PDA

View Full Version : Tire wear options

Fryto
08-05-2015, 07:51
It's awesome to have all these different options, but some of them might need some more explanation in-game because they're not quite clear.

One of them is the Tire Wear: Among the options you have 'Real' and 'x1'. What's the difference between both settings?
I'd assume that x1 means non-accelerated tire wear. But isn't that the same as 'Real' then...??

Enlighten me please :)

Max Kelly
08-05-2015, 09:56
Have you tried to do ten laps and see the difference?

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 10:00
I'm in the same situation. I assumed when it stated x1 or x10 that it was x10 faster than realtime, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I've been playing with all assists off, pro settings, with races lasting more than 30 minutes and honestly, I've noticed very little in the way of tyre wear. Fuel is degrading just fine, I actually ran out on the last lap which was a little amusing, but tyre wear seems to be quite slow on it's real setting.

It would be nice to see some better in-game descriptions of these settings. Like weather progression, tyre wear, fuel in pit strategies etc. They're a bit vague and don't tell you much. In the example of fuel, it's represented by a number, such as 600-2000. How am I supposed to know how much that is, or what measurement it's in? :I

Doc_Savage_NDMF
08-05-2015, 10:15
Fuel is always in Liters. Even if you have Imperial measurements on, it'll be in Liters.

Weather progression is a simple time based set up. If you think in terms of an hour being a base line it's pretty easy to figure out that 2x will mean condensed to 30 minutes. That's a real time 30 minutes having 60 minutes of weather IIRC.

Tire wear is based on real world stints. GT3 cars for example can run 45-60 minutes or longer at your average track. Soft tires generally run 1 stint with no issue, mediums can double stint easily depending on the track. In my experience tire wear is a bit on the forgiving side, as long as you can control the heat and keep tires at temp you're good. When you start noticing tire temps in the physics HUD spiking rapidly and tending to rest cooler than most of the run it's a sign there's a lot less rubber on the tires to hold the heat in; that's when you know they're truly worn. It's just like real life, you don't know how much rubber you have left until the tires come off the car.

Hope that helps some. Cheers..!
_

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 10:23
So for the weather, if the setting is set to x2, and you have four weather options available, will that cycle through all four in a case of thirty minutes? It doesn't say what the base-line time for this is. x1 could be an entire day, real-time? - Is it affected by the time-progression also? - Seems a little confusing to be honest. Could be a lot simpler.

dominiczeth
08-05-2015, 10:30
No. One slot is around 1 hour if i remember correct. So with 2x weather progression one slot lasts 30minutes.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 10:36
So for the weather, if the setting is set to x2, and you have four weather options available, will that cycle through all four in a case of thirty minutes? It doesn't say what the base-line time for this is. x1 could be an entire day, real-time? - Is it affected by the time-progression also? - Seems a little confusing to be honest. Could be a lot simpler.

If you want all the chosen weather slots to be used during the race, you can set the weather to "sync to race".

Scott1904
08-05-2015, 10:40
Where i can see the status of my tyre wear from my car?

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 10:43
You can't afaik. You have to feel it and watch the temps.

dominiczeth
08-05-2015, 10:43
Not ingame atm. You can see it with an external tool (is it already here?)

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 10:53
If you want all the chosen weather slots to be used during the race, you can set the weather to "sync to race".

For consoles, there is no option for this.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 10:58
For consoles, there is no option for this.

Are you sure you can't set the weather progression to "sync to race?

Sir Green Day
08-05-2015, 16:14
Wow, some people are easily offended.

You have a superior attitude, like you're thinking, "How stupid is he to ask such a question".

The game gives no explanation as to the various settings. A HUGE oversight, so don't act all indignant.

What a horrible community. Very entitled. Its too bad.

Martin03
14-06-2015, 02:04
I just want this confirmed before start race, does tire wear options work? Im doing a endurance series and planning to have the normal races 1hour long, so I then plan to take tire wear to X2 or something. But will that work properly for me and the AI in all classes in endurance? Read some people say it just works in Formula A...

mcarver2000
14-06-2015, 14:47
Can't say about Formula A, but it does in Formula B. However, I have only tested it with 2x tire wear. I've seen reports that if one get to aggressive with the tear wear level, it generally fails in that the AI abuse their tires before they get a chance to pit.

I just want this confirmed before start race, does tire wear options work? Im doing a endurance series and planning to have the normal races 1hour long, so I then plan to take tire wear to X2 or something. But will that work properly for me and the AI in all classes in endurance? Read some people say it just works in Formula A...