PDA

View Full Version : Sim Commander / Simvibe / Buttkicker

Ruszek83
08-05-2015, 07:27
I use "home made" transducer and it is working fine with all other games: iRacing, AC...
P.Cars is not working for me... Am i the only one that has issue with that ?

Michael

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 07:46
Hi Michael, I have SimCommander 4 running fine with Project Cars.

You should just need to have the "Shared Memory" enabled in Options > Visuals > Hardware.

edit- Shared Memory is required for all output for 3rd party plugins etc, Simvibe, Fanaleds, Android and Iphone apps.....

Ruszek83
08-05-2015, 07:57
It's alive !!! ALIVE!!!
You sir are a genious!!! Thanks!

If i only asked first and not used 2 hours debugging my hardware/software ;)

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 08:09
No worries Mate, I know it well as that setting has caught me out on more than one occasion during the development :)

Hope you are enjoying the game :)

rsmarrygold
08-05-2015, 08:35
It's alive !!! ALIVE!!!
You sir are a genious!!! Thanks!

If i only asked first and not used 2 hours debugging my hardware/software ;)

This is super awesome!, no matter what the problem would be resolved, we will become more and more popular bars!

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 08:40
There are a lot of the original WMD users on here who are more than happy to help, so everyone can enjoy this awesome game :)

We have had a lot of the same questions ourselves, during the development, so we should be able to help for a lot of things.

Slowsley
08-05-2015, 10:34
I'm having the same problem except that turning on shared media didn't fix it for me. I turned that on yesterday and it got my SLI working, but still no Buttkicker. It's a huge downer on my experience so far.

I created my pCARS tab from "create from scratch", steamapps/...../pCARS64..exe, same info as other working sims such as "realtek high def audio, extensions mode, ect....I see no differences in how I set up pCARS compared to everything else that works.

Suggestions anyone? I just want to love it.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 10:39
I'm having the same problem except that turning on shared media didn't fix it for me. I turned that on yesterday and it got my SLI working, but still no Buttkicker. It's a huge downer on my experience so far.

I created my pCARS tab from "create from scratch", steamapps/...../pCARS64..exe, same info as other working sims such as "realtek high def audio, extensions mode, ect....I see no differences in how I set up pCARS compared to everything else that works.

Suggestions anyone? I just want to love it.

Hi Slowsley, I am just using the preset Project CARS (Steam) setup in SimCommander 4 > Settings > Games.

SimCommander has had support for Project CARS for a while now, so its ready to go :)

Slowsley
08-05-2015, 10:39
The only other quirk I'm having is that the game always hangs on the SMS initial screen for a good 3-4 minutes before opening up, whether I open with Sim Commander or not. I don't figure these are related in anyway, but trying to give all the info I can.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 10:41
The only other quirk I'm having is that the game always hangs on the SMS initial screen for a good 3-4 minutes before opening up, whether I open with Sim Commander or not. I don't figure these are related in anyway, but trying to give all the info I can.

That is an odd one, but likely unrelated if it happens launching from SimCommander or not.

You could check the Windows Event Viewer and see if any errors are being logged in the background during that time??

Slowsley
08-05-2015, 10:44
Hi Slowsley, I am just using the preset Project CARS (Steam) setup in SimCommander 4 > Settings > Games.

SimCommander has had support for Project CARS for a while now, so its ready to go :)

Right, yes, I am as well. "Plugin: Project CARS (Steam), Game: Project CARS, Launch: steam/steamapps/common/projectCars/pCARS64.exe, Wait for: pCars.exe, pCars64.exe

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 10:48
This is what I have and it is working as expected....

Slowsley
08-05-2015, 10:51
I've never used the telemetry tab in Sim Commander, but it seems as though my pCARS isn't logging any whereas other unnamed sims are.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 10:53
I have never used the Telemtry tab either, just a basic Simvibe setup.

Never bothered with anyof the other stuff the SimCommander software does :)

Slowsley
08-05-2015, 10:57
Mine looks the same except for Games/steam/steam.exe.
Mine is steam/steamapps/common/pCARS/pCARS64.exe.
It tells me that "Steam.exe isn't an executable something or other."
AC for example is opening from the same type of location as the Steam/pCARS ect and works fine.

