PDA

View Full Version : Online Trolls!

karkoma
08-05-2015, 08:17
Please, You have to do something with the people who try to ruin the online races. What about the reputation points?

Thanks

bye

GrepuS
08-05-2015, 08:23
It happened to me on Zolder, I was leading by far and suddenly appeared a "retard", who did reverse lap, in front of me to crash me. I got hit and I lost my race.

Hope you fix this reputation because there is a lot of dirty people in online mode..

Siberian Tiger
08-05-2015, 08:32
This is sadly a Problem on Public Servers...

But my advice: Wait 1 or 2 Weeks and the worst ones will drastically reduce...

Maybe some League Racing in Private Servers? Have a look here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124-Multiplayer-Event-Planning

Nelly D Racer
08-05-2015, 08:36
A little trick would be to setup your lobby yourself, make sure flags and penalties are turned on. They will get disqualified from a race if they drive backwards for more than 5 seconds. Cutting corners will result in a 5 second throttle reduction and a warning, multiple warnings will lead to disqualification.

You get these idiots on pretty much every online game trick is make it harder for them to cheat.

Elmo
08-05-2015, 08:38
Also just make new friends on Steam! Raced with somebody that matched your speed and drove fair? Add him as a friend and invite him to your races.

evanzo7
08-05-2015, 09:28
Also just make new friends on Steam! Raced with somebody that matched your speed and drove fair? Add him as a friend and invite him to your races.

This^

Done that several times over the years on PS3 and GT.
Ended up making proper racing leagues out of it!
Can't wait to start one on Project Cars as well!

Doc_Savage_NDMF
08-05-2015, 09:43
If ever there was an excuse to cultivate a list of people this is it. We all have the power to regulate our online experiences. Sure some of us just want to jump in after a hard day and race a little, but honestly I find that to be a much better and more relaxing thing when I do so in a friendly lobby.

How do you do that..?

Remember the lobbies where there were some good racers.
Hit them up with friend requests. In no time you'll have a solid list of people to race with.
Congregate the lobbies of people that host good races. No Highlander Syndrome here, "there will be more than one..."
Bangers and crashers will become known, with friends in a lobby you can inform the group and effectively use the vote to kick function if you have to.

A little work on your end will bring a ton of reward on the track.

Cheers..!

Martin G Webb
08-05-2015, 09:51
I have to agree with Elmo and Doc here.

We, (as players) are masters of our own and the game's destiny here, we can apply passwords to servers, vote to kick disruptive players it's not like we're powerless to alter or curtail this behaviour.

The tools are there, the community is here let's use them to their best.

Dollo73
08-05-2015, 14:00
Please, You have to do something with the people who try to ruin the online races. What about the reputation points?

Thanks

bye

+1

Online racing games without a matchranking (ex:iracing)is a totally waste of time. Once you try it you can't really come back.

SL1DE
08-05-2015, 14:08
A little trick would be to setup your lobby yourself, make sure flags and penalties are turned on. They will get disqualified from a race if they drive backwards for more than 5 seconds. Cutting corners will result in a 5 second throttle reduction and a warning, multiple warnings will lead to disqualification.

You get these idiots on pretty much every online game trick is make it harder for them to cheat.

The trick is to create an auto-ghost system for when someone who goes the wrong way.

Ian Bell
08-05-2015, 14:14
The trick is to create an auto-ghost system for when someone who goes the wrong way.

That's a good idea.

Elmo, add it to the list please.

SL1DE
08-05-2015, 14:54
That's a good idea.

Thanks. I got the idea from the Codemasters F1 games, it ensures that everybody has an enjoyable and fair race.

Also consider making the race engineer heard through a headset on the PS4. Because I plugged my earphones in and it was still going through the speaker, unlike other games where the speaker sound goes to the headset.

Notfordman
08-05-2015, 18:22

Excuse my ignorance, but what will that do??

Neil Bateman
08-05-2015, 18:27
It will stop others crashing into the car going the wrong way.

