PDA

View Full Version : Issues, problems, dislikes, improvements etc etc

Ruitjerru
08-05-2015, 07:33
Played the game on my PS4 for almost 6 hours yesterday.
Unfortunately I must say I am really disappointed
Why?

1. Stupid mandatory Pit stop on longer races. Even if I set my pit strategy to the lowest level of refuelling and no tire changes the game still changes the tires, resulting in me coming out of the pit behind others even when I go in with a 6-7 sec lead on nr 2.
Resulting in losing at least 6-7 places. Not once but every race.
No indication on how long the pit stop is taking during a race, you only see a guy in front of the car and hear the tires being changed, you just have to sit and wait upto 30 secs. STUPID, BORING, ANNOYING, Pissing me off.

2. Career mode, you have to pick a session without much or no details what it is about. I initially picked GT5.
Only to find out i need to finish it completely before being able to switch. Completely means 5 qualifying sessions, 5 short races and 5 long races with these annoying stupid mandatory Pitstops and all with the same car.
BORING
Once you can finally pick a new session the same shit happens, 1 car only and at least 15 races.

Also very annoying you start in the pit and have to drive 1 lap before qualifying starts, another 2-3 minutes wasted.
Please change this set up completely.

I want to be able to switch from 1 session to the next and no pit stops!!!!.

3. In 4 of the 10 races in 1 session the throttle doesnot work at the start, then suddenly after 10 but up to 20 seconds it suddenly does. Of course no way to win in a 2 laps race.
In some cases i restarted the race up to 5 times without any improvement. The only thing that did help was leaving the session all together, go online and then switch back.
Next race same shit, car is on the grid but throttle doesnot work, when i hit the brakes the lights flash up so steering wheel is working.

4. The whole game lacks the driving experience from Driveclub.
It feels like braking and steering assistance are on full even if switched off completely. 90-135 degree turns are almost just as easy as easy turns even at full speed.
Sometimes the car is skidding of track without any advance feeling to it, it just happens. And it doesnot help to counter steer, brake or whatever it just keeps sliding.
Using the handbrake doesnot result in drifting even 1 bit.
Curbstones do not feel any different from driving on the tarmac, very strange.
If someone slams into you in online racing it feels as if the steering wheel blocks and no matter what I do the car just keeps going straight until it hits a wall.
Reset and only then can you resume racing.
So no counter steering oppurtunities + I saw or noticed no penalties for the guys slamming into me.

5. I use the T300 steering wheel. When I want to change the controller setting it keeps saying not all options are picked.
How can it be, there are more options than buttons on the wheel & some options I donot need like manual shifting If i set the thing for automatic shifting.
It doesnot specify which options are not picked.
Leaving this controller setting screen isnot possible because the remark keeps popping up, you have to go to options again, pick something else and only then can you leave the options menu.

6. The pit commentator uses the speaker on the PS4 controller, even when I have my headset on and using the T300 steering wheel.
I cannot find how to change that, probably because it cannot be done.

7. Settings for the controller or steering wheel are almost unlimited but apart from a few things no explanation what each setting does or how changing it results in the car handling.

So all in all again a disappointing game with a lot of mandatory shit which i find all the more annoying because it is advertised as the ultimate driving experience with lots of options.

I hope the next update fixes a lot of the above.

slovoflud
08-05-2015, 08:10
...with a lot of mandatory shit which i find all the more annoying because it is advertised as the ultimate driving experience..

Well, yeah, pitting is mandatory in real racing. By the sound of it you were looking for an arcade racing game, where you can just jump in and race. Like Driveclub. pCARS is different. All the 'manadatory shit' as you call it, appeals to me more, for example.

AWK
08-05-2015, 08:12
Yeah they put all the focus on physics, graphics and sound, and missed all the little but CRUCIAL things.

Arends1989
08-05-2015, 08:18
Hi Guys!