Thanks for reading and responding and all man!

Slowsley
08-05-2015, 11:03
I guess I need to figure out how to get it working as you have it in that line.

I moved Steam for c: to another drive I called F: a while back so I can't compare exactly with others who have it on C:

Hopefully that's not part of the problem. It isn't with anything else.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 11:04
Your location of the Steam.exe may be different. I believe the Default is C:\Program Files\Steam.

edit - Just find your steam.exe on the F: , should not matter where it is as long as that field is pointing to it.

Thats interesting about your Assetto Corsa. Mine is set the same as the screenshot above with the game exe as Steam.exe, and the wait on is the actual "game" exe.

I wonder if yours may be a legacy setting?? from SimCommander 3 maybe?

I have done a fresh format and clean install of everything a few days ago and went straight to SimCommander 4. Previously i had 3 then installed the Beta of 4 when it became available. Unfortunately i never paid attention to what was pointing where then as it just worked :)

Stephan Bozic
08-05-2015, 21:00
Hi! I can't finde shit today. I have simcommander 3, but how do i uppgrade to 4? Then it is impossible to find stem, thats an other issue.

Slowsley
08-05-2015, 21:27
I finally got it! Yes! I needed it to be "steam.exe" and not "steam/pCARS.exe."

You unlocked that for me. Thanks a ton!

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 22:08
Hi! I can't finde shit today. I have simcommander 3, but how do i uppgrade to 4? Then it is impossible to find stem, thats an other issue.

SimCommander 4 i believe was a free upgrade for everyone with SimCommander 3, at least it was for me.

Log into the simxperience wbsite and check under "My Orders". In there i can see the SimCommander 3 I paid for, and a free SimCommander 4.

Click on SimCommander 4 "Order Details" and you should see the download button and the serial number you need.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 22:08
I finally got it! Yes! I needed it to be "steam.exe" and not "steam/pCARS.exe."

You unlocked that for me. Thanks a ton!

Awesome. See you on track :)

Stephan Bozic
08-05-2015, 23:06
I reinstalled steam and now everything work

Stephan Bozic
08-05-2015, 23:13
SimCommander 4 i believe was a free upgrade for everyone with SimCommander 3, at least it was for me.

Log into the simxperience wbsite and check under "My Orders". In there i can see the SimCommander 3 I paid for, and a free SimCommander 4.

Click on SimCommander 4 "Order Details" and you should see the download button and the serial number you need.

Ok, thanks. I will try it tomorrow. It's 01:15 in Sweden, so time to sleep.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 00:04
No Worries.

From my (limited) memory, Project CARS was not on Steam when SimCommander 3 was out, so the profile in there may be for the non-steam development builds and may cause an issue.

It is definitely looking to steam for Project CARS in SimCommander 4 and there is no "non-steam" profile in SC4 for Project CARS.

McTurbo
10-05-2015, 19:13
Hi Michael, I have SimCommander 4 running fine with Project Cars.

You should just need to have the "Shared Memory" enabled in Options > Visuals > Hardware.

edit- Shared Memory is required for all output for 3rd party plugins etc, Simvibe, Fanaleds, Android and Iphone apps.....

Hi, where can I find : " Options>Visuals>Hardware" ?

In Windows or in Sim Commander 4?

I could not find =(

Slowsley
15-05-2015, 03:55
Hi, where can I find : " Options>Visuals>Hardware" ?

In Windows or in Sim Commander 4?

I could not find =(

In Project Cars itself.

Hondo
25-05-2015, 06:55
Anyone got Sim Commader to work with Windows 10?

RossCarlson
03-06-2015, 18:12
Having similar problems as others - I duplicated a few other working setups, namely iRacing and Dirt (so a non Steam and Steam - my install is from Steam) and in the Sim Commander screen I can test and the shaker is working. When I play iRacing it works perfectly. in Project Cars nothing. I already have Shared Memory enabled as I'm using one of the external Dash systems (DashMeter) on my Android tablet.

