PDA

View Full Version : Formula A - solution to spinning out of slow corners

thomasjohansen
08-05-2015, 10:27
I have had better handling feeling when altering these:

Breakingbalance changed to 70
Breaking map changed to 2
changes 2nd gear to 2.00

that keept me from spinning out of slow corners, when breaking and acceleration.

hkraft300
08-05-2015, 12:53
How well do your front tires cope with so much front bias?
Your 2nd gear ratio will be affected by your final drive ratio (diff ratio) - what are you using for that?

Out of slow corners (eg chicanes at Monza), I'm just patient with the gas until I short-shift to 3rd. That's worked for me. Even with traction control, I spin like a ballerina all the way to the barrier.

Coming out of slow corners, you're gonna have traction issues in any 700+hp car and mad sideways with the slightest steering angle xD

My brake bias is 58% front.

Bobbydakid
08-05-2015, 13:44
How well do your front tires cope with so much front bias?
Your 2nd gear ratio will be affected by your final drive ratio (diff ratio) - what are you using for that?

Out of slow corners (eg chicanes at Monza), I'm just patient with the gas until I short-shift to 3rd. That's worked for me. Even with traction control, I spin like a ballerina all the way to the barrier.

Coming out of slow corners, you're gonna have traction issues in any 700+hp car and mad sideways with the slightest steering angle xD

My brake bias is 58% front.

I've been driving the Formula 1 car round Monza and had this issue accelerating out of the first chicane always spinning. Got my brake bias at 64% front and reduced the traction control slip (I think it's called that). You really just have to be smooth with the throttle and steering, have to say the Formula 1 cars are amazing to drive. This game is so much fun!

Mad Al
08-05-2015, 15:29
I have had better handling feeling when altering these:

Breakingbalance changed to 70
Breaking map changed to 2
changes 2nd gear to 2.00

that keept me from spinning out of slow corners, when breaking and acceleration.

Engine brake mapping, higher numbers give LESS engine brake effect.. so lowering it will actually increase the odds of locking the rears into a corner

You may want to check the diff settings too.. raise the decal lock to help reduce the lockups on corner entry

thomasjohansen
08-05-2015, 19:17
thx for the tips, can see that my settings contradict it selfs, will try to alter them, though it works for me at the moment.

breaking balance at 70 do make the breakes hotter when breaking late.

Bobbydakid
09-05-2015, 12:22
Engine brake mapping, higher numbers give LESS engine brake effect.. so lowering it will actually increase the odds of locking the rears into a corner

You may want to check the diff settings too.. raise the decal lock to help reduce the lockups on corner entry

Thanks for the tip on the diff settings, really helped me out :)

Steve Loader
09-05-2015, 13:12

Hi Al, not sure if I'm loosing it but I can't find any diff settings (or gear ratios) - at least not in the Car Setup screens?

edit: ok found them using the page selection arrows I missed at the far right of the screen. Suggestion: move the arrows to the left side next to the setup screen titles

Diluvian
09-05-2015, 15:13
Ever thought about not shifting down to that gear? Sometimes it's better to keep in a higher gear. I almost never shift down to first gear for example. Changing the brake balance 70% to front isn't a good choice. When shifting down to second gear, try to lower the braking-pressure - the second gear has so much more deceleration-momentum that you do not need to brake that hard with the brakes itself. I'm currently driving the
SMS-R Driver Network Championship (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/esports.html) (everyone can participate ingame) and had to find a solution not to spin too (didn't drive the the formula A much) - I'm currently placed 27 so I'm not to bad with that :-) Try it out!

Here is the screen for the gearing:

The box withing the text "GEARING" contains two arrows on the right - with them you can switch through all settings.

NVI0U5
10-05-2015, 01:03
Ever thought about not shifting down to that gear? Sometimes it's better to keep in a higher gear. I almost never shift down to first gear for example. Changing the brake balance 70% to front isn't a good choice. When shifting down to second gear, try to lower the braking-pressure - the second gear has so much more deceleration-momentum that you do not need to brake that hard with the brakes itself. I'm currently driving the
SMS-R Driver Network Championship (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/esports.html) (everyone can participate ingame) and had to find a solution not to spin too (didn't drive the the formula A much) - I'm currently placed 27 so I'm not to bad with that :-) Try it out!

Here is the screen for the gearing:

The box withing the text "GEARING" contains two arrows on the right - with them you can switch through all settings.

