PDA

View Full Version : friends leaderboard?

snosch
08-05-2015, 09:18
Is there any friends leaderboard in PC? Cant find.

wraithsrike
08-05-2015, 09:36
Is there any friends leaderboard in PC? Cant find.

Can't find any on xbox either?

danowat
08-05-2015, 09:40
There isn't one, I also don't like the way the leaderboard is grouped per class, instead of per car model.

MMM1978
20-06-2015, 13:44
Need this

Baumstark
20-06-2015, 13:48
Until there is something in game, at least for PC you can use this (http://54.77.76.11/). It has some nice filter options for friends, too. All credit goes to whoever created it.

bluesky0870
20-06-2015, 13:48
There isn't one, this was asked for a lot of times and never taken care about. Not even put on any to do list.
So I doubt to see that feature implemented in the game.

C6ckneyGeezer
20-06-2015, 13:54
Yeah really wish this was included in the game. I love trying to beat friends lap times etc. Hope it's in a future update!

Phishfinger
20-06-2015, 14:54
There isn't one, this was asked for a lot of times and never taken care about. Not even put on any to do list.

As much as I love the game, I can't say the leaderboards aren't a massive disappointment. No friends list and formula rookie etc being left to "compete" with the formula A is a really tough one to understand, even if there is a good reason for it.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 14:58

Either that or I acknowledged it, agreed it would be good, and pushed it to the network team to code. I then posted that I had done so.

I'm really really getting fed up with the constant whinging in general guys. All the misplaced negativity will just drive the team away from here. This is your 6th moan in less than 24 hours Bluesky.

Try at least to be accurate with your complaints. That we can take.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:05
As much as I love the game, I can't say the leaderboards aren't a massive disappointment. No friends list and formula rookie etc being left to "compete" with the formula A is a really tough one to understand, even if there is a good reason for it.

I agree with you and I agree I want them.

The reason for it isn't even 'good'. We simply couldn't do everything for iteration 1 of this new brand.

Having said that, I want it in for pCARS1 and I've actioned it.

Phishfinger
20-06-2015, 15:07

The reason for it isn't even 'good'. We simply couldn't do everything for iteration 1 of this new brand.

Then say no more good sir, that's good enough for me :triumphant:

mister dog
20-06-2015, 15:09
I'm really really getting fed up with the constant whinging in general guys. All the misplaced negativity will just drive the team away from here. This is your 6th moan in less than 24 hours Bluesky.

I'm afraid that will never disappear from any forum, nature of mankind and all.. Better to not take to much notice of it as we don't want you guys to get demotivated :)

There's a lot to do still and i'm confident the game will be great in a couple of months, as your team is working hard to give us the best experience possible by listening and responding to our feedback. For sure the majority of people on this forum acknowledge and appreciate that greatly.

bluesky0870
20-06-2015, 15:10
Exactly my thoughts. LBs are pretty useless as they are right now.
For me that lack is as important as other issues and I really can't understand why SMS is wasting the opportunity of attracting people to the game by implementing a filter to sort the leaderboard by friends.
Somewhere here I read that the Xbox allows only 8 leaderboards, so leaderboards sorted by car classes (how they race against, e.g. GT3, Road cars type 1, LMP1 or Formula Rookie) or even by single cars is not possible.
BUT:
It would be possible to build such leaderboards on an external website, upload lap times to there and to develop an ingame app similar to the acinitiates.com - app of Ubisoft's AC Unity to connect players to that site.

Just an idea...

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:12
For me that lack is as important as other issues and I really can't understand why SMS is wasting the opportunity of attracting people to the game by implementing a filter to sort the leaderboard by friends.
Somewhere here I read that the Xbox allows only 8 leaderboards, so leaderboards sorted by car classes (how they race against, e.g. GT3, Road cars type 1, LMP1 or Formula Rookie) or even by single cars is not possible.
BUT:
It would be possible to build such leaderboards on an external website, upload lap times to there and to develop an ingame app similar to the acinitiates.com - app of Ubisoft's AC Unity to connect players to that site.

Just an idea...

7th moan in 24 hours, this one ignoring all I've just written.

Breathe in, breathe out...

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:13
BUT:

Just an idea...