Any ideas on what I'm missing? It just feels like the connection between Sim Commander and Project Cars isn't working. It's a pretty big bummer (well first world problem bummer) as I have a very high end 3 screen cockpit system and am really enjoying Project Cars. Since I'm used to the shaker in other racing sims it just feels wrong not having it in Cars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Ross

Mahjik
03-06-2015, 18:21
Any ideas on what I'm missing? It just feels like the connection between Sim Commander and Project Cars isn't working. It's a pretty big bummer (well first world problem bummer) as I have a very high end 3 screen cockpit system and am really enjoying Project Cars. Since I'm used to the shaker in other racing sims it just feels wrong not having it in Cars.

Which version of SC are you using? IIRC, SC3 requires you to set "Steam.exe" as the executable and not "pCARS.exe/pCARS64.exe". I think SC4 works if you set the latter (but I'm still using SC3 at the moment so I cannot verify the latter).

RossCarlson
04-06-2015, 01:42
Which version of SC are you using? IIRC, SC3 requires you to set "Steam.exe" as the executable and not "pCARS.exe/pCARS64.exe". I think SC4 works if you set the latter (but I'm still using SC3 at the moment so I cannot verify the latter).

Sorry if that wasn't clear - I'm using SC3 but the issue isn't launching the game but rather having the shaker work. So yes, I only have steam.exe in the Game Exe line then pCARS.exe as the "Wait On". So again that part works perfectly I just get no rumble for any events.

Any other ideas?

Morgan Henstridge
04-06-2015, 01:48
Anyone got Sim Commader to work with Windows 10?

Hi Mate, yes i have Sim Commander 4 running with Windows 10.

didnt have to do anything special, just the same as an install in Windows 7 or 8, and no issues with it at all.

Morgan Henstridge
04-06-2015, 01:49
Sorry if that wasn't clear - I'm using SC3 but the issue isn't launching the game but rather having the shaker work. So yes, I only have steam.exe in the Game Exe line then pCARS.exe as the "Wait On". So again that part works perfectly I just get no rumble for any events.

Any other ideas?

in the sim Commander settings where you tell it what typoe of shaker setup you have, eg chassis or extended, there is a little test speaker there.

Do you get any vibration clicking on this??

If you do, then you probably just need to enable Shared Memory in Project Cars under Options>Visuals>Hardware.

Just note i believe there is still a known issue with Watching saved replays with Shared Memory enabled that may corrupt / delete your game profile.

Mahjik
04-06-2015, 02:56

Any other ideas?

Attached is what I have defined and working for SC3.

Hondo
04-06-2015, 03:30
Thanks Morgan, yes I did manage to get it to work.

Still have trying to find the optimal settings.

If you time can you please post a screenshot of the settings for each effect you are using.

Morgan Henstridge
04-06-2015, 05:34
Thanks Morgan, yes I did manage to get it to work.

Still have trying to find the optimal settings.

If you time can you please post a screenshot of the settings for each effect you are using.

I wont be at my PC for a while, but i can tell you here what i have setup, as i leave the levels at the defaults.

I run a "puck" style shaker as the Seat and a Butt kicker mini concert as Shifter in extensions mode. Both are actually mounted to the bottom of my seat.

- Both run Gear Changes and Impacts.
- Puck runs all the "texture" effects and also the engine vibration.
- Buttkicker runs all the "Bump" effects.

I tried once to modify the settings for the effects, but i ended up making a mess of it :) I now just add the desired effects to each device and leave the default settings, and i am happy with the results.

Hope that helps.

TrevorAustin
04-06-2015, 06:58
I've got mine working perfectly in chassis mode. Happy to share screenshots if anybody is still stuck?

RossCarlson
04-06-2015, 11:58
in the sim Commander settings where you tell it what typoe of shaker setup you have, eg chassis or extended, there is a little test speaker there.

Do you get any vibration clicking on this??

If you do, then you probably just need to enable Shared Memory in Project Cars under Options>Visuals>Hardware.

Just note i believe there is still a known issue with Watching saved replays with Shared Memory enabled that may corrupt / delete your game profile.

