PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster T300RS PS4

Danno
08-05-2015, 10:34
I'm after a few tips on setting up a t300rs. PS4. Apparently this wheel has presets in the game. I now know after a day of changing settings, that the preferred rotation setting on the wheel is 900 degrees (Thrustmaster Facebook page). Is it possible to reset the settings for this wheel to the default preset for that wheel??? I would like to try it with the correct rotation settings.

The game looks good, I just need to get the wheel settings right. Any ideas appreciated.

_MB_
08-05-2015, 11:22
Go to wheel calibrations setting and if i remember correctly its triangle to reset

Danno
08-05-2015, 19:21
Thanks I'll give that a try.

PHB1969
08-05-2015, 19:50
Hi - started off in career mode with karts and all ok with T300RS. Got an invitational for a Megane RS and feels that it won't go round corners unless you are going really slow and stick a huge amount of lock on. Have tried restricting the rotation down to 540, then 360 degrees, but it still feels awkward.

Am I experiencing my own challenges with the physics of the game or can I set the wheel up better to help with this. Thanks

Danno
09-05-2015, 10:08
I just got home from work and reset it all to factory defaults.using 900 degree mode on the wheel. It is ok but it requires far too much turning of the wheel to get round corners. Thrustmaster said at 900 degrees it would match the steering wheel response in cockpit view. I don't see that happening on my screen. Thanks for the tip on resetting MB. I guess I should have picked that up. Looks like it needs more adjusting yet. Might try again tomorrow night after work. Zzzz

I have since figured it out��

joep87
09-05-2015, 18:34
In a similar situation here - just progressed from 125's to the superkarts and they're super fun with the t300rs, all settings stock. Moving to more standard cars, however, is a nightmare when it comes to cornering. It feels like I have to go stupidly slow to get round any corner. Settings issue or just a steep learning curve? I have a feeling it may be the latter, although the higher performance cars (gt3's etc.) Seem easier to wrestle around corners quickly so far.

PHB1969
09-05-2015, 19:00
I've spent some time on the game today and seem to be getting used to it. The wheel is setup at 900 degrees and matches the in car camera view of the wheel angle.

I also increased wheel sensitivity from 50 to 60.

The issue may the real life physics, don't forget something like a Megane is going to be a huge amount heavier than the karts and many of the light weight sports cars so could be prone to understeer. I also dropped the front tyre pressures down to 1.70 bar to try to reduce understeer. I tried running a Formula A at Brands Hatch Indy circuit and it's absolutely spot on.....I think it's a familiarity thing - interestingly going back to the super kart then becomes difficult!

brit999
09-05-2015, 19:06
I'm after a few tips on setting up a t300rs. PS4. Apparently this wheel has presets in the game. I now know after a day of changing settings, that the preferred rotation setting on the wheel is 900 degrees (Thrustmaster Facebook page). Is it possible to reset the settings for this wheel to the default preset for that wheel??? I would like to try it with the correct rotation settings.

The game looks good, I just need to get the wheel settings right. Any ideas appreciated.

I have tried every rotation setting and they all feel as though I need to put too much in. For me I change the rotation to 270 on every car. I just feel that it gives me the precision that I would like.

LtDuder
09-05-2015, 19:26
Would anything on this help?
http://youtu.be/mlOdRTB4njY
It's the inside sim racing setup tips for the T300

TCR79
09-05-2015, 21:36
I think PHB is right. If you're going from Kart/Superkart to a Megane of course it's going to feel a lot different in terms of turn in and corner speed.

Instead of changing the wheel rotation, try changing the wheel sensitivity maybe and deadzone maybe?

Padmod
09-05-2015, 21:41
In cockpit view do your movements match the drivers movements 1:1? If not you need to calibrate the wheel. As others have said, you can't expect a front wheel drive road car to handle similarly to a go kart.

hitmanvega
10-05-2015, 04:25
Would lowering the steering ratio help? If so,by how much?

TomekCB
10-05-2015, 08:22
You have to calibrate your wheel. In the calibration process of the game you have first steer full in one diraction and press ok. Than turn you wheel to center and than 90 degree to one direction. You should get a 900degree on screen. If you do that wrong thats what cause your problem.

The calibration Prozess ist described very bad in pCars. Almost nothing ist on AAA level. UI is unoptimised and on consoles sliders in options haven't the right resolution. Almost every slider is in 5% steps. Like deadzone.

I hope they fix this thing.