Dont know if it would be possible but if the car was to become ghost it should be left as a permanent ghost so if he decides to go the right way but wreck oncoming cars instead he couldn't.

SL1DE
09-05-2015, 03:15
Excuse my ignorance, but what will that do??

The player going the wrong way becomes a ghost, thus making it so if they are going the wrong way they cannot collide with anybody, you'd just go straight through them.

Johnnypenso1
09-05-2015, 07:11
Thanks. I got the idea from the Codemasters F1 games, it ensures that everybody has an enjoyable and fair race.

Also consider making the race engineer heard through a headset on the PS4. Because I plugged my earphones in and it was still going through the speaker, unlike other games where the speaker sound goes to the headset.

Auto ghost for 5 seconds or so then auto DQ right out of the lobby would be even better:beguiled:

Shi
09-05-2015, 14:58
Itīs so simple: Join a league.

Finnstar
09-05-2015, 15:08
in ideal situation yes i would join a league but i cant commit time on a regular schedule to that right now.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 15:10
I'm a hop in and out guy myself. I'm not much of a joiner so we'll work on more robust griefing solutions.

IrlRampage
09-05-2015, 16:35
Hi and yes i call them the wreckers all the trolls that cant win so they wreck you so the best way to fix that is add an admin spot with control on the race track open races are not allowed to kick people so fast with out voting them out but in league play penelties and points systems a must

MrSniperPhil
09-05-2015, 17:14
Hi and yes i call them the wreckers all the trolls that cant win so they wreck you so the best way to fix that is add an admin spot with control on the race track open races are not allowed to kick people so fast with out voting them out but in league play penelties and points systems a must

Sorry dude, but I did not understand one single point from this post.
Maybe try some interpunctation...

@Topic: I also like the Idea of a Ghost-Mode when you go reverse for an extended Period of Time (Maybe 10sec? 5sec is a little short I think.)

Stevie_F
09-05-2015, 17:58
Hey all,

There is always going to be trolls driving around, no matter what lobby you're in, unless of course it is set to private. Like an earlier post said, think it was Elmo, if you have raced with similar ability opponents why don't you add them on Steam? Gradually word will spread and before you know it you might have a full lobby with great racing!

iErasmus47
10-05-2015, 02:49
Make friends with a whole load of WMD Members . . .we have been here for years and like to look after our baby, lol . .

Noksi
10-05-2015, 08:13
Is there a way to see the results from online races you have done ? I have done a couple of races with good opponents but can't remember their names so no way to add them as friends.

Another question/observation: yesterday I did a race at LeMans. Was wondering why there was someone making up 5 seconds on the straights but loosing 1 second in the Porsche corners. Of course when he got closer I saw him cutting thru the chicane. On the 2nd to last lap he passed me and parked his car a couple of corners later just at the exit of a turn, me crashing into him (which eventually must have caused to much damage to my car as I had a blown engine on the last lap). But he disconnected before the end of the race and somehow the replay only has 3 cars with him missing. Does only drivers get saved in the replay which were still running at the end ?

Also, is there a way to switch to others drivers while watching the replay ?

andyparks
10-05-2015, 08:27
Another problem I've found when some idiot thinks it's ok to cut corners and get a penalty the cars isn't ghosted out so you end up smashing into the back of them and the rammers online are a joke why buy a game your just going to ram everyone it was the same in driveclub multiplayer and it still is

Willbert07
10-05-2015, 11:09
I'm a hop in and out guy myself. I'm not much of a joiner so we'll work on more robust griefing solutions.

One of the things I liked in the old GRID games, was there was an option for the host ( or when searching online races) for turning off "rear collisions" or something similar. It really cut down on deliberate ramming.

Willbert07
10-05-2015, 11:11
Another problem I've found when some idiot thinks it's ok to cut corners and get a penalty the cars isn't ghosted out so you end up smashing into the back of them and the rammers online are a joke why buy a game your just going to ram everyone it was the same in driveclub multiplayer and it still is

Sadly, it's the same in most racing games. I normally just pray that I'm going to get through the first few corners without damage, and then work my way up through the pack as they spread out.

