PDA

View Full Version : My personal opinion on the "physics"

RunsWithScissors
08-05-2015, 09:24
Now, first I would like to say I have been waiting a very long time for the game.
It was very worth it. The game looks very polished, fantastic really. Sounds and
feels great. The CARS look beautiful, the detail of terrain, road, trees, hand
painted skybox. You really outdid yourselves.

I have enjoyed the Majority of the Career so far. Multitudes of different races and
much to learn about the different CARS and how they handle. Circuit racing sure
seems to be a main focus in this game however; which actually kind of disappointed
me.

I was really hoping to see more Formula D and Drag races. The counter steering
and steering angle in this game is not allowing for proper drifting. I can get good
front grip but when the car goes full lock mid drift, the car spins out and loses ALL
rear wheel speed. This make it impossible to drift. A simple solution to this would
be the apparent MISSING feature of adding parts to
your cars. Turbo, Supercharger, Cams, Pistons/Rods, Air-Intake; etc.

I'm not asking for the game to be changed, rather
to have it added on to; as an additional mode or something. I understand the
current career mode is designed to represent what a real race car driver would
experience; somewhat... And I don't want the career mode changed, I know we aren't supposed to get
any sort of edge on the other racers, i'm speaking for terms of a tuner series of races,
or single player with option of adding and removing parts etc, and tune the vehicles.
Most of your audience are going to be CAR fanatics. Anyone who is nerdy enough
to own a computer that can run this game at high settings, and would ALSO buy
a car game, must like CARS. Therefore, would like to be able to play with internals,
make a personal vehicle faster, race their friends or tandem drift in the LA mountains track.

The potential is there, not much is needed to make this game appeal to the entire
car enthusiast audience. As I stated originally the game looks FANTASTIC and feels
really good, but these issues I pointed out I feel are what makes this game an OK
game and what would make it a FANTASTIC game.

This is only my opinion please do not flame I know there are others like me out there
that also feel this way and I would like to know if this is something WMD plans on in
the future or perhaps in another game.

Thanks!

yusupov
08-05-2015, 09:30
here is the problem, simulations need to model all that stuff. this took what 3-4 years, its still in development? how many cars are there? you are introducing so many variables, it would take forever to do that, its a different game.

regarding drifting, the problem you describe, if your rear wheels have lost power apply throttle? i prob do not understand as i d ont drift but i like to get sideways now & then & i dont have a problem w/ that in this game so im quite sure drifting should be doable

RunsWithScissors
08-05-2015, 09:39
Well with regard to your comment, if you hit a corner, there is no reason to lose power especially in a
powerband range, 5000-6000 rpms, and have to downshift, your back tires should slip a bit and you
shouldn't get steering lock, it's actually quite obnoxious. Until that is fixed I cannot consider this to be
a simulator. Even circuit racing can be quite a hassle without that ability to lose tire grip without sliding around an doing 540s.

Maybe I need to change tires, I heard if you put summer tires on or something it helps but what could it hurt once
they get the rest of the other stuff fixed to add parts, etc. No cat and mouse, no drag racing, Ford Mustang 5-0
trying to beat a world record 1/4 mile time. I'll wait until the trolls get off and then the real car enthusiasts will show up.

Doc_Savage_NDMF
08-05-2015, 09:56
If SMS is going to do a drift bit, make it a stand alone game so they can tap into the tuning and customizing aspects of drifting in depth.

Cheers..!
_

yusupov
08-05-2015, 10:05
tires are hugely important, cars default to slick or semislick tires. i am not sure which (between the UHP & extreme summer (? i think are the names) tires are best, but p sure i just switched a road car from track to UHP while messing around w/ FFB & they had a totally different feel.

as an example of how important tires are try any car from the 80s or before, those cars will slide around all over the place & its very controllable imo. im not sure if it was you but someone asked about drifting, like i say i cant speak as i havent ever tried drifting, just use countersteer to help get out of messes i make :) & sometimes for fun -- but the caterham classic is very slippery (i havent tried the superlight yet). its also slow & catchable so you should be able to practice if youre finding it weird compared to what youre used to or something.

