment saying "from Project Cars forum".

Hope to see some of you on the track!

msmith1
11-05-2015, 15:40
Oh and feel free to add me: Magic_MikeSmith

Northlander
11-05-2015, 15:58
I'd like to welcome all the newcomers to the thread :D

Anyway, onto what will hopefully turn into us creating a nice little group.

Everyone will have received a PSN message from me this morning (hope I haven't missed anyone from this thread, it took off better than I thought, so apologies if I've missed you from adding you to my PSN)

The plan is to have a bit of a get together, test session tonight, from 7ish (UK) Up to now we're going to run GT3 cars around the more gentle Silverstone International circuit until we get used to racing together, plus it helps each of us to get our introductions done :D

I'm up for racing as well as talking through setups and our general findings in PCars. Even if we just do some timed laps to start off with. I'll go with whatever the group fancies.

It should be a good learning session to see what we can get out of the game and to see what we stand up like in terms of skill between drivers.

So this is the current list in the group who I've sent a message too...

AFCARENDS
AUB188
BIGSHOULDERS62
DOZUK
DRUDGES
FELINEFLUSH
MCKIERNAN
PURSEY_141

See some of you on the track :)

msmith1
11-05-2015, 16:42
One thing I'd like to add is I do suffer with a stamme. So although I will speak down the mic, don't expect loads of talking straight away :)

pa_pinkelman
11-05-2015, 18:25
Hi all,

At age 48 you might call me an experienced racer.

Been racing seriously since the release of Gpl in 1998. A lot of online racing with the best community ever in those days. Going full sim in those 67 F1 cars with a decent wheel, gated shifter and heel-toeing was a real blast. Since then it went downwards and I lost interest in sim racing alltogether a couple of years ago.

Since I mainly focus on single player these days I think this sim is a godsent. Would even like to join a gentlemens racing club again just to do some clean racing online when I can find the time.

My psn nick is: pa_pinkelman

KAR120
11-05-2015, 18:52
Hi guys,

Marco from Italy, 40, spent two years on GT6 (PS3) and now very glad to play with Project Cars on PS4. I like sim racing and not arcade.
I'm also looking for clean racers. I have been online today but most races are quite unfair and with no rules at all...

Hope to join some of you online.

You can find me on PSN as momac74.

Cheers, Marco

Grant80
11-05-2015, 19:33
Guys,

Got this on launch day and loving it so far.
I'm an ok racer, using the controller. Like to race clean and looking for like minded players.

Cheers!

PSN: SidoniaKnight80

BigDipper
11-05-2015, 19:52
Hi Guys

Im Ximon,40y from The Netherlands.
I picked PCars up thinking that i would try a race now and then but now i'm hooked,sold and in love with this game.
I have zero expierience in race sims but im getting better with each lap.
The first 2 days the only thing i did was trying to stay on track now i'm setting times.
Mainly i race for fun but competitive even though im last most of the time but it doesnt boughter me because i make progres.
My PSN is Dip_Tanky

e15f
11-05-2015, 20:02
Hello guys,

Nice to meet you all, my username is francisnf be great to get involved in some clean online racing.

Looking forward to really getting into this fantastic game.

Northlander
11-05-2015, 21:08
Hi all,

At age 48 you might call me an experienced racer.

Been racing seriously since the release of Gpl in 1998. A lot of online racing with the best community ever in those days. Going full sim in those 67 F1 cars with a decent wheel, gated shifter and heel-toeing was a real blast. Since then it went downwards and I lost interest in sim racing alltogether a couple of years ago.

Since I mainly focus on single player these days I think this sim is a godsent. Would even like to join a gentlemens racing club again just to do some clean racing online when I can find the time.

My psn nick is: pa_pinkelman

Hi guys,

Marco from Italy, 40, spent two years on GT6 (PS3) and now very glad to play with Project Cars on PS4. I like sim racing and not arcade.
I'm also looking for clean racers. I have been online today but most races are quite unfair and with no rules at all...

Hope to join some of you online.

You can find me on PSN as momac74.

Cheers, Marco

Guys,

Got this on launch day and loving it so far.
I'm an ok racer, using the controller. Like to race clean and looking for like minded players.

Cheers!

