PDA

View Full Version : No Game.

Agitated
08-05-2015, 07:22
So I just saw that I don't have project cars anymore on steam because it is released. I don't remember what the deal was because I paid that 25$ to support the game almost 3 years ago, but i always believed that I will receive a copy of the full game once it is released 3 years later. Now you want another 25$ so i can actually have the game. If I don't pay the extra 25$ guess what? I don't get anything. I am pretty sure I did not click the donate button when I made that transaction. So am I right here or am I wrong, I don't know what is happening.

Viking
08-05-2015, 07:31
So I just saw that I don't have project cars anymore on steam because it is released. I don't remember what the deal was because I paid that 25$ to support the game almost 3 years ago, but i always believed that I will receive a copy of the full game once it is released 3 years later. Now you want another 25$ so i can actually have the game. If I don't pay the extra 25$ guess what? I don't get anything. I am pretty sure I did not click the donate button when I made that transaction. So am I right here or am I wrong, I don't know what is happening.
Your tier didn't imply getting a free version of the game, but a discount. Anyway this discussion have nothing to do here, please check the WMD forums. This question has already been answered there.

bjornmorrison
08-05-2015, 07:33
I'm in the same boat. Paid 10 euros, played the beta, left it for the last year or so, and now it's released, thought I'd have a look see. My WMD forum username doesn't work, the recover password function does not recognise the email address i registered with and I have no clue what i get for my 10 euros.

If anyone has answers to these issues, or knows of where we can get answers, please let us know.

I've given feedback in the WMD forums to the admin, awaiting a response.

Thanks,
Bjorn

bjornmorrison
08-05-2015, 07:39
OK, thanks Viking. I'll await a response to my registration details request from the WMD forum admins.
Bjorn

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 07:40
I'm in the same boat. Paid 10 euros, played the beta, left it for the last year or so, and now it's released, thought I'd have a look see. My WMD forum username doesn't work, the recover password function does not recognise the email address i registered with and I have no clue what i get for my 10 euros.

If anyone has answers to these issues, or knows of where we can get answers, please let us know.

I've given feedback in the WMD forums to the admin, awaiting a response.

Thanks,
Bjorn

You're a Junior member, so the game has been removed from your Steam inventory. You have to buy the game and you'll get a 20% discount.

Where does your WMD username not work?

bjornmorrison
08-05-2015, 07:43
You're a Junior member, so the game has been removed from your Steam inventory. You have to buy the game and you'll get a 20% discount.

http://forum.wmdportal.com/forum.php
And the recover your password function says that the emil address I registered with is not recognized. I've tried all the ones I would have had in 2012. I clicked the link to contact an admin about it, and am awaiting a reply.
Thanks for all the help here, I'll just await that reply, and sorry for posting about it here. A discount was what I expected, just be keen to see what the full version is like. It's been ages since I played it.
bjorn

Cheesenium
08-05-2015, 08:14
http://forum.wmdportal.com/forum.php
And the recover your password function says that the emil address I registered with is not recognized. I've tried all the ones I would have had in 2012. I clicked the link to contact an admin about it, and am awaiting a reply.
Thanks for all the help here, I'll just await that reply, and sorry for posting about it here. A discount was what I expected, just be keen to see what the full version is like. It's been ages since I played it.
bjorn

Have you activate the Steam key on your Steam account before release? If you had done so, could you please check your inventory for the discount coupon?

bjornmorrison
08-05-2015, 09:21
Have you activate the Steam key on your Steam account before release? If you had done so, could you please check your inventory for the discount coupon?

That's exactly where it is. Thank you!

Agitated
08-05-2015, 21:44
Ok just wanted to make sure you are thieves, technically. Thank you.

danjama
08-05-2015, 21:50

No they're not, you only paid 25, you were not a big enough investor to get the game free. You should have read the conditions.

Pinna
08-05-2015, 21:51

Have you tried this? (2 posts above yours)

If the coupon doesn't show up in your inventory, try adding Project Cars to your Steam shopping cart. It should automatically apply the discount.

Agitated
08-05-2015, 21:58
Yeah it is all good man don't worry.

eracerhead
09-05-2015, 00:36
An apology for the 'thieves' comment might be appropriate then, and would ensure you get positive responses next time you have questions. Because it's a big game, and you're sure to need others' assistance in the near future.

soulcrusher
12-07-2015, 19:48

I am a Junior member as well (25) But I didn't get a discount coupon. I did add the beta on steam though.

Sankyo
12-07-2015, 20:14
I am a Junior member as well (25€) But I didn't get a discount coupon. I did add the beta on steam though.

For €25 you were a Team Member. If you activated the dev builds on Steam then you also got the discount coupon in your inventory, however the coupon was only valid for a limited time (60 days) so it is very likely that it has expired now.

soulcrusher
14-07-2015, 16:11
For 25 you were a Team Member. If you activated the dev builds on Steam then you also got the discount coupon in your inventory, however the coupon was only valid for a limited time (60 days) so it is very likely that it has expired now.

Wow a coupon that is valid for only 60 days on a game that was in development for over 3 years? That sucks big time! Why a limited time anyway?

