PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed at all !

Gamer1963
08-05-2015, 09:03
After month of waiting for what to be hyped to be the best racing game ever I sit here with the feeling of being really deceived. Here are some of my issues with the game.

Will you address the frame drop on the graphics on xBox One ? Drove at Silverstone and Zolder yesterday and the frame drop in some turns is a gamebraker, the same happens when it rains and on several other tracks. It feels like playing on an under powered computer in the old days. You also need to see what you can do with the handling on road cars, drove a RUF on Brands Hatch and it felt like it had suspension from a monster truck, way to little air in the tires and a 500 gallon half full water tank in the trunk, the same issue with Caterham super 7 and Audi R8 :-(And when I first will tell you what I feel about this game, what is it with the AI, they are all over the place and banging into each other ? Actually, I am really disappointed over this game.

Hope for your sake that you can fix many of the problems with patches because this product as it is today is unfinished and just plain bad :mad:

Gopher04
08-05-2015, 09:07
People will help you here man, but wording your post in a abrupt manner and abit of a insult to the the company name as you put it wont get you the best results.

Gamer1963
08-05-2015, 09:09
I know, was just a little bit pissed because I expected a almost perfect game. And several of the issues that I refer to is as I said a gamebreaker. I will edit. ;-)

Evil XR 1200
08-05-2015, 09:10
I am with you gamer1963 I have had the same things when I was playing project cars I hope these thing are all fixed in the future I am very disappointed :mad:

_mrP_
08-05-2015, 09:43
People will help you here man, but wording your post in a abrupt manner and abit of a insult to the the company name as you put it wont get you the best results.

talking politely with forum moderators and avoiding to "insult the company" does not provide programming solutions though. programming schedule and development time solve these problems. only.
and for this, the real solution, I dont think we have had any meaningful communication. yet.

Gopher04
08-05-2015, 09:59
talking politely with forum moderators and avoiding to "insult the company" does not provide programming solutions though. programming schedule and development time solve these problems. only.
and for this, the real solution, I dont think we have had any meaningful communication. yet.

But it will help in getting a response and some form of advice and solution..put it another way if you ring up a company to speak to their customer service team or the support team and you start throwing abuse down the phone because your frustrated what happens? they put the phone down.

Bryer
08-05-2015, 10:10
After month of waiting for what to be hyped to be the best racing game ever I sit here with the feeling of being really deceived. Here are some of my issues with the game.

Will you address the frame drop on the graphics on xBox One ? Drove at Silverstone and Zolder yesterday and the frame drop in some turns is a gamebraker, the same happens when it rains and on several other tracks. It feels like playing on an under powered computer in the old days. You also need to see what you can do with the handling on road cars, drove a RUF on Brands Hatch and it felt like it had suspension from a monster truck, way to little air in the tires and a 500 gallon half full water tank in the trunk, the same issue with Caterham super 7 and Audi R8 :-(And when I first will tell you what I feel about this game, what is it with the AI, they are all over the place and banging into each other ? Actually, I am really disappointed over this game.

Hope for your sake that you can fix many of the problems with patches because this product as it is today is unfinished and just plain bad :mad:

Clearly you had set your bar FAR too high on what to expect from the game on release day. This is not a AAA title, it's been created by a studio on their own with crowd funding and they have done a REMARKABLE job to get the game made on a very small budget. Yes games release with bugs and glitches (just remember EVERY COD game), the online world we live in, now allows for patches to be released post release and will greatly improve the game. So just be patient and things will all work themselves out.

ironik
08-05-2015, 10:14
It's good to have feedback though.
Thanks for that.

Gefe
08-05-2015, 11:21
But it will help in getting a response and some form of advice and solution..put it another way if you ring up a company to speak to their customer service team or the support team and you start throwing abuse down the phone because your frustrated what happens? they put the phone down.
Well if that happens you can't call yourself a professional company and you can't be taken seriously. Especially in this case, the console versions (X1 in my case) are far from finished, it's not unplayable but defineltly not worth the full price. It feels a bit like we(the fans) got screwed. And then give a reaction like that.. Not cool man...
Be happy that after all we give feedback and not let the game for what it is.

Ofcourse I get it that you've worked on a tight budget with a quite small team, but why realeasing a Wii version then?
Or work on another game simultaneously?

The most irritating for me now is the framerate drops and skips. Just limit it to 30fps instead of trying to push 60.
After that the handling of the cars / controller calibration (with some ingame tweaking it gets a lot better, but still come on why does it come in such a terrible way out of the box?)

It's to bad, I really looked out to this game, I still have some fun with it, but it feels like an early access/beta for now and I really hope it gets fixed because it got the potential. :)

X30 Nemec666
08-05-2015, 11:27
It feels a bit like we(the fans) got screwed.

We? Please let me out here - im totally in love with this game and would spend 200 bucks for it! The most people forget way to fast what happen din there other racing games at the release. No one is perfect and i would bet that they fix it soon as possible - if it needs a fix.
And my game and graphics work fine as it should, so maybe it depends not only on the game?
Sure i have some little bugs - but i can live very well with it till the next update and come on guys - just the sound of the cars is it worth!

AsHeavenIsWide
08-05-2015, 11:33
Yea to be fair people who obvioulsy play on PC and are WMD member's, no offence but its irrelevant to you and you are kinda bias. No forum member can help frame rate issues.

The framerate jumps up and down on XB1 like no tomorrow, would be better if its locked at half the framerate. Obviously if you play with less cars and dry weather it helps but thats not the point. Ive already told my American friend's my opinion on the game and ive told them to steer clear until/if it gets fixed.

FCR STEALTH
08-05-2015, 11:33
It feels a bit like we(the fans) got screwed.

things will sort them selfs out in time ime sure, but how can you class your self as a fan esp to a new company,instatution, group, team call them what you awnt but its there first time first release, and probably half the budget of the bigger companies out there screwing us year after year, codemasters for the top of the list there, but to say we the fans and got screwed in the same sentence really ????
"A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something or somebody, such as a band, a sports team, a book or entertainer."
you may be a fan of sim games but thats out of text in terms of pointing your frustration at the company,

Gopher04
08-05-2015, 11:34
Well if that happens you can't call yourself a professional company and you can't be taken seriously.

Well in the real world when you speak to a company like that on the phone, and I'm guilty off it myself they are allowed and instructed to put the phone down, saying that, this was used as a example how to approach here, the difference here they wont put the phone down, but would like a bit of respect, anyway were getting off subject now.

As for saying
It feels a bit like we(the fans) got screwed that is what I am I'm not a Dev nor a moderator I am a community member which means a fan that had some minor input to the development, and I don't feel screwed, and trust me if I felt that in anyway I am the sort of person that would say it, but I have no reason too.

Gefe
08-05-2015, 11:37
We? Please let me out here - im totally in love with this game and would spend 200 bucks for it! The most people forget way to fast what happen din there other racing games at the release. No one is perfect and i would bet that they fix it soon as possible - if it needs a fix.
And my game and graphics work fine as it should, so maybe it depends not only on the game?
Sure i have some little bugs - but i can live very well with it till the next update and come on guys - just the sound of the cars is it worth!
Yeah if the game was working properly I would also spend more for it (probably still going to happen with the DLC anyway).
Like I said, I'm still having fun with the game but it can get so much better. I have hope!
But the problems with the framerate are a bit of a letdown for me, because sometimes I miss my breaking/steering point due to that (mostly experienced it at karting in the carreer)

Gamer1963
08-05-2015, 11:42
Well in the real world when you speak to a company like that on the phone, and I'm guilty off it myself they are allowed and instructed to put the phone down, saying that, this was used as a example how to approach here, the difference here they wont put the phone down, but would like a bit of respect, anyway were getting off subject now.

As for saying that is what I am I'm not a Dev nor a moderator I am a community member which means a fan that had some minor input to the development, and I don't feel screwed, and trust me if I felt that in anyway I am the sort of person that would say it, but I have no reason too.

So what you say is that you are allowed to say whatever you want if you feel screwed but I'm not ?

Gamer1963
08-05-2015, 11:43
Clearly you had set your bar FAR too high on what to expect from the game on release day. This is not a AAA title, it's been created by a studio on their own with crowd funding and they have done a REMARKABLE job to get the game made on a very small budget. Yes games release with bugs and glitches (just remember EVERY COD game), the online world we live in, now allows for patches to be released post release and will greatly improve the game. So just be patient and things will all work themselves out.

Of course I set the bar high when I pay full price for a game that had so many delays duo to polishing and refining on the graphics and gameplay. I understand that it is a port from computer and it is made with a small budget but still. it should have been better at release. It's not the first racing game Slightly Mad have made. The way it is now will put many gamers of and they will return it to the shops for something else. It's not in Slightly Mads interest that the players leave the game for dead after a couple of weeks. The patches must come out fairly soon so gamers can enjoy the game as it should be. Make no mistake, I think the idea with weather change, day/night racing and the content with so much tracks is very good and I like that it's coming something new to the table regarding simracing on console. And yes, I will be patient and keep the game in my shelf until a patch are released.

Gefe
08-05-2015, 11:43
As for saying that is what I am I'm not a Dev nor a moderator I am a community member which means a fan that had some minor input to the development, and I don't feel screwed, and trust me if I felt that in anyway I am the sort of person that would say it, but I have no reason too.

My bad, I thought you were a mod ;)

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 11:47
My bad, I thought you were a mod ;)

Studio Team: Blue
Moderators: Orange
WMD: Gold

Gopher04
08-05-2015, 11:50
So what you say is that you are allowed to say whatever you want if you feel screwed but I'm not ?

Nope..read the post above from Gefe..

MysterG
08-05-2015, 11:53
Rest assured these issues are being looked at.

I fully understand that people who have these problems will be annoyed, but it if they can express themselves without letting emotion get the better of them then it helps everyone :D

Gefe
08-05-2015, 11:58
things will sort them selfs out in time ime sure, but how can you class your self as a fan esp to a new company,instatution, group, team call them what you awnt but its there first time first release, and probably half the budget of the bigger companies out there screwing us year after year, codemasters for the top of the list there, but to say we the fans and got screwed in the same sentence really ????
"A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something or somebody, such as a band, a sports team, a book or entertainer."
you may be a fan of sim games but thats out of text in terms of pointing your frustration at the company,

It isn't out of context because the comany focuses to attract (sim)racing fans , if they hype it under that group of people and then they don't match the expectations they set by putting the bar so high, Well yeah then they at least disappointed me a bit, as a racing fan who also got hyped and couldn't wait till the game came out.

And I was a fan of this game before I ever played it because of that ;)

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 12:06
Wow really surprised when I read this post, I too have been waiting since day one to play this game but I only have praise for it and the team involved.

Yes it has a few issues but it's not a money is no problem game this game was built by a relatively small team for multi platform, how about we at least give the team a chance.

It's a great start to a long haul of project car's I hope.

J1n0
08-05-2015, 12:10

Using a TX 458 wheel for Xbox 1 and don't have any problems to steer or control a car even with assists off. Another thing.....i haven't noticed any framedrops on the circuits you mention. I do believe you but it's still strange that i don't experience any of the problems you mention. It's just getting used to new cars when you just drove another. But yet again, i believe you but i cant say i have any of these problems. All in all i enjoy the game very much and looking forward getting home from work to start my engine!

Gamer1963
08-05-2015, 12:30
Using a TX 458 wheel for Xbox 1 and don't have any problems to steer or control a car even with assists off. Another thing.....i haven't noticed any framedrops on the circuits you mention. I do believe you but it's still strange that i don't experience any of the problems you mention. It's just getting used to new cars when you just drove another. But yet again, i believe you but i cant say i have any of these problems. All in all i enjoy the game very much and looking forward getting home from work to start my engine!

I to have the Thrustmaster TX 458 with the gt rim so that is not the issue. I play Forza (all of them) to the end, I play iRacing, rFactor 1 and 2 and have played every racing game since Toca 1 and Porche 2000 an I realize that maybe it could have been me but I have several simracers that I race with out in the big world and everybody have the same issue with handling on the cars and framedrops in the graphic. And if you read the other answers here it's not only me. But for the godness of my heart I will stop this tread, it is way to many fanboys I piss of so.....