RunsWithScissors
08-05-2015, 14:43
I dont want it to sound like a mode when I say add drift capabilities. The cars themselves even after tweaking are weak and do not pull around bends. We need to be able to add more power to CARS
and gamemodes could be created via mods. Shouldn't be too hard of a feature. Career mode car mods are not allowed but singleplayer and online sessions that allow them do.

Simple.

I'll make a video and point out what i'm talking about; should be up by this weekend.

vicdavery
08-05-2015, 14:56
I don't think drifting should be included, as it doesn't fit in with the current model. At the moment it is all about racing, not about scoring points.

However, any ability to drift should be based around a simulation. If you allowed greater turn angles for steering then drifting would be easier. I suspect the biggest problem would be the tyre model. At the moment the simulation is focused around grip and slip angles for racing use. Drifting pushes tyres into unusual usage modes and so it would be reasonable to expect that the simulation model of the tyres would be weak in that area.

PowderGuy
08-05-2015, 14:58
I vote Other option, need a drift "equipment" (Vehicle performance like tires). Please based current physics, don't apply another physics rule to "implement" drifting, this is worse solution.

SL1DE
08-05-2015, 15:00
I remember when drifting was cool in 2006... It's a circuit game full of touring, open wheel, and GT cars, I don't think "drifting" is what they're going for.

Drifting is for kids... Project CARS is for matured sim racing lovers. Go play Need for Speed if you want to drift.

That's just my opinion.

PowderGuy
08-05-2015, 15:00
I don't think drifting should be included, as it doesn't fit in with the current model. At the moment it is all about racing, not about scoring points.

However, any ability to drift should be based around a simulation. If you allowed greater turn angles for steering then drifting would be easier. I suspect the biggest problem would be the tyre model. At the moment the simulation is focused around grip and slip angles for racing use. Drifting pushes tyres into unusual usage modes and so it would be reasonable to expect that the simulation model of the tyres would be weak in that area.

Looks as future function not bad.

xuculate
08-05-2015, 15:04
I think there are cars that perfectly can be used as drift. They just have to make the physical is as real as possible and that each skid what you want

RunsWithScissors
08-05-2015, 15:19
I suppose; however driving that M3 with 400 HP, I would think clutching in and mashing the gas would cause me to burnout, not grip and then spinout....

That's what gets me. This game has a long way to go before it can be considered sim. It's arcade and it's really weird.

Maybe i'll get used to it.

midnight spectre
08-05-2015, 21:54
i support drifting in sims anyday. PC should have all kind of motorsport...
race rally drag and drift.

wykydtronik
08-05-2015, 22:05
I would like to point out that if this is truely a "Simulator" than the physics behind counter steering and wheel speed at full lock needs to be implemented. I can drift perfectly fine in my own 155hp Nissan 240sx with stock knuckles, coilovers, and a welded diff. I can drift even better with a steering angle kit. My friends also can slide in their bone stock M series Beamers (with welded diffs) so why can't pCARS have 100% wheel speed at full lock? I feel like this could be great for REPLAYABILITY, especially for multi-player.

ol1ve
08-05-2015, 22:28
I voted "Other option".
I think this release need some tweaks to be "1st racing game".
So before adding some new physics, i'd like to see the actuals one in a better condition.

tonyp23
09-05-2015, 08:24
No Dr**t. The word shouldn't even be mentioned here. It's for babys that is.

Next you'll be shouting omg we're getting new driving suits. Sounds like GT6

MrTulip
09-05-2015, 10:16
Voted for 'other' option. You most probably know more about proper drifting than I do, so you may be right when it comes down to details and different real world parts.

