PDA

View Full Version : getting pretty bad lag in some online races

Mike 1982
08-05-2015, 10:14
some races for me are smooth but some have bad frame rate issues and lag. It sometimes happens when someone leaves the lobby but also happens at other times. Might they fix this with a patch?

Max Kelly
08-05-2015, 14:59
only in online races?

Mike 1982
08-05-2015, 18:45
I have not played single player. Might just be when in a lobby with Australians etc (I am in UK) and so is just a latency issue as some races are pretty smooth even at the start with 10 cars in front of you. Get a hickup when someone leaves but get worse lag at other times in some races with frame rate loss.

Mike 1982
08-05-2015, 21:45
... I think some of it is screen tearing - when you get a bad one of those the whole screen can sort of freeze for a moment. Overall my experience this evening has been good.

brettz0r
09-05-2015, 07:59
some races for me are smooth but some have bad frame rate issues and lag. It sometimes happens when someone leaves the lobby but also happens at other times. Might they fix this with a patch?

I have the same issues (and so do my friends in the same lobbies) - the game runs very smoothly right up until someone joins / leaves the lobby.
It creates the game to basically stop for an instant then catch up a second later. Very frustrating.