Love the game so far! Got some feature requests:

- A view of the track in the selection menu
- Livery selection
- Change vehicle class in the multiplayer lobby
- Possibility to continue faster after a practice, qualifying session or race (when all vehicles have passed the finish)
- Possibility to switch the pit talk from the controller speaker to the tv output
- Can you please add metric units? Everything is in MPH now
- Possibility to set up a championship of multiple races to play online

danowat
08-05-2015, 08:21
- Livery selection
- Can you please add metric units? Everything is in MPH now

These are already in the game.

ironik
08-05-2015, 08:27
1/ tires changing IS mandatory in many categories.
Maybe you have a lot of damages or you ask for too much fuel?

2/ you need to win one or two races. Then you'll have some invitations that brake the "monotony"

4/ This is your opinion. I have different one ;)

Please watch your language next time :)

evanzo7
08-05-2015, 08:45
4. The whole game lacks the driving experience from Driveclub.

I was taking you seriously until this point! Driveclub, pah, what a crock of sh*t!

Anyway, despite that ridiculous comment I have also come across a few flaws!
The main flaw I've found so far is on the Zolder circuit when you exit the pits in practise. The car glitches and will either spin out and crash into the pit wall, thus not being able to move, the car on occasions will flip and land on its roof. This is all while in the auto drive mode.

The other issue I have is with the replays. It seems like there has been no attempt made with them what so ever. There is no variation in the cameras at each section of the track, lap after lap you get the same camera which is shocking to say the least!
Even old PS1 and 2 games have more camera variation!
As well as that there is plenty of bugs as well, the cuts between different angles are really jumpy, the sound is off on the AI cars and some cars seem to jump about the place

A final issue I have found is when using my T300 online. On 3-4 occasions the online lobby has gone to practise before the race. My wheel goes very solid and turns 45 degress to the left and stays very solid at that angle! When leaving the pits the car obviously turns left and i have to fight it to make it go straight, its like driving a nascar!
Now at the time my Dualshock was also connected but I used that to scroll the menus easier and i didn't have an issue for an hour or so then this just started to happen!

Just an additional thing:
When online it would be nice to change the livery when you select from the selection of cars given rather than having to go all the way into the garage section, find the class, then find the car to then find the livery. It is a bit of a chore especially when in online lobbies there is no guarantee of time to go and do all this.

I rate this game highly but there is a lot of bugs to iron out!

Lt Magiclegs
08-05-2015, 09:22
Yeah they put all the focus on physics, graphics and sound, and missed all the little but CRUCIAL things.

Physics are bad, graphics arnt that good and sound drops out when you brake and when you go off the line A I are the worst

AWK
08-05-2015, 10:43
Physics are bad, graphics arnt that good and sound drops out when you brake and when you go off the line A I are the worst
Physics are not bad. They're not ultra realistic but it's a good effort for a sim.

evanzo7
08-05-2015, 12:25

The physics are far from bad, for a Console game this is the best that I have come across yet. Yes on PC it gets beat by iracing etc but from a console point of view you'll be hard pushed to find a better handling game!

iv-tecman
08-05-2015, 13:07

To be fair, game has plenty of issues but its physics for a console racer are pretty good. A gt3 car behaves much differently to a road ford focus. A ford focus on a track would be tricky to handle and steer , and in project cars its the same, yet a gt3 car that has traction control and abs for real is actually easier to handle then a road focus , but hard to master and drive quickly.. All if this is true in the game.

Ps4 graphics are vrth good until you get to replay mode where it has awful performance and some weird smudge looked textures that also tear, but ingsme. Cockpit helmet cam, very good looking.

The sound is excellent... Not heard it cut out, car music for sure..

Nope, game has lots of issues but these are not it's issues... Far from it..

hkraft300
08-05-2015, 13:34
Awesome game and totally worth the year long wait! Big thanks and well done to the whole pCars team.

Remember this was pretty much a crowd-funded (and partly crowd-developed too, right?) project. Considering Microsoft/Polyphony's multi-million dollar budgets and their claims for being sims (and quality of gameplay/content), they fail spectacularly next to pCars.

