PDA

View Full Version : Changing direction with controller! Something totally wrong!

TurboPeen
08-05-2015, 09:32
There is a serious issue with changing direction on the controller quickly. It simply doesn't register!

Three of us spent the best part of 6 hours yesterday (yes 6 hours!), trying to find a setting to counteract this. We didnt notice an issue at first as we were driving slow to get used to the game in the hatchbacks on offer. It wasn't until we started a career in the shifter carts where it became apparent. Because they are so nimble on track and quite tricky to get used too, you often quickly need to change direction, and if you are too quick with the thumb sticks it either moves really slowly, or somehow manages to not register at all and continues to to hold the original direction.

The easiest way to see this (and it can be done in all cars but karts seem to be effected more) is to stop, point the stick right for example (so that the driver on screen is turning right), then quickly move the stick left. Repeat this a few times and you'll find that you end up holding left for example on the controller but the car/driver on screen is pointing right!!! Its totally ridiculous!

After a while we thought it might just have been that copy of the game but my copy also does it which means its inherent to the game itself. We even went to Forza 5, Horizon 2 and Driveclub on the PS4 and none of these games do that.

I can appreciate what is tying to be achieved here (the fact that in real life you cant switch opposite lock that quickly) and I suspect if you are using a wheel this wouldn't come into play, but using the controller.... come on! Its difficult enough (I should say challenging) without this weirdness going on! Its almost impossible to drive the karts, in particular there is a kart track (sorry i cant remember the name, 2nd race weekend in career i think) where its a series of 6 or 7 quite sharp left right corners, the only way to do this is to let the stick on the controller naturally go back to centre before changing direction, its soooooooo frustrating!!!!

If a player is using a controller then the games needs to detect this and apply some kind of fix.

Or if someone in pCars dev team can provide a settings change solution, that would be great!

Oh and opposite lock assist, plus the 1, 2, 3 settings DO NOT stop this happening!!! Trust me, try it yourself!!! Maybe its an xbox one thing.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

DRiVEandRiDE TV
08-05-2015, 09:47
There is a serious issue with changing direction on the controller quickly. It simply doesn't register!

Three of us spent the best part of 6 hours yesterday (yes 6 hours!), trying to find a setting to counteract this. We didnt notice an issue at first as we were driving slow to get used to the game in the hatchbacks on offer. It wasn't until we started a career in the shifter carts where it became apparent. Because they are so nimble on track and quite tricky to get used too, you often quickly need to change direction, and if you are too quick with the thumb sticks it either moves really slowly, or somehow manages to not register at all and continues to to hold the original direction.

The easiest way to see this (and it can be done in all cars but karts seem to be effected more) is to stop, point the stick right for example (so that the driver on screen is turning right), then quickly move the stick left. Repeat this a few times and you'll find that you end up holding left for example on the controller but the car/driver on screen is pointing right!!! Its totally ridiculous!

After a while we thought it might just have been that copy of the game but my copy also does it which means its inherent to the game itself. We even went to Forza 5, Horizon 2 and Driveclub on the PS4 and none of these games do that.

I can appreciate what is tying to be achieved here (the fact that in real life you cant switch opposite lock that quickly) and I suspect if you are using a wheel this wouldn't come into play, but using the controller.... come on! Its difficult enough (I should say challenging) without this weirdness going on! Its almost impossible to drive the karts, in particular there is a kart track (sorry i cant remember the name, 2nd race weekend in career i think) where its a series of 6 or 7 quite sharp left right corners, the only way to do this is to let the stick on the controller naturally go back to centre before changing direction, its soooooooo frustrating!!!!

If a player is using a controller then the games needs to detect this and apply some kind of fix.

Or if someone in pCars dev team can provide a settings change solution, that would be great!

Oh and opposite lock assist, plus the 1, 2, 3 settings DO NOT stop this happening!!! Trust me, try it yourself!!! Maybe its an xbox one thing.