What Diluvian said, try different techniques, I find coming through the chicane in the SMSR event I go through in 4th instead of the recommended 3rd gear because the rear likes to slide under full acceleration upon exit due to weight transition, the 700hp motor has a enough torque to pull through the corner, short shifting helps as well

headfake
10-05-2015, 02:37
I've been having a lot of instant snap spins as soon as I put it into 2nd in the Barcelona event. I think it must be a setting related to the differential locking (mentioned above already) but I haven't had time to try it yet.

dvc
10-05-2015, 10:19
The best solution is to feather your throttle more gently and concentrate and practice more. :)

Diluvian
10-05-2015, 14:52
I again took a look at my driving and I recognized that I'm slightly on throttle when shifting down to second gear - I'm not completely off the throttle. I don't know if this is a common way to prevent that.

hkraft300
11-05-2015, 07:36
Brake balance will only help if you are spinning BEFORE the turn.

If you are spinning on EXIT, ie when accelerating OUT after the turn:-
Diff adjustments will help, adjust 2nd gear ratio to a lower number, and you have to go easy on the gas.
I short shift to 3rd out of a slow corner often.

Stomping the throttle on 2nd, even going in a straight line with TC on you will probably spin in the FA cars.
Go easy on the throttle til you get to 3rd and straightened up the steering.

hanteed24
11-05-2015, 16:28
is post 1 and 8 working for formula A?

hanteed24
11-05-2015, 20:06
anyone help?wich is the best solution from spinning out post 1 is not solution?where i can high up sensitivity for only formula A not for all cars??

Bobbydakid
11-05-2015, 20:38
In the diff settings raising the decal lock will help.

headfake
11-05-2015, 23:22
Seems like the transmission is not matching the revs properly when you downshift to 2nd. It's the same thing that would happen on a non-electronic transmission if you downshifted without blipping enough--slight lockup / "chirp" of the rear wheels. If you downshift with the wheel turned, as would be normal in T5, you'll spin right away. You can avoid it by significantly delaying the downshift to 2nd, but it feels unnatural.

hkraft300
12-05-2015, 07:06
anyone help?wich is the best solution from spinning out post 1 is not solution?where i can high up sensitivity for only formula A not for all cars??

What exactly is your problem - are you spinning on corner ENTRY or EXIT?
Because either situation has a different solution for driving technique and car setup.

BugBeaR
12-05-2015, 09:21
I again took a look at my driving and I recognized that I'm slightly on throttle when shifting down to second gear - I'm not completely off the throttle. I don't know if this is a common way to prevent that.

Yeah mate, for all RWD that is almost required when you breaking very hard before a corner. This prevent the RW to loose the power and that minimum you keep there produce enough grip for stability. There is another technic when you just "kick" the throttle every time you backshifting at each gear. Thats also prevent sliding while optimize the RPM for clutch which produce a faster transmission. Search senna + suzuka + nissan words in Youtube and you will understand the motion better. :cool:

hanteed24
12-05-2015, 10:01
What exactly is your problem - are you spinning on corner ENTRY or EXIT?
Because either situation has a different solution for driving technique and car setup.

im spinning on exit i tried all tunnings setups but i think its bug

hkraft300
12-05-2015, 10:45
im spinning on exit i tried all tunings setups but i think its bug

It's probably your driving technique.

You are getting on the throttle too much too soon. Wait til the steering is straight, then slowly apply throttle (about 30-50% on 2nd gear) then shift early to 3rd.

Stay away from the curbs. Raise the ride height. Slow in, fast out.

Try watch some videos of how others take turn 1 @ Monza.

Spirit X
12-05-2015, 17:26
This may not be appropriate for Formula A (I haven't tried it) but I just spent an afternoon playing around with the BAC Mono, trying to make it behave nicely. After watching a tuning video that said softening the rear springs causes oversteer, I went into the game to see how much of an effect it had and to my surprise it allowed me to be much more aggressive on corner exits and made the car generally more stable under acceleration.

Not sure why my findings contradicted the video I watched but at least I found a way to improve the feel of the vehicle.

hanteed24
12-05-2015, 18:39
It's probably your driving technique.

You are getting on the throttle too much too soon. Wait til the steering is straight, then slowly apply throttle (about 30-50% on 2nd gear) then shift early to 3rd.

Stay away from the curbs. Raise the ride height. Slow in, fast out.

