PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Wheel settings reset every time i open the game

SunBro
08-05-2015, 08:13
Hey all, i wouldn't like my first post to be a bug report but here goes:

I'm on pc and i have a dfgt (with the standard pedals, if that matters) Every single change i've done is successfully saved and do not reset themselves. But the advanced settings at the very bottom(the ones with the lock) just reset themselves every single time. Every time i open the game, i have to go to settings and unlock them and turn them off by hand. Now the very first time i turned them off, the game said something like "are you sure you want to override" and i said yes. And that thing never popped up again. Yet, the advanced settings keep resetting. I have a special profile for pcars in logitech profiler. The game is allowed to adjust settings, ffb is set to 100 and degree is set to 900. Everything is off(i ******* hate dampering and center spring) so all is good on profiler side.

Excuse the long post for a seemingly tiny issue but i've written long because this is literally the only bug i've found in the game and it kind of...well...bugs me.(sorry for the pun)

Edit by Elmo: More reports from Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/app/234630/discussions/4/613957600530622276/)

Joeri Blootacker
08-05-2015, 08:47
Perhaps a silly remark, but did you try to run the game specifically as Admin and see if it saves it properly then ?

you can do that by going to the games installation folder, and select the Pcars.exe (or the Pcars64.exe if you are on a 64bit system)
right click on it and select properties
go to the compatibility tab, and make sure the "run this application as administrator" box is selected.

give it a try and let us know.

Siberian Tiger
08-05-2015, 08:48
Make sure that you Allow that the Game can Override your Gamecontroller or Logitechprofiler Options...

SunBro
08-05-2015, 10:28
Perhaps a silly remark, but did you try to run the game specifically as Admin and see if it saves it properly then ?

you can do that by going to the games installation folder, and select the Pcars.exe (or the Pcars64.exe if you are on a 64bit system)
right click on it and select properties
go to the compatibility tab, and make sure the "run this application as administrator" box is selected.

give it a try and let us know.

At work now, will try when home and report back

Make sure that you Allow that the Game can Override your Gamecontroller or Logitechprofiler Options...

I did, even before my first boot :) That's always the very first thing i do.

SunBro
08-05-2015, 17:05
Tried it as admin, tried ccleaner, tried 32 bit executable, tried 64 bit executable, tried to begin anew and reset the controls, re-did it, the pop up came out again and i thought "oh jolly, this will be it" ...a big ******* nope. Can someone tell me where my profile is? I'm gonna delete that sucker and begin again. (and yes i've verified game cache from within steam. twice)

Vantage9
09-05-2015, 18:22
Having the same issue; every time I restart pcars my controller edits are all back to default. I use a Fanatec GT3RS V2 with Clubsport pedals. I don't think it has to do with hardware, i think its a steam/or pcars issue.

BabaBooey
09-05-2015, 19:15
This is solved by leaving the wheel as whatever the game detects. ie. if you have a GT2 with sequential shifter and it thinks you have the old 911 wheel with H-shifter, just leave it on that and assign the buttons however you need them.

Ngray27
09-05-2015, 20:14
I am having huge troubles getting my controls to work with this game. It will automatically detect that I am using a Fanatec CSR with separate pedals instead of the combined I am using. the problem I am having is that when I race the throttle is always on. Which obviously makes racing impossible. Brake does little to slow the car down. This is after I have reassigned all control functions and calibrated pedals. The only way I can get my controls to work is to set it on custom wheel. I can race properly but the problem now is that the controls that I set reset everytime I shut down! It goes back and detects the default CSR settings which do not work. This is getting extremely frustrating. So for right now i'm not to impressed with Project Cars!

hc002
10-05-2015, 18:06
Having the same issue; every time I restart pcars my controller edits are all back to default. I use a Fanatec GT3RS V2 with Clubsport pedals. I don't think it has to do with hardware, i think its a steam/or pcars issue.

I me too..........

Vantage9
15-05-2015, 00:09
This is maddening. I'm seriously done with this game until this gets fixed. I cannot and will not re-do EVERY setting EVERY time I log in to play the game.

Kinsman
17-05-2015, 01:01
I'm having the same problem, but it's not confined to the advanced settings... it's ALL settings.

I have to select the correct wheel, recalibrate the wheel and pedals, set all the deadzones and such, then re-map the buttons...

Please at least patch this... it makes the whole thing THAT much more arduous.

Macedk
17-05-2015, 12:55
Same here..happened twice...car setup is also gone :(. Took me quiete some time to make...I'm waiting on a patch :)
Game looks awesome btw :)

joemazuka
17-05-2015, 20:25
Hi

Got the same problem : I have a G25 wheel+pedals ans every time I quit the game and retart it, all settings were lost.
Also, First the wheel didn't reconized itself and after a restart, the game recognized it as another.