Lee van Davo
08-05-2015, 12:32
You can understand how some people are pissed off. Thing is the game has been promised as the best racer ever but its full of bugs. I got my copy yesterday and ive spent 10 hours trying to get the control right. First off the frame rate was awfull and it would steer hard left or hard right on its own and when it wasnt doing that you could hardly get around the track with out crashing. So i tried reinstalling the game that got rid of those problems. But now there are many cars you cant drive properly without going off but others work great. Im using a controller for the xbox one and yes ive tried 1 2 and 3 loadouts for the controller and tried tweeking them. I havent given up yet i hope it gets a patch to fix these problems so it can be the best race game ever

jam1uk
08-05-2015, 12:46
Hi, i am new to this forum thing and have read almost every post in this section and im with Gamer19663 on this, yes we been waiting along time for this game and followed its progress since november last year so i guess some of us have set the bar high but to argue that point is irrelevant and silly, and to go off on tangents because someone is sensitive over anothers upset tones which they should have every right to be upset as we have waited this long fort he game and told we got to wait longer for what seems like silly little graphics changes etc when there are obviously other things which should of been fixed before in my opinon. Over the years i have found that games that worry to much about graphics loose something in the game, this game has unrivaled graphics but at what cost. Ive played many racing games over the years that promise the world but have failed to deliver i hope this one is differant.
I started with the karts and straight away notice when you on hard lock the more you brake the more your character turns, and even if you go off i have been on full left lock with my character on full right lock right up to when i stop and then reverse, surly im not the first one to notice this... how has this got by
Its got great potential please dont let this game go the same way as others before it, we need patches and we need them soon,
sorry if i offended anyone i do appologise lets fix this game!

J1n0
08-05-2015, 12:50
As said, i am aware of some bugs aswell Gamer1963, but lets just try and make this a great racing game, the base is there!

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 12:50
You can understand how some people are pissed off. Thing is the game has been promised as the best racer ever but its full of bugs. I got my copy yesterday and ive spent 10 hours trying to get the control right. First off the frame rate was awfull and it would steer hard left or hard right on its own and when it wasnt doing that you could hardly get around the track with out crashing. So i tried reinstalling the game that got rid of those problems. But now there are many cars you cant drive properly without going off but others work great. Im using a controller for the xbox one and yes ive tried 1 2 and 3 loadouts for the controller and tried tweeking them. I havent given up yet i hope it gets a patch to fix these problems so it can be the best race game ever

Hi, i am new to this forum thing and have read almost every post in this section and im with Gamer19663 on this, yes we been waiting along time for this game and followed its progress since november last year so i guess some of us have set the bar high but to argue that point is irrelevant and silly, and to go off on tangents because someone is sensitive over anothers upset tones which they should have every right to be upset as we have waited this long fort he game and told we got to wait longer for what seems like silly little graphics changes etc when there are obviously other things which should of been fixed before in my opinon. Over the years i have found that games that worry to much about graphics loose something in the game, this game has unrivaled graphics but at what cost. Ive played many racing games over the years that promise the world but have failed to deliver i hope this one is differant.
I started with the karts and straight away notice when you on hard lock the more you brake the more your character turns, and even if you go off i have been on full left lock with my character on full right lock right up to when i stop and then reverse, surly im not the first one to notice this... how has this got by
Its got great potential please dont let this game go the same way as others before it, we need patches and we need them soon,

I can understand your frustration but you have to meet us half way. We've spent the last several years working with SMS making the best it can be. Unfortunately the game had to be released at some time and that time is now. Yes, we'd like to have the game bug free but that is just not possible. If the game was held back to fix every single issue the game would never get released. SMS/WMD are aware of these issues are looking to address them.

You the game needs fixed as if it is totally broken, this isn't the case. It needs improvement in certain areas but it is certainly far from broken.

Pete

Franco Ferrari
08-05-2015, 13:09
I'd like to say a word or two about this thread (and I also have a feeling that this will become a sticky one).

No offense, but... you've had the game physically in your hands (or on your systems) for... 36 hours, at best?
You've played it for, maybe, 4 to 5 hours... and I'd be impressed if this figure's higher... but still some of you are already 100% sure about "having been screwed".
And maybe you're right and you've "had been screwed" after all, but I'm pretty sure it's kinda early to be 100% sure about it.
3 to 4 hours is not even enough time to find a decently fast setup for one car on one track (I know. I've spent this much time trying to grind a few tenth of a second out of the Z4 on Zolder, months ago), so I doubt it will give you a 360 overview of all the aspects of the game, which is way more than a few dumb AIs crashing at Brands or a couple of stuttering corners on a couple of tracks.

I hope I've made my point clear.

Lee van Davo
08-05-2015, 13:29
I do understand it takes a lot of hard work dont get me wrong.

Gamer1963
08-05-2015, 13:30
I'd like to say a word or two about this thread (and I also have a feeling that this will become a sticky one).

No offense, but... you've had the game physically in your hands (or on your systems) for... 36 hours, at best?
You've played it for, maybe, 4 to 5 hours... and I'd be impressed if this figure's higher... but still some of you are already 100% sure about "having been screwed".
And maybe you're right and you've "had been screwed" after all, but I'm pretty sure it's kinda early to be 100% sure about it.
3 to 4 hours is not even enough time to find a decently fast setup for one car on one track (I know. I've spent this much time trying to grind a few tenth of a second out of the Z4 on Zolder, months ago), so I doubt it will give you a 360 overview of all the aspects of the game, which is way more than a few dumb AIs crashing at Brands or a couple of stuttering corners on a couple of tracks.

I have had my hardcopy for 72 hours and played around 10 hours up to today. Do you play pCars on a computer or the xBox One ?

jam1uk
08-05-2015, 13:32

Gefe
08-05-2015, 13:33

Yeah and thats way the most complaining is about the frame drops. The controller calibration is something else, ofcourse it takes time to master to go fast around a track. But to master it you'll need to get around first and with the standard controller setting it's almost impossible. With some tweaking (Steering deathzone to 0 is a good start) it gets way better!

Now the real problem is the framerate fluctuation, it is annoying that if you hit a curb or go a bit sideways that the game freezes for a millisecond and then fast forward a couple of frames.
I noticed till now that the karting in the carreer does this more than a car race in the carreer. I'm not far or anything, but if it starts now already how will it be once I get to the big races with big starting grids and weather changes?

And ofcourse: No Offense :P

Gamer1963
08-05-2015, 13:34
I can understand your frustration but you have to meet us half way. We've spent the last several years working with SMS making the best it can be. Unfortunately the game had to be released at some time and that time is now. Yes, we'd like to have the game bug free but that is just not possible. If the game was held back to fix every single issue the game would never get released. SMS/WMD are aware of these issues are looking to address them.

You the game needs fixed as if it is totally broken, this isn't the case. It needs improvement in certain areas but it is certainly far from broken.

Pete

I understand that things take time and I am able to meet you half way. Just please get out some patches so we can enjoy the game as we really like to do.

Franco Ferrari
08-05-2015, 13:39
but if it starts now already how will it be once I get to the big races with big starting grids and weather changes?

Why don't you try it?
You have access to all the cars, all the tracks and all the "weathers" from the beginning.
Create a custom race and test it.
Maybe you'll find out that the stuttering happened only with one car-track combination, or even one car-track-corner-weather combination.

Test it. Report it. And someone will look upon it for sure.

Gefe
08-05-2015, 14:00
Why don't you try it?
You have access to all the cars, all the tracks and all the "weathers" from the beginning.
Maybe you'll find out that the stuttering happened only with one car-track combination, or even one car-track-corner-weather combination.

Why don't you try it?

I especially say in the career, for some reason it gets worse there.
But I will check it out further.

And btw, I never entered a early access/beta so why should I be testing it? If I already experienced it in my first races I wonder what the testers did? And what was the day one patch then? To mask more problems? I bought the game for full price to play and enjoy it, or did I to test it?

Yeah I get there is been put a lot of time, work, sweat en love into this game, thats one of the reasons why I looked out for this game a long time And after some patches this will definitely be an awesome game and meets (or hopefully higher) his expectations and full potential.

But the thing I find a bit strange is that there are some problems with the current version of the game and some people try to blow it off the table it or anything(?) , telling us we' don't know what we're talking about en shit. So please enlighten me why this is? ;)

And about your edit: then they should have skipped the karting career... Or bring it later as a DLC

jam1uk
08-05-2015, 14:06
I understand that things take time and I am able to meet you half way. Just please get out some patches so we can enjoy the game as we really like to do.

what he said!!

Gefe
08-05-2015, 14:07
Oh and to add something: There are more bugs as well but you don't hear me complaining about those because they're not influencing the gameplay that much

Franco Ferrari
08-05-2015, 14:11
I especially say in the career, for some reason it gets worse there.
But I will check it out further.

And btw, I never entered a early access/beta so why should I be testing it?

Don't get me wrong.
I mean you have access to all the cars from the beginning of the game.
There are no restrictions or anything that prevent you from trying a Formula A or a LMP1 right now.

I know you were not part of the alpha/beta. :)

Ian Bell
08-05-2015, 14:18
Hi guys,

Rest assured we're listening to all valid issues and are already working away on fixes behind the scenes. We have a long tail of support and DLC planned and will put out patches when needed as soon as we've addressed the issues.

This reads a bit like corporate bull but it's the truth.

Gefe
08-05-2015, 14:28
Don't get me wrong.
There are no restrictions or anything that prevent you from trying a Formula A or a LMP1 right now.

Don't get me wrong.

Yeah I didn't, it's literally what you're saying, It's also possible to skip the karting career and start right off in cars. But thats not the point here. I don't get what it has to do with the framerate/career? Except to try if it's the same with every car on every track at every corner in every weather....

The point is that It already happened in the first races I played, and I am suspecting that I'm not the only one.

formulagonzo
08-05-2015, 14:48
I've been practicing on the Barcelona F1 track in the Formula B cars. I keep getting an issue whereby the screen sort of pauses or suddenly jumps and I'm 20 metres further down the road, which usually leads to me crashing. This keeps happening to me sort of every other lap so I really can't get a rhythm going. The weather is dry and I'm on the only car on track, so I shouldn't be pushing the graphics too hard. Can anyone help me please?

Bugalugz
08-05-2015, 15:36
I have a lot of sympathy with all the guys having issues on this thread. It seems the Xbox One version of this game is some way off what was expected and there seems to be a hard-core following that's quite happy to slap anyone down who says anything against the game. The Xbox One is a known bit of hardware the same the world over, was issues with choppy graphics, sound, or controls not picked up during any testing? or are we stating that it was released knowing these issues existed and the experience on the Xbox One with standard controller is acceptable?

Yes we can change the settings for the controller to work around the default settings that throws the car into walls or not realising when we've moved the thumb stick from left to right, but really? should we have to?

Also the argument of this is a small studio doing its best, leave them alone. If they're small they have smaller overheads and also crowd funding, shouldn't the game then be an Indy title at about half the price?

Personally I'm a little disappointed, I was looking for a good simulator on the Xbox for the times I didn't want to play RFactor 2 on the PC. I'd imagine there will be Xbox One patches and the little issues that are causing a lot of pain on the Xbox One will pass soon. It does look that good though that I can see me buying it on the PC so I can use the G27

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 15:39
I have a lot of sympathy with all the guys having issues on this thread. It seems the Xbox One version of this game is some way off what was expected and there seems to be a hard-core following that's quite happy to slap anyone down who says anything against the game. The Xbox One is a known bit of hardware the same the world over, was issues with choppy graphics, sound, or controls not picked up during any testing? or are we stating that it was released knowing these issues existed and the experience on the Xbox One with standard controller is acceptable?

Yes we can change the settings for the controller to work around the default settings that throws the car into walls or not realising when we've moved the thumb stick from left to right, but really? should we have to?

Also the argument of this is a small studio doing its best, leave them alone. If they're small they have smaller overheads and also crowd funding, shouldn't the game then be an Indy title at about half the price?

Personally I'm a little disappointed, I was looking for a good simulator on the Xbox for the times I didn't want to play RFactor 2 on the PC. I'd imagine there will be Xbox One patches and the little issues that are causing a lot of pain on the Xbox One will pass soon. It does look that good though that I can see me buying it on the PC so I can use the G27

I can assure you that the XB1 version wasn't supposed to ship like this, the current issues popping up were not seen by SMS before. Finding out what's causing this is now the fun part...