Eric Bergeret
10-05-2015, 11:27
well we can do what some other title have done from the past, exclude people from online but let them have the offline game.

it's hard but i don't know another way to get peace for people who truly try to do there best to avoid crash.

Noksi
10-05-2015, 11:32
Sounds good Eric but then you need a Nimrod Cross with a protest system like iRacing is doing or how/who should decide who gets online removed ? I mean you have to make sure it doesn't get abused, not that at the end fast drivers get banned from online racing only because they are fast and get kind of fake reports by other drivers.

Willbert07
10-05-2015, 12:05
well we can do what some other title have done from the past, exclude people from online but let them have the offline game.

it's hard but i don't know another way to get peace for people who truly try to do there best to avoid crash.

That's not the best way, because then you have to find a way to judge who is doing it deliberately and who isn't. Plus you're taking away a portion of the game that people have paid for. Even though they might be annoying, you can't deny them a portion of the product because they don't play it the way you want them to.

Ryzza5
10-05-2015, 12:21
I thought we already had a basic system where driving backwards for 10 seconds auto-disqualified you...

Ghosting (disabling collisions) would be another effective means. As for cutting, I'd rather see 1 second added to the final time rather than an unrealistic enforced speed reduction which could create problems with approaching drivers.

Noksi
10-05-2015, 12:28
1 second won't cut it. I had someone making up to 5 seconds at the Mulsane chicanes at LeMans (but loosing 1 second in the Porsche curves) PER LAP. Also I would still hate it to get rammed by someone able to blatantly cutting chicanes, even if he get penalized by 1 (or 5) seconds (or even 1 minute) at the end of the race.

If you have the ability to make him a ghost, why not make him a ghost (for the time it needs for the slowdown) when he has to serve his slowdown on the track ?

TheJuzzy
10-05-2015, 12:34
If ever there was an excuse to cultivate a list of people this is it. We all have the power to regulate our online experiences. Sure some of us just want to jump in after a hard day and race a little, but honestly I find that to be a much better and more relaxing thing when I do so in a friendly lobby.

How do you do that..?

Remember the lobbies where there were some good racers.
Hit them up with friend requests. In no time you'll have a solid list of people to race with.
Congregate the lobbies of people that host good races. No Highlander Syndrome here, "there will be more than one..."
Bangers and crashers will become known, with friends in a lobby you can inform the group and effectively use the vote to kick function if you have to.

A little work on your end will bring a ton of reward on the track.

Cheers..!

I'm beginning to like you Doc .

dvc
10-05-2015, 12:36
+1

Online racing games without a matchranking (ex:iracing)is a totally waste of time. Once you try it you can't really come back.
As above

Nick Claydon
10-05-2015, 12:38
I'm beginning to like you Doc .

Doc has that effect on people, just dont get too close though as he tends to smell like wee. ;)

Eric Bergeret
10-05-2015, 12:43
I thought we already had a basic system where driving backwards for 10 seconds auto-disqualified you...

Ghosting (disabling collisions) would be another effective means. As for cutting, I'd rather see 1 second added to the final time rather than an unrealistic enforced speed reduction which could create problems with approaching drivers.that is not racing. :onthego: i hate ghost car :)
adding a few sec at the end is a good idea, until the drive trougth is in place."is quite boring to see poeple cut "

ps: you drive 8sec you stop then again 8sec, you never get Dq this way. if you stay on grid and never move you also don't get DQ.

dopeyj86
12-05-2015, 02:28
The host should be able to kick people............ just sayin

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 07:10
That's a good idea.

Could we also apply this feature to "parkers"? Something like auto-ghosting the player when he's slower than 20khp for more than 5sec?

Ian Bell
08-06-2015, 07:16
Could we also apply this feature to "parkers"? Something like auto-ghosting the player when he's slower than 20khp for more than 5sec?

