PDA

View Full Version : DS4 pit announcements -> PS4 Standard Audio Channel

Fong74
08-05-2015, 08:19
This issue is spread across the board and is irritating lots of people:

Pit announcements are made via the DS4 speaker by default. There is no option other than turning them off via volume level selection.

Please include an option to put the announcment audio channel to the standard audio output of the PS4 (receiver, headset etc) like all other sounds.

Ramiboo
08-05-2015, 08:36
If you turn off the DS4, then the sound comes out the normal output. ;)

Fong74
08-05-2015, 08:48
Thats cool, thanks! Will try tonight.

All people using a wired headset that is connected to the DS4 still have that issue. I still think that an option to switch the channel would be a good thing.

Ramiboo
08-05-2015, 09:20
+1, an option would be nice you're right. I was using a wired set of cans on the DS4 on release night and sent all audio to the headphones, even the engineer. Is that what you are referring to? As I found that pretty good, especially as the kids were tucked up fast asleep!! :)

danowat
08-05-2015, 09:23
Are you sure about that?, certainly doesn't on my PS4.

Ramiboo
08-05-2015, 09:34
100% sure, all audio went to the wired headphones connected to the DS4. I wasn't using it as driving device at the time, just next to me while on the wheel. Had a Chat open with friends at the same time, I was actually very impressed with the audio setup. Chat + Game + Engineer all sent to the headphones at the same time.

danowat
08-05-2015, 09:37
Hmmm....I'll have to recheck later tonight then.

Fong74
08-05-2015, 10:15
+1, an option would be nice you're right. I was using a wired set of cans on the DS4 on release night and sent all audio to the headphones, even the engineer. Is that what you are referring to? As I found that pretty good, especially as the kids were tucked up fast asleep!! :)

I need the pitradio/engineer to come out my 5.1 setup, which is the main sound output for my system. I would like to have the DS4 speaker completely silent.

Im playing with a wheel/rig setup

Firefox02
08-05-2015, 10:22
Turn off my DS4 - would that mean to mute the volume, and then it'll come out from my speakers ?

Socalled
08-05-2015, 12:21
This is a problem too if you have a wheel and a headset. No engineer or menu help voice.

tony13
13-05-2015, 20:58
I have another problem,after some races in career mode i've lost the communication with the pits,while in solo mode,it's heard normal via the speaker :/

Oside_49er
13-05-2015, 21:18
That speaker on the DS4 was a stupid thought on Sony's part, I have yet to talk to anybody that likes sound coming out of it.
And with Pcars having no option to have all sounds come through 5.1/Headsets/optical is ridiculous. Hope they fix this soon.

FoxMulder
13-05-2015, 21:22
It really is one of the most useless features of the PS4, I agree.

Perfect Code
13-05-2015, 21:48
Turn off my DS4 - would that mean to mute the volume, and then it'll come out from my speakers ?

Nope. Turning down the DS4 speaker volume is not a substitute.

madmax2069
13-05-2015, 22:18
Yeah they need a option to select where the pit radio voice comes from, hearing him come from only the controller speaker is very annoying, especially if you're using a surround sound system (and not a headset).

I know his voice comes through the headset if you have all audio set when you have headphones hooked up to the controller. But there isnt any options to make his voice come through your sound system instead of the controller speaker

WhiteMarine
14-05-2015, 00:13
I use the Astro A40 headset at night and setting all audio instead of chat only makes the audio quality poor and the chat to audio equalizer really poor so that's not a great option for me. The poor audio is not a game issue its the headset so that's not a bug btw. It would be nice to have the engineer come through the headset and not the DS4 but that is if he ever works. I have only heard him in 1 race and I doubt ex stig came cheap. I hear the woman every time.