Ian Bell
08-05-2015, 15:44
I can assure you that the XB1 version wasn't supposed to ship like this, the current issues popping up were not seen by SMS before. Finding out what's causing this is now the fun part...

Only some are seeing issues. Don't forget we passed Microsofts strict TCR's and accreditation.

We're trying to repro the issue now. It seems there's some occasional lapses in controller behaviour that also seem to be leading to occasional screen freezes, lag.

We'll get to the bottom of it and get a patch out as soon as it's nailed.

jam1uk
08-05-2015, 15:57
Only some are seeing issues. Don't forget we passed Microsofts strict TCR's and accreditation.

We're trying to repro the issue now. It seems there's some occasional lapses in controller behaviour that also seem to be leading to occasional screen freezes, lag.

thats great news,
You may have been told this but i have noticed the first install which had an update first didnt take long to install but i am re i stalli g and it seems to be taking ages
Steerin g seems better when you put deadzone to zero but still doesnt like hard left to immediate hard right or right to left chiquane at donnington for example,
karts are terrible to drive
Hope this helps and hope you get to the bottom of all the problems as quick as possible, many thanks

Bugalugz
08-05-2015, 16:06
Good luck guys and thanks for the responses. It's reassuring you're looking into it as a priority.

I'd say it's particularly bad for me in Karts when you start career at the first step. I've not yet completed the 2 laps, sometimes can't turn the wheel enough to get around corners, and when trying to flick the kart into the bend the steering seems to not respond to a Scandinavian flic,k and only registers the first movement leaving me in a wall with the wheels pointing in the opposite directing to the thumb stick.

Seems very strange that the issues would affect some Xbox's and not others, if you guys can't replicate it, it might be a few very late nights :) My Xbox is the Day One Release and the controller is an official one bought at the same time (not day one) on the current firmware/update. If you'd like to know anything else about my setup that could help you replicate it, pm me.

_mrP_
08-05-2015, 16:16

I cannot believe that game can be a total mess for some -in so many different things- and at the same time be perfect for some others, with exactly the same hardware. I hope you are right.
here is my ..occasional contribution to investigate: clicky (http://gameclipscontent-d2008.xboxlive.com/asset-e6e0665d-1500-80c3-7a30-f1e4f4a268a7/GameClip-Original.MP4?sv=2013-08-15&sr=c&sig=GUVg3noMtBsxfDjxZegUDKoPEPE%2BzgNPvdsmkv6Fg7A%3D&st=2015-05-08T16%3A05%3A09Z&se=2015-05-08T17%3A10%3A09Z&sp=r&__gda__=1431105009_d89d2ee716e7fed63aedb7c797bbcfa2)
cheers

HEF51
08-05-2015, 16:22
I cannot believe that game can be a total mess for some -in so many different things- and at the same time be perfect for some others, with exactly the same hardware. I hope you are right.
here is my ..occasional contribution to investigate: clicky (http://gameclipscontent-d2008.xboxlive.com/asset-e6e0665d-1500-80c3-7a30-f1e4f4a268a7/GameClip-Original.MP4?sv=2013-08-15&sr=c&sig=GUVg3noMtBsxfDjxZegUDKoPEPE%2BzgNPvdsmkv6Fg7A%3D&st=2015-05-08T16%3A05%3A09Z&se=2015-05-08T17%3A10%3A09Z&sp=r&__gda__=1431105009_d89d2ee716e7fed63aedb7c797bbcfa2)
cheers
Wow that was terrible.

Ian Bell
08-05-2015, 16:26
cheers

Yes, that's clearly severely messed up and certainly would not have passed 1st party checks from Microsoft.

Thanks for the vid, that helps. We have our guys on it now as a top priority.

Bugalugz
08-05-2015, 16:29
cheers

It simulated you falling asleep at the wheel, power of Kinect!! :D

Lee van Davo
08-05-2015, 16:31
We're not trying to be a pain in the ass. These are the issues we've been having and its great to know theyre going to be delt with cos this game will be awesome, some of it is now.

SuperTidosho
08-05-2015, 16:37
Have you guys tried turning down some detail settings? It might be worth a shot, until another patch is released. At your career dashboard, press your controller's Menu button (the one with the three lines on), and select Options & Help, then Visuals.

I know, I know, we shouldn't have to, but give Ian and SMS a chance. Even iPhones with iOS have issues specific to individuals, and they're supposed to be all the same internals too. We find bugs, we let them know, they look into it. That was what got Project CARS sat in your console right now, and on a $3.7 million budget? An achievement in itself! Hang on, is that the distinct "budink!" of an achievement unlocking? Yeah!

Achievement Unlocked!

100G - Wheel Miracle! - Created a Forza killer on a 90% or less budget!

Haha! Stick with them, I know I will be. Ian, thank you and the guys so much!

formulagonzo
08-05-2015, 16:38
Like a lot of people in this thread I'm very frustrated with the product right now. However, it is good to see that the Head of the Studio on the forums to see the problems that we are experiencing. Most game developers just hideaway from the problems and let forum moderators take the flack for them. Hopefully in a few weeks there will be a patch.

_mrP_
08-05-2015, 16:38
Yes, that's clearly severely messed up and certainly would not have passed 1st party checks from Microsoft.

Thanks for the vid, that helps. We have our guys on it now as a top priority.
but how can you be so sure? it did pass your own tests, didnt it?

You are welcome, it is my opinion that a public plan "going forward" would really help fight the frustration.
like, be really vocal (and quick) about what you find and when you plan to fix.
trust me, I am not a minority that has various problems. I have a rather large group of race player contacts and not even one of them said that he hasnt run into a game breaking glitch.

edit

Achievement Unlocked!

100G - Wheel Miracle! - Created a Forza killer on a 90% or less budget!

may I suggest that we completely skip these ...achievements and focus on work that needs to be done?

Ian Bell
08-05-2015, 16:43
but how can you be so sure? it did pass your own tests, didnt it?

You are welcome, it is my opinion that a public plan "going forward" would really help fight the frustration.
like, be really vocal (and quick) about what you find and when you plan to fix.
trust me, I am not a minority that has various problems. I have a rather large group of race player contacts and not even one of them said that he hasnt run into a game breaking glitch.

Because we hired a large external professional QA company to test for months. This was followed by Namco's internal testing which then was followed by Microsoft testing it. This wasn't seen and it's clearly very obvious.

Ian Bell
08-05-2015, 16:48
Mr P, was that in an online race?

Robert Dibley
08-05-2015, 16:49
cheers
That's a seriously long stall there - clearly something has gone badly wrong - what game mode were you playing in (we've seen smaller stalls in multiplayer when another player joins an already running game, but nothing as long as that)

Also, did you have anything else going on, e.g. a background download / install of another game ?

_mrP_
08-05-2015, 17:01
That's a seriously long stall there - clearly something has gone badly wrong - what game mode were you playing in (we've seen smaller stalls in multiplayer when another player joins an already running game, but nothing as long as that)

Also, did you have anything else going on, e.g. a background download / install of another game ?
time trial of some sort. not online definitely. if the car is the m1 pro car, could be the community event? not sure.
it has happened many times, its not a one time thing. also various other things happen too.
no, no downloading/background downloading/install of any kind. and LAN completely traffic-free, only the console uses it.

SuperTidosho
08-05-2015, 17:19
may I suggest that we completely skip these ...achievements and focus on work that needs to be done?

It was a joke :) Are you the kind of guy that doesn't have fun while you're working?

formulagonzo
08-05-2015, 17:23
In regards to _MrP_ video I have had the same issue on the Barcelona F1 track in free practice mode whilst driving a Formula B car. It was between corners 7 and 8 going up the hill. The weather was sunny.

I have also had the same issue on the Zhuhai track in China. This time it was a quick race mode with Renault Clio Cup Cars (16 total). The issue hit as the weather was changing to rain on this occassion.

If it's of any relevance I have the digitial download edition. I also have a launch Xbox One and my kinect was plugged in at the time.

Cooper_si
08-05-2015, 17:24
Some interesting reading peeps!

Im a huge Forza Fan, and when i saw this game i thought YES! This is the game ive been waiting for without the need to buy a PC lol. I really see the potential in this game, and im over looking the frame rate for now, and the odd sound glitches now and then, but i can see why others would be totally frustrated when the likes of other games it doesnt happen.

To see that the owners of SMS are straight on to looking at issues really is a good thing to see.

My glitches always seem to be "cornering" on tracks like Brand hatch (Druids bend, Cooper Straight, Hawthorn Bend) and also Oulton Park (Shell oils corner, Brittens chicane) and it seems to do this on a lap to lap basis. The sound can happen at any time on any track and goes all Warbley (best i can describe it lol) At the time i was racing a Ginetta G40.

Pad is up to date, so is the xbox. Was in career mode but i haven't tried any other mode to recreate it. I have no steering issues either from the pad using the standard setting.

Im really looking forward to how this pans out....

Simon

_mrP_
08-05-2015, 17:33
In regards to _MrP_ video I have had the same issue on the Barcelona F1 track in free practice mode whilst driving a Formula B car. It was between corners 7 and 8 going up the hill. The weather was sunny.

I have also had the same issue on the Zhuhai track in China. This time it was a quick race mode with Renault Clio Cup Cars (16 total). The issue hit as the weather was changing to rain on this occassion.

If it's of any relevance I have the digitial download edition. I also have a launch Xbox One and my kinect was plugged in at the time.

if I am allowed to speculate, I think pointing out the turns has nothing to do with what happens. example, does this happen to you EVERY time you pass through those corners? because on my game its random.
what I *understand/guess* is that for reasons unknown to me the game seems to overfill itself with something, then eventually crumbles under its own weight.
in my video, as you can see, its the most easy conditions you can expect: no weather, no night, no forty opponent cars, not even one car, not online, and a straight line. yet it choked.
other times it crawls less, and instead of screen freezing for 3-5 seconds, you get slowdowns either in sound, or in framerate, or in control, or all of them, and again taxing or not taxing conditions on screen seem to have not much to do with it.

edit

My glitches always seem to be "cornering" on tracks like Brand hatch (Druids bend, Cooper Straight, Hawthorn Bend) and also Oulton Park (Shell oils corner, Brittens chicane) and it seems to do this on a lap to lap basis. The sound can happen at any time on any track and goes all Warbley (best i can describe it lol) At the time i was racing a Ginetta G40.

I dont know who Warbley is (sorry mr warbley) but I have something that resembles the sound glitches I get.
clicky (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBClImpnfAg&feature=youtu.be&t=1m58s)
close enough? http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/images/icons/icon6.png

formulagonzo
08-05-2015, 17:41
if I am allowed to speculate, I think pointing out the turns has nothing to do with what happens. example, does this happen to you EVERY time you pass through those corners? because on my game its random.
what I *understand/guess* is that for reasons unknown to me the game seems to overfill itself with something, then eventually crumbles under its own weight.
in my video, as you can see, its the most easy conditions you can expect: no weather, no night, no forty opponent cars, not even one car, not online, and a straight line. yet it choked.
other times it crawls less, and instead of screen freezing for 3-5 seconds, you get slowdowns either in sound, or in framerate, or in control, or all of them, and again taxing or not taxing conditions on screen seem to have not much to do with it.

I completely agree. The second time it happened to me was on a straight. I just thought I would say which corners it was between in Spain for further detail.

I'm getting this problem when playing in free practice mode by myself in dry weather, which as you say shouldn't be overly stressing the console in terms of performance.

could_do_better
08-05-2015, 17:43
Got anything else attached? I would unplug everything, Kinect included. Just for testing to see if it can help narrow the issue down.

formulagonzo
08-05-2015, 17:48
Got anything else attached? I would unplug everything, Kinect included. Just for testing to see if it can help narrow the issue down.

Since unplugging my Kinect I have had less issues. But correlation and causality are not the same thing so I'm not willing to draw conclusions at this stage.

Cooper_si
08-05-2015, 17:53
I dont know who Warbley is (sorry mr warbley) but I have something that resembles the sound glitches I get.
clicky (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBClImpnfAg&feature=youtu.be&t=1m58s)
close enough? http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/images/icons/icon6.png

Yep thats got it on the nose ! haha. See, told you, warbley lol

Onehandband1t
08-05-2015, 18:04

Will you address the frame drop on the graphics on xBox One ? Drove at Silverstone and Zolder yesterday and the frame drop in some turns is a gamebraker, the same happens when it rains and on several other tracks. It feels like playing on an under powered computer in the old days.:

Well they are pretty low powered

_mrP_
08-05-2015, 18:07
Well they are pretty low powered

thank you for your participation and contribution. if it is to go like this, then its pretty clear what I have to do.
(you are a member/moderator, arent you?)