Thanks for the suggestions but still no dice. If I look under Settings->Sim Device Manager->SimVibe Chassis I see the little speaker icons for the front tires. Clicking on those I get a little thump from the shaker (and remember it works perfectly in all my other games). That's set to output to my external soundcard for the shaker. If I look at the "Output Mixer" tab under the button for Project Cars it is also set there to the same soundcard. I've deleted and readded Effects to make it very simple but still nothing.

As I previous said I already have Shared Memory turned on in Project Cars as I'm using one of the external display apps on my Nexus 6 and 7 (BTW sorta cool to be able to run two at once to get even more display space).

Any other ideas? While it's not keeping me from playing Cars it sure would be nice to get to use all my hardware and have an even more immersive setup.

-Ross

Morgan Henstridge
04-06-2015, 12:09
Hi Ross, sounds like it should be working from what you are saying.

The only pre-requisites should be the Shared Memory, which you have verified with the second screen app. Simvibe configured, which it is if it tests fine and works in other games, and the Game launcher bit in SimVibe. Only thing i can think of is maybe you are missing the PCARS64.exe from simvibe, which may be what Steam is launching if you have a 64bit system??

These are my settings from the profile included in SimVibe4, maybe just verify yours is the same, except for the path to steam.exe which will be system dependent.

If its not that, then I'm not sure what else it could be unfortunately.

Hope you get it going :)

Hondo
04-06-2015, 13:28
I've got mine working perfectly in chassis mode. Happy to share screenshots if anybody is still stuck?

Yes please Trevor. If you could post some screenshots and how you have it setup for example - Chassis mode/extension mode.....

I have two Buttkickers, have it set up left and right wheels. I'm now thinking this might not be the best way....

Hondo
04-06-2015, 13:28
I wont be at my PC for a while, but i can tell you here what i have setup, as i leave the levels at the defaults.

I run a "puck" style shaker as the Seat and a Butt kicker mini concert as Shifter in extensions mode. Both are actually mounted to the bottom of my seat.

- Both run Gear Changes and Impacts.
- Puck runs all the "texture" effects and also the engine vibration.
- Buttkicker runs all the "Bump" effects.

I tried once to modify the settings for the effects, but i ended up making a mess of it :) I now just add the desired effects to each device and leave the default settings, and i am happy with the results.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Morgan....

Mahjik
04-06-2015, 14:59
As I previous said I already have Shared Memory turned on in Project Cars as I'm using one of the external display apps on my Nexus 6 and 7 (BTW sorta cool to be able to run two at once to get even more display space).

Any other ideas? While it's not keeping me from playing Cars it sure would be nice to get to use all my hardware and have an even more immersive setup.

-Ross

For SC3, change the "Wait on" to "Steam.exe" like my screenshot.

TrevorAustin
04-06-2015, 15:20
Hi Ross, sounds like it should be working from what you are saying.

The only pre-requisites should be the Shared Memory, which you have verified with the second screen app. Simvibe configured, which it is if it tests fine and works in other games, and the Game launcher bit in SimVibe. Only thing i can think of is maybe you are missing the PCARS64.exe from simvibe, which may be what Steam is launching if you have a 64bit system??

These are my settings from the profile included in SimVibe4, maybe just verify yours is the same, except for the path to steam.exe which will be system dependent.

If its not that, then I'm not sure what else it could be unfortunately.

Hope you get it going :)

That's how mine is set, now it's working:0 Originally I thought it was wrong and set it to the pcars64.exe. But setting it to steam with the correct identifier fixes it. The only other thing to change is the path to steam.exe if it is non standard, mine is in D:/.......steam.exe for example.

Have you also configured input controllers?

RossCarlson
01-07-2015, 01:51
For SC3, change the "Wait on" to "Steam.exe" like my screenshot.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Sorry I hadn't read one of your earlier replies and put in Steam.exe in wait for but that did it. Finally I once again have the shaker working and with my new Titan Z video card Project Cars just jumped up a huge level in term of realism!!!

Oh, BTW, THanks!! hehe

Conradio63
01-07-2015, 17:05
Hi

I have simvibe working with both chassis and extensions mode
The question I have is what effects are supported with Pcars - at the minute the only effect that seems to work is road bumps.

Is anyone having any more luck with other effects and any tips on dialing those effects in.

thanks guys
CT

Mahjik
01-07-2015, 17:11
Conradio63, which version of SC are using (3 or 4)?