Awong124
14-07-2015, 16:43

Sankyo
14-07-2015, 17:16
Wow a coupon that is valid for only 60 days on a game that was in development for over 3 years? That sucks big time! Why a limited time anyway?

The limited time is a Steam thing, not an SMS decision (I think). I don't see the link between dev time and coupon expiration, though.

60 days is two months, which should be enough to notice the announcement on WMD and decide on the purchase if you'd follow the development of the game as was the intention of WMD. Or at least ask for help or clarification if those 2 months wouldn't be enough for some (perhaps good) reason for you personally.

Mahjik
14-07-2015, 17:17

Did you not receive emails about the distribution process back in March? There was also this thread on the forum:

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?21260-Project-CARS-Members-Game-Distribution

You may still have the discount. It will not show until you put pCARS in your Check Out Cart.

Ian Bell
14-07-2015, 17:20

Because we sort of expected you to be involved throughout. That was the main point behind what we were doing.

Mr Schumacher
14-07-2015, 22:02
I am truly IN LOVE with this game.. I can't WAIT for the July tracks and cars.. When should we expect this DLC???

GamingCanuck
15-07-2015, 01:45

Haha, they're thieves because you can't read. Classic.

UMadBro
15-07-2015, 04:13
I was thinking you guys could give the players who actually purchased the game but didn't receive it a further discount. That or they show you if they brought it. Just adding my thoughts in.

Morgan Henstridge
15-07-2015, 04:58
I was thinking you guys could give the players who actually purchased the game but didn't receive it a further discount. That or they show you if they brought it. Just adding my thoughts in.

Every WMD member that put money into the development will be receiving their Money back, plus a profit.

Not sure why they should also receive a further discount.

soulcrusher
15-07-2015, 09:40
The limited time is a Steam thing, not an SMS decision (I think). I don't see the link between dev time and coupon expiration, though.

60 days is two months, which should be enough to notice the announcement on WMD and decide on the purchase if you'd follow the development of the game as was the intention of WMD. Or at least ask for help or clarification if those 2 months wouldn't be enough for some (perhaps good) reason for you personally.

Because we sort of expected you to be involved throughout. That was the main point behind what we were doing.
Fair point, Ian, but my interest in games kinda fluctuates, as most people have I assume. So you can not expect me to always fully be up to date about what's going on with this project. I have been playing and following development of the game in beta for a while, moved on to other games (and other things in life), and now want to go back to Project Cars. Three years is a really long time for someone not closely related to this project like you guys are and I honestly find it naive to think every member will be fully involved throughout. But hey, it's your funding platform so your rules (and I respect them). Part of it is surely my fault for approaching this game with an early access mindset, and I forgot I wouldn't get a full game when it was released. No big deal, but finding out my coupon expired is quite a disappointment. Also, the thread Mahjik linked to (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?21260-Project-CARS-Members-Game-Distribution) doesn't actually state that there is a expiration date for the coupon, or that I needed to buy the game within a certain time frame. So how exactly was I supposed to know even if I was fully involved?

But I understand your decisions and I respect them. But if this coupon expiration thing is a Steam thing, then I do think that giving members a discount coupon on their WMD profile page and let them buy a Steam key from your site (like many devs do) might have been a better idea. I don't think there is a middle man in the PC version like there is in the console versions is there?

Every WMD member that put money into the development will be receiving their Money back, plus a profit.

Not sure why they should also receive a further discount.
No offence, but your point is only valid if there was no promise of a discount. But there was a promise (and everyone technically got one).

Ian Bell
15-07-2015, 09:49
Fair point, Ian, but my interest in games kinda fluctuates, as most people have I assume. So you can not expect me to always fully be up to date about what's going on with this project. I have been playing and following development of the game in beta for a while, moved on to other games (and other things in life), and now want to go back to Project Cars. Three years is a really long time for someone not closely related to this project like you guys are and I honestly find it naive to think every member will be fully involved throughout. But hey, it's your funding platform so your rules (and I respect them). Part of it is surely my fault for approaching this game with an early access mindset, and I forgot I wouldn't get a full game when it was released. No big deal, but finding out my coupon expired is quite a disappointment. Also, the thread Mahjik linked to (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?21260-Project-CARS-Members-Game-Distribution) doesn't actually state that there is a expiration date for the coupon, or that I needed to buy the game within a certain time frame. So how exactly was I supposed to know even if I was fully involved?

But I understand your decisions and I respect them. But if this coupon expiration thing is a Steam thing, then I do think that giving members a discount coupon on their WMD profile page and let them buy a Steam key from your site (like many devs do) might have been a better idea. I don't think there is a middle man in the PC version like there is in the console versions is there?

No offence, but your point is only valid if there was no promise of a discount. But there was a promise (and everyone technically got one).

I've told our server admin to contact you with a coupon.

soulcrusher
15-07-2015, 09:52
I've told our server admin to contact you with a coupon.
Wow, I did not expect that. Thank you kindly.

Ian Bell
15-07-2015, 09:56
It's not a coupon, we can only give a full game, so this is a one off :)

soulcrusher
15-07-2015, 10:03
It's not a coupon, we can only give a full game, so this is a one off :)

Wow, I don't know what to say. Thank you so much :)

Mahjik
15-07-2015, 14:19
Closing since it's been handled..