Patrik Marek
08-05-2015, 18:29
it's maybe 4-5 years when I remember buying a game, installing it and it would play well, without issues, right out of the box. In todays world, many (if not all) games are buggy when released, sad but true.
Some people who reported handling issues on Xb1 also reported these go away after they updated firmware on their controllers, might be something as a starting point, unless you already have done it

Plato99
08-05-2015, 18:35
Could be far worse. Look at Grid Autosport.

thestory
08-05-2015, 19:03
Unfortunately i see here a very lot of people disapointed by this Pcars game.
I'm of these peoples. The commercial advertisement was showing us wonderfull pictures and features.
But for my case, i think that the game have not been sufficiently tested on all the platforms announced.
When i launch the game under steam or desktop icon nothing happens.
I have succeed to launch it two time. That's all.
I'm not a novice in software and electronic system so the issue come well from the game.
i'm running on PC with WIN7 64 bits but i see that all other platforms don't perform as well also.
I think, looking to all the comments, that the fixes will not be done very fast cause you at Mad studio have a really great job to do
with all these issues to fixe.
hope you will do the job because a very very lot of people are waiting the promise you have done and the game is not free.
Thanks.

ferrari jason
08-05-2015, 19:47
I am with you gamer1963 I have had the same things when I was playing project cars I hope these thing are all fixed in the future I am very disappointed :mad:

same here well disappointed with all the faults ive tried to get the hang of it but it just doesn`t feel like im actually in control of the car

could_do_better
08-05-2015, 19:51
Unfortunately i see here a very lot of people disapointed by this Pcars game.
I'm of these peoples. The commercial advertisement was showing us wonderfull pictures and features.
But for my case, i think that the game have not been sufficiently tested on all the platforms announced.
When i launch the game under steam or desktop icon nothing happens.
I have succeed to launch it two time. That's all.
I'm not a novice in software and electronic system so the issue come well from the game.
i'm running on PC with WIN7 64 bits but i see that all other platforms don't perform as well also.
I think, looking to all the comments, that the fixes will not be done very fast cause you at Mad studio have a really great job to do
with all these issues to fixe.
hope you will do the job because a very very lot of people are waiting the promise you have done and the game is not free.
Thanks.

The PC version and Steam is one thing that has been tested to death. 10,000 WMD members regularly downloaded the daily build and made comments.

I'm not sure exactly what your issue is but I can say it is probably a local issue on your PC as so many other people do not have the same issue.

Hopefully some else will recognise the symptom and give you a quick answer.

Archenemy300
08-05-2015, 20:02
same here well disappointed with all the faults ive tried to get the hang of it but it just doesn`t feel like im actually in control of the car

Im having the same faults. Been waiting since nov 2014 for this game. My first race at brands hatch in the rs500. Car automatically leaves the pits. Drives through another car on exit. The sponsor screen band on windscreen is flickering. First corner massive frame rate drop. Second corner the same. Starts raining after a couple laps and the game gets worse. The game is awful on overcast weather. You can see white spots all over the track. Sound keeps dropping in and out. Ai go through you or just stick to you like a magnet. So dissapointed. Tryed to play it but have given up. Contacted microsoft and have had a refund. Hopefully a patch will be made to sort this and may download again in the future. Once again very dissapointed.

ferrari jason
08-05-2015, 21:20
Im having the same faults. Been waiting since nov 2014 for this game. My first race at brands hatch in the rs500. Car automatically leaves the pits. Drives through another car on exit. The sponsor screen band on windscreen is flickering. First corner massive frame rate drop. Second corner the same. Starts raining after a couple laps and the game gets worse. The game is awful on overcast weather. You can see white spots all over the track. Sound keeps dropping in and out. Ai go through you or just stick to you like a magnet. So dissapointed. Tryed to play it but have given up. Contacted microsoft and have had a refund. Hopefully a patch will be made to sort this and may download again in the future. Once again very dissapointed.

your lucky with the refund ive got the disc and cex only offering 26 with voucher and 18 cash

Archenemy300
08-05-2015, 21:40
your lucky with the refund ive got the disc and cex only offering 26 with voucher and 18 cash

I downloaded it from the microsoft store. Contacted them and they were understanding and i have 49.99 credit to spend. Still not seen a review of this game on the xbox. Wonder why! Can't believe it got released with all these faults.

smokinmasta
08-05-2015, 22:22
Only thing im hoping for on the Xbox is the pad issue to be fixed soon........there again i have my PC version to fall back on until then :) Oddly enough the same Xbox ONE pads plays pretty well on the PC version :)

DevlinGFS
08-05-2015, 22:35
I too have had a refund from Microsoft. Explained the issues I was having and they have refunded the money back onto my card.

I didn't see what all the fuss was to begin with, but slowly it started to creep in. Initially little things but eventually, every race different game breaking bugs. From my car flipping upside down in the pits, the weird snow flake things all over the track, weird black smudges during night races making it impossible to see anything, sound distortion, the game slowing down constantly to even locking up on me and crashing.

Some of the cars are just horrible to drive on a pad with no assists, not much better when I enabled the assists either. Even going relatively slow, smoothly steering around a corner sends the Caterham Super 7 into some sort of uncontrollable super spin.

I admire what was set out here, and wish the studio the very best of luck, but I've been here before. TDU 2 never got fixed. Battlefield 4 did, after months of waiting. 50 is a lot of money to shell out for something that doesn't work.

I feel really disappointed, I so badly want a more serious racing game with night/day, weather, pit strategy, race weekends on Xbox One, but this falls way short of the mark in terms of quality. I may revisit if things are fixed, but I'd rather do so when the game is 20 in 6 months time and the game is running smoothly.

From now on, no more preorders for me, I'm going to wait for a game to be fully scrutinized before I take the plunge. Early adopters are the ones who miss out big time, the expense and frustration. Preorders have taken a massive dive in the UK and Europe, it's not hard to see why. I hope publishers start taking note and give the devs the time they need. Even after the delays, at least on Xbox One, this game just wasn't ready.

Megalomanic87
08-05-2015, 22:39
Personally, i'm not disappointed in this game at all!
Ok ok, we're all a little bothered from the bugs, but no doubt they will be fixed within the next few days, the devs have worked hard to get the game to where it is and i'm sure they won't throw it away now.

Loving this game, well done to SMS.

ctd
08-05-2015, 22:48
Personally, i'm not disappointed in this game at all!
Ok ok, we're all a little bothered from the bugs, but no doubt they will be fixed within the next few days, the devs have worked hard to get the game to where it is and i'm sure they won't throw it away now.

Loving this game, well done to SMS.

Exactly, it has been a long ride since oct 2011. Why on Earth should they throw it away now. :dejection: As I have come to know the dev's I can guarantee they will do all in their capacity to work this out.

Anyone prepared to make a bet with me. :cool:

Jay sysum
08-05-2015, 22:50
I think there was always going to be so many issues with this game at launch but I really didn't care, I just wanted to be able to play it and be part of the second crowd to help develops the game and test it.

I am playing on Xbox one and yes there are issues but there are so many issues still with Forza 5 yet there developing Forza 6. Anyway enough about Forza, this game for me will no doubt get better over the next year. Enjoy it for what it is, a game in progress having had a few failed releases. It will get better, have faith ;-)

DevlinGFS
08-05-2015, 23:53
I think there was always going to be so many issues with this game at launch but I really didn't care, I just wanted to be able to play it and be part of the second crowd to help develops the game and test it.

It's attitudes like this that have gotten us to where we are today. I mean no disrespect, but you do know this is a full priced retail release don't you? It's not a less than half price early access game or beta.

It is expected for a game (sadly) to have glitches when it releases these days. For a game to have this many bug, game breaking ones at that, isn't really acceptable in my eyes.

Firstly, a little perspective. This games development hasn't been exactly the norm. I don't know the full details, no doubt they could have secured full funding and had relatively little to no public input. It's admirable what they have done, and I agree to where they have gotten to. Let's not forget though, the studio isn't comprised of amateurs making mods in their own time. Sure the community input is exactly that, but quality falls on the shoulders of the professionals.

You could argue the game isn't a triple AAA title, with the funding and development a full title would normally have. I counter with the argument that it shouldn't have been marketed in that way nor should it be a full price title in that case.

Secondly I don't think the game should be ripped to shreds by people, the devs are people who have put the hours in, blood sweat and tears. For that it is admirable, but this blinkered fan boy attitude isn't going to get anyone anywhere ever. For a failure to be resolved it has to first be acknowledged and those responsible held accountable.

That brings me onto my third and final point. The publishers. With the delays the game suffered, I'm under no illusions the pressure to ship the game by the devs must have been immense. Maybe they asked for more time, but you know, shareholders need profits. Usually at any expense. If that's the case I feel for the devs, however they are the ones that made the game and set out their terms initially.

I'm glad people are enjoying the game. I'm absolutely positive the devs will do everything they can to make things right, but again, the publishers will have agreed to a plan for DLC to be rolled out. This equals more profits for them. This is usually why games don't have all their bugs fixed or receive the attention they need. So whilst the intention may be there, that doesn't automatically mean everything will be ok.

It will certainly be more than a few days before this game is anywhere near playable for many Xbox users. Perhaps months. I paid to play now, not then. I bought into the game, rightly or wrongly, expecting it to work. So whilst some of you may be willing to overlook the issues, or set them aside, please remember it's that attitude that got us here in the first place.

The issues come out, people complain, get refunds, return discs, the game doesn't sell as well as expected. Drops in price due to all the second hand discs. The inevitable sequel perhaps get's cancelled due to low sales, or maybe it does get released but has a smaller budget as the publisher doesn't have as much faith in sales.

Hopefully this wont be the case for pCARS, but it is for many other games that have had the same issues before it.

Either way, that's my opinion. I try to be as balanced and objective as possible. I've had my refund and hope to be able to return when everything is hopefully fixed. Until then enjoy what you can, don't dismiss those with legitimate concerns, as they may never return or move on quicker than they otherwise would have.

Insayn Xm
09-05-2015, 04:08

I am playing on Xbox one and yes there are issues but there are so many issues still with Forza 5 yet there developing Forza 6. Anyway enough about Forza, this game for me will no doubt get better over the next year. Enjoy it for what it is, a game in progress having had a few failed releases. It will get better, have faith ;-)

Why is it that people, such as yourself, complain about the bugs in Forza, but then say have faith that this game will get better?

Slightly Mad Studios are not releasing their first game with this one, and not their first driving game either. Originally we were told it was going to be a November 2014 release, that came and went due to bugs being ironed out, then came 2 more delays for the same reasons. Finally we get the game a whole 6 months later, and after 5 hours of trying to figure out why the hell I have gone from being able to turn the Xbox on and have a drive, to not being able to even ease the car across a straight at speed I am pretty close to giving up and trading the game in.

I am aware there are countless work arounds for the game pad users such as myself to get the controls less twitchy, but these work arounds don't fix the full steering lock bug. Nor do they allow me to use my Turtle Beach X0 four headphones without losing sounds under braking, and then losing all control over my gear selection. These make the game unplayable.

Basically, after 6 months worth of delays, then paying the same for this as any other AAA title, it just simply isn't good enough. I don't care if it was crowd funded, or not a AAA title, when releasing a game for the same $ as a AAA title, you need to be just as good or people will be left feeling ripped off.

AsHeavenIsWide
09-05-2015, 04:56
I am pretty sure a patch can fix the controller disaster but can a patch really fix the aweful frame rate issues?

Also dont microsoft take forever to push a patch through? We could be waiting weeks. Not good.

2000Viper
09-05-2015, 05:12
O great... I have to wait until May 12 and I can be expecting problems with FPS on a system as powerful as the ONE.... Maybe I just need to hook up my super computer to the whole racing chair.. dang it.

menaceuk
09-05-2015, 05:58
It's attitudes like this that have gotten us to where we are today. I mean no disrespect, but you do know this is a full priced retail release don't you? It's not a less than half price early access game or beta.