Yes, there's a few things of that ilk we can do and we should.

tejuarr
08-06-2015, 07:56
Happened to me last night around Hockenheim I was 1st with 2 laps left.
On the first lap at the start finish straight idiots had parked the cars horizontal but had left the cars AWOL, suddenly on the last lap they were active and knocked me off and ruined my race, surely if somebody has left the car for so long and had no interest in racing they should be ghosted or removed.

EHM
08-06-2015, 07:58
They're the worst in the downhill turns at Bathurst. There is no escape.

madmax2069
08-06-2015, 08:07
This is exactly the reason why we need a kick and kick ban ability for the host, the vote to kick system is fundamentally flawed as a troll can invite his troll buddies and vote kick the host or other player from the lobby (seen it all too many times with a vote to kick system, or a endless tug of vote to kick war, or people just wont vote to kick anyone).

Just a kick button isnt really going to work either if the troll can rejoin the lobby after being kicked, a kick and ban from lobby function would be ideal.

Im tired of not being able to deal with trolls.

It seems at least the PC players that host a game have the ability to kick someone, console players only have the vote to kick system in the game.

hostaman
08-06-2015, 12:21

Thanks

bye

10000000% THIS ^

The game already knows how many DQ's you have, and could easily tally things like hitting other cars. There should be a setting when creating an MP game to exclude players with a high "knob" rating ;)

RobMUFC1987
08-06-2015, 12:45
10000000% THIS ^

The game already knows how many DQ's you have, and could easily tally things like hitting other cars. There should be a setting when creating an MP game to exclude players with a high "knob" rating ;)

That stat is broken. I have plenty of DNFs and a few DQs from people hitting me but my stats say 1 DNF

DragonSyr
08-06-2015, 12:51

i think that can take more except ghost idea from codemasters titles (manual pit , incident record etc)

Megalomanic87
08-06-2015, 13:20
Not had many problems in the last week to be honest, i think SOME of the trolls have disappeared, on Xbox at least, or that may be down to personal experience..

Megalomanic87
08-06-2015, 14:10
And as i posted that, i have 2 of them in the lobby, are you reading this and following me trolls? lol

eracerhead
08-06-2015, 14:21

Auto-ghost is a quick fix, but if you're coming around a bend at full clip and see a car sitting still on track, you can't distinguish whether it's 'live' or not. Cars need to either be removed outright or disabled and reset to trackside (for those who retired and wish to spectate) in such conditions.

MULTIVITZ
08-06-2015, 14:29
To enable an online ban is not a very good idea, what if someones little brother played all weekend and got the profile an online ban!? A bad sport lobby could be one solution, or just being unable to enter a lobby unless invited back afrer being kicked. We have got invite to game facilities haven't we? Have the lobby restriction list erased from the console after resetting the router or after 48 hours is also a good off put for kicked players. Having matched skilled lobbies is not enough as some people are better in some cars than others. There's loads of suggestions in the ultimate suggestion thread. You could have a demolition derby lobby for continual repeat offenders, or have L plates on their cars, a bit like the dunce hat in GTA. It adds humour to the situation and coupled with restrictions should bring the unruly into check.

RobMUFC1987
08-06-2015, 14:33
To enable an online ban is not a very good idea, what if someones little brother played all weekend and got the profile an online ban!? A bad sport lobby could be one solution, or just being unable to enter a lobby unless invited back afrer being kicked. We have got invite to game facilities haven't we? Have the lobby restriction list erased from the console after resetting the router or after 48 hours is also a good off put for kicked players. Having matched skilled lobbies is not enough as some people are better in some cars than others. There's loads of suggestions in the ultimate suggestion thread. You could have a demolition derby lobby for continual repeat offenders, or have L plates on their cars, a bit like the dunce hat in GTA. It adds humour to the situation and coupled with restrictions should bring the unruly into check.

