PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Mad Catz Pro Racing Force Feedback Wheel

dominiks
08-05-2015, 09:47
Hi,

I had a strange issue with the Mad Catz Pro Racing Force Feedback Wheel. About every minute it seems like the game freezes for a short time and then continues.
So you're turning into a corner, it freezes and when it comes back you're half way through. Which is really annoying.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,
Dominik

r94
09-05-2015, 08:34
Are you sure that this is something to do with that wheel?

I'm looking to buy a new wheel and thought about Mad Catz one, but if it's something to do with that wheel I think I will pass.

tubbychris1
09-05-2015, 18:29
I have the Mad Catz wheel, and so far I have not had the problems you have encountered dominiks. I am still awaiting some help with configuration settings for the wheel with Project cars given that I am a novice when it comes to this kind of stuff so I cant give much comment on how well it works with the game but been very happy with it on the Forza games.

Buzzwah
12-05-2015, 23:12
I also have the Madcatz wheel and hoping someone will help with the setup on this forum somewhere. I do have the sound tear when going around some corners . I don't know if this is the game , my headset or the wheel?

thisisbleep
13-05-2015, 02:55
I also have the Madcatz wheel and hoping someone will help with the setup on this forum somewhere. I do have the sound tear when going around some corners . I don't know if this is the game , my headset or the wheel?

Sound cutting out can be fixed by turning force feedback off, the developers are aware of this bug.

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 17:14
Sound cutting out can be fixed by turning force feedback off, the developers are aware of this bug.

I love this answer for so many reasons :)

Perhaps the best reason is the most ironic--racing sims require drivers to rely on sound, sight, and feel of vibration, etc...Obviously we cannot efficiently (or affordably) recreate the gforce, so these become even more important. PCars has the added challenge of doing it with only 2 of three possible senses, and the gamer must choose--Sound? or Feedback? Priceless...

Projectmanager
13-05-2015, 17:17
Hi,just thought IDE put my ten pence worth in,my madcatz wheel has been treating me perfectly,on forza 5,can't fault it,calibrated itself to project cars as good as gold,I can't understand and a bit confused why a couple of people are having problems on this game with this wheel,it updated itself on plugging in,for 350 it's definately worth the money,fingers crossed mine stays good,

thisisbleep
14-05-2015, 06:11
I love this answer for so many reasons :)

Perhaps the best reason is the most ironic--racing sims require drivers to rely on sound, sight, and feel of vibration, etc...Obviously we cannot efficiently (or affordably) recreate the gforce, so these become even more important. PCars has the added challenge of doing it with only 2 of three possible senses, and the gamer must choose--Sound? or Feedback? Priceless...

It is a bug and the developers know about it, there really is not much more that can be said about it.

Once the update is released it should fix a lot of the quirks which made it into the release build.

talby71
14-05-2015, 06:20
i have the Mad Catz wheel too, plugged it in , never had an issue even with settings...left it on whatever it was already set too