It is expected for a game (sadly) to have glitches when it releases these days. For a game to have this many bug, game breaking ones at that, isn't really acceptable in my eyes.

Firstly, a little perspective. This games development hasn't been exactly the norm. I don't know the full details, no doubt they could have secured full funding and had relatively little to no public input. It's admirable what they have done, and I agree to where they have gotten to. Let's not forget though, the studio isn't comprised of amateurs making mods in their own time. Sure the community input is exactly that, but quality falls on the shoulders of the professionals.

You could argue the game isn't a triple AAA title, with the funding and development a full title would normally have. I counter with the argument that it shouldn't have been marketed in that way nor should it be a full price title in that case.

Secondly I don't think the game should be ripped to shreds by people, the devs are people who have put the hours in, blood sweat and tears. For that it is admirable, but this blinkered fan boy attitude isn't going to get anyone anywhere ever. For a failure to be resolved it has to first be acknowledged and those responsible held accountable.

That brings me onto my third and final point. The publishers. With the delays the game suffered, I'm under no illusions the pressure to ship the game by the devs must have been immense. Maybe they asked for more time, but you know, shareholders need profits. Usually at any expense. If that's the case I feel for the devs, however they are the ones that made the game and set out their terms initially.

I'm glad people are enjoying the game. I'm absolutely positive the devs will do everything they can to make things right, but again, the publishers will have agreed to a plan for DLC to be rolled out. This equals more profits for them. This is usually why games don't have all their bugs fixed or receive the attention they need. So whilst the intention may be there, that doesn't automatically mean everything will be ok.

It will certainly be more than a few days before this game is anywhere near playable for many Xbox users. Perhaps months. I paid to play now, not then. I bought into the game, rightly or wrongly, expecting it to work. So whilst some of you may be willing to overlook the issues, or set them aside, please remember it's that attitude that got us here in the first place.

The issues come out, people complain, get refunds, return discs, the game doesn't sell as well as expected. Drops in price due to all the second hand discs. The inevitable sequel perhaps get's cancelled due to low sales, or maybe it does get released but has a smaller budget as the publisher doesn't have as much faith in sales.

Hopefully this wont be the case for pCARS, but it is for many other games that have had the same issues before it.

Either way, that's my opinion. I try to be as balanced and objective as possible. I've had my refund and hope to be able to return when everything is hopefully fixed. Until then enjoy what you can, don't dismiss those with legitimate concerns, as they may never return or move on quicker than they otherwise would have.

This is a game fully funded by the general public. There is no reason for the publisher to put pressure on the developers. The publisher does not pay the devs wages, the publisher did not contribute to development. The publisher, in this case, only comes into play when the game is finished.

Bugs & glitches are nothing new, they have always existed in various states, ranging from small almost moot ones to full on game destroying ones. It is funny how short a memory a lot of gamers have.

As for the game, I think it is awesome. I am playing with a gamepad and have had no issues with it. The only real issue for this game, based on my experience, is the FPS issues. However, I have to wonder if this was cause by that day one patch, because from all the streams, videos, and impressions of the Xbox One version the FPS looked fine.

Mrbrown33
09-05-2015, 06:13
Has there ever been a game released that doesnt need a patch for one reason or another?

formulagonzo
09-05-2015, 09:23
Having unplugged my Kinect and set some of the visual effects to none I'm having alot less issues with frame rate than before. I'm now able to do multiple laps without encountering issues, whereas before I was getting the framerate issue on nearly every other lap. As a short term fix, until the patch, I would strongly recommend that others try this as well. It certainly makes the game much more playable and enjoyable!

menaceuk
09-05-2015, 09:39
Having unplugged my Kinect and set some of the visual effects to none I'm having alot less issues with frame rate than before. I'm now able to do multiple laps without encountering issues, whereas before I was getting the framerate issue on nearly every other lap. As a short term fix, until the patch, I would strongly recommend that others try this as well. It certainly makes the game much more playable and enjoyable!

I seem to have found another solution.

I was getting FPS drops/ slowdowns in nigh on every corner, but it seems that increasing FOV ( I am using helmet cam) has significantly alleviated the issue. The default FOV for helmet cam was 80, but I found it cut off the rear & side mirror in a lot of cars, so I changed it to 85 and whala, FPS issues seem about 90% sorted.

How strange.

Archenemy300
09-05-2015, 10:05
I too have had a refund from Microsoft. Explained the issues I was having and they have refunded the money back onto my card.

I didn't see what all the fuss was to begin with, but slowly it started to creep in. Initially little things but eventually, every race different game breaking bugs. From my car flipping upside down in the pits, the weird snow flake things all over the track, weird black smudges during night races making it impossible to see anything, sound distortion, the game slowing down constantly to even locking up on me and crashing.

Some of the cars are just horrible to drive on a pad with no assists, not much better when I enabled the assists either. Even going relatively slow, smoothly steering around a corner sends the Caterham Super 7 into some sort of uncontrollable super spin.

I admire what was set out here, and wish the studio the very best of luck, but I've been here before. TDU 2 never got fixed. Battlefield 4 did, after months of waiting. 50 is a lot of money to shell out for something that doesn't work.

I feel really disappointed, I so badly want a more serious racing game with night/day, weather, pit strategy, race weekends on Xbox One, but this falls way short of the mark in terms of quality. I may revisit if things are fixed, but I'd rather do so when the game is 20 in 6 months time and the game is running smoothly.

From now on, no more preorders for me, I'm going to wait for a game to be fully scrutinized before I take the plunge. Early adopters are the ones who miss out big time, the expense and frustration. Preorders have taken a massive dive in the UK and Europe, it's not hard to see why. I hope publishers start taking note and give the devs the time they need. Even after the delays, at least on Xbox One, this game just wasn't ready.

I totally agree with this. I tryed to put up with the faults but things get worse when you try other cars and tracks. If you own an xbox one just try brands hatch in a rs500 with overcast weather. The game is shockingly bad. I have gone back to grid autosport on the ps3 with the touring car legend pack. Graphics arent great but its playable and the racing is awesome. Will project cars ever run smoothly on the xbox one?? Ps4 reviews seem good. Strange.

Cooper_si
09-05-2015, 10:18
Had a good sesh this morning and weirdly enough very very slight fps issues. I did power down my xbox over night and booted it with the xbox splash screen this morning...could be a coincidence mind...

Sir Green Day
09-05-2015, 13:51
Aww. Did the WMD Portal member get his feelings hurt?

Ever hear of freedom of speech?

These are gamers who paid over $60 for a BROKEN game. As long as they don't make personal remarks, cuss etc. they have every right, no, duty, to speak up about this game.

This game IS broken.

Hundreds of posts in many forums can't all be wrong.

I live in the US and I was going to buy this game. No way am I going to buy this game now.

I appreciate all of my European friends who have enlightened those of us who live in a country in which the game hasn't been released, to this games many faults.

SMS really screwed up releasing this game in the US a full week later than everyobe else. Now, the largest gaming community in the world can see how badly this game is broken, BEFORE we buy it.

ncrowe
09-05-2015, 14:50
He got a right to voice his opinion especially as this game does feel unfinished.
I've been a massive player of for a series throughout but this game just plain sucks....you're
Supposed to be some kind of tuner out the box? My kart constantly spins goes the other way
The game goes into certain corners attempting to be from a bad matrix movie and all this for 50
Hmmmm

ncrowe
09-05-2015, 14:51
Well sais

espresso74
09-05-2015, 15:13
in Norway we pay 73 usd for hard copyright or 87 usd from xbox one online store. .. i allso gets all sorts if lag. But the worst for me is the controller issue. When i pay full price for a game, i actually expect it to work on the most basic things such as the controller. I know bugs and glitches happends, but that a game is unplayable out of the box on a locked system, i dont understand. I raced allot, both simracing and real cars. I Just cant seem to handle the cars i tested inn this game at all. Not even the clio. . its all over the place. Some corners it handles ok, but then my rearend suddently gets all twitchy and the car is unmanuvreble. Sweepers? Just forget to do a sweeper. .

I really hope these things all can be fixed in a patch, i really want to like this game.

Patrik Marek
13-05-2015, 02:00
speaking of controllers, some xb1 controllers are behaving weirdly on old firmware, it's an issue that has been reported and fixed by installing new firmware

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions

or also here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

ElusiveAura
13-05-2015, 02:45
I too am having issues with framerates, really bad/wonky controls and audio issues. I am on the latest firmware for my controller and the latest preview update for the xbox one. I have moved the game to my external hard drive and restarted from a complete power off and on. I've made sure the game does have the patch installed. I somehow managed to finish 1 small career contract with the karts and I will not go back to them. They're impossible to control. I'm now in the next cars, whatever they are after karts. They look like Indy. I am using SUPAAFLY's controller inputs from his post but the game is still so difficult to control. It's like there is still small input lag in the controller to the game. The abrupt steering and brake/acceleration problems are making it difficult to even complete 1 lap cleanly.

I am also noticing screen tearing fairly frequently. I'm going to give this game a chance but with how many times I've been burned this generation with PS4 and Xbox One games, it's really difficult to wait too long. I saw the patch notes and frankly, I don't have much hope for it. It doesn't mention all the controller issues that I see we are experiencing. I do see it talks about rumble in the triggers but I just want to be able to race cleanly and compete. To me, the game is broken in a sense that it still feels beta. To me, a $60 purchase shouldn't need patches to make the fundamental core of the game to work properly. We shouldn't have to do this much tweaking. Like I said, after driveclub, assassins creed, halo MCC and many other games, this generation of gaming has left a bad taste in my mouth. I just hope all the issues I have mentioned and that others have brought up are fixed really quickly.

ChipWood
13-05-2015, 03:18
just build a pc and get it on there.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8mcVXL

Bob Loblaw
13-05-2015, 06:53
"Clearly you had set your bar FAR too high on what to expect from the game on release day. This is not a AAA title, it's been created by a studio on their own with crowd funding and they have done a REMARKABLE job to get the game made on a very small budget. Yes games release with bugs and glitches (just remember EVERY COD game), the online world we live in, now allows for patches to be released post release and will greatly improve the game. So just be patient and things will all work themselves out."

First of all, not one "COD" game has been released that has been unplayable like Project Cars currently is with the Frame Rate Dropout, Intermittent Sound Problems and unresponsive steering problems. If it was a simple unforeseen glitch, you'd definitely see a more forgiving reception from the majority of these people and myself. Its of your complete negligence to release such a broken game and the repercussions have only begun based on the increasing internet chatter.

Martin G Webb
13-05-2015, 07:07
There are problems and issues, some are from SMS, some are from M$ and others are to do with users own hardware, this was always going to happen as others have pointed out many titles have been released on this format with the same or higher levels of issues, we all get that and yes this is the place to speak your mind about those issues.

This is also the place to discuss how these issues can be resolved, if you're interested in making it work. If you're not then as some have done, you can walk away and do what you need to do.

This is not a place for personal attacks or flaming of members and SMS, YES there are issues, YES SMS are working on them and YES other members are here to help, civility and respect cost nothing.

I have enough respect to read threads like this, without resorting to childish name calling or attacking them personally. You have the right to speak your mind here but let's keep it civil.

RubberDave
13-05-2015, 07:07
Remember when GTA V made everyone wait a month before letting anyone play online, and what happened when it finally did become available? That from the biggest selling game ever, I'm willing to give SMS, in a community backed project, the time to sort things out.

menaceuk
13-05-2015, 07:10
"Clearly you had set your bar FAR too high on what to expect from the game on release day. This is not a AAA title, it's been created by a studio on their own with crowd funding and they have done a REMARKABLE job to get the game made on a very small budget. Yes games release with bugs and glitches (just remember EVERY COD game), the online world we live in, now allows for patches to be released post release and will greatly improve the game. So just be patient and things will all work themselves out."

First of all, not one "COD" game has been released that has been unplayable like Project Cars currently is with the Frame Rate Dropout, Intermittent Sound Problems and unresponsive steering problems. If it was a simple unforeseen glitch, you'd definitely see a more forgiving reception from the majority of these people and myself. Its of your complete negligence to release such a broken game and the repercussions have only begun based on the increasing internet chatter.