Conradio63
02-07-2015, 08:08
Conradio63, which version of SC are using (3 or 4)?

I'm using version 4

Xionax
27-07-2015, 11:14
Yesterday i've taken the plunge and bought Simvibe version 3 software from SimXperiance. Sadly i'm still running into problems configuring it for ProjectCars.

Setup:
- I've got a standard buttkicker
- I've got a USB headset with its own sound card which I always use for playing the game
- I've got a onboard Soundblaster Ciname 2 soundcard
- Sound card is connected to the amp via the line out.

Windows:
Configured the sound card as being Quadraphonic. If I read the manual correctly the seat buttkicker should be configured on the left channel. Because I don't have a separate connection for Front left and Front Right speakers i've connected it to the line out connection. When testing it in the Windows configuration screen the buttkicker reacties when clicking on the left front speaker and the right front speaker.

SimVibe:
Configured Simvibe in extended mode with the Seat kicker enabled.
When I click on the speaker icon in Simvibe the buttkicker vibrates.

Engine vibration, Road bumps, Gear change, Impact and Road Texture are all enabled in Simvibe for the Pcars profile.
Still using Sim Commander 3 because somehow version 4 doesn't show up yet on the order detail page.

Project Cars
In PCars I've enabled the shared memory option so that should be all right?
Although I think this should work it still doesn't. Somehow I did something wrong but I really don't know what.

Do you guys have any idea?

kwild
27-07-2015, 11:56
First of all upgrade to Sim Vibe 4 the version 3 it's no more developed.
Ask the developer for the upgrade,it's free.

TrevorAustin
27-07-2015, 12:06
Have you tested the connection to your speaker, and when you launch the game what does the sim vibe screenshow?

Xionax
27-07-2015, 12:47
First of all upgrade to Sim Vibe 4 the version 3 it's no more developed.
Ask the developer for the upgrade,it's free.

I would if I could but the software can not be downloaded. Its not on de order detail page :(

Mattman
27-07-2015, 12:47
Simvibe 4, get it , problem solved.

TrevorAustin
27-07-2015, 12:51
I would if I could but the software can not be downloaded. Its not on de order detail page :(

Are you sure, I thought that, but it was the zero cost line.

And you missed my questions:)

But one is answered, so when you launch Project Cars, does it say game running or waiting for game? Alt tab out to check if on single monitor. You may have got it to connect to the wrong executable if Steam isn't in the default location.

Xionax
27-07-2015, 12:53
Are you sure, I thought that, but it was the zero cost line.

And you missed my questions:)

Needed some time to make screenshots :-)

Have you tested the connection to your speaker, and when you launch the game what does the sim vibe screenshow?

Yeah I tested the cable and that seems to work. When launching the game I have to do ALT+TAB when de Mad Studio logo appears. Only then it will resumes loading. Strange thing with that is: if I press ALT+TAB it skips to somewhere in the middle of the startup trailer depending on when i'm hitting ALT+TAB. It feels like on start there are 2 Windows. One on the background that resumes and another Window that stalls with the Mad Studios logo. With ALT+TAB I then switch to the active Window which was running on the background which explains why I see the startup trailer running.

Mahjik
27-07-2015, 13:30
For SC3, check my screenshot earlier in this thread:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22099-Sim-Commander-4-Simvibe-Buttkicker&p=966254&viewfull=1#post966254

Xionax
27-07-2015, 13:47
.... solved! it was pCARS64.exe instead of pCARS.exe

TrevorAustin
27-07-2015, 14:05
.... solved! it was pCARS64.exe instead of pCARS.exe

Haha, exactly what I was going to say seeing that "waiting for game to start" screen. The default executable for P Cars is the 64 bit one on a 64 bit system, Whereas sim commnder 3 defaults to pcars.exe.

Xionax
27-07-2015, 15:09
Haha, exactly what I was going to say seeing that "waiting for game to start" screen. The default executable for P Cars is the 64 bit one on a 64 bit system, Whereas sim commnder 3 defaults to pcars.exe.