I like drifting a lot in pCARS, and I have been very happy with the final tyre physics. Meaning there are lots of cars you can drift with and you can have long and deep persistent slides, purely controlled with throttle and very little steering input.
However some of the cars are clearly designed on the normal track racing and are limited for that by the tyre selection available.

For me this setup was very convincing in pCARS:

BMW 1M Road car
Masculin XR Summer tyres
100% acceleration lock
~12 steering ratio or lower

I tested now with preheated tyres (quick race in Laguna Seca). Third gear bogs down quite easily during the drift, but I would assume cold (or very hot) tires, stiffer rollbar in the rear, or higher tyre pressures would sort it out.

Best track for testing drifting in my opinion is Brno; it is very wide and you can you can drift in almost any of the bends.

I don't do clutching but use a small scandinavian flick, brake a bit in the beginning of the drift, or just use plain throttle to get the rear step out.

Robin_NL
09-05-2015, 10:40
I'm new here but the cars I tried in pCars I always try to get a tad sideways, just to feel the physics/ffb in pC(vs AC in my case) and for the fun of it.
1M, GT40 and Merc 300 SEL 6.8 AMG are my favs. I don't feel like I am a baby(I'm 44 and also doing drift/trackdays in real life)

Cheers
Robin

MrTulip
09-05-2015, 10:49
I hadn't tested the (development time) undisputed drifting king Mercedes SLS AMG with the release version until now. It too seems to be its venerable self. :)

Choose UHP summer tires, put the steering ratio way below 12 and up the acceleration side diff to at least 60%. Doesn't matter if it's warm or cold, this thing goes sideways all the time.

wraithsrike
09-05-2015, 11:22
At the end of the day this is a circuit "Racing" game and once the bugs have been sorted it has the potential to be a VERY good one.

I wouldn't say drifting is for kids that would be very nieve of me, but this isn't that kind of game, both Forza & GT are better suited to that discipline which is great it means there is a game out there in racing guise to suit all, project cars being one for the more circuit race discipline.

Martin03
09-05-2015, 11:27
I woted no not just because I dont want it but beacause I dont want the dev's to use there time on it... There is alot of things need to be fixed in this game, there is some coming soon stuff in the game etc etc. So right now I really don't want the devs to spend anytime on it, maybe in the future when everything is fixed if the dev's have planes to update this game for a long time?...

Robin_NL
09-05-2015, 11:32
I'm playing pCars on PC, just like AC, and GPL, RBR, LFS some time ago. 'Drifting' in general is part of circuitracing and trackdays in general in real life too. It made me a better driver in real life and in sims. More control.

Cheers
Robin

RubberDave
09-05-2015, 11:53
I don't think requesting an option for drifting is the right approach. If the physics of the game itself were made more realistic, drifting would become an option as a consequence simply because it's possible in real life.

deadboy
09-05-2015, 12:09
Voted No and for a simple reason: originally pCars was supposed to have also Rally, but this was delayed because of "no money", "no time" and "need a specific physics" reasons.
If there isn't time and money for Rally, than there isn't also for Drift.
The cars we have now can be tweaked in the setup to increase their drifting capabilities. You can drive clean or like in a Chris Harris video with many o them, I think it's enough for pCars 1.

Also, reading the comments below the thousands articles that the game collected during its development the more frequent questions were about:
1) mechanical tuning
2) real liveries and championships
3) more cars and tracks
4) Rally
153) drifting mode
154) drag races

Kunos of course read the statistics starting from the bottom.
So, drifting isn't really a priority. Italian and japanese cars, Nascar, Sprint Cars and IndyCars series comes way before drifting in the Career's plan evolution. The only esotic DLC I can see coming is a Rally cars pack, because even if we don't have dirt tracks people like them a lot and that can sell very well. Also you don't need a specific physics, because with slicks those cars can be used on circuit and p2p tracks.