I LMAO. Not only does COD drop frames all the time, but it also has its own issues. Lag compensation for example, glitches that totally ruin the online experience, etc. All franchises suffer this at one point or another. Difference is that COD has the same problems it has had for years. Project CARS is completely new. Look at Assassins creed, a huge AAA game with big budgets and it had terrible performance issues. Look at Gears of War 2 and all the online problems that plagued it. Look at Fallout 3 which had numerous game-breaking bugs. Etc.

Is this an excuse for Project CARS and its issues, no. This is simply a reminder that this is gaming and games often have issues, doesn't matter if it is a long standing huge AAA franchise or a new AAA/Low budget title.

Bob Loblaw
14-05-2015, 15:50
Hilarious! Your ignorance is astounding to say the absolute least related to minor glitches from COD releases. Do not fret though, as I've convinced everyone in my office who was interested in Project Cars not to waste their money or time and it's in their best interest to avoid future titles from the "fly by night" company known as Slightly Mad Studios.

mister dog
14-05-2015, 16:04
Hilarious! Your ignorance is astounding to say the absolute least related to minor glitches from COD releases. Do not fret though, as I've convinced everyone in my office who was interested in Project Cars not to waste their money or time and it's in their best interest to avoid future titles from the "fly by night" company known as Slightly Mad Studios.

I hope your colleagues are mature enough to form their own opinion, otherwise they would miss out on a great racing game because of one mans grudges :lemo:

jgaganas
14-05-2015, 16:12
Do not fret though, as I've convinced everyone in my office who was interested in Project Cars not to waste their money or time and it's in their best interest to avoid future titles from the "fly by night" company known as Slightly Mad Studios.

Thats the spirit... makes the world (and it's racing games) so much better! :P

menaceuk
14-05-2015, 16:28

It isn't ignorance at all. It was a simple statement showing how a title you referenced( and other games) does indeed suffer from issues, both small, and gameplay impacting.

ctd
14-05-2015, 16:33

I don't understand. The issues you describe are the typical XBox1 issues we all can read about. But in your profile you state you are on PC plattform. Have you really tried the game on PC? Because here on my side I have no issues with FPS dropouts, sound problems or unresponsive steering problems.

Lukeymonster
14-05-2015, 17:34
Check the different threads out there. There are tons of people on there willing to offer advice to improve your experience. My first day I came onto the forums looking for help and I am glad that I did. There are tons of threads with workaround for FPS issues. That troubleshooting and my own solutions have solved a lot of my issues. Im running a near flawless game with barely any frame drops even with 45 opponents and demanding weather conditions. For me it is a fantastic game that was well worth the money. The other issues will be patched.

Bob Loblaw
16-05-2015, 04:54
They've already read numerous complaints on various websites over the "major" problems with the game. The damage has been done and Projects Cars will soon be nothing more than a table coaster that people will look at with disgust.

Bob Loblaw
16-05-2015, 04:56
It's complete and total ignorance because not one COD title to date has been rendered "unplayable". Project Cars is unplayable and the supporters of Project Cars either have extremely low expectations or haven't played other racing simulation titles.

ocat1979
16-05-2015, 05:01
It's complete and total ignorance because not one COD title to date has been rendered "unplayable". Project Cars is unplayable and the supporters of Project Cars either have extremely low expectations or haven't played other racing simulation titles.

Well I've been playing since day one. Career, time trials, multiplayer, free practice. The game is far from unplayable

koda.72
16-05-2015, 05:04
Well I've been playing since day one. Career, time trials, multiplayer, free practice. The game is far from unplayable

Agreed. Once I got the settings right and figured out which cars I can drive, its been nearly flawless. I think that the people who think the patch will fix their handling woes, are in for a big disappointment.

CPU M Rossi
16-05-2015, 05:27
Agreed. Once I got the settings right and figured out which cars I can drive, its been nearly flawless. I think that the people who think the patch will fix their handling woes, are in for a big disappointment.
handling a tough car to drive is one thing but having the steering go full lock after just about 60% makes it even tougher.

axxion
16-05-2015, 22:42
With the issues i am having with wheels(yes wheels i have tried 2 different ones) and to be honest just general faffing about trying to set things up right which to me makes you feel completely detached from the car which it should, it's wrecked the game for me especially having to wait so long for it in the first place. For the amount of time faffing i could have been having some decent races on forza.

Umer Ahmad
16-05-2015, 22:48
After the controller stuff is fixed i will personally ban the first person to complain he's spinning out the F-A in the rain on cold slicks.

t0daY
16-05-2015, 22:48
With the issues i am having with wheels(yes wheels i have tried 2 different ones) and to be honest just general faffing about trying to set things up right which to me makes you feel completely detached from the car which it should, it's wrecked the game for me especially having to wait so long for it in the first place. For the amount of time faffing i could have been having some decent races on forza.

Hey axxion, if you have problems with your wheel setup and/or ffb settings just have a look here:

- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE
- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Btw i can not imagine why people still comparing forza with project cars, but it is only my personal opinion :D

axxion
16-05-2015, 22:57
Cheers for the links but in another post i have flagged why the calibrations don't work and the steering wheel present options

Btw i can not imagine why people still comparing forza with project cars, but it is only my personal opinion :D

In reference to this to me they are both racing games none of this sim nonsense. They both have cars, tracks and you use a wheel but so far forza to me feels more real and it just works with any control out of the box straight away.

Gunflight
16-05-2015, 23:55
Cheers for the links but in another post i have flagged why the calibrations don't work and the steering wheel present options

In reference to this to me they are both racing games none of this sim nonsense. They both have cars, tracks and you use a wheel but so far forza to me feels more real and it just works with any control out of the box straight away.

Yes. As the game exists in its current state, Forza 5 beats this game by a mile!

Beamin
17-05-2015, 00:03
Yes. As the game exists in its current state, Forza 5 beats this game by a mile!

The refinement of Forza vs Project cars.. Is like comparing a Rolls Royce and a mud flap on a potato.

Forza is looking really good right now.

koda.72
17-05-2015, 02:02
After the controller stuff is fixed i will personally ban the first person to complain he's spinning out the F-A in the rain on cold slicks.

So now I am an even bigger fan of SMS. Bring on the ban hammer!!!!

There may only be a handful left after the patch... just saying ;)

Jay sysum
19-05-2015, 16:36
The sound issue for Turtle Beach headphones can easily be solved by plugging your charger cable into the front port of the controller and into the Xbox. Not the port on the underside of the controller that charges the battery. The port where your index fingers rest.

As for controlling the cars with a pad I initially had problems like most people but have adjusted settings to suit and am more than happy with how the cars handle in GT 3 and LM1 classes. That being said I already know the settings need changing for GT 5, but I currently plan on staying with GT 3 cars for some time and probably learning more about setting the cars up.

Please feel free to try the setup explained on my YouTube video below

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbgZzNFnenA"]

There are a number of issues which are no doubt being addressed and I can understand people wanting refunds. For me the game is definitely as playable as Forza which I am sick of playing over the years to be honest. The different tracks, car characteristics, competition, weather cycles, helmet cam, sound etc are all awesome.

As I said before this game will only get better with no need to add DLC. As with Forza, I haven't once bought car packs as I see no need to drive other cars with so much choice already. Tracks have always been my main focus and PCARS is full of them. Give me any GT 3 car and just 30 tracks and I'm happy.

Sort out the frame rate issues (which don't seem as bad in helmet cam), better lighting effects for the track during full darkness (I found it hard to make out the edge of the track during night races at Bathurst) sort out the sound issue so you can play wirelessly. AI problems with them not pitting during a race, although the rules state it, and add the pit crews. Oh and also make damage about 100% more severe. You can still smack the barriers and get away with it or collide with other cars with no major damage. Also the glitchy nature of online races which is evident in another of my YouTube clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1RBNXDbcto

I'm not over the moon with the quality of the game at release but I'm happy to be finally playing this game and I have found work arounds for initial problems which give me plenty of joy to continue gaming.

HEF51
22-05-2015, 03:44
I know it does for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHHuEJfx5yA

(mod edit: moved to existing rant thread)

Supaaafly
22-05-2015, 05:15
This video is a prime example of what many developers have highlighted throughout these forums. I find it insulting, and it's not directed at me?! I'll be surprised if anyone it's aimed at gets past 4 minutes in. I agree that there are issues with the game, but to call the game "dogshit" and repeatedly call people "stupid", and "idiots" is most certainly not the way to get your point across.

When talking about controller options, rather than simply pointing out the obvious, why not offer alternative suggestions? Off the top of my head, here's one...have a master button assigned that brings up a circular menu with options selectable using the right analogue stick? It works in many RPG's ported from PC, and would no doubt work in this...now is that not more constructive than simply stating that you're getting "f*^king annoyed"?

Regarding tyre wear, I've noticed tyre physics changing when I increase or lower my pressures by 4-5 bar. I notice a huge difference between compounds (when pressures are correctly set!!!), and having the correct level of grip in the rain is the difference between first and last place. I would argue that the tyre physics in Project Cars are the best I've experienced in any game. It may be an issue with having 7x tyre wear selected, but I have not experienced this as an issue.

The "gamebreaking" bugs mentioned in this video are...video replays crashing (ironically, whilst we watch a video replay of you driving perfectly around the track?!), a replaced wheel not showing in game, 'too many' controller options, and tyres not wearing correctly when set to 7x?! These are game breakers are they?

For me personally, the controller issues and 'rubber banding' in braking zones are the two main concerns. With these two issues fixed, the actual driving experience will be second to none. Everything else is secondary. Much of what is stated in this video doesn't even register as an issue and only serves to distract from more important matters.

TenthDan
22-05-2015, 06:15
I know it does for me.

I'll ask this: what is your point here? What new point are you bringing to the table?

Do you understand that your opinion is unique to you and other people have their own?

Are you trying to 'gather support' for your opinion? I could present another youtube (yay youtube popularity!) video showing how awesome the game is as "I think this speaks for a lot of people" ;)

SMS have confirmed issues, have threads tracking further reported issues and are working to get as much fixed as they can, but it's not instant. Constantly pointing out that things aren't perfect doesn't make things go faster.

So please, do us a favour and quit the 'campaign' constantly reminding us how your experience isn't ideal.

OrenIshii BE
22-05-2015, 07:08
Wow, frustrated much isn't he :P

looks like i have a different game then, i'm enjoying the racing atm, and all known issues/bugs aren't gamebreaking to me, just some are annoying

menaceuk
22-05-2015, 07:46
I know it does for me.

I found this video very funny. First off this man gave a glowing review(92/100) and suggested people buy the game, now he is ranting. Hmmm...how much time did he spend playing the game before his review? lol. I mean he says "There are so many issues that are easy to spot and should be spotted," Yet he failed to spot them when reviewing the game, lol.

Also, what is it with you tube rants and swearing? Are these people really stupid enough to think that insults & vulgar language help solidify and add weight to their rant?

Also, most of his issues are not really issues for all. I mean the many times I have fixed my car after a wheel loss the wheel has been there. My sound has not cut out once yet, and yes, I am using a head set. The replays crashing hasn't happened to me.

While the game does have issues, and more for some than others, this video really isn't a proper way to communicate such things. It is simply a random rant on you tube. Where is stella stig on this forum communicating his issues to the developers in order to help push the game forward?

mister dog
22-05-2015, 07:58
I know it does for me.

Two things; like menaceuk mentions above, initially he was over the moon with PCARS and gave it 92% so it does take a while before all the bugs rear up their ugly heads. You need to play the game in order to be confronted with them.

On the other hand that is just what a Q&A department is supposed to do; play the game in it's entirety and test every single aspect before signing off on it. Rudeness in the video aside he does have a point there, and as soon as you start playing the game there are tons of obvious bugs that show to me that the final release version was just not tested comprehensively, or in some cases not at all.

PCARS is a great game, but that statement with the last delay that it's "99% complete and we want to give you a complete/ bug free experience" seems like a major PR blunder nowadays, due to lack of proper bug testing in the end.

