PDA

View Full Version : Game quits to Xbox Dashboard

ViZiONEER
08-05-2015, 07:31
Played the game about two hours ago.

Just wanted to do a relaxing quick singleplayer race before going to work.
10 laps on Monza short with my Thrustmaster TX.

All was going fine until corner 1 - game quits
Restarting the game - doing the same race until the finish line - game quits on crossing the finish line
Restarting the game - pedals don't work, i shiftet to gear one, but the pedals didn't respond
Restarting race - same
Restarting the game - quits on entering corner #3 in the first lap
And to put some salt on top : restarting the game - engine blew in lap 8 (yes i can configure that, but at that moment it was really annoying)
And now i am at work.

I read on FB that the issue that the game quits to the dashboard was noticed by some other players also.

I hope ther is a quick solution for that.

Thanks in advance.

Seps1974
08-05-2015, 09:05
It has happened to me a few times too.

ViZiONEER
09-05-2015, 19:28
My Digital Version shows 18.5 GB of disk space usage, so the title update is applied for sure.
Right now i launched the game, and watched a saved replay. It threw me back on the XB1 dashboard again after half a lap.
Please devs take this seroius.
Unfortunately I can't find this issue on the sticky post by the mods. :-(

Ade1973
09-05-2015, 20:03
I am disgusted at the lack of quality control on this game! . Repeatedly it quits to xbox home so basically its broken. If i purchase any item in the UK which is broken i am entitled to a refund and so i aim to find out where i stand on faulty software. 42.00 down the drain. Why would i risk struggling with the difficulty of this game just for it to quit out on me just before i cross the line.
Ive totally lost faith in everyone associated with this game on console.

ViZiONEER
10-05-2015, 20:56
Yes. I am also frustrated on doing some races several times just to can file it under completed. Just imagine this happens to you in an endourance race. . .
I feel ok with some of the other bugs although I don't understand how they even can exist after that long period of time. Quality control team ... you failed in the most epic way possible.
And that frequent quitting also pulls on my motivation. I think I go back to Forza and the upcoming F1 '15.
Since no dev/mod is replying on this topic I am afraid it is not that important to throw some official lines, or SMS just has no clue why it happens and how to fix it.

ViZiONEER
18-05-2015, 18:26
i just read on another thread that people have this with a combo of pagani huayra (maybe also zonda) and short/long monza. can anyone confirm or add to this?

iambence17
20-05-2015, 20:00
i just read on another thread that people have this with a combo of pagani huayra (maybe also zonda) and short/long monza. can anyone confirm or add to this?
I can confirm it!

Krylon Blue
21-05-2015, 02:07
I was just finishing up a 30 minute race on Watkins Glenn with an LMP1 car. With 1 minute and 30 seconds left in the race, the game froze but all car sounds and collisions continued. Then a buzzing noise happened followed by a complete console reboot.

Its frustrating because I spent nearly 30 minutes racing and all of my progress was lost. A short race wouldn't be so bad.

ViZiONEER
21-05-2015, 07:15
Seems to be another issue Krylon Blue. In my case there is no freeze and/or continuous sound playback at all... Just BAM! -> Dashboard

Im Sorry
21-05-2015, 09:49
Has happened to me a few times on various tracks with different cars.Gets frustrating.:mad:

Im Sorry
21-05-2015, 09:50
Must add.Doing a hard reset solves it for a while!

Bruno Alexandre
21-05-2015, 09:50
We're aware of this situation, we suspect it's related to a specific livery that the Huayra has. A fix is being worked on.

Sonic6L
21-05-2015, 09:51
I mainly get this on Monza with the Zonda in career mode. Therefore the game is now broken for me and I cannot play career mode. The Huayra I drive is matte grey, not given by choice.

Hard reset doesn't work.
Game on internal or external hard drive, doesn't make a difference.
Power off for a period of time and then back on, doesn't work.
Nothing works.

Crazy Dave 87
21-05-2015, 09:52

Confirmed same here short race on monza with the pagana huara first corner game stops and xbox1 go's to
dashboard

Bruno Alexandre
22-05-2015, 09:49
The livery in question that we suspect to be causing it, is a carbon livery from the Pagani Huayra.

roist1
05-06-2015, 06:53
I get a crash to Xbox1 home screen EVERY time I leave the pits; NO matter which car, track OR game mode. Even returned the disc for a new one. Also installed the latest update. Basically, my PCARS is UNPLAYABLE! I'm using the $99 dollar Thrustmaster which is completely incompatible with the game options screen! This is sort of an outrage since this non-FFB wheel is the only one on the market under $200.

Robhd
05-06-2015, 07:06
Yes, this has happened. To me in career mode and their is afix coming in the latest patch

yurmom1337
06-06-2015, 21:00
Has happened to me a few times on various tracks with different cars.Gets frustrating.:mad:
Digital version of Project cars.......
same issue as others mentioned here.
Practice was fine,
Qaulifying went good.
then I started to watch the reply of my qualify laps and Bam, The game restarted to the xbox1 dashboard.
lost the saved qualify time
tried to requalify and game restarted again while leaving the pits ,
Once back in the game i simmed to the race thinking qualifing was broken, no dice.
and the race startes and the game crashes at the first turn.
tried 3 separate times and no cookie,
the game is unplayable, sux since i have had the game 6 days
all other digital versions of my games play great, this is a first ever in 9 years of xbox live that i canrt play a game completly,
at first i thought that microsoft not having thier hands in the dame was a blessing, but i may be a curse .
the gane data with out the DLC reads 18.1GB.
where is this mysterious patch that bringss the game data to 18.5?
Had the game originally saved to an external drive the first crashedm moved it to the XB1 interneal drive and still crashes 4 times .
maybe i should reinstall.

Dynomight Motorsports
07-06-2015, 04:35
It was real bad after the last Patch, 1.3 but its gotten a little better. Now I'm having the issue trying to view replay's. I've got a 114 min replay that will only play 8 mins then dashboards the whole game. :mad:

roist1
09-06-2015, 05:44
I think it's the Thrustmaster Spider. I can play with the controller. Wheel crashes the game! Tried switching to wheel from within a successful race launch> quit> switch> crash!
***Resolved****