I downloaded and installed the 64bits version of Logitech Gaming Software (http://download01.logitech.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs510_x64.exe) - I first made a mistake and installed the 32 bits version.

Since, EVEYRYTHING IS OK !

Settings are saved after a restart, I got vibrations and Force Feedback is better (before I got only a "hard steering") ...

If it can help some (and sorry for my english)

mattcwell
18-05-2015, 08:02
I also have the Fanatec GT3 RS with Clubsport pedals and have to re-assign each time I play. It's really frustrating.

Force feedback will also do really strange things after a bit, like reverse forces or gradually lose force. Disappointing that these issues made it in to the release copy.

Alan Dallas
18-05-2015, 08:20
Question for those having to redo these settings every time they Start pCARS. Are you running Steam as Administrator? In my case I'm running the Steam Beta client as Administrator and I've NEVER had to re-assign my settings, ever. Unless I purposefully deleted the profile.sav file that is.

Kinsman
18-05-2015, 15:20
Running it in 32 bit, 64 bit, administrator or whatever else makes no difference. My installation doesn't even create a profile.sav file. Where is this file meant to be located?

mattcwell
18-05-2015, 15:25
Found out that if I leave the detected controller the same (which is not my wheel), and make adjustments to that profile, it will save. It's only if I select a different control profile, like selecting the right wheel, that I am unable to save.

Alan Dallas
18-05-2015, 17:14
Running it in 32 bit, 64 bit, administrator or whatever else makes no difference. My installation doesn't even create a profile.sav file. Where is this file meant to be located?
Just noticed I gave the wrong file name. Was like 1am my time when I posted that. Anyway. The profile is saved here:

..\Steam\userdata\{Steam User ID}\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav
It contains Controller settings, car setups, career progression saves and other non-graphics card settings.
Edit: Something worth checking is to make sure NONE of the folders below ..\userdata\ are marked as Read Only.

Kinsman
19-05-2015, 18:39
Thanks Alan - That's exactly what I've been looking for so I could check. Will report back.

Kinsman
19-05-2015, 19:04
Just tested - no change. Still doesn't save anything. Program is running as administrator with full read/write privileges on that directory/file, but sadly it still seems to think I'm using a Fanatec CSW, and forgets all my buttons.

Vantage9
20-05-2015, 18:31
I was having this problem but recently discovered a fix that worked for me:

When starting up PCars, it would auto-recognize my wheel as a Fanatec 911 Turbo. When initially setting up, I would correctly change it to the Fanatec 911GT3RS V2 and make my edits and calibrations. Once or twice it remembered these settings after a logout (and returned the GT3RS V2), but typically it would all reset to default, which would require re-editing all assignments and re-calibrating.

While trying to solve a myriad of FFB issues, I was told to just leave it on whatever wheel the game auto-detects. After editing assignments & calibrating using the Fanatec 911 Turbo wheel selected, it now remembers my settings correctly. While the perfectionist in me is still annoyed it doesn't know what wheel I'm using... playable is better than correct.

Kinsman
27-05-2015, 16:32
But correct AND playable is better still and, more to the point, how it should be.

This is what I'd call a 'workaround' rather than a fix. It still needs sorting else what's the point in being able to change the wheel type in the first place?

I'm a bit surprised/disappointed that this hasn't been fixed already - It surely can't be that complicated. Sure it's nice to roll out a number of fixes at once, but something so fundamental to the playability of the game should be fixed rapidly.

Mancunain
31-05-2015, 19:42
i think its the wheels software, not the game..

Mine did it every time at 1st too, then i realized i needed software/drivers for wheel.. so installed the logitech profiler.. it worked better.. and saved most keys. but still had the brake pedal issue.. that was never set.. u can imagine my 1st few kart races yes ? xD i did win a few but wondered why i was so bad and why brakes were so poor.. :)

a few more tries and checks with logitech settings (Game specific only!!) and eventually 3 or 4 tries later in game, it saved control settings properly and they have remained the same since ..

Tomiroquai
01-06-2015, 08:37
I have the same problem (Fanatec GT2 ).Solution is to power on the wheel AFTER launching the game, while in the menues for example. Still have to calibrate the wheel and pedals though.

It's still a shame there's not multiple set ups to save, as you'd sometimes like to play with a different controller like a pad, but if you do that you erase the set up of your wheel.

Flihp
08-06-2015, 01:36
I have the same problem (Fanatec GT2 ).Solution is to power on the wheel AFTER launching the game, while in the menues for example. Still have to calibrate the wheel and pedals though.