MissionBULLITT
22-05-2015, 08:37

That's a poor cop out. They said this is a SIM by racers for racers and for the amount of hype and delays behind it, this game should have been complete and polished.. The product they have given us not up to par. Too many things are broken or lack optimization. There is no reason I should have to learn how to develop ffb to get my wheel to work out of the box. The frame rate should have been paramount to anything graphically. When you take corners and the fps drop by 15-20 it makes driving accurately more difficult and it's something that I find truly unacceptable. I know Forza is not a SIM per se but its many peoples benchmark and PC just doesn't come close in terms of polish which is where that game shines. You put FM5 in and it works. The ffb is accurate to what the car is doing and you can feel the road surface. The frame rate is perfect @60fps and runs at 1080p without issues. I know PC may be trying to do more but it's not acceptable to be so far off in a release on one platform to another.

bluesky0870
22-05-2015, 09:13
First of all, I like the game and I am able to handle most of the cars after tweaking the controller manually. But I also can understand everyone, who is annoyed about the unfinished game and all of its major and minor bugs. So for me personally the truth is being somewhere in the middle of both factions. I personally can find enjoyable moments as well as annoying ones.

Some people here are giving advice only to use the drivable cars. Is that meant in a serious way? It is like selling a stove with one broken hotplate and giving the advice to use the others.

PCARS is a great game, but that statement with the last delay that it's "99% complete and we want to give you a complete/ bug free experience" seems like a major PR blunder nowadays, due to lack of proper bug testing in the end.

I think this is one of the main reasons that people are annoyed about. Great promises were made that never could be kept. SMS fueled people's expectations with statements like the above and is surprised about the headwind blowing into their face now.
Isn't it understandable that people are unhappy with the actual shape of the game and that they get disappointed and lose patience more and more with every day the update is missing (neglectable who's fault of delay it is)?
I just can't understand the behaviour of the hardliners on both factions who are bashing and insulting everyone with another opinion than their own.

titanic tony
22-05-2015, 09:22
its not just you look at the view count every ones getting pissed of
its like buying a new car and it keeps breaking down put the game away until the patch

mister dog
22-05-2015, 09:32
Let's just say PCARS is the best racing simulator out there, and it is a great game in general, but it was only 85% complete on release. 10% bugs and 5% missing tweaks and features make the game feel incomplete at places.

That's how i feel about it, but that doesn't take away my enjoyment at all as the physics model, the graphics and the changing conditions make me bloody addicted to the experience as a whole, and i appreciate what is there already because of it :).

menaceuk
22-05-2015, 09:41
First of all, I like the game and I am able to handle most of the cars after tweaking the controller manually. But I also can understand everyone, who is annoyed about the unfinished game and all of its major and minor bugs. So for me personally the truth is being somewhere in the middle of both factions. I personally can find enjoyable moments as well as annoying ones.

Some people here are giving advice only to use the drivable cars. Is that meant in a serious way? It is like selling a stove with one broken hotplate and giving the advice to use the others.

What is your alternative? You either race now with cars you find drive-able, or you simply do not play. The advice is good in the context of the issue.

bluesky0870
22-05-2015, 10:18
What is your alternative? You either race now with cars you find drive-able, or you simply do not play. The advice is good in the context of the issue.

Thank you for amending this major typo. I like to improve my bad English.
It may be the only alternative actually, but is it a solution or is it even worth to mention explicitely to those who are complaining about the steering issue? Or is it more like giving fuel to the fire? Do you know Marie Antoinette and her famous quotation? " If people can't afford bread, they shall eat pie" sounds similar to "If you can't handle this car, simply take another" in my ears.

smithaldo
22-05-2015, 10:47
The sound issue for Turtle Beach headphones can easily be solved by plugging your charger cable into the front port of the controller and into the Xbox. Not the port on the underside of the controller that charges the battery. The port where your index fingers rest.

I'm using a Turtle Beach headset, which is plugged into the controller via the port you mention here as I use a wheel, and if the charger cable isn't plugged into the top port the controller would turn off after a while, yet I'm still having the stuttering audio when braking/accelerating. It's not 100% of the time, and completely random. But this particular workaround hasn't helped me with the issue unfortunately.

SRS STIG
22-05-2015, 11:49
In response to the question in a previous post as to “where is Stella Stig” on the forums, I am here and I have posted previously about possible bugs relating to the tyre wear, and why have I not posted more, well because a lot of the bugs that I went over have already been logged on the forum and I didn’t see the point in raising a new post when current ones already exist.

To reply to a few other points that have been raised

@Supaaafly

It is not my job to suggest and come up with alternatives to problems, that’s what I believe the game developers get paid to do, they are the ones to come up with concepts and ideas for the game and implement them, the one that was suggested regarding the right analogue stick wouldn’t work with wheels, maybe they did think of it and dismissed it.

The tyre physics are not only my opinion but opinions of a fair few other people that I have raced with and I believe the tyre wear issue is a known bug already, its something I and many others have experienced and for many people a big issue when trying to set up organised races rather than just quick 5 lap races.

The replays crashing are symptomatic of my experience on the majority of the replays I have saved, the issue is there and to be fair I was far from driving perfectly around that track

@TenthDan

As expressed in the start of the video these are “my opinions” im not trying to gather any support to “my opinion” but it is an opinion which is shared by many within the racing community and I fully understand that peoples opinions will differ from mine, just like if you show a youtube video of someone saying how great the game is, there will be a mass amount of people who disagree with that. It works both ways.

It isn’t the fact that my experience isn’t ideal, it’s the fact that a lot of peoples experience isn’t ideal and simply making comments suggesting a persons opinion on the game isn’t already felt by many others is to a degree small minded, again feedback, good and bad works both ways.

The video is born out of the frustration, not just felt by myself but others too resulting from all the hype generated for this game and the quotes of “ its 99.9% complete and were delaying it to ensure its polished and totally finished” when the finished product is far from finished.

If these bugs were not found in testing then I would question how the game was tested how it was decided that it was fit for release, if the bugs were found by the testers but the game was released anyway then I would strongly point the finger at the people higher up the food chain who made the call to simply release the game regardless of “known issues”

There is great potential in this game, potential to be the best sim racing game released to date, but “IN MY OPINION” its far from that at the moment, there are moments when the game is very enjoyable, but also times when it is completely the opposite.

Too many games and game developers released unfinished games nowadays and it is becoming the norm more and more with each game that is released expecting the paying gamers to report bugs which should have never been in a finished version and thats not just aimed at SMS but all game developers.

rumper390
22-05-2015, 12:48

I think it was ok to set the bar so high as the company said that the game was 99.9% finished and they just had to "polish" I mean they pushed the release back how many times???... I'm sorry but fps drop and game crashes along with no game chat sometimes and no tire wear? What were they polishing? Imo they didn't care to test the Xbox one versions or else this would have been caught rite away....

cornwolf
22-05-2015, 13:28
It feels as if it was pretty much a straight port from the PC to the consoles, not I play PC and Xbox One and I can not speak for the PS4 community however for someone who isn't in the "press loop" such as Stig he is entitled to his opinion and do a review from what he has played and felt so far. It's not until you get in to the really nitty gritty of a game that you can fully understand and feel what the game has to offer and sometimes it takes the multiplayer side of the game to fully kick in all so.

The reason I believe that this is a poor port is because of the options that you have on the console version which personally has no place on a console and is just for PC games and that is the graphics options. These since every Xbox and every Playstation user have the same hardware at this stage and respectively to their console so the game should be coded to a standard for the consoles and not have the options to turn bloom and sun glare etc on or off. I can't remember ever playing a game on a console where you can alter the graphics like that. There are some where you can turn blood on or off or the hud etc but none to the level of detail we have here.

This is just my opinion and 2p on this subject. I am annoyed with how the game turned out because the potential is there and because of the amount of deals we have for 'polish' is shocking and I would love to know what they have been polishing because it wasn't the game because they have even took out the pit crews.

mister dog
22-05-2015, 14:31
The reason I believe that this is a poor port is because of the options that you have on the console version which personally has no place on a console and is just for PC games and that is the graphics options. These since every Xbox and every Playstation user have the same hardware at this stage and respectively to their console so the game should be coded to a standard for the consoles and not have the options to turn bloom and sun glare etc on or off. I can't remember ever playing a game on a console where you can alter the graphics like that. There are some where you can turn blood on or off or the hud etc but none to the level of detail we have here.

That was known long before release, and a conscious decision of SMS to bring something extra to the console peasants who normally don't have any options ;)

cornwolf
22-05-2015, 14:43
That was known long before release, and a conscious decision of SMS to bring something extra to the console peasants who normally don't have any options ;)

Fair enough but why? There is no need for it, the game should run pretty much exactly the same on every Xbox and Playstation there are some varibles to this so things like external hard drives etc but there is no need or want from the console community for this.

If a gamer truly wants a game to look its best everyone knows you need to play it on a PC if released on there however the cost of some graphics cards alone can be more than the cost of a whole console hence why people opt for the console version but these should be more stable in my opinion because there are less variables than on a PC.

I presume its a little tong and cheek but I wouldn't call console owners/players peasants just because of what they chose to play the game on, cant we all just get along?

A gamer is a gamer no matter what platform they are playing on.

menaceuk
22-05-2015, 15:07
Thank you for amending this major typo. I like to improve my bad English.
It may be the only alternative actually, but is it a solution or is it even worth to mention explicitely to those who are complaining about the steering issue? Or is it more like giving fuel to the fire? Do you know Marie Antoinette and her famous quotation? " If people can't afford bread, they shall eat pie" sounds similar to "If you can't handle this car, simply take another" in my ears.

It's not a solution. The only solution is a patch. The suggestion is simply a place holder to maximize the fun one can have till the patch arrives. Does it need explicitly stated, I would say yes, if for no other reason than this simple idea is lost on many.

TenthDan
22-05-2015, 15:27
In response to the question in a previous post as to “where is Stella Stig” on the forums, I am here and I have posted previously about possible bugs relating to the tyre wear, and why have I not posted more, well because a lot of the bugs that I went over have already been logged on the forum and I didn’t see the point in raising a new post when current ones already exist.

To reply to a few other points that have been raised

@Supaaafly

It is not my job to suggest and come up with alternatives to problems, that’s what I believe the game developers get paid to do, they are the ones to come up with concepts and ideas for the game and implement them, the one that was suggested regarding the right analogue stick wouldn’t work with wheels, maybe they did think of it and dismissed it.

The tyre physics are not only my opinion but opinions of a fair few other people that I have raced with and I believe the tyre wear issue is a known bug already, its something I and many others have experienced and for many people a big issue when trying to set up organised races rather than just quick 5 lap races.

The replays crashing are symptomatic of my experience on the majority of the replays I have saved, the issue is there and to be fair I was far from driving perfectly around that track

@TenthDan

As expressed in the start of the video these are “my opinions” im not trying to gather any support to “my opinion” but it is an opinion which is shared by many within the racing community and I fully understand that peoples opinions will differ from mine, just like if you show a youtube video of someone saying how great the game is, there will be a mass amount of people who disagree with that. It works both ways.

It isn’t the fact that my experience isn’t ideal, it’s the fact that a lot of peoples experience isn’t ideal and simply making comments suggesting a persons opinion on the game isn’t already felt by many others is to a degree small minded, again feedback, good and bad works both ways.

The video is born out of the frustration, not just felt by myself but others too resulting from all the hype generated for this game and the quotes of “ its 99.9% complete and were delaying it to ensure its polished and totally finished” when the finished product is far from finished.

If these bugs were not found in testing then I would question how the game was tested how it was decided that it was fit for release, if the bugs were found by the testers but the game was released anyway then I would strongly point the finger at the people higher up the food chain who made the call to simply release the game regardless of “known issues”

There is great potential in this game, potential to be the best sim racing game released to date, but “IN MY OPINION” its far from that at the moment, there are moments when the game is very enjoyable, but also times when it is completely the opposite.

Too many games and game developers released unfinished games nowadays and it is becoming the norm more and more with each game that is released expecting the paying gamers to report bugs which should have never been in a finished version and thats not just aimed at SMS but all game developers.

Hey Stig. The post wasn't directed at you ;)

Haiden
22-05-2015, 16:35
I'd like to write a full comment on this, but I'm too busy playing PCars. You know, that unplayable game that's a total disappointment. Yeah... that one. I can't stop playing. Everyday since its release, I run home from work and subject myself to hour after hour of utter and complete disappointment. :p

MissionBULLITT
22-05-2015, 16:58
Congrats on enjoying the game, but be that as it may it doesn't aid in making my experience any better. The volume of issues is unacceptable from a game with this much hype and expectation, and for the majority of issues this game suffers from to be centralized to the Xbox One would lend itself to being a complete failure of QA. I have not to this day played a game with so many flaws out of the box. Not even Assassin's Creed Unity was this bad when I played.

