PDA

View Full Version : Slow frame rate

Evil XR 1200
08-05-2015, 09:01
I started playing project cars yesterday and I have been waiting for this game since the day I herd of it and ever since I have been watching it on YouTube every night when I do the dishes anyway my first race in the go karts the frame rate was slow in some of the corners and it did it again when I did a race at donnington any one having the same thing.
Regards
Evil XR 1200

ozdogg
08-05-2015, 09:14
Check this link on the forum
Hopefully it will be addressed soon
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21867-Graphical-problems-Xbox-Ome

DRiVEandRiDE TV
08-05-2015, 09:50
I started playing project cars yesterday and I have been waiting for this game since the day I herd of it and ever since I have been watching it on YouTube every night when I do the dishes anyway my first race in the go karts the frame rate was slow in some of the corners and it did it again when I did a race at donnington any one having the same thing.
Regards
Evil XR 1200

When first playing Project CARS the frame rate did seem pretty smooth. That was on tracks like Donington, Snetterton, etcetera. However, the karting had a very jumpy frame rate, as well as the building textures popping in and out when driving on the United Arab Emirates circuits. I'm hoping that this will be patched. For now, I'm trying my best to ignore it and just enjoy the experience. But that is quite a hard thing to do.

Elmo
08-05-2015, 15:03
Moved to Technical Help & Support

formulagonzo
08-05-2015, 15:13
I have the digital version for Xbox One and I've got similar problems. I've been playing predominantly on practice mode in a Formula B car. I've experienced alot of frame rate issues, predominantly in the second sector as you go up the hill for turns 7, 8 and 9 at the Barcelona F1 track. Several times my screen has paused before I hear a crash, and then find myself in the barriers when the screen gets moving again. This is very concerning given there is only one car on track. I've had similar issues in Spa and another track, especially when it started to rain.

I've got a launch model Xbox One so perhaps my game can't access all the of power like the newer models without kinect can. I did have my kinect plugged in at the time, although have subsequently unplugged it. Could it be the game has been optimised on the newer consoles and not those with the launch consoles? Hopefully a quick fix can be found or I'll be off to buy a PS4 and another copy of the game for that console instead.

Bryer
08-05-2015, 15:20
I have the digital version for Xbox One and I've got similar problems. I've been playing predominantly on practice mode in a Formula B car. I've experienced alot of frame rate issues, predominantly in the second sector as you go up the hill for turns 7, 8 and 9 at the Barcelona F1 track. Several times my screen has paused before I hear a crash, and then find myself in the barriers when the screen gets moving again. This is very concerning given there is only one car on track. I've had similar issues in Spa and another track, especially when it started to rain.

I've got a launch model Xbox One so perhaps my game can't access all the of power like the newer models without kinect can. I did have my kinect plugged in at the time, although have subsequently unplugged it. Could it be the game has been optimised on the newer consoles and not those with the launch consoles? Hopefully a quick fix can be found or I'll be off to buy a PS4 and another copy of the game for that console instead.

Just out of interest, do you have a USB hard disc lying about? If you do, try installing/moving the game to that, it could be a HDD read issue on the internal drive. I've not had any issues with frame rate on the Xbox One version and my game is installed on my external drive.