They're only suggesting lobby bans. So if the lobby host sets up another lobby, you'll be able to enter. Also, get your brother his own account

MULTIVITZ
08-06-2015, 14:35
Auto-ghost is a quick fix, but if you're coming around a bend at full clip and see a car sitting still on track, you can't distinguish whether it's 'live' or not. Cars need to either be removed outright or disabled and reset to trackside (for those who retired and wish to spectate) in such conditions.

We have that already(indistinguishable ghosted cars), it just adds to the thrill. They even get penalties for you hitting them! If the voice quality was better other players would warn you anyway. What would happen in real life? Big drama? Or take it on the chin? Part of being a racer I guess.

MULTIVITZ
08-06-2015, 14:37
They're only suggesting lobby bans. So if the lobby host sets up another lobby, you'll be able to enter. Also, get your brother his own account

Yes and a Tardis to go back and make things better?! Lol
Someone earier was bringing up online bans, read the thread??

RobMUFC1987
08-06-2015, 14:44
Yes and a Tardis to go back and make things better?! Lol
Someone earier was bringing up online bans, read the thread??

Yes, I've read the thread. They were implying lobby bans to stop people rejoining straight after being kicked

Harvey
08-06-2015, 17:44
OK, this might sound a bit silly, but I'm just throwing the idea around. What if you could have a setting for qualification (that could be turned on or off) that kicked any player who failed to set a qualification time within, say, 5 seconds of the fastest qualifying time? Then the players who can't manage to set a competitive lap time in qualifying are kicked by the game, rather than the host having to deal with arguments or try and convince others to kick vote. It has become clear to me that drivers who lack ability, or obviously don't know the track, like to hang around and take their frustration out on the people who do. This may solve that problem, as they won't get to start the race and cause problems.

rotorrian
08-06-2015, 17:59
I personally like the idea of the following:

- Host has the ability to kick and kick ban
- players can vote to kick (cant kick host)
- Player Rep (Host can set a Rep Value. e.g. x points of Rep to join session. Host can reduce to let new friend in for example with lobby) - Maybe use Player Network Profile value.
- Dunce Hat / Naughty Kids corner. Drive like a douche 10 mins in the clown cars on the figure 8 track.

madmax2069
08-06-2015, 22:12
I personally like the idea of the following:

- Host has the ability to kick and kick ban
- players can vote to kick (cant kick host)
- Player Rep (Host can set a Rep Value. e.g. x points of Rep to join session. Host can reduce to let new friend in for example with lobby) - Maybe use Player Network Profile value.
- Dunce Hat / Naughty Kids corner. Drive like a douche 10 mins in the clown cars on the figure 8 track.

I've never agreed to any vote kick system in any game, its fundamentally flawed. even if you cant vote kick the host trolls can still abuse it (use it to troll). We just need to do away from the vote kick system period.

MULTIVITZ
08-06-2015, 22:51
You think? I like a good vote, you would seldom get kicked by some trolls. In all my years playing fms it must have only happend a handful of times to me. If someone wants a lobby to themselves, let em have it. I'll go and play somewhere else.

madmax2069
08-06-2015, 23:04
You think? I like a good vote, you would seldom get kicked by some trolls. In all my years playing fms it must have only happend a handful of times to me. If someone wants a lobby to themselves, let em have it. I'll go and play somewhere else.

The vote to kick system just doesnt work. It was one of the biggest complaints with forza 3.

Ive played forza 3 for quite a while, you always ran into trolls in that game and if you tried to vote kick them they voted to kick you out, or voted to kick everyone, and it was easy to follow you around into other rooms to do the same thing over and over. And you had times where people went into a vote kick war. You run into the same issues with any game with the vote to kick system. It just doesnt work regardless on how you try to spin it.

RobMUFC1987
09-06-2015, 07:50
OK, this might sound a bit silly, but I'm just throwing the idea around. What if you could have a setting for qualification (that could be turned on or off) that kicked any player who failed to set a qualification time within, say, 5 seconds of the fastest qualifying time? Then the players who can't manage to set a competitive lap time in qualifying are kicked by the game, rather than the host having to deal with arguments or try and convince others to kick vote. It has become clear to me that drivers who lack ability, or obviously don't know the track, like to hang around and take their frustration out on the people who do. This may solve that problem, as they won't get to start the race and cause problems.

