PDA

View Full Version : HUD missing

Tiesto
08-05-2015, 08:24
Dear Community,

Im curious how the HUD Layout works, as it doens't work.

When im in the game and click "Change HUD Layout", a layout appears, but nothing can be added or changed.

Attached a screenpint. Also, Hide /unhide doenst work.
Am I missing something?

I am on PC and Sorry for the bad english.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 08:35
Hi Tiesto, do you have a HUD visible before you edit hud??

I am not sure if this matters or not, but may make a difference.

RabNL
08-05-2015, 08:40
Yes, i'm sure that is the point Morgan. In gameplay settings put HUD on Full.

Gethema
08-05-2015, 08:49
I'm having a similar, yet not so severe issue:

(copied over from WMD)

Small problem here, trying to have the lap time table in the default upper right show up in the HUD, without much success.

When editing the HUD all looks fine...

http://abload.de/thumb/1xascf.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=1xascf.jpg)

but when saved and returning to the game the element is still missing:

http://abload.de/thumb/2v1sxh.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=2v1sxh.jpg)

I've already tried altering the element's position in the HUD configuration, different game modes (FP, TT, Race Weekend) and cycled through all of the available HUD modes, but still no sign of it.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 08:50
Thanks for verifying RabNL, I have not actually tried to edit the Hud yet, I just turn it off :)

Siberian Tiger
08-05-2015, 08:52

(copied over from WMD)

I've already tried altering the element's position in the HUD configuration, different game modes (FP, TT, Race Weekend) and cycled through all of the available HUD modes, but still no sign of it.

The Time Table is set to another Mapping of Keys... Check in your Options if you have mapped it and where... It does NOT cycle with the "other" HUD Modes...

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 08:53

(copied over from WMD)

Small problem here, trying to have the lap time table in the default upper right show up in the HUD, without much success.

When editing the HUD all looks fine...

but when saved and returning to the game the element is still missing:

Hi Gethema, once you have saved the edited HUD Layout, are you using the key preset to enable the Lap times window??

It may be that it shows for you to position, but you do not actually have it turned on??

edit - Ninja'd :)

Gethema
08-05-2015, 09:14
Thanks a bunch guys - feel kinda sheepish to not have figured this out myself! :rolleyes:

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 09:15
No worries Mate.

A lot of us, original WMD users, have had the same questions during development. So we have been caught by these things too, but now know the answers :)

Tiesto
08-05-2015, 09:32
No worries Mate.

A lot of us, original WMD users, have had the same questions during development. So we have been caught by these things too, but now know the answers :)

Thanks for the fast respone.

But it still doenst work, in the options the HUD is set to full (with mirror). When I start the game, nothing apperas, in the HUD options either nothing shows up to change?

Hi Gethema, once you have saved the edited HUD Layout, are you using the key preset to enable the Lap times window??

Could this be the issue, that I can enable the HUD with a key preset?

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 09:34
There is a key binding in Edit Controls for Hud Toggle.

Try and toggle through until you can see the Virtual Mirror and Hud, and then do the Hud Edit.

Note - there is also a separate key binding for the Lap Times window.

Franckyky
08-05-2015, 17:03
Thanks for the fast respone.

But it still doenst work, in the options the HUD is set to full (with mirror). When I start the game, nothing apperas, in the HUD options either nothing shows up to change?

Could this be the issue, that I can enable the HUD with a key preset?
Hi,
I had same trouble. It was due to Nvidia 3D vision. I've had to disable 3D in Nvidia control panel, not with key shortcut you can press while game is launching and now all is fine :).
Whatever, I'm still in trouble with this hud that does not save my personal setup after editing.
I press "yes" while exiting hud edition, all is ok during the session ,map is where I want, etc. but when I load another session, practise to qualify for instance, hud goes back to default position :confused:.

Lamro101
08-05-2015, 17:34
But it still doenst work, in the options the HUD is set to full (with mirror). When I start the game, nothing apperas

Tiesto i got same problem, no HUD at all:(

Lamro101
08-05-2015, 17:38
It was due to Nvidia 3D vision. I've had to disable 3D in Nvidia control panel, not with key shortcut you can press while game is launching and now all is fine :).

i'm going to try if it works for me)))

Franckyky, thnx it works))))))

Franckyky
09-05-2015, 11:20
i'm going to try if it works for me)))

Franckyky, thnx it works))))))
You're welcome :).

Stones
13-05-2015, 20:39
...I press "yes" while exiting hud edition, all is ok during the session ,map is where I want, etc. but when I load another session, practise to qualify for instance, hud goes back to default position :confused:.

I'd also like to have my hud positions saved with each car, if possible. Is there a file one can edit for this? Not a big deal but, sure would be nice.