Yes, the game has its issues - they're being fixed and improved.

This game doesn't deserve half the criticism I've seen on these forums - seems many were expecting more Need for Speed than next-gen racing SIMULATION.

Anyway, a little idea for improvement:-

The HUD tire info that displays green (default bottom right corner) for warm tires or blue for cold... maybe throw some orange in there for over-heated and red for blown/worn out? disappear or go black if the wheel/tire has come off completely (yes, it has happened to me already)?

I'm still learning my way around the telemetry HUD screen!

GHR Gynoug79
08-05-2015, 14:33
Love the game (PS4 Version) so far but came across some little issue:

- Would like to have an indicator if abs and tcs is enabled or not
- Would like to be able to map the functions which wont fit on the wheel to a controller or better to a bluetooth keyboard
- When tuning the car before starting a race at Oulton Park (Clio Cup) the brakes wont engage and depending on your grid position you will roll down the hill and get a drive through penalty
- When trying to create more than three pit strategy the virtual keyboard won't come up (Clio Cup Oulton Park Race)
- The gearshift sound with autoclutch enabled in the Clio Cup car is not working as intended i believe. Most of the gearshifts will sound off compared to when i override the autoclutch with a pedal press on the clutch.
- T500rs is glitching out a bit to often but you are already aware...
- Online Lobby chat is a bit rough (sound quality)

Equation
08-05-2015, 15:45
If you made setup cockpitwheel /driver off, then when you drive Formula A, you can see wheel and it doen't move.

Good Times
09-05-2015, 03:34
I'm getting no engine noise for at least 2 of the cars; one of the Lotus cars, and the first Atom. Really strange.

ivan-hoe78
09-05-2015, 09:13
Sometimes the car is skidding of track without any advance feeling to it, it just happens. And it doesnot help to counter steer, brake or whatever it just keeps sliding.
Curbstones do not feel any different from driving on the tarmac, very strange.

Same here. I'm not tested all the cars, only few. Ford Sierra Cosworth and Ford Capri Zackspeed for example. I don't feel the loose of the car on the wheel, and counter steer doesn't saves the spin. Maybe this is the way to be realistic? (I've played some hardcore sims on PC, but not too much, only a few hours, and don't remember if the cars spins out by the same way withuout feeling it.)

I don't feel the pianos ("curbstones") too much on the wheel too, practically nothing. I have a T300 GTE wheel. The Force Feedback in game at 60 per cent.

Love the game (PS4 Version) so far but came across some little issue:

- Would like to have an indicator if abs and tcs is enabled or not
- Would like to be able to map the functions which wont fit on the wheel to a controller or better to a bluetooth keyboard

This will be really useful. Especially map the functions on a (bluetooth or not) keyboard. I have one I'm using with War Thunder, and it works good!

Hope my english was understandable. Regards.

evanzo7
09-05-2015, 09:25
Same here. I'm not tested all the cars, only few. Ford Sierra Cosworth and Ford Capri Zackspeed for example. I don't feel the loose of the car on the wheel, and counter steer doesn't saves the spin. Maybe this is the way to be realistic? (I've played some hardcore sims on PC, but not too much, only a few hours, and don't remember if the cars spins out by the same way withuout feeling it.)

Those mentioned cars are difficult cars to drive anyway, you get a lot of wheelspin and oversteer on exit.
You have to adapt your style to these cars otherwise they will bite, the Capri more so than the Sierra!

In Ruitjerru's comment it sounds like he is more used to arcade games rather than a sim style game.
In this game all the cars handle different and YOU have to adapt to them.

(This isn't aimed at you Ivan, this is just a general comment for people that complain about how the cars react).
People have to understand that although this is a game, it's aim was to replicate real life, and in real life these cars are super tough to drive.
Now I've never driven a racing spec Sierra or Capri, I've driven slower spec racing cars which themselves took some fighting to keep on the black stuff so I can only imagine how difficult these other cars are to drive. All you have to do as well is look on YouTube for race highlights and on-boards of real races to see how much the drivers endure in these cars.
You can't just pick up this game and go hell for leather, you have to take a more measured approach!

ivan-hoe78
09-05-2015, 11:03
Those mentioned cars are difficult cars to drive anyway, you get a lot of wheelspin and oversteer on exit.
You have to adapt your style to these cars otherwise they will bite, the Capri more so than the Sierra!