It's still a shame there's not multiple set ups to save, as you'd sometimes like to play with a different controller like a pad, but if you do that you erase the set up of your wheel.

Funny thing is i launched the game and realized I didn't switch on my fanatec wheel, GT2, turned it on during game launch and lost all calibration, button config etc., if I start wheel after game, it is not detected in game, same happens in AC for me,

Phil

Morgan Henstridge
08-06-2015, 02:30
I am having huge troubles getting my controls to work with this game. It will automatically detect that I am using a Fanatec CSR with separate pedals instead of the combined I am using. the problem I am having is that when I race the throttle is always on. Which obviously makes racing impossible. Brake does little to slow the car down. This is after I have reassigned all control functions and calibrated pedals. The only way I can get my controls to work is to set it on custom wheel. I can race properly but the problem now is that the controls that I set reset everytime I shut down! It goes back and detects the default CSR settings which do not work. This is getting extremely frustrating. So for right now i'm not to impressed with Project Cars!

Are the pedals set to Combined or Separate in the Windows Driver??

Is there a reason you want to run Combined instead of separate axis for the pedals??

STERLING
13-08-2015, 10:47
Well you guys are lucky as I cannot use it now and cannot play the game at all with longitech g27 wheel and pedals or FI2015 so i think it is a software issue for most wheels and pedals to do with the new updates ,the game worked perfectly originally.
So bring the new patch on hope it works with windows 10 as well...................

Mulder89
13-08-2015, 13:20
Same problem...the devs should prioritize and fix the whole settings menu with everything in it to work correctly and MAKE DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS FOR EVERYTHING. Adding a few sentences for every option and making them work as intended, like in this case..is not a big deal is it ? it would make the game so much more enjoyable. Instead you get the bashing for the lack of it, which you deserve btw..

X Gabe 62 X
20-04-2016, 16:09
Are peeps still having this problem ??

My DFGT just keep losing a bunch of button assignments.

Have to reset most of them every time I play. Not happy !!!

Please can this be fixed.

Mahjik
20-04-2016, 16:31
Do you unplug your wheel/pedals from your PC when you aren't using pCARS?

Roger Prynne
20-04-2016, 17:05
FWIW I unplug my wheel (just the usb) all the time and have never had any probs at all.

Mahjik
20-04-2016, 17:10
FWIW I unplug my wheel (just the usb) all the time and have never had any probs at all.

It usually depends on your other USB devices. I've seen where plugging the same device back in Windows gives it a new controller ID. If a game is mapping using controller ID, it will not see the same device under the new ID. Since I have a lot of USB devices, including a wireless XBox controller which powers down, I've seen some ID's move before (and IIRC, the Thrustmaster users have this problem when switching rims).

stjohn fh
21-02-2017, 19:59
I just booted PCars where I have been getting the same problem and as usual assignments were reset. Then came out and booted it again - miracle, the assignments were now all there and correct. Will experiment further to see if I can replicate this and preferably get it to work without booting twice. At least its better than reconfiguring each time, you can make the coffee (or a stiff gin) while the thing is booting instead of fiddling with the wheel.

Trev Hump3
12-03-2017, 11:54
Does anyone have a fix for this yet? I am having to reload all assignments each time I play.
I have recently returned to the game and I didn't have these problems before.
I'm going to have to play somthing elsa if I can't gat it to work.
Can anyone help?

Trev Hump3
13-03-2017, 19:18
If anyone is interested I seem to have fixed this problem. I cannot take the credit as I was pointed in the right direction by Roosevelt Simmons' youTube video "Logitech G27 fix for GT Driving Force Detection (Window 10) "
What you have to do is as follows:
1) Go to control panel
2) Click on Devices and printers
3) Right click on G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel
4) Open properties
5) Go to hardware
6) This will show a list of several device functions including HID-Complaint Device (I have 2) , Logitech G29Driving Force racing Wheel USB (HID), USB Composite device, and USB input device (I have2)
7) Double click on the top item on in the list
8) Click on change settings
9) Click on the driver tab
10) Click on Update driver
11) Click on browse my computer for driver software
12) Click on let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
13) Double click on HID-compliant Device
14) It should then say "Windows has successfully updated your driver software"
15) Click close.
16) Click close again
17) Repeat this process for the other devices listed in point 6 above.

I don't know if all this is really necessary, but this is what I did and my assignments are now remembered each time I load the game
Thanks again to Roosevelt Simmons

Roger Prynne
13-03-2017, 20:19
The way I did it was to just uninstall the Logitech software and then install it again.... job done.

Trev Hump3
13-03-2017, 21:47
Tried that. Didn't work for me.