PDA

View Full Version : Photo Mode doubts!

RIKY-WRC
08-05-2015, 10:02
Hi everyone! I open this new thread due to a thing that I don't know how to do it. I want to take a photo with the background unfocused, with movement.. Something like this: http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Driveclub_OneOne-1.jpg

How can I do that? I don't adjust well the parameters? Also, the parameters of the photo mode are extremely slow to adjust, jesus christ... I spend "just" 3 minutes to go from the left to the right of the parameter... How can I do it faster?

Thanks! Cheers!

PD: I wanna say that I love the entire game, is absolutely amazing, but it's starting to make me mad the photo mode's working :'(

danowat
08-05-2015, 10:03
Photomode is very poorly implemented, when compared to it's peers, I hope there will be some big improvments in the future.

RIKY-WRC
08-05-2015, 11:48
Photomode is very poorly implemented, when compared to it's peers, I hope there will be some big improvments in the future.

Yep, but... Are we able to do pictures little the one I've shown?

iv-tecman
08-05-2015, 15:14

Tell me about it. Feels totally unfinished and worse offender, cant use photo mode in replay mode. Who the heck uses photo mode whilst driving around... Baffles me, I guess SMS just ran out of time. I have photo mode on my list of hopeful improvements..

macmac__
08-05-2015, 15:22
At least something like it :)
DoF blur is fully adjustable on pc at least. What kind of settings are available on ps4?
Motion blur is whole another matter and it should "just work". Take some speed and there should be motion blur, below is image from pc, for reference with available controls and blur, it was taken at around 90km/h
http://i.imgur.com/o52qPlVl.jpg (http://imgur.com/o52qPlV)
Yeah, the sliders are so sloooow on pad :/
Front of the car it's only motion blur, car has some DoF blur on it's back and background has both.

E: Can't use in replay? That's too bad :(

JohnSchoonsBeard
08-05-2015, 21:46
There seem to be issues with some photos. PS4

This image has been created with corrupt data in the top left.

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/10495705_704106763045132_2102739410236041960_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Are ps4 / consoles not able to create better quality Ultra hD imagesas good as PC. Would be nice without compression etc. Like on GT5/6

DazzElle
09-05-2015, 03:34
I would like to be able to take photos using the share button while in the garage in the car info section,where it has close up detailed angles, but without all the stuff on the screen.

Chairman7w
13-05-2015, 17:47
And if you use the PS4 share screen cap, there's Ghosting. Not sure what's doing on here. But I *really* hope they fix that, cause Photo Mode is one of my favorite things about modern games. Drive Club really nailed it, and I hope they can work it out here.

Example of Ghosting:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/Chairman7w/Funny%20Gifs/Video%20Game%20Screenshots/885777_1575995159319285_6402031220548995303_o.jpg

graveltrap
13-05-2015, 17:51
It's a feature I doubt I will touch unless it is implemented in replays :(

Beardybrave
13-05-2015, 21:09
The current interface is clearly designed for PC. Those sliders are so slow with a pad. I've managed to get some decent shots out of it, but I'm not spending that much time fighting those sliders. )

Hopefully it'll get optimised for controllers along with the rest of the interface, sooner rather than later.

SpaceMachine
13-05-2015, 23:18
The load screen banner that keeps reminding me about checking out all the great photos online is starting to irritate now.

I WANT TO TAKE PHOTOS TOO!

Please fix it SMS; the silly sliders, the lack of photo options in replay, all of the above. Please?

Nato777
04-06-2015, 03:50
Photomode is the biggest disappointment of project CARS (PS4) for me. It's just so restrictive and the total lack of motion blur is infuriating, especially as PC seems to have it. Would love the photomode to be able to take high quality uncompressed images too as currently the compression is pretty horendous. Please SMS, give the photomode a makeover sometime soon.

Shogun613
04-06-2015, 04:32
I agree that photomode needs to be reworked. Instead of using terms like "Focal Fade Depth" or "Focal Sharp Depth", they should just use standard photographic terms like aperture, shutter speed, etc... That would make things so much easier, along with making the sliders faster for use with a pad. In photography, if you want the car to be sharp but the foreground and background to be blurred to portray movement, you would select a slow enough shutter speed to be able to pan with the car as it passes which freezes the movement of the car only. A shutter speed slider would be good for this.
As far as having the background blurred out, that actually depends on two things - The focal length of the lens you are using, and the aperature (f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, etc...). In f stops, the smaller the number, (f/2.8 as opposed to f/8) gives you a wider opening which in turn gives you a thinner focal plane - in layman's english, a more blurred background. Higher f numbers give you smaller openings which give you more depth of field, more focus from front to back in the image.
With that being said, using a longer focal lengths, like say 135 or 200mm pronounces the effect of the blurred background. Gran Turismo had all of this nailed down pretty good. Hopefully they'll take a look at all of this in a future patch.

JessicaWalter
21-06-2015, 17:28
i can't figure out how to move the camera. the L2/R2 triggers do nothing, neither independently nor collectively. the R in the circle (which i interpreted as the right stick) doesn't do anything when moved/clicked/clicked and moved/all of the above while trying all variations of L2/R2 presses.

i gave up trying to take a picture.

danowat
21-06-2015, 18:44
All you can do is orbit the camera, and zoom in/out.

JessicaWalter
22-06-2015, 14:58
All you can do is orbit the camera, and zoom in/out.

can you do that on ps4? if so, could you tell me how? no buttons or sticks do anything for me. im always staring at the hood and have a bunch of sliders there. there's buttons listed at the bottom of the screen but they dont work

danowat
22-06-2015, 15:03
can you do that on ps4? if so, could you tell me how? no buttons or sticks do anything for me. im always staring at the hood and have a bunch of sliders there. there's buttons listed at the bottom of the screen but they dont work

You can indeed, one of the sticks (can't remember off the top of my head which one) orbits, L1/R1 zooms in and out.