Yeah, that's a bit silly/extreme. I mean qualifying is a different beast to a race. I've come up against guys who set 1 perfect lap in qualifying a second or 2 faster than me. When it came to the race, they span out or crashed on the 1st lap. Lap times don't prove ability. Then there's the people who couldn't set a lap because every lap got ruined by someone or they joined late.

Then there's car differences. In GT3 for instance, in my hands at least, the Audi is 4 seconds a lap faster than the Ginetta around Dubai. Then there's tracks. Try getting the RUF GT3 over the top of the mountain at Bathurst...

DragonSyr
09-06-2015, 07:53

107% is a good idea , but from default regular times for each track, and not from leader's time

Harvey
09-06-2015, 08:29
Seems far simpler to implement than all this talk of reward systems and kicking and banning people etc.

Mattias
09-06-2015, 08:40
Trolls will even enter your private games if you have an easy to guess password...
Had that happen yesterday and now we will never use easy passwords again.

Luckily, using a dedicated server, you can kick or ban people.

DragonSyr
09-06-2015, 08:44
the ds is not a solution
1st because the game is not only for pc
second most people want to race and not to deal with ds , readings, more problems etc....

DragonSyr
09-06-2015, 09:59
another codmasters possible solution is an option "reverse grid" the first from qual starts last etc....

Wolkenwolf
09-06-2015, 10:16
PC needs an online licensing system which prevents people to even join a session.
Lets say you have no experience with track and car, why are you allowed to join an online session ?
Because you paid ?
I've paid also and these idiots destroy my online experience.

Yesterday Hocke online, first four set a good Q-time, difference in 100s, rest was 4 sec. to X behind.
I thought this can be good. Wrong, you can't get through the first corners without a pileuprammcrashbounce.
Normaly i don't even set a Q time anymore, i start at last position and wait until track is clear.

So, i would like to see a license filter for servers. If you have driven the track offline or online a decent amount of laps, finished races etc, know the car, then you can join my server, if not search a open, unlicensed server for wreckers. What is this reputationsystem good for ?

I think, a license is something which prevents these online wreckfests cause you have to work first.

Mattias
09-06-2015, 10:39
The problem might also be most people don't know proper racing etiquette. But even if they do, take a look at real life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssCe-gRZKn8

Edit:
Almost forgot, people should spread videos like this more (Proper multiclass racing etiquette):

https://youtu.be/vpoK0522dCU

Most holds true for when someone laps you, or how you should behave while being overtaken.

Gooners
09-06-2015, 10:39
Maybe there should be an option, where to get into the lobby that has this option enabled you need to have posted a certain time for the chosen track ie bathurst gt3 minimum time needed to join would be a 2.15. This gives a 10 second leeway as many can do this track in 2.05. This is not so harsh that aliens can only join but it will weed out the newbs that cant make a single clean turn and are not there to race but to bash others. But ofc they paid for the game too so im not stopping them from racing online, just racing in lobbys with this option set, untill they can post a time themselves fast enough to be able to join.

Untill they take the game a tad more serious and start learning the tracks/lines they should stay in lobbys with like minded bashers.

MiZtErNiCe
09-06-2015, 10:52
107% quallifying rule, host ability to kick/ban, non contact racing as an option, private lobbies on ps4 and a name and shame thread on this forum.

Doc_Savage_NDMF
09-06-2015, 11:53
Doc has that effect on people, just dont get too close though as he tends to smell like wee. ;)

Says the ginger short hair... :distant:

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 12:00
Says the ginger short hair... :distant:

Hey Doc! I'm missing your textwalls over here... :sorrow:

ThePla7Maker
09-06-2015, 12:02
if you drive 2 seconds or say 100 yards wrong way round the track you should be removed from the game instantly.