Wanna real Drifting cars and some track layout for that? When the development of pCars 2 will start and the WMD will open again its doors, buy a toolpack and ask for a drifting DLC. (keep in mind that Rally and Hill Climb will come always first for the majority of the original WMD members. ;))
pCars 1 will be focused on circuit races mainly because the game started like that and the carrer's plan is designed with circuit racing in mind.

yusupov
09-05-2015, 12:11
I don't think requesting an option for drifting is the right approach. If the physics of the game itself were made more realistic, drifting would become an option as a consequence simply because it's possible in real life.

thats also the problem w/ this thread...im quite sure it is. i think maybe tire selection is one thing ppl dont get, not really sure what else, but its easy to get sideways & control it in this sim, so i dont see why drifting should be so impossible w/ the proper vehicle & setup.

they could maybe throw in one drift spec car, thats as far as id be willing to go w/ this stuff. i voted other since i dont agree w/ the foundation of the thread.

Skolkarn
09-05-2015, 12:58
I mainly bought this game because I thought you could tune some cars for drifting, since I think drifting is completely awesome! I've been trying to tune different cars for 5 hours so that I can drift, but without any luck.
I think there should be some cars and tuning options added for those who think drifting is fun like me. I mean there is a lot of cool cars allready but they are all track cars with main focus on racing with high handeling,
but nothing for the drifting enthusiasts.

And I think drifting should be an own section in the game so there wont be a bunch of drifters on the online racing tracks making a big mess and destoying for the regular racer pros. :)

Shinzah
09-05-2015, 13:19
The average age of a professional drifter in Japan and North America is around 30 years old.

The average age of a formula one driver is actually younger than that. Most formula one drivers retire at around 30 years old.

Saying a motorsport is "for babies" and "for kids" is what's truly childish.

That said, I would rather see SMS take on making a Formula D or a D1GP title as standalone. It's not about the physics, it's about the intricacies of the sport that needs to be represented. The points system, perhaps tuning, some setup stuff, the courses, event structure, ect would require its own game and as said multiple times - doesn't really fit into a circuit racing platform such as Project Cars.

You can drift fine in the game as it is. There just isn't a mode for it. Games that have included drifting in the past have done so without much success. Especially platforms built around circuit racing. (I'm looking at you, abhorrent Codemasters drifting.)

wykydtronik
10-05-2015, 16:56
You can drift fine in the game as it is. There just isn't a mode for it. [B]Games that have included drifting in the past have done so without much success.

Turn 10 recognized the drifting niche was the biggest crowd that made their games replayable. Drifting wasn't necessarily "built in" but there is a large player base in their multiplayer community that keeps their games alive long after people move on to other games.

RunsWithScissors
11-05-2015, 13:16
I have liked the comments that I think have stayed on topic. There are a lot of childish replies, saying drifting is immature.

I would also say you have either never tried drifting, or aren't good at it; which is why you don't like it :)

That being said, ultimately what I am getting at; is the physics. If I apex out of a turn, fully throttled, and start to

lose control, I almost always get steering lock and spin out. I should be able to clutch in, apply a bit of handbrake,

and regain control of my car and then full throttle back down the straight. This game is not allowing for that, the steering

lock is SO BAD. (I am using a 360 controller and I think this might have something to do with it idk) I'm constantly forced to half throttle until I feel the

car start to weave into the line; but I should seriously be able to fucking rip it around the turn and slide into a straight line.

Even at 30 MPH and apex then half-to-full throttle I spin out and it's impossible to regain control, even with AWD!!!

That desperately needs to be fixed. Circuit racing will be better and more realistic if Devs would focus on this.

I'm afraid, however that the game has a fake physics model, and applying to much throttle activates a code for SPIN OUT or some bullshit.

JeyD02
11-05-2015, 13:26
Lol use the McClaren p1 no assist and play with throller control and smash those corner drifting lol.

vicdavery
11-05-2015, 13:28
@RunsWithScissors
Could you provide a video with the telemetry screen visible so that the devs can see exactly what you're attempting. Every pictures paints a thousand words, as they say. :)

Srt8 300c
11-05-2015, 13:38
Personally i wouldnt want the current cars altering,
I like to improve grip for faster laps...... Maybe if enough people wanted drift cars in the game they might add one in a dlc.......