PSN: SidoniaKnight80

Welcome all! :D

By all means I'd love to have some online races with you all, I'll send out some FR's on PSN. As you would have seen I'd planned a bit of a practice session tonight where 3 of us had a few laps and it was good. Apart from the obvious improvement over GT6 on the PS3, I think if we get a regular group of racers together, and we get to know each others abilities in PCars, I'm sure we will be able to get a regular series going. All my online racing has been done in GT5, by the time GT6 landed we had the PS4, so my time on there has faded in recent months, so I'm really looking forward to see how good PCars will be online, once we get to grips with what you can actually do with the lobbies. My first impressions after tonight are very positive! I can feel that buzz I used to get back in the GT5 days. Unfortunately most of my GT5 friends haven't yet moved to either the PS4 and the one's who have, only one has bought a new wheel and PCars, so it will be great to add new friends.

Rest assured I'm all about 'proper' clean racing, and I totally know what you all mean when I read your comments regarding the open lobbies and the quality of the driving you come across. It's all professional yet still fun without spoiling the racing.

See you on the track!

LeoFric
11-05-2015, 21:41
Hi guys,

Psn= LeoFric
Aka Armin

Ow...and I'm Dutch

Been doing this for some time now, had the long wait as I just missed the crowd fund.

Everything is in working order, wheel, chair, ps4.. Now some clean races will do the trick I do not mind getting last as long as it went fair.

It would be nice if someone had the time to make a country based GT4, 3, 5, Group A or Group 5 league.
And work it towards a worldwide cup! I would if I had the time to organize. but I'll have to stick to driving.

Arends1989
12-05-2015, 06:38
Great to see that we are already 8 pages away on introductions :)

Received the group message yesterday, but had to quite earlier than expected. Will join when possible, so keep those invites coming!

Sonny Crockett
12-05-2015, 10:42
Hi Guys

Im Ximon,40y from The Netherlands.
I picked PCars up thinking that i would try a race now and then but now i'm hooked,sold and in love with this game.
I have zero expierience in race sims but im getting better with each lap.
The first 2 days the only thing i did was trying to stay on track now i'm setting times.
Mainly i race for fun but competitive even though im last most of the time but it doesnt boughter me because i make progres.
My PSN is Dip_Tanky

Welcome!

Hi guys,

Psn= LeoFric
Aka Armin

Ow...and I'm Dutch

Been doing this for some time now, had the long wait as I just missed the crowd fund.

Everything is in working order, wheel, chair, ps4.. Now some clean races will do the trick I do not mind getting last as long as it went fair.

It would be nice if someone had the time to make a country based GT4, 3, 5, Group A or Group 5 league.
And work it towards a worldwide cup! I would if I had the time to organize. but I'll have to stick to driving.

Yeah, a Dutch league would be awesome. What kind of steeringwheel do you use?

Arends1989
12-05-2015, 10:46
Yeah, a Dutch league would be awsome.

Yup :cool:

@SonnyCrockett,

Did I miss your introduction? What's your PSN?

Nanook
12-05-2015, 12:22
Greetings from ice cold Finland!

This is the first game ever that I have preordered :) I played a lot GT5+6 but got bored eventually.
This game seems to offer enough challenge so I'm sure that it keeps me entertained a long time.

I'v played games since 80's. First racing "sims" I played was on Commodore 64 like Pole Position etc :D

I just yesterday bought the T100. I have 2 Logitech wheels but you know :(

I'm looking forward to race with you guys some day. I just have to practice a little bit before I can step outside on online racing.

Please feel free to add me but before you do check the timezone ;) Finland is +2 utc/etc.
PSN: VauhtiVeikko

bonannogiovanni
12-05-2015, 12:36
Hi all, nice to meet you, Project Cars PS4 for me.

Andymh5
12-05-2015, 12:52
Hi Guys
My name is Andy and I'm form Northern Ireland. I am a massive car racing fan and try to attend a F1 race per year. I have played racing games the past 10 yrs with Forza 4 being the best one..........so far lol. I have played Project cars now for a few days and its stunning, apart from a few bugs/glitches I think this could possibly be the best racing sim I have played but I need to spend more time at it. In the not too distant future I am going to get a thrustmaster t300 steering wheel to enhance my racing experience. My psn is: Andymh5 so please feel free to add me for some good honest racing.