I know every car is feeling and drive different. And is beatiful feeling that on cars in this game. Yes, the Capri is a beast. Im racing in games for years, most on Playstation because my PC is not high end, but love the sims over any other racing game. But I'm not an expert on knowledge about simulation, that's the point about my experience and question with this cars. The 90 per cent of the time I'm driving those cars, I'm make it inside the track, but when loose it is difficult to save the spin. In any case, is just so fun!

I hate Driveclub. I bouhgt it for the hype of Project Cars. In a few times it was fun and enjoyable, but the most gameplay pisses me off. The best without any doubt are the beauty of the graphics.

Regards.

hkraft300
10-05-2015, 18:53
Has anyone noticed that when you spin and hit reset - you're returned, not just on track, but RIGHT ON THE RACING LINE!

I know I've annoyed some online racers when I've spun my car, then just when I hit reset, the next car comes flying around the corner and BANG!

ivan-hoe78
13-05-2015, 21:30
Has anyone noticed that when you spin and hit reset - you're returned, not just on track, but RIGHT ON THE RACING LINE!

I know I've annoyed some online racers when I've spun my car, then just when I hit reset, the next car comes flying around the corner and BANG!

You can deactivate that option. It could be really annoying for you and other racers on online. I play without this, and if I loose my car and leave the track, I need to driving it again to the asphalt. The most difficult is not stall the car. With the road cars it's easy, but with race cars the clutch is a bit sensitive. I need to pull up the revs a lot.

I play with manual clutch.

Hope it helps. Regards.

Hungrypiemonger
14-05-2015, 19:25
I think in regards to 4 and 5, maybe you need to recalibrate you're wheel. I am using xbox one and the italia wheel and while that's not even the same system, I'll tell you what you really gotta turn the wheel to make even a 75 degree turn at speed in any of the standard factory cars or older race cars.

IndianCowboy
07-10-2015, 10:53
Good Day.

This is to the PROJECT CARS developers!!!! whoever you are, you are held accountable for the GOOD & BAD.

My equipment : PS4 , LOGITECH G29 & FORCE SHIFTER, LED 50'', 5.1 DTS/DOLBY DIGITAL AUDIO, DINING TABLE AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE DINING CHAIR (proper racing rig otw).

AI DIFFICULTY SET 100%.
ZERO ASSISTANCE (you don't learn anything with full/half or whatever assistance. To be the best or at least really good you need to mingle with the best or else die like the rest).

My name is Brian from Malaysia and I have been racing (or attempted racing and I will tell you in a moment as to why I used the word 'attempted') Project Cars offline since August 2015 and my comments concerning the graphics, engine sounds, weather effects, lighting, tuning possibilities etc.. are simply wonderful and entertaining just like what we have all read in the reviews online. I have never experienced simulated racing ever before in my entire life on PC as well on console and I'm pretty glued to it since August 2015. These are complements.

Now comes the shitty part which has been a major pain and tremendous frustration to me..and yes you guessed it correctly, THE AI OF PROJECT CARS!!!!! You wont believe the amount of swearing and cursing I have done in front of my LED screen concerning the screwed up behavior of the AI cars. Now this has made it almost impossible to race. Recently I have been extremely focused and have been practicing for hours & hours on the Nordschleife Nurburgring track with the LOTUS 98T. The only other track I have raced b4 on Pcars is DONINGTON GP track with Formula A cars. I'm not one that jumps from track to track, change cars continuously but rather stick with one track, one car and master it to the best of my ability and get good race results b4 moving on to other tracks.