Infraction for constant complaining about the same acknowledged issue. And for depressing me.

bluesky0870
20-06-2015, 15:14
Try at least to be accurate with your complaints. That we can take.

How much more accurate do you expect me to be Sir?

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:14
How much more accurate do you expect me to be Sir?

Vaguely correct would do.

Are you actually reading what I'm writing?

bluesky0870
20-06-2015, 15:16
Naturely, even your pm...

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:17
Naturely, even your pm...

Are you OK?

bluesky0870
20-06-2015, 15:18
I am fine, thank you. Does it really interests you?

Flaw3dGenius
20-06-2015, 15:19

What's the chances of getting individual car leaderboards on consoles like PC? Right now the GT4 cars are classed in the same leaderboard with the Zonda R, Or the wee Clio in with the touring car beasts...Kinda pointless.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:20
I am fine, thank you. Does it really interests you?

Yes, I'm a psychologist.

Beyond that though, I've answered your question, brought up some issues with your posting and you've resolutely ignored all that I have said. I don't have a great deal of time per person but I've tried with you. A little acknowledgement of that might not go amiss.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:22
What's the chances of getting individual car leaderboards on consoles like PC? Right now the GT4 cars are classed in the same leaderboard with the Zonda R, Or the wee Clio in with the touring car beasts...Kinda pointless.

I think each car per track puts us over a limit I recall one of our coders mentioning.

Our network lead is though as we speak (as I asked him for this last week) talking to the other 6 people we have network coding to work out what we can do best.

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 16:08
The leaderboard is VERY quick to load and look through, unlike some I could mention. Comparing friends/selected favourites is a necessity for a game that is competion based. Without it how could you monitor a rival?
SMS are well aware of many things needed for the game and will only do there best, please can people stop starting threads that encourage negative debate on things already mentioned in other areas of this forum. It's hard work for some, and annoying at times, do a search or two, and join in on the topics.

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 16:19
Yes, I'm a psychologist.

Good management needs those skills. I know Phycochemistry well, another branch of psychiatry/phschology, but not in the drug sense.
I've sorted out many a broken record lol

I'm not joking either!

Flaw3dGenius
20-06-2015, 18:41
I think each car per track puts us over a limit I recall one of our coders mentioning.

Our network lead is though as we speak (as I asked him for this last week) talking to the other 6 people we have network coding to work out what we can do best.

Nice one! :cool:

C6ckneyGeezer
20-06-2015, 20:28
Cheers for the update Ian. Also your replies make me chuckle, keep em coming fella.

Nice to have you still about on the forum btw. Don't give up! Even I find my self moaning on here at times, but I try to be constructive about my moaning, if there is such a thing hehe...

MMM1978
20-06-2015, 22:16
Glad to hear it's in the pipe line..... Thanks for responding Ian.

TassyDevil
20-06-2015, 23:15
Until there is something in game, at least for PC you can use this (http://54.77.76.11/). It has some nice filter options for friends, too. All credit goes to whoever created it.

This great for PC. Any idea how often it is updated?

DECATUR PLAYA
20-06-2015, 23:25
Infraction for constant complaining about the same acknowledged issue. And for depressing me.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha just choked ha ha ha ha ha

FLX81
21-06-2015, 08:35

We dont need individual car leaderboards, just a better class system will do.

Layer one: Choose category (GT, Touring, Prototype, Formula, Nascar, Road)
Layer two: Choose sub category

GT: GTX (Zonda R + CTR3R), GT3, GT4, GT5, Group 5
Touring: DTM, Clio, Historic DTM, Vintage
Prototype: LMP1, LMP2, P3, Historic 00s, Historic 90s, Vintage 60s
Formula: FA, FB, FC, FG1000, FR
Nascar: Vintage 90s
Road: Road 1 (Caterham Classic), Road 2 (Hot hatches, Evo X, 1M etc), Road 3 (R8, SLS, 12C etc), Track Day (Mono, Caterham R500, Ariels etc), Hyper (P1, Huayra, Gumpert etc)

It is still not perfect, there would still be some cars dominating some classes but much less so than what we currently have and with more classes, it would at least take less scrolling if you just did a time in a slower car and want to know what are the best times with said slow car. Maybe as layer 3 there could be a way to sort the leaderboard for times set with individual cars from that class, so for example when in GT3, select the SLS GT3 and it only shows times set with the SLS GT3 on the GT3 leaderboard. That way you wouldnt have to have an individual leaderboard for the SLS GT3 but you could still show the best times set with it. Kind of the same process as only showing times set by your friends.