BigDipper
12-05-2015, 13:37
@Armin&Sonny a Dutch league would be nice.
I'm racing with some friends who would like that 2.

@nanook.. pitstop C64 :love-struck:

misterspockyall
12-05-2015, 13:47
Hello all-

New to sims, I'm in North America. Put a lot of miles on Forza 4 and am looking forward to the new challenge and realism with Project Cars. Still waiting to download from PS Store, but debating whether or not to subscribe to PS4 online and/or getting a wheel setup. If I do, I would likely be interested in a clean racing group.

Arends1989
12-05-2015, 13:50
@BigDipper,

I'm already racing with three friends (all Dutch). If you want to join with your two friends, add me to psn :)

BigDipper
12-05-2015, 13:58
@BigDipper,

I'm already racing with three friends (all Dutch). If you want to join with your two friends, add me to psn :)

I'll add you when I get home.
Who said 2 friends? We're with 7 or 8 and 4 are in it hardcore :)
I smell a Dutch racers Facebook group coming up ;)

HeeseyChelmet
12-05-2015, 14:09
A car nut who loves motorsport and gaming. Combining the two is heaven (except this one exists). Been a fan of racing/ driving games since Race Driven on the snes as a kid and almost everything since. Always wanted a sim but stuck to the usual likes of Forza and GT series mainly due to not upgrading my PC/ playing FPS's in clans.

Playing on PSN as HeeseyChelmet so send me a FR and we'll get some races in! Cheers

Arends1989
12-05-2015, 14:15
Who said 2 friends? We're with 7 or 8 and 4 are in it hardcore

Oops.. miss understood I guess! 7 or 8 sounds even better! ;)

Looking forward to the invite and merging our groups!

Beardybrave
12-05-2015, 15:02
Based in the UK. Have been a fan of motorsport since I was a nipper. In fact was in and around it pretty much from birth as my dad raced 125 karts (against the late David Leslie no less, a few years later he let me sit in his Le Mans Ecurie Ecosse), until broken bones aplenty put an end to all of that for him and, therefore, for me.

The karts have given me massive flashbacks. I can almost smell the 2 stroke. =)

Project Cars is incredible. I wanted to get involved with WMD, but I don't have a pc that can handle it really. So I've been waiting for what feels like forever for pCars to arrive. It has issues on ps4 but even as it stands, it's blown me away. I don't normally join forums these days, but I suspect once the (admittedly legitimately) angry contingent calm down, this will be a place worth being in.

GJS-FORCE
12-05-2015, 18:19
Hi guys,
I am from Holland.
I love this game, but online i don't like the guys driving another one of the track over and over again.
Fair drivers can add me anytime by sending request and mention Project Cars

My PSN: GJS-FORCE
I hope u send me a request

Northlander
13-05-2015, 04:52
Update:

Thanks to everyone who has used this thread to introduce yourself to the community. Hopefully many of you have found like-minded people to race with with.

My original intention was to put together a small group of say 6 regulars who would be available on a weekly basis, all will be explained in a new thread.

So for now please continue to post here so the PS4 community know you're out there.

Regards

IrideGravity
13-05-2015, 06:50
Psn=nutty113
Clean sim racing please. Looking to become part of a group who setup days to play or race in groups. The online component here doesn't seem to be a priority & like most games, it's gonna be on the player to find his own friends and racers to compete at his level.
This makes me sad, but I'm down to try.
I play in the Pacific time zone. West coast US. Could be any time of day. But likely to see me evenings to early AM hours

Hopefully see you on the track.

dwalldorf
13-05-2015, 09:30
Always available for some clean racing :)

MrStef85
13-05-2015, 09:42
Gamertag: MrStef85 (Dutch, 30 years old)

Northlander
13-05-2015, 09:47
Gamertag: MrStef85 (Dutch, 30 years old)

Would you be up for a test session later today?

MrStef85
13-05-2015, 09:51
Would you be up for a test session later today?

Yeah that's cool! Gamertag?

GJS-FORCE
13-05-2015, 10:43
@Armin&Sonny a Dutch league would be nice.
I'm racing with some friends who would like that 2.

