PDA

View Full Version : Community events cheaters

Mattias
08-05-2015, 07:51
I'm not sure where to post this but I'll try here.
Yesterday evening I saw two people in the thrustmaster competition community event with 23 seconds and 25 seconds times. While all others were on 1:47 or 1:46 as fastest.
I gave the event a go and it is really impossible to get those times...

How will cheaters be handled? Day 1 and already people cheating to win something.

The question then is, how would you know if someone just changed a few milliseconds to get first place by cheating?
Can we see ghosts? :)

Gordon
08-05-2015, 09:20
Regarding ghosts - not in the actual competition, but they are recorded (usually) and you can race against community event ghosts in 'time trial'.

If you want to see whats up with the strange times, I've already checked and those don't have a recorded ghost associated with them. Odd. Being investigated.

ricardo-reis
09-05-2015, 02:39
this is something that really bothers me.
i was starting to enjoy the time trials and ghosts as they are really helpful to memorize tracks and best routes, although i've noticed these really low times starting to get in every track. sucks!

although, it's not the only thing that bothers me on the time trials:
it would be nice to know in what conditions the ghosts that make it to the lists were done - weather, assists and so on.
i'm still playing with assists, and i don't think it's fair for the racers using no assists to be in the same scorecard as i am.
same goes for weather conditions, it's not possible to compete between clear and heavy rain.

Umer Ahmad
09-05-2015, 02:50
We're investigating all these stupidly low times. For many of them there is no ghost file so it's not a valid lap really.

Roman76
11-05-2015, 07:41
There is so many cheaters lol they do really crazy laps.
All community event are full of cheaters :grumpy:
All games have same problem for one stupid reason and that is super bad penalty system just like in any other game except one !!!
Is there any plan for good penalty system at all or this is it ?
:chargrined:

Yvezz
11-05-2015, 08:46
SMS needs to pay attention and deal with the cheaters.
Same thing happend with NFS Shift 1 & 2.

grester
11-05-2015, 08:57
Stop reviving the thread. This issue has already been pointed out numerous of times in many threads and as they replied they are aware of it. As long as they don't end up gifting those guys I'm fine with it.