GRTfast
22-05-2015, 16:58
I'd like to write a full comment on this, but I'm too busy playing PCars. You know, that unplayable game that's a total disappointment. Yeah... that one. I can't stop playing. Everyday since its release, I run home from work and subject myself to hour after hour of utter and complete disappointment. :p

Me too. If this is "unplayable" then I guess I love unplaying.

Ch1ps N Queso
22-05-2015, 17:13
Some areas are playable. Some aren't. Each user will have a different experience based on their expectations and area of the game they use most.

The part of the game I use most, private online lobbies (full weekends, long races, using a wheel), is atrocious. It's the worst multi-player experience I've encountered in recent memory.

Does that mean the game is complete junk? No. Parts of it are fine. It just so happens the areas I use most are not up to snuff. They're downright broken. It's disappointing.

Bufftheowl
22-05-2015, 17:57
I find I've got the game running to an acceptable frame rate by turning things of in the options, a few things actually, namely; bloom, lens flare and the one that seemed to make the biggest difference was the mirrors. I know turning of the mirrors made a big difference because it was tried when I was attempting to make the frame rate smoother in the helmet cam. Sadly it wasn't enough I can't seem to get the helmet cam perfectly smooth, it seems to be when a few cars are in front and whilst changing direction, like through an S-bend. Shame as the Helmet cam is the coolest thing in the game.

ctd
22-05-2015, 18:03
Some areas are playable. Some aren't. Each user will have a different experience based on their expectations and area of the game they use most.

The part of the game I use most, private online lobbies (full weekends, long races, using a wheel), is atrocious. It's the worst multi-player experience I've encountered in recent memory.
Does that mean the game is complete junk? No. Parts of it are fine. It just so happens the areas I use most are not up to snuff. They're downright broken. It's disappointing.

Care to elaborate why.

LADY GEMMA JANE
22-05-2015, 18:27
Am I the only one that loves the game :)

beetes_juice
22-05-2015, 18:33

Nope.:D

merge111
22-05-2015, 18:58

You got a working copy. Loads of people didn't.

Stop rubbing it in peoples faces you cock.

wraithsrike
22-05-2015, 18:59

Nope

Ch1ps N Queso
22-05-2015, 19:26
Care to elaborate why.

Here goes nothing.

Join Private Lobby. Can't hear people. Quit Lobby. Rejoin Lobby. Can hear some people. Get booted when the session starts or Can't join session in progress. Leave Lobby. Rejoin Lobby. Join Session in Progress. Band-Aid FFB doesn't work. Unplug wheel. Plug wheel back in. Can't leave garage. Game crashes!

This is not an exaggeration. That exact sequence can happen to any one of our drivers when we get together. The degree of craziness varies from person to person, night to night. It's a headache.

Add a little AI to the mix and the poo really hits the fan. It hits it and hits it hard. Poo bombs everywhere! Threads all over describing this.

Are we occasionally able to get a few guys together for a race? Yes. 2 out of our 8 organized events were able to complete the practice/quali/race with most everyone intact. Couldn't talk to half the people but we were able to race. The rest of them were gaming disasters.

Even with the terrible MP experience I'm still very much excited for the future of this game. With plenty of hard work I think the SMS team can turn this game into something special for league racers on the console. I'm looking forward to experiencing that hard work in-game in the near future.

Benja190782
22-05-2015, 19:32

Absolutely not! :cool:

ctd
22-05-2015, 19:39
Here goes nothing.

Join Private Lobby. Can't hear people. Quit Lobby. Rejoin Lobby. Can hear some people. Get booted when the session starts or Can't join session in progress. Leave Lobby. Rejoin Lobby. Join Session in Progress. Band-Aid FFB doesn't work. Unplug wheel. Plug wheel back in. Can't leave garage. Game crashes!

This is not an exaggeration. That exact sequence can happen to any one of our drivers when we get together. The degree of craziness varies from person to person, night to night. It's a headache.

Add a little AI to the mix and the poo really hits the fan. It hits it and hits it hard. Poo bombs everywhere! Threads all over describing this.

Are we occasionally able to get a few guys together for a race? Yes. 2 out of our 8 organized events were able to complete the practice/quali/race with most everyone intact. Couldn't talk to half the people but we were able to race. The rest of them were gaming disasters.

Even with the terrible MP experience I'm still very much excited for the future of this game. With plenty of hard work I think the SMS team can turn this game into something special for league racers on the console. I'm looking forward to experiencing that hard work in-game in the near future.

As far as I know there is no support for hearing or talking to other people when in MP of the game. Just chat. If you want to talk with your friends when driving in MP I recommend installing TeamSpeak. If you Google it you will find out more.

Also about your game crashes it's difficult to know what is wrong. But as I understand many people are doing MP with Wheels just fine so maybe it's sth wrong on your end of the line?

AI issues are already confirmed by SMS and will be dealt with.

About your poo problems I prefer not to comment.

Hope you will get some help on that from other hands.

bc525
22-05-2015, 19:41
Stop rubbing it in peoples faces you cock.

Wait a minute, what is Haiden rubbing in our faces?!

Ch1ps N Queso
22-05-2015, 19:46
As far as I know there is no support for hearing or talking to other people when in MP of the game. Just chat. If you want to talk with your friends when driving in MP I recommend installing TeamSpeak. If you Google it you will find out more.

Also about your game crashes it's difficult to know what is wrong. But as I understand many people are doing MP with Wheels just fine so maybe it's sth wrong on your end of the line?

We're in the X1 forum, sir. Not going to setup TeamSpeak for our X1 racing league.

We have a very active group of drivers. We chat daily in our league dedicated chat. Every driver is experiencing these problems. It's not a one off issue on my end.

I hear Activia is good for poo problems. I'll try it.

D1rty Duck UK
22-05-2015, 19:49

Team speak on a console? You do realise this is about xbox one?

HEF51
22-05-2015, 19:51

You're in the Xbox section bud.

ctd
22-05-2015, 19:55
We're in the X1 forum, sir. Not going to setup TeamSpeak for our X1 racing league.

We have a very active group of drivers. We chat daily in our league dedicated chat. Every driver is experiencing these problems. It's not a one off issue on my end.

I hear Activia is good for poo problems. I'll try it.

Sorry didn't noticed you were on XB1. Well, then you have to go without being able to speak to each other as far as I see it, because there is no support for it in game. Just chat by writing. Problems with controllers are a different thing. Can't help you there as I don't know your hardware. But saying MP is the worst you encountered is a hard exaggeration, don't you agree?

Ch1ps N Queso
22-05-2015, 19:59
Sorry didn't noticed you were on XB1. Well, then you have to go without being able to speak to each other as far as I see it, because there is no support for it in game. Just chat by writing. Problems with controllers are a different thing. Can't help you there as I don't know your hardware. But saying MP is the worst you encountered is a hard exaggeration, don't you agree?

I don't agree. If I agreed I wouldn't have said it. It is the worst MP experience I've had in recent memory.

ctd
22-05-2015, 20:00
You're in the Xbox section bud.

Sorry, I tried to help out here. Bud.

Are sth to your inconvenience? Bud. Want to take Another go with PM:s? Bud?

smithaldo
22-05-2015, 20:00

You're not serious with this post....right?

ctd
22-05-2015, 20:02
I don't agree. If I agreed I wouldn't have said it. It is the worst MP experience I've had in recent memory.

Sorry, can't do anything more for you.

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 20:02

Relax guys.

Queso: Go outside, it's really nice right now in Chi-town.

ctd
22-05-2015, 20:03
You're not serious with this post....right?

Are you?

HEF51
22-05-2015, 20:03

I don't know why you're in the Xbox section if you have nothing to add.

And sorry I'm not into flexing my e'peen.

bc525
22-05-2015, 20:08
Relax guys.

Very nice downstate too! Three day weekends are alright.

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 20:10
Anyone going to Indy500? I'll be there Sunday.

smithaldo
22-05-2015, 20:11
Are you?

I'm not sure if you're attempting to bait me into having an argument with you because it's not something I have any desire to do.

I was just asking if you were serious with your post - and that Xbox One users will have to "go without go without being able to speak to each other" and "Just chat by writing". So in answer to your question, yes, I am.

Ch1ps N Queso
22-05-2015, 20:17
Relax guys.

I'm very relaxed. I posted, someone asked me to elaborate, I did. Simple as that.

Why is it that I come here to post my experience with the game (in a thread that seems to be here for venting and sharing our experiences) and you need to suggest I'm some type of hermit? I wasn't offensive to anyone. I didn't take CTD's comments and turn them against him in a hateful manner. I'm just a customer posting my negative experience so it's on record.

I really don't understand why some of the Mods and WMD guys around here (definitely not all of them!) need to constantly grab their pCARS cape and swoop in to defend it. It's indefensible to some of us. Posting sarcastic and snarky comments does nothing to help that.

bc525
22-05-2015, 20:17
Unfortunately I think it's supposed to rain on Sunday. I'll be grilling some burgers and brats, drinking plenty of beer, and watching LOTS of racing on tv. Monaco GP + Indy 500 + Coca Cola 600.

Ian Bell
22-05-2015, 20:19
Be nice to each other guys.

Or in Irish, 'take the piss nicely' if you must.

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 20:21
I'm very relaxed. I posted, someone asked me to elaborate, I did. Simple as that.

Why is it that I come here to post my experience with the game (in a thread that seems to be here for venting and sharing our experiences) and you need to suggest I'm some type of hermit? I wasn't offensive to anyone. I didn't take CTD's comments and turn them against him in a hateful manner. I'm just a customer posting my negative experience so it's on record.

I really don't understand why some of the Mods and WMD guys around here (definitely not all of them!) need to constantly grab their pCARS cape and swoop in to defend it. It's indefensible to some of us. Posting sarcastic and snarky comments does nothing to help that.
I'm suggesting take a short break. Literally it's gorgeous outside. If I wasn't stuck on the computer definitely I wouldn't be typing to you guys. I'm not defending anything, just tryna de-escalate this epeen contest.

ctd
22-05-2015, 20:22
I'm not sure if you're attempting to bait me into having an argument with you because it's not something I have any desire to do.

I was just asking if you were serious with your post - and that Xbox One users will have to "go without go without being able to speak to each other" and "Just chat by writing". So in answer to your question, yes, I am.

As I said, I'm sorry I didn't recognized I was in in XBox forum. Didn't know it was exlusive. Will I be doomed to the end of my day now? :confused:

Once again, just tried to help him out. Will never happen again. Thanks for reminding me. :p

Reinart86
22-05-2015, 20:24
Soo... There is no chat at all in mp? And it's not gonna change? Ok :/

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 20:25
I thought one of the SMS programmers was working on VoIP for XB1.

HEF51
22-05-2015, 20:32
I thought one of the SMS programmers was working on VoIP for XB1.

Oh its in there. But you cant talk to more than a couple people. We will have about 11-12 guys in a lobby and you can only hear about 3. I fear for the day we actually get 16 people in one lobby.

Ch1ps N Queso
22-05-2015, 20:34
Soo... There is no chat at all in mp? And it's not gonna change? Ok :/

There is chat. Whether it's XBL or something else causing the problem it just doesn't work very well. We've asked all of our drivers to double check to have an open nat/wired connection before joining. This doesn't fix it.

I'm sure it will get better. It's just one more thing to deal with when we're trying to organize our events. For example, we normally do full course cautions for certain situations (pCARS will be debris on track, a severely disabled vehicle limping back to the pits, big multi-car collisions with damage). Without working comms it really limits what we can do.

DECATUR PLAYA
22-05-2015, 20:40
Don't know if this has been stated but when I play this game there is a funny little static sound that comes thru my xbox headset. It doesn't matter whether I'm in a party or not or just multiplayer chat and it only happens with this game. Not sure if that helps the developers or not just trying to help.

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 20:43
Oh its in there. But you cant talk to more than a couple people. We will have about 11-12 guys in a lobby and you can only hear about 3. I fear for the day we actually get 16 people in one lobby.

Gotcha, well if it's there and simply not working so good then it means SMS felt it was important enough to make a strong attempt to having working correctly on Day 1 and something they're working on getting fixed up ASAP.