PDA

View Full Version : New to Project Cars but not to Realistic Sims. Help pls?

Captain_Swoopty
08-05-2015, 09:08
So I'm new here like most people. However, I plan to be putting a lot of time into this game with the help of some of you no doubt.
Some questions I could use help with:

1.)Career mode: When I first select a tier to race in I go in to start my first race but want to change to a different car for that tier but that option is locked. How can I unlock it??
2.)I have received my first contract/offer and it's still sitting in my inbox, but when I go to the message I can't click on it or open up to access/accept it. How do I accept this new contract??
3.)The HUD in-session: Whenever I join a new session I ALWAYS have to re-adjust the HUD how I want it to be, then hit save, however I end up having to re-adjust it on the next race. Fixes?
4.)Overall Options: There is no way to adjust main options such as Video or Audio settings in-session. Is this something they will add in?

I have many other questions than this, as I am just getting into the start of this beautiful game. I hope some much needed help will crawl out of the wood work.

Thanks ahead of time and I hope to see you all out on the track!!

-Swoopty

Siberian Tiger
08-05-2015, 09:12
So I'm new here like most people. However, I plan to be putting a lot of time into this game with the help of some of you no doubt.
Some questions I could use help with:

1.)Career mode: When I first select a tier to race in I go in to start my first race but want to change to a different car for that tier but that option is locked. How can I unlock it??
You can't especially in lower Tier or singe Class Tiers you can't Change the Car. If the Series allows you than this Options is visible
2.)I have received my first contract/offer and it's still sitting in my inbox, but when I go to the message I can't click on it or open up to access/accept it. How do I accept this new contract??
You don't have to accept anything... Is a bit missleading... You can continue your Carreer on the Calender. New Contracts at the beginning of a new Season will be displayed
3.)The HUD in-session: Whenever I join a new session I ALWAYS have to re-adjust the HUD how I want it to be, then hit save, however I end up having to re-adjust it on the next race. Fixes?
Seems to be a BUG... DEVS are working on it
4.)Overall Options: There is no way to adjust main options such as Video or Audio settings in-session. Is this something they will add in?
This one is something for my Console Friends... Im only on PC

I have many other questions than this, as I am just getting into the start of this beautiful game. I hope some much needed help will crawl out of the wood work.

Thanks ahead of time and I hope to see you all out on the track!!

-Swoopty

Answers in Quote...

Alejandro Riveiro
08-05-2015, 09:16
Hi! :)

First, welcome to the forums! As for your questions:
1) Siberian Tiger has responded this one better than I did :P
2) If it's an invitation to an event, there's nothing you need to accept, it'll be accepted by default (and then it's up to you to either take part in it or skip it). If it's a contract offer, you should get the option to accept or reject in the mailbox.
3) As far as I know the HUD is not saving right now, so you'll have to adjust it in every race :(
4) Maybe! I guess if there's enough requests for that option to be added, it'll happen at some point.

Captain_Swoopty
08-05-2015, 10:09
Outstanding, also do you know if there are a group of people that are building a massive tuning database for the different cars??

I had and used one of these alongside the thousand of hours I spent playing Forza 4: http://forzatuninglabs.com/about.php

I sure hope to see this type of massive conglomeration come from the community.

Alejandro Riveiro
08-05-2015, 10:56
Outstanding, also do you know if there are a group of people that are building a massive tuning database for the different cars??

I had and used one of these alongside the thousand of hours I spent playing Forza 4: http://forzatuninglabs.com/about.php

I sure hope to see this type of massive conglomeration come from the community.
I haven't seen anything, but I'm sure there's someone out there working on it. There are quite a few sim racing communities around the game, so it's really a matter of time until they share them with the community.