@nanook.. pitstop C64 :love-struck:

Wat is je psn naam Big dipper?

Northlander
13-05-2015, 10:55
Yeah that's cool! Gamertag?

NorthlanderGT :)

Mr.Smoke
13-05-2015, 15:03
New to the forum, but not console racing games. Ive been a PS guy since the original & owned basically every GT to date. With the release of Pcars, that has likely come to an end.

Im a 28 yr old living in Canada & looking for other North-American PS4 users to have some good, clean racing fun with.

For now, im using the PS controller but i have a T100 wheel which will be getting put to use as soon as i build a stand for it.

Usually dont jump online until around 9pm EST after my kids go to bed, but if anyone wants to add me my PSN is M-R---S-M-O-K-E please put Pcars in the friend request so i know. I dont accept FR's without an attached message.

See you guys on the track!!

awaite85
13-05-2015, 15:55
Hello everyone. I am a clean racer eventually looking for a league or friends to race with. For now, I am practicing and focusing on getting back into the groove of racing. Gave up GT6 about a year ago, and got a ps4. Anyways, I got the hard copy on ps4 yesterday morning, played about 5 hours. Not a single bug so far, and the AI actually races you instead of following a line like in the GT series. Cheers!!

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 10:49
Hi Guys, 31 yrs old from Belgium (But still NL)
Looking for some dutch speaking clean drivers too since online racing is just like Driveclub.
Still learning the cars and have some trouble with the FFB settings not being saved properly but otherwise I'm having fun.
I drive with all assists off.

PSN: CPS-3

Pablo2008jedi
14-05-2015, 11:14
I haven't formally introduced myself.

I am Pabs :)

I'm nearly classed as being an old fart. I've loved sims for a long time and I was a moderator on the "Original LFS League" that raced on a Sunday night (over 8 years ago WTF!?!?). But as life moves on, it's every hard to find a dedicated spot time to dedicate myself to online league racing. I'll always be up for a "drop in" for some clean and mature racing online, feel free to send a FR!

MrTRAPPER
14-05-2015, 18:01
Hey guy's, I'm 24 from Canada looking for other English speaking players. I've had the game for 3 days now getting a good feel for the game before I jump into multiplayer. I'm a clean driver, if anyone would like to add me Psn:MrTRAPPER306 Look forward to playing with some of you, see you on the track.

Northlander
14-05-2015, 18:20
Hey guy's, I'm 24 from Canada looking for other English speaking players. I've had the game for 3 days now getting a good feel for the game before I jump into multiplayer. I'm a clean driver, if anyone would like to add me Psn:MrTRAPPER306 Look forward to playing with some of you, see you on the track.

I'd be up for that, but being in the UK, I'm sure our timezones will be an issue :-/

watchtowergoggs
14-05-2015, 18:25
Hi all,

I'm a 30 something year old, loving the game so far. I'm very much a novice driver, all automatic and assists on full for me, but I do my best to race clean. I've enjoyed a few of the racing sims over the years but I've never been hooked by any of them like PCars has done.

I think I've sussed out a way to avoid the shunts (pun intended) online simply by not racing to the first corner and letting the shunts take each other out or fly off the track. Once the first corner is done, I can usually pick my way through the debris.

To be fair the shunts I have done it myself a few times, mainly where a car has come back on the track and has been slowed down deliberately by the game. Bit annoying, I wish we could literally drive "through" those guys.

Feel free to add me, my GT is watchtowergoggs

I also broadcast on Twitch occasionally too. http://www.twitch.tv/watchtowergoggs

KK78
14-05-2015, 19:33
Hi everyone, I'm Lee, in the North of the UK. Big car nut and recently been playing Forza on the Xbox One and a LOT of Driveclub on the PS4. I'm finding my feet in Project Cars and enjoying it, I run a Driveclub league on another forum but will be up for some sessions on Project Cars too, looking forward to hooking up with some of you ;)

My PSN is: slypuss7881

Pichon617
14-05-2015, 19:38
Hello race fans I'm on the ps4 I'm a clean racer coming over from SNAIL SPEC racing on GT6. I'm looking to put together a league or series if you are interested send psn request to PICHON617