Try watch some videos of how others take turn 1 @ Monza.
thanks,im playing better

Horley_OvK
13-05-2015, 05:20
thanks,im playing better

I noticed that after exiting a tight corner in second gear, when I released the joystick to a neutral position, the steering wheel (in-game) wasn't necessarily straight before I was hitting accelerate. I'm not sure what the setting is for the in-game turn speed is, but it might help to tweak/pay attention to this.

Mr Beallions
23-05-2015, 19:43
Some things that help my setups:

Mentioned above I almost never go into first gear
Adjust the gear ratio for second, I always move it a couple notches up, this usually prevents me from losing the back end when i down shift.
Adjust other gear ratios dependent on the turns using that gear i.e, if i have a corner where i use 5th but cant quite full throttle the corner i will lower the settings until i can full throttle through the 5th gear turns.
as for the brake balance, I have the pressure around 95-98% I then adjust the balance until I get no lock-up under high braking, or the fronts lock, when the rears lock you tend to lose the back end..usually i'm around 55-58%
Some corners i will down shift to 3rd (coast in) and as soon as the car wont fully make turn ill down shift to 2nd, this will pull the front end into the corner. then slowly start accelerating out, full throttle once steering has straightened.

Hopefully this helps someone

Skanda-Five
30-05-2015, 21:17
Hiya!
I have been having real trouble with corner entry oversteer in Formula A.
I was spinning on entry to all slow chicanes like those on Monza and Imola.
I'm on PS4 Using DS4 controller.
I have been experimenting with Anti-Roll Bars (Sway Bars) to help counter this problem.

The front has a range from 0N/mm (softest) to 500N/mm (hardest) and the rear runs from 0N/mm to 250N/mm.
The default has the front set at 70N/mm and the rear at 25N/mm.

I have set them both to exactly midway and it's a different car for me.
Much better entering slow turns and much more stable and predictable. I am even catch more spins with opposite lock.

Does anyone know why the defaults are set so low?

Machinist90
30-05-2015, 21:24
lowering the LSD to 0 fixed that issue for me with the oldschool Lotus 98T...maybe it works for F1 as well?

MULTIVITZ
30-05-2015, 21:34
Watch my next installment in the Training Rig. Around Dubia shes not happy and refuses to do as she's told.
Learn why with step by step guides and small but crucial adjustments. Watch the back end until the alterations are made as swipping the bails makes a right mess of the track!
Ali won't have me back if you wreck the track again, like I did!

MULTIVITZ
30-05-2015, 21:37
lowering the LSD to 0 fixed that issue for me with the oldschool Lotus 98T...maybe it works for F1 as well?

Ok if you're going down the shops? imho

Machinist90
30-05-2015, 21:43
Ok if you're going down the shops? imho

still works,and keeps car controllable with a pad...
not opinion,fact

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 01:14
still works,and keeps car controllable with a pad...
not opinion,fact

Set the diff properly, the only thing that will stop it working is if I blow your engine up!
Your mums car works the same way. I've just been talking about it over in my thread.
I'm just 'avin a larf wichya. Go learn:)

All damages payed in advance through 'Forza insurance groupe dlc'.
Don't call us we'll call you players league.
Please agree to the terms and conditions in advance. You can read them 'here', if you have a magnifying glass, or mircoscope.

Machinist90
31-05-2015, 10:20
Set the diff properly, the only thing that will stop it working is if I blow your engine up!
Your mums car works the same way. I've just been talking about it over in my thread.
I'm just 'avin a larf wichya. Go learn:)

All damages payed in advance through 'Forza insurance groupe dlc'.
Don't call us we'll call you players league.
Please agree to the terms and conditions in advance. You can read them 'here', if you have a magnifying glass, or mircoscope.

it works for me so I'm not going to mess it up,thanks but no thanks

TrevorAustin
31-05-2015, 11:42
Some great advice here. The Formula A cars are a real handful, as they should be!

And some not so great advice, Don't think I've ever been on a forum where one person is quite so up themselves!!! WIsh that ignore button worked properly so I couldn't see the posts were even there! Never been quite so irritated by anyone:) Back to my feeble attempts to tame Monza, lol.

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 12:28
Some great advice here. The Formula A cars are a real handful, as they should be!

And some not so great advice, Don't think I've ever been on a forum where one person is quite so up themselves!!! WIsh that ignore button worked properly so I couldn't see the posts were even there! Never been quite so irritated by anyone:) Back to my feeble attempts to tame Monza, lol.

Try before you buy?

Machinist90
31-05-2015, 17:46

yeah he annoys me as well...chuffin' knob