I found this out yesterday too! I put together a video of Project CARS for my friends showing off some of the cars. And when I started the career mode with the karts, I noticed this happening. You'd take a corner on full lock, and if you swapped to the left, it would stay pointing right and take you straight off of the track. It's like you said, it seems to be if you do it very quickly. But it's something I've never come across in any other game. Hopefully it'll get patched. And I'm guessing you're referring to the Chesterfield kart circuit. With this glitch it was very hard to complete and set a fast time.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 09:53
Known issue. Please set Steering Deadzone to 0 as a temporary workaround.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions

lesterroe
08-05-2015, 10:49
definitely needs a patch for the xbox controller I am all over the shop. need to look at forzas handling and input there set ups or something. iv set my steering to advanced (on).deadzone to 0, controller filtering 100%,force feedback 100%,soft steering visual wheel and opposire lock help all to on....I don't want to trade the game in after a few hours but its unplayable with a control pad.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 11:12
If you're struggling with controller settings please check out the thread I linked above.

lesterroe
08-05-2015, 11:25
definitely needs a patch for the xbox controller I am all over the shop. need to look at forzas handling and input there set ups or something. iv set my steering to advanced (on).deadzone to 0, controller filtering 100%,force feedback 100%,soft steering visual wheel and opposire lock help all to on....I don't want to trade the game in after a few hours but its unplayable with a control pad.

ok best settings I have got and seems to work the best.
steering deadzone 5
steering sensitivity 0
throttle sensitivity 30
brake deadzone 14
brake sensitivity 15
clutch 14
clutch sensitivity 15
speed sensitivity 75
controller filtering 75%
force feedback 80%
advanced (on)
soft steering visual wheel on
opposite lock help on

MonkeyCH
08-05-2015, 12:43
The ONE controller settings in this game are messed up. The PS4 controller behaves much diferent than the ONE controller. I have noticed, that the Stick is only used about 50% of its distance to get a full left/right steering. So 50% of the already small range of the sticks is even more reduced to only 50% of its possible range. I have not found a setting to change this behavior. So my conclusion is, that this game has for 100% sure a faulty ONE controller support, whcih makes playing this game near impossibleas of the much to fast full left/right steering.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 12:51
The ONE controller settings in this game are messed up. The PS4 controller behaves much diferent than the ONE controller. I have noticed, that the Stick is only used about 50% of its distance to get a full left/right steering. So 50% of the already small range of the sticks is even more reduced to only 50% of its possible range. I have not found a setting to change this behavior. So my conclusion is, that this game has for 100% sure a faulty ONE controller support, whcih makes playing this game near impossibleas of the much to fast full left/right steering.

Please try one of the suggestions posted here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions

kelvyn
08-05-2015, 14:25
Hi, I have tried setting the Deadzone to 0 but still getting the locked steering issue, any ideas when this will be fixed?

Zaznex
08-05-2015, 14:26

I'm having the same problems on Xbox One with the controller. I've tried every setting i could find on this forum but it does NOT help even a little bit. The steering is sometimes super sensitive but at some speeds it all seems fine until you need to quickly change directions again. Yesterday i tried to complete some races in the Renault Clio but even that car is undrivable with a controller. The cars oversteers at the slightest touch of the stick (even with all the settings changed) it's ridiculous considering it's a FWD car... Even when i change the setup on the cars it still doesn't do what i want it to do. It feels like the game doens't register the inputs from the controller at some point and on the other hand sometimes it feels like the input multiplied by 100... It feels like i'm driving a car with a broken steering system.

I've always played racing games(Forza 2, 3, 4 and 5/The F1 games/DiRT 1 and 2.......) with a controller and never had these problems. For me this is almost undrivable on my Xbox One controller. I've tried hours to get used to it but there is no consistancy in the steering with the stick so i can't get used to it because of this...

SuperTidosho
08-05-2015, 16:23
Posting here to say that this workaround seemed to fix it for me. I'm starting my game from the bottom, in a Kart. They're cracking machines, realistically twitchy, and the throttle steer is so responsive once the kart is at the right speed, the nose tips in brilliantly. The issue I was having was the steering sticking in the wrong direction on a countersteer, but the deadzone setting 0 seems to fix it.

Played for an hour, and apart from the steering issue, loved every minute, and had a few laughs causing AI to crash spectacularly, chortling wildly knowing their race is screwed! These issues wouldn't be so bad if there was a "happy button" (rewind function), as having to restart a whole race because the steering lock scrwed up is maddening!

One of the Best Yet
08-05-2015, 16:58
Same Issue with the 'Full Lock' steering.

Hope it sorted soon, driving me insane!

DRiVEandRiDE TV
08-05-2015, 17:46
In order to get this issue sorted, I recorded a short video of it so the devs can quickly see what we mean! :) https://youtu.be/VpmvwDjWLSw

ABR Getif
08-05-2015, 19:14
Brilliant post. Glad u filmed this, i have this affecting my game to. Hopefully will be fixed soon.

In order to get this issue sorted, I recorded a short video of it so the devs can quickly see what we mean! :) https://youtu.be/VpmvwDjWLSw