Dont forget you can alter all suspension and steering settings, maybe with enough tinkering you could get your vehicle to peform the way you want it?

;)

CptSpavers
11-05-2015, 13:51
I think the controller is your problem. I've been playing this with a Logitech Driving Force GT and have had no issue getting any of the cars sideways to drift if that's what I'm going for. I don't think I've ever experienced steering lock when I've done as you've described either. I've also been able to find the counter-point and slowly accelerate out of the slide.

Bearing in mind, you're simulating 900 degrees of wheel rotation with about 3cm of X-axis movement under your thumb. There's a reason 360 controllers aren't wired into dashboards.

RunsWithScissors
11-05-2015, 13:51
More grip.. Lol you want less reality. In real life, you don't get 100% grip. That's why drifting is REAL LIFE. In all race situations, you must be able to steer and counter,

which puts drifting into all race categories.

Jesus you guys make it sound like you don't want to slide at all. That's a part of REAL RACING!!!!! Might as well get a god damn Train Racing Simulator....

In reply to vicdavery

yes, I will work on making a video and try to have it uploaded sometime this weekend. I don't feel it's really necessary but i'll do my best.

RunsWithScissors
11-05-2015, 13:52
hey captspavers thanks for the comment, I think im gonna go find me a steering wheel cause I can't take it anymore.

hkraft300
11-05-2015, 14:33
Anyone tried drift tuning any of the GT3/4 cars yet?
Who needs a S15 when you have a drift Aston Martin xD

You new-age e-Drifters are such a spoilt bunch! Make sideways with what you got :p

S4MST3R
11-05-2015, 14:51
Try the Caterham R500 or whatever it's called, I had that in a nicely controlled 4th gear 'broady' for what seemed like an eternity. I'd suggest whacking the rear tyre pressures right up on your RWD cars if drifting's your thang

DayGlow
11-05-2015, 14:54
Personally I have no interest for the Figure Skating of the racing world, but wouldn't object if it was added as an option as long as it's not required.

Personally I'd rather see them move onto the rally side and really work in proper modelling of AWD.

Dieltotor
11-05-2015, 16:05
This is a competition simulation, and drifting has no place in performance, so maybe you picked the wrong game...
If you really want to enter every corners in reverse, you can get the rear tyres pressure high and lock the rear differential to the max.
You will lose a huge amount of time.

RunsWithScissors
11-05-2015, 18:29
drop the concept of drifting.

i want the physics fixed.

They are fucked up. Drifting will come naturally when the physics become real.

Until then this game has a long way to go.

Like mentioned before; I think it's that I use a controller, if I have a steering wheel then I think it'll be better.

And yes, drifting does have a place in performance. I dont mean full on sideways through the whole turn

but when I get to the apex i'd like to get a tad sideways and correct the steering to shave off a few seconds by getting more speed.

whats happening is regardless how much gas I use, as soon as I lose traction the car locks up steering and I just spin out. A handbrake system needs to be implented on the CARS; it doesn't even work. FACTORY BMWs

HAVE A GOD DAMN HANDBRAKE!!!! Why force us to remove it on a car that is manual clutch. E-brake fanboys? It's a vital part of any car. The poll was accidentally aimed at the wrong thing, I more implied the physics

while losing grip needs to be fixed because the spin out is way overkill

RunsWithScissors
11-05-2015, 18:35
I have this huge feeling the WMD members don't actually like Sims, they originally were making a car on Rally Racing; arcade styled probably, and realized no one was interested,

and wanted a sim. Unfortunately, they don't know much about how cars work and was it's like to race in a real one. How many of you WMD members here actually

contributed by posting feedback? Or did you merely play the game to see how stable it was? Nothing about the circuit racing idea bothers me. Like I said, if the game was an actual

simulator I would be able to drift just fine.