Now moving on with the AI's, its been extremely frustrating to the point that I wanted to write really nasty things in here and be as rude as possible to the developer because the AI is seriously killing the joy that I have with Pcars but I will reserve my full on emotions on this and be more 'gentleman' about it. I hope you can understand my feelings because I'm a racer and most probably so are you who are reading this. Money has been spent on the game, steering wheel/pedals, the long hours invested in the game and its impossible to race when the freaking AI cars are crashing into you from behind or they breaking too early in a corner you end up crashing/knocking into them and that disrupts the whole blady game. I'm sure you guys already know that even a slight hit from the back or front will change the cars aerodynamics/down force quite significantly and the whole damm race is screwed or steering goes off centered and thats the end of it.

Despite many previous software updates and the recent 4.0 update, I'm still suffering with the freaking AI's. There are other quirks that I have experienced personally but the AI is the single biggest problem now. I'm gonna share my most recent experience on the Nordschleife last night and this has even happened before at Donington GP track. I usually go for a 21 car race (22 including mine). Qualifying sessions first. I come up last after qualifying session but the weird thing is I'm on 8th position on the grid for the actual race. I dread to be on the 8th position or anywhere in between coz I already know whats gonna happen. Just immediately after the light turns green, I get going and the freaking AI cars (a minimum of 1 at least) will crash into me from behind. Those who have raced on the Nordschleife know that this is a very tight first corner from the starting position, and the AI dont give a shit whether you are there or not...they just go for it w/o knowing the consequences of doing so. The right thing to do is to overtake safely. The best part is my car is damaged of course..but the AI freaking car that hit me from behind can still continue to race!!!! what bladdy crap is this please!!! This is not the reason why I had spent so much money for my equipment. In the best scenario, I do make it to the first corner, and a bunch of AI cars have crashed into each other and I slow down and overtake the crash scene..but I end up getting bludgeoned from an AI car behind. I restart the session more than 10 freaking times and its the same shit. No matter what I do, I get hit from behind. I shout and curse and nag to my wife on this blady stupid thing as to how can this be possible even after several patches. and what about AI cars cutting into corners?? do their track time become invalidated same as how when we cut the track?? Do all the rules that apply to us goes the same with the AI cars?? How is it the that the AI cars can speed like race speed on the outlap when the tyres have not even warmed up yet?? I need to warm up my tyres during the warm up session but it seems that the AI cars are exempted from this!! and recently PCARS have been hanging up quite frequently on me and I have to restart the whole damm thing from start. How can there be sooo many issues for a launched product is just beyond me!! Didn't you guys face all this shit during development stage?? of course you did right? Why is this shit happening despite so many software updates? What the hell is going on? How on earth am I gonna enjoy this lovely simulator with all this shit ?????

Can someone/ or a team of 'someones' whose accountable for all this respond accordingly to all this questions asked above. These are serious issue. I dont care if one or two trees are missing from the track or the clouds above are not of the right shape.. but I do care of all that has been asked above for your kind and immediate response. I/we cannot progress further if this crap keeps going on like this.

And one more thing, there is a record of the recent large update 4.0 (3.8 GIGZ plus) in my notifications folder on my PS4 home screen. Under normal circumstances, all history on updates can be seen but I only see the most recent 4.0 update. What happen to all the other updates that was released by SMS?? There's not a single record of those previous updates on my PS4.

Please help with all these questions. I want to enjoy PROJECT CARS..NOT DESTROY IT.

Regards,

Brian

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-10-2015, 11:57
.....I shout and curse and nag to my wife on this blady stupid thing.....

This may be irrefutable proof of parallel universes actually existing... should we notify Stephen Hawking?