By the way, are we able to set several times on a class leaderboard with different cars? Say on the GT3 leaderboard I would set the 396. fastest time with the SLS GT3 and the 657. fastest time with the R8 LMS. With the above proposal to sort the leaderboards by cars in a class, it would be possible to record more than one fastest time from a user, that could be cool as well for competing with your friends.

LeeGestuhl
21-06-2015, 15:04
@Felix

Really like your idea with the different layers and the option to filter for the different cars :)

Also having several times on a class leaderboard would be great, because as soon as you drive with the fastest car of a group, it automatically removes your other time, even if it maybe was the fastest recorded time with a slower car. So there can never be a real competition, as you never know if you are really the fastest with a slower car, or if someone just erased his time with a faster car... (hence the need for a manual competition like this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28906-PS4-weekly-time-trial-challenge-(New-Challenges-Set)))

Sorry if I have to bring this up again from another thread, but does anyone know how to use the ghost files on a PS4? It seems that on consoles your fastest laps with even slower cars are saved on the console as single files, you can find all your ghosts under "Application Saved Data Management". It doesnt matter if you made it on the leaderboard or not (at least thats what I am experiencing).
So will there be a way to make use of these ghost files in the future? :rolleyes: That would be fantastic :D

Maviarab
21-06-2015, 15:56
And just maybe...maybe...some of couldn't give a rats ass about leader-boards, achievements and other useless fluff. I couldn't care less whether it's in or not, and personally hope it's at the very bottom of Ian's 'to do list'.

It's unimportant, meaningless and has no positive effect on the actual game. So you want to beat your friends times...fine...ask them for a screenshot for it. Steam generation...ugghhh...was so utterly disappointed when I found it it was a Steam install (despite getting the physical disc).

C6ckneyGeezer
21-06-2015, 16:43
And just maybe...maybe...some of couldn't give a rats ass about leader-boards, achievements and other useless fluff. I couldn't care less whether it's in or not, and personally hope it's at the very bottom of Ian's 'to do list'.

It's unimportant, meaningless and has no positive effect on the actual game. So you want to beat your friends times...fine...ask them for a screenshot for it. Steam generation...ugghhh...was so utterly disappointed when I found it it was a Steam install (despite getting the physical disc).

When my friends are not online in racing games I like to load up their ghost and try and beat their time. Compare our laps etc.

So no, it's not a pointless feature. If it was then there wouldn't be so many people asking for it. It's a basic feature imo.

LeeGestuhl
21-06-2015, 20:32
There are many people around who just like to beat their own best time or the record of someone else at a certain track. And as C6ckneyGeezer said, if you're friends are not online you have at least the chance competing against their best times.
To have a competitive leaderboard for these kind of racers is quite important in my eyes. Pushing the car to the limit and fighting for every thousands of a second can be a real thrill :)

Maviarab
21-06-2015, 23:13
Deleted ...

JessicaWalter
21-06-2015, 23:27
the friends thing would be a nice feature but all i really want is more than 6 cars' times per track. im limited to using the slower cars in each selectable class because setting a time in the quicker cars will prevent me from setting any time in a slower one afterwards.

MLT24
22-06-2015, 00:58
Folks Friends vs Friends times has been in racing games for a long time and has been the norm, expected in ANY $60 game. So anyone defending sms for it not being in the game is just crazy. And if sms wants to get upset at us customers for wanting our moneys worth well shame on them. Dont give a 70% complete gm for full price then get upset with us!
No friends filter. No adequate online rooms filters as well. Jeez u sell me a gm that doesn't have basic features thts been around for a long time. SMS shud hv to put up with everything we say and apologize as many times as needed. Your gm is not just a little buggy, it is short on promises made and racing gm norms. Latest GT gm lied to us and never gave us what was promised. SMS has said their better than all that. Then show me. Shut me up and everyone else that hasn't gotten their moneys worth by implementing the basic features that shud had been in release..