PDA

View Full Version : Xbox one controller, issue/bug changing direction quickly

TurboPeen
08-05-2015, 09:40
Changing direction using the xbone controller quickly doesn't register or does the exact opposite!

Three of us spent the best part of 6 hours yesterday (yes 6 hours!), trying to find a setting to counteract this. We didnt notice at first as we were driving slow to get used to the game in the hatchbacks on offer (this is on xbone btw). It wasn't until we started a career in the shifter carts where it became apparent. Because they are so nimble on track and quite tricky to get used too, you often quickly need to change direction, and if you are too quick with the thumb sticks it either moves really slowly, or somehow manages to not register at all and continues to to hold the original direction.

The easiest way to see this (and it can be done in all cars but karts seem to be effected more) is to stop, point the stick right for example (so that the driver on screen is turning right), then quickly move the stick left. Repeat this a few times and you'll find that you end up holding left for example on the controller but the car/driver on screen is pointing right!!! Its totally ridiculous!

After a while we thought it might just have been that copy of the game but my copy also does it which means its inherent to the game itself. We even went to Forza 5, Horizon 2 and Driveclub on the PS4 and none of these games do this.

I can appreciate what is tying to be achieved here (the fact that in real life you cant switch opposite lock that quickly) and I suspect if you are using a wheel this wouldn't come into play, but using the controller.... come on! Its difficult enough (I should say challenging) without this weirdness going on! Its almost impossible to drive the karts, in particular there is a kart track (sorry i cant remember the name, 2nd race weekend in career i think) where its a series of 6 or 7 quite sharp left right corners, the only way to do this is to let the stick on the controller naturally go back to centre before changing direction, its soooooooo frustrating!!!!

If a player is using a controller then the games needs to detect this and apply some kind of fix.

Or if someone in pCars dev team can provide a settings change solution, that would be great!

Oh and opposite lock assist, plus the 1, 2, 3 settings DO NOT stop this happening!!! Trust me, try it yourself!!! Maybe its an xbox one thing.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Gooseone
08-05-2015, 09:47
It's a known issue, it's being worked on.
On Xb1 it's supposedly remedied by setting deadzone to 0.
I've made thread which could help you in trying to avoid the issue and set up your controller: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21992-Setting-up-a-gamepad