IndianCowboy
08-10-2015, 03:47
Hahahah...Well its just me and my wife back home...so she knows how frustrated I have been (its audible) with the AI. Stephen Hawking is not the developer of Pcars man. Since you opened your big mouth about SH :-) , perhaps you might have some universal truths concerning Pcars AI. But you are not the developer are you ? I need this issues to be answered by SMS. SMS PLEASE RESPOND!!!!

hkraft300
08-10-2015, 04:19
The AI are using a different (simplified) physics/tire model. That said they also suffer damage but in a different way.
Is it possible you are braking too early and getting hit? Because that's also what would happen as per real life. It's a miracle what happened to Raikkonen at the Monza GP this year didn't end in a mass pile-up and multiple cars destroyed and injured drivers. I'm not good enough to race the AI at 100% at every category (I can smash them in karts and Group 5 but LMP900 and road cars is a different story!). Maybe you should reduce the AI difficulty level and/or race with lower damage.
I'm not sure if you can grasp the difficulty of perfecting AI for every track/car combination in this game: pro race drivers have the same problem.

IndianCowboy
08-10-2015, 05:37
The AI are using a different (simplified) physics/tire model. That said they also suffer damage but in a different way.
Is it possible you are braking too early and getting hit? Because that's also what would happen as per real life. It's a miracle what happened to Raikkonen at the Monza GP this year didn't end in a mass pile-up and multiple cars destroyed and injured drivers. I'm not good enough to race the AI at 100% at every category (I can smash them in karts and Group 5 but LMP900 and road cars is a different story!). Maybe you should reduce the AI difficulty level and/or race with lower damage.
I'm not sure if you can grasp the difficulty of perfecting AI for every track/car combination in this game: pro race drivers have the same problem.

Hey man..thanks for taking the time out to respond. Based on my personal experience, I know I can keep up and in many cases I have overtaken the AI on the track. I noticed I'm faster than them on the straight, and I brake as late as I can before turning into the corner. The problem always happens when there's cars in front of me that break earlier and that also forces me to brake early as well or else I'll definitely crash into them. In doing so, the AI car behind in most cases crash into me because I have slowed down. My damage settings is at 'FULL' because I want this to be as realistic as possible and I don't want short cuts to make things easier. Initially, when I got into the game the AI was at 50% only, then I realized I was much faster into the corner and they break way to early which has a big impact on me coz I need to break early as well to avoid any accidents. So it went up to 80% and shortly after that I decided to go full 100%. I realized if I'm gona be good at this, I have to go full force. I ain't gonna be proud if I got to be champion with all these driving assistance 'ON', minimum damaged, and the AI set at a lower level. It just doesn't feel honest at all. The same goes with other games, I never play on EASY mode. Its always NORMAL OR HARD mode. One can never improve on one's game if one sticks to the beginner's mode. I like to learn all I can starting on a difficult level. I will definitely learn much more and progress much better.

Btw, as I mentioned in my original post, I have only seriously raced with FORMULA A cars and LOTUS 98T cause these two are the fastest cars on PCARS, correct me if I'm wrong about that. and their handling and speed into the corners are way superior than the other cars. The downforce they have at high speeds is just amazing. My fav is the LOTUS 98T. That car is a beast. A very difficult car to drive when you're getting into it initially because of the turbochargers. Massive!!.

hkraft300
08-10-2015, 08:22
The Lotus 98T is my favourite too, but I dare say the LMP1 cars are just as quick in terms of lap times.
My most intense racing experience yet has been a stranger in a public lobby of the same pace as me doing 2 lap sprints with no assists and full damage at the Green Hell in the Lotus 98T. Proper heart attack stuff. We kept finishing within 3 seconds of each other every race.
It's good you endeavour to throw yourself in the deep end - it's almost always the quickest way to learn and get better. Sink or swim, my friend.
I understand you want the realism, so racing incidents do happen. Be wary of slamming the brakes at the Nordschleife or any track when you're racing in a tight field.
We are yet a long way from having AI to the level we desire, because of code tech as well as hardware limitations.
We do have the option of 90-95% AI, mind ;)

IndianCowboy
09-10-2015, 02:35
Thanks man... I'll reduce the AI to 90-95% and see how it goes. Happy racing man! Just curious...how do we get a response from SMS the developer? It seems to me members in this forums are responding to other member. Isn't SMS responsible to respond to all this questions? I mean in all thread in general.

hkraft300
09-10-2015, 05:17
No, they have no responsibility or obligation to do so.
Sometimes they comment on things they are at liberty to discuss. You can understand they also have to follow company policy.
It's not really a matter of national security, or a benevolent conscience thing.
Besides, plenty of knowledgable and experienced members that are very helpful and sharing.