Thanks a lot guys. It took me a whole day to figure this out.
Still waiting for simxperience to explain to me why I can't download Sim Commander 4 yet.
Not sure if that really makes any difference though.

By the way: is it normal that you sometime can hear the game sounds thru the buttkicker?

TrevorAustin
27-07-2015, 15:24
Thanks a lot guys. It took me a whole day to figure this out.
Still waiting for simxperience to explain to me why I can't download Sim Commander 4 yet.
Not sure if that really makes any difference though.

By the way: is it normal that you sometime can hear the game sounds thru the buttkicker?

Are you sure you can't?

Click on the order details for the paypal line, if you paid by paypal of course, or the zero cost line, it's in there.

And yes it is, one of the reason I went for the reckhorns instead of the buttkicker, you are feeding full frequency to it, not just bass.

Xionax
28-07-2015, 07:23
Are you sure you can't?

Click on the order details for the paypal line, if you paid by paypal of course, or the zero cost line, it's in there.

And yes it is, one of the reason I went for the reckhorns instead of the buttkicker, you are feeding full frequency to it, not just bass.

I was sure. Yesterday the guys from simxperience added it manually to my account and now I can see it.

francedesa
04-08-2015, 10:31
I pcars with 4 sim commander does not work what should I do help
thank you all

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 11:01
It works fine.
How have you set it up.

Most often problems are;
Not enabled shared memory in P cars
Not chosen the right sound card in sim commander or not restarted after choosing it.

What part doesn't work, do the tests work in sim commander and other games are ok, just not Pcars? if it is that then you probably need to change the "wait on" from pcars.exe to pcars64.exe. More info please?

ctd
04-08-2015, 12:27
Sry if this is answered already, but does it (i.e. simcomander 3 or 4) work with w10?

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 13:22
No reason to think it doesn't but will know for sure in the next few days:)

francedesa
04-08-2015, 13:51
I installed everything from scratch .where I find the command shared memory? Race trim works fine, it states that everything is installed on Windows 7 64bit

francedesa
04-08-2015, 13:53
If you tell me where the screens make the changes I feel so let's see if it works ..I am going crazy

francedesa
04-08-2015, 13:55
assetto corsa It works fine with only the installation ..

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 13:56
If you tell me where the screens make the changes I feel so let's see if it works ..I am going crazy

Strangely it is under Project cars settings/visual/hardware

But first have you checked the test tone in sim commander works OK?

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 13:56
assetto corsa It works fine with only the installation ..

OK, if that works then it is probably the shared memory setting is all that is wrong.

francedesa
04-08-2015, 13:59
Now I try to tone ..

francedesa
04-08-2015, 14:05
It works ok !!!! thanks so much you have been kind

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 14:13
It works ok !!!! thanks so much you have been kind

Excellent, enjoy :)

Qxs
14-08-2016, 15:31
Can simvibe be run from a second PC and access the data on the pCars PC?
I could not find a udp app that would perform this function...

Mahjik
16-08-2016, 13:13
Can simvibe be run from a second PC and access the data on the pCars PC?
I could not find a udp app that would perform this function...

No. It uses shared memory so it must be run on the same PC as the one running pCARS.

Buster0083
19-08-2016, 11:37
I'm noticing a substantial frames per second drop by using SimVibe to power transducers. I haven't played in quite some time, I just changed my DK2 for a CV1. I never encountered any change in FPS with DK2/Simvibe over a couple of hardware configurations, however while it sits happily above 90FPS with SimVibe running in background but not attached to the game, it goes down as low as 30FPS with it running attached. Turning off Shared Virtual Memory kills the transducers but maintains the FPS loss.

Has anyone seen anything similar or have any suggestions?

kidcurry
20-09-2016, 23:18
How to launch for Sim Commander 4 with Vr? Cannot find it by search.

RaceNut
23-09-2016, 21:37
How to launch for Sim Commander 4 with Vr? Cannot find it by search.

What other users have come up with is removing the preset parameters for the Project CARS (Steam) plugin (the bit about -applaunch 234630 -silent) and then selecting to run Project Cars in other VR mode manually in the steam library.

Now, if you input "steam://launch/234630/othervr -silent" in the Parameters field, pCars should run direct to Oculus mode without additional popups.