I'll report back however when I get a steering wheel.

could_do_better
11-05-2015, 18:42
Ok I'll bite. Quite apart from several of the devs only ever working on hard core sims like GPL, Race 07, etc Several of them have real race experience over a number of years. other WMD members are racers too.
There were simply tooooooooo many ideas to implement them all in one lifetime. As for posts, feedback and activity look below.

WMD Forum StatisticsThreads 18,328 Posts 883,761 Members 87,668 Active Members 11,337

RunsWithScissors
11-05-2015, 18:45
then how after 4 years of development can these problems not have been ironed out

RunsWithScissors
11-05-2015, 18:48
these public forums have been up for 3 days now

Threads 1,905 Posts 16,391 Members 93,387 Active Members 16,105

i dont have a statistic for you but i'd say nearly 35-40% of the posts are about issues this game has in terms of realism.

could_do_better
11-05-2015, 18:57
Im not trying to say there are not things we would all like to work better (or even at all in some cases). I was simply pointing out the error of your unfounded assumptions.

A HELL of a lot of effort was put in and will continue to be put in, perhaps you'd like to contribute and not detract.

I am sure the DEVS to support this thing with updates for years to come.

RunsWithScissors
11-05-2015, 19:39
the point i was making is we keep getting replies on this topic from those who were testers saying the game is fine or the physics will stay the same, they are broken and not realistic by any means.

Those particular members are not CAR fanatics and know nothing about how a car works when gassing out of a corner let alone any other factors. They should not be here saying anything.

Hugh Crummond
11-05-2015, 19:47
(we knew this was coming but... this takes it to a new level of, oh I dunno..)

Think I'll bugger off back to the WMD forum for some constructive converse

By the way... ''welcome'' & Thanks for your help

(ps.. if you cant drift a car in pcars.. practice.. its easy when you know how to set the car up & treat it right)

Im out.. before I get a warning

Bealdor
11-05-2015, 19:49
the point i was making is we keep getting replies on this topic from those who were testers saying the game is fine or the physics will stay the same, they are broken and not realistic by any means.

Those particular members are not CAR fanatics and know nothing about how a car works when gassing out of a corner let alone any other factors. They should not be here saying anything.

You're saying that the physics are bad because you can't drift like IRL but at the same time use a gamepad that has various steering filters applied that are not made to keep the car drifting because that's not the purpose of this game.
Don't you think your opinion/argument is a little bit flawed in this case?

Dam351
11-05-2015, 19:51
I'm not sure what changes you made to the cars to drift, but maybe you can try lowering the front tyre pressure as much as possible, raising the rear tyre pressure fully, then adjust the LSD of the differential to the highest number, I'm sure theres other stuff u can do too, but just these adjustments on a car like the Formula Rookie or that Caterham someone mentioned^ is going to be a start imo

Hugh Crummond
11-05-2015, 19:55
oh.. and Im not voting on any thread that contains a statement like this..

drop the concept of drifting.

i want the physics fixed.

They are fucked up. Drifting will come naturally when the physics become real.

Until then this game has a long way to go.

RunsWithScissors
11-05-2015, 19:55
im gonna wait until i can get a steering wheel. Looks like im saving up 500$

should be a disclaimer about this.

OneBadHuskerFan
11-05-2015, 19:57
I would MUCH prefer drifting and drag racing be left out of the entire lifetime of the Project CARS series. There are other places for that. I hope this game, and the next iterations of it, just continue to build on this base and keep the racing to real circuit racing.

CRMohiuddin
11-05-2015, 19:57
I remember when drifting was cool in 2006... It's a circuit game full of touring, open wheel, and GT cars, I don't think "drifting" is what they're going for.

Drifting is for kids... Project CARS is for matured sim racing lovers. Go play Need for Speed if you want to drift.

That's just my opinion.