IndianCowboy
09-10-2015, 06:37
No, they have no responsibility or obligation to do so.
Sometimes they comment on things they are at liberty to discuss. You can understand they also have to follow company policy.
It's not really a matter of national security, or a benevolent conscience thing.
Besides, plenty of knowledgable and experienced members that are very helpful and sharing.

Well i don't know about their company policy man..but I know SMS is the software developer and who else do we go to concerning defects in the game? Major defects!. The other members in here can help with technical things, like car setups, FFB settings etc...etc... What can the members do when there is an inherent problem with the game itself? Don't you think this should be taken up by the developer SMS? I mentioned so many other things in my post which is a problem. For instance, I qualified last at the end of a qualifying session (22 cars) but I ended up in 8th position for the actual race!! How can this be? How about the thing I said about replay mode. At the end of one of the races, i wanted to view the entire race in replay mode...so I put it in replay and the funniest thing is only my car can be seen leaving the starting line, all the other 21 cars have not moved even a bit and their engines are not even 'ON'. I don't get it how can other members just like us help when the game is engineered by the developer?

Confused.

hkraft300
09-10-2015, 09:48
Replays are of a poor (read: bugged to s*) quality. That's a known issue.
The qualifying randomness is a bug since patch 4. Apparently the work around is to set a practice session, forward through it. Have a search of it I can't find the specific thread at the moment. Known issue.
Can't say whether they're being fixed, but they're no secret.
I suppose this is the way for us to help: give them feedback of bugs with as much detail as possible. Videos if possible. Conditions etc so they can repeat and pin point the issue.
Not much else to be done besides that.

Sankyo
09-10-2015, 09:53
If you made setup cockpitwheel /driver off, then when you drive Formula A, you can see wheel and it doen't move.
That's because the wheel has information on it, i.e. the car has no separate MOTEC display. It's a deliberate design choice so you don't miss info/telemetry.

Bealdor
09-10-2015, 10:03
Not sure if it's worth the effort to answer 5 months old questions Remco. ;)

Sankyo
09-10-2015, 10:21
Not sure if it's worth the effort to answer 5 months old questions Remco. ;)

Never too late to set things right :D

IndianCowboy
10-10-2015, 04:58
Replays are of a poor (read: bugged to s*) quality. That's a known issue.
The qualifying randomness is a bug since patch 4. Apparently the work around is to set a practice session, forward through it. Have a search of it I can't find the specific thread at the moment. Known issue.
Can't say whether they're being fixed, but they're no secret.
I suppose this is the way for us to help: give them feedback of bugs with as much detail as possible. Videos if possible. Conditions etc so they can repeat and pin point the issue.
Not much else to be done besides that.

HMM... I guess it is what it is then. Will just have to hope these things will be resolved soon. Anyway here's another thing I hope you can help me with since we are on the same platform, PS4. You do know that every time when there's a software update , it will show in the notifications folder on the home screen and you can even scroll through all the way down to view the software updates history. I bought Project Cars sometime early September and there's only one record showing the latest 4.0 update which was a pretty big file (3.8 GB plus) but what about all the previous patches coz I dont see any of these in the notifications folder. Does it mean those previous updates were not installed? Well I'm guessing it cant be right coz all this is done automatically when u load the game for the very first time. It should have updated all the previous patches when you turn the game on. for some reason I dont see any record of this so I'm really not sure if those previous updates prior to 4.0 has been installed on my system. Any ideas mate?

hkraft300
10-10-2015, 08:06
I have no idea or knowledge of how progressive updates work, and what happens to previous patches.

Is it partly the reason a fresh install stabilises the game: that somehow a later patch is conflicting with previous update?