Drifting not for kids cause anyone can't drift as the way to do it. Personally I'm not a good drifter too but any game like NFSW without drifting, I feel incomplete.

That's what I think.

RunsWithScissors
11-05-2015, 19:59
I would MUCH prefer drifting and drag racing be left out of the entire lifetime of the Project CARS series. There are other places for that. I hope this game, and the next iterations of it, just continue to build on this base and keep the racing to real circuit racing.

Can you please emphasize how adding these modes would at all alter your gameplay experience? Drifters won't be playing circuit races... lobby leaders can remove idiots from races, as if they wont exist already...

OneBadHuskerFan
11-05-2015, 20:08
Can you please emphasize how adding these modes would at all alter your gameplay experience? Drifters won't be playing circuit races... lobby leaders can remove idiots from races, as if they wont exist already...

It wouldn't alter my gameplay at all. It would most likely take away resources from the dev team to work on things I don't want in the game. Am I being selfish? Sure, but the game I want doesn't include drifting or drag racing, period. It's not like I'd never buy another game if it was added, but I'd rather they didn't. I'd rather they 100% focus on real world circuit racing and add more cars/tracks/features for the game I want. It's just my opinion, you don't have to like it.

ls13coco
11-05-2015, 20:33
The physics flaws are quite apparent when it comes to the act of drifting some of the cars in this game. Yes, you can do it but the behavior is definitely not authentic.
It is very important to have a good representation of what a car is like over the limit, which is not present in pCars.
I've always been into grip racing first and foremost, but with the costs of getting into higher performance based racing locally I opted out to learn how to drift at the 2 local tracks a few years ago now, I've only drifted 3 cars (240sx, 5.0 stang and 302 swapped rx7 fc) but it is very apparent how unnatural pushing over the limit is in pCars, even though it is doable.
iRacing, LFS, Netkar pro, Assetto Corsa, Rfactor 1, Rfactor 2, GSCE, GTL, R3E, Race 07 all simulate over-driving a car better than pCars so far.

This was my main worry having played both of the Shift games and recalling the over-driving physics in those, and my main issues with that series carried over. FFB, AI and over-driving the car. Luckily, FFB can be dialed in but it seemed the devs surely didn't dial it in for us.

I love this game, I was just hoping for the most authentic car meets road experience. That said, none of the games I listed are perfect and I will continue to play them all, I just wish for these fantastic racing titles to continually grow! :)

Cornflex
11-05-2015, 20:49
If you want drifting, then look at Dirt Rally. It's awsome!
Project cars is perfect the way it is right now. Thank you for a great game! :rolleyes::yes:

RunsWithScissors
12-05-2015, 11:29
The physics flaws are quite apparent when it comes to the act of drifting some of the cars in this game. Yes, you can do it but the behavior is definitely not authentic.
It is very important to have a good representation of what a car is like over the limit, which is not present in pCars.
I've always been into grip racing first and foremost, but with the costs of getting into higher performance based racing locally I opted out to learn how to drift at the 2 local tracks a few years ago now, I've only drifted 3 cars (240sx, 5.0 stang and 302 swapped rx7 fc) but it is very apparent how unnatural pushing over the limit is in pCars, even though it is doable.
iRacing, LFS, Netkar pro, Assetto Corsa, Rfactor 1, Rfactor 2, GSCE, GTL, R3E, Race 07 all simulate over-driving a car better than pCars so far.

This was my main worry having played both of the Shift games and recalling the over-driving physics in those, and my main issues with that series carried over. FFB, AI and over-driving the car. Luckily, FFB can be dialed in but it seemed the devs surely didn't dial it in for us.

I love this game, I was just hoping for the most authentic car meets road experience. That said, none of the games I listed are perfect and I will continue to play them all, I just wish for these fantastic racing titles to continually grow! :)

Thanks for this post; I agree completely. I don't want the Devs to give up working on this. It has some errors in the powersliding department. RWD and AWD