Danno
10-05-2015, 10:11
Thanks so much LtDuder. Looks like a very comprehensive video

Danno
10-05-2015, 10:48
Thanks TomekCB. I'll try that. I have only been turning 90degrees then pressing next

sirsnifthespeed
10-05-2015, 23:46
How u change ur degrees?

TCR79
10-05-2015, 23:57
Would anything on this help?
http://youtu.be/mlOdRTB4njY
It's the inside sim racing setup tips for the T300

I found this video very helpful. A much improved FFB feel now and a good starting point for most cars.

sirsnifthespeed
11-05-2015, 00:47
Ist it 1080 the rotation?

Danno
11-05-2015, 02:38
Okay i finally have it set to match the screen view and it is quite driveable. I am sure that other tweeks will make it better but this should at least get you started.

Firstly set the wheel rotation to 900 degrees. {on the steering wheel itself} This is done by pressing the dpad button left or right and pressing the mode button once. the mode light will flash.1 Flash - 270 degrees.2 Flashes - 360 degrees.3 flashes - 540 degrees.4 flashes - 900 degrees.5 flashes - 1080 degrees.

So it needs to flash 4 times. Then the wheel is set to 900 degrees.

Then go to the wheel calibration page in the game. Start Calibration. Rotate the wheel all the way anticlockwise till it stops, then press next.

{this next bit is what I and most people have been doing wrong as the directions on screen are not clear or accurate}

Then rotate the wheel clockwise till it reads 900 degrees exactly. then press next.

Hopefully it should then match the cockpit view and be easy to drive.

The fine tuning of the wheel can then be done. See the youtube video link posted by LtDuder.

Thanks all for your help.

Danno
11-05-2015, 06:13
Snifty using the dpad left or right and press the mode button once. See my post above
. I have it working almost perfect now.

wahwah
11-05-2015, 08:21
Firstly set the wheel rotation to 900 degrees. {on the steering wheel itself} This is done by pressing the dpad button left or right and pressing the mode button once. the mode light will flash.1 Flash - 270 degrees.2 Flashes - 360 degrees.3 flashes - 540 degrees.4 flashes - 900 degrees.5 flashes - 1080 degrees.

So it needs to flash 4 times. Then the wheel is set to 900 degrees.

Excellent point, Danno, and the final piece in the T300 calibration puzzle! I forgot that the T300 defaults to its 1080 degree maximum and so needs to be set to 900 for P Cars.

A couple more tweaks I have found useful for tightening up the T300 in general are as follows...

In Options > Controls > Configuration, try setting Steering Deadzone to 0, and increasing Steering Sensitivity to 65 or thereabouts, to make the wheel more responsive.

In Controls > Calibrate Force Feedback, try setting Wheel Position Smoothing to 0. This seems to eliminate some of the 'indirectness' of the wheel position and generally tightens things up.

Then the next setting, Deadzone Removal Range, try setting it to 0.05. This eliminates the last traces of steering deadzone, and makes the steering very direct and kinda 'pointy', as in the car goes where you point it :) Deadzone Removal Falloff can be left where it is, or increased a notch, even though, confusingly, it has two notch settings with the same numbers on each notch.

In general, these settings seem to really tighten up the steering response of the T300 in PCars. Steering Sensitivity will be to taste, but for those who like their steering to be direct, increasing this value will certainly help.

What a great driving game, and what a great wheel the T300 is. I think the guys at Slightly Mad would be sitting back grinning at all of us trying to work out their cryptic control system, but as it dawns on us just how much control we have, even on consoles, it will be our turn to grin too. Hopefully in a future update they will give console players increments of 1 instead of 5 on most of these controls, and we can refine our settings.

Happy driving!

embe71
11-05-2015, 08:49
The wheel doesn't have to be set "manually" to 900 degrees via DPAD, there's absolutely no need for this:
Make sure you have the switch at "PS4" when connecting the wheel: Then just calibrate the T300RS ingame via controller-setting and turn it in the second step to 900 as also described earlier: Done (wheel on screen matches the real wheel perfectly when playing).

As for other settings that work quite well (more adjustments have to be done by car):

FF: 100
Tire Force: 70-100
Deadzone Removal: 0,05-0,08
Relative Adjust Gain 1.10
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.95

Also I have set all controller-deadzones (brake, wheel, gas) to 0 but that's personal preference.

Danno
11-05-2015, 09:01
Even if it's set to 270 degrees embe71 ?

I was just passing on what worked for me.

embe71
11-05-2015, 09:03
The setting done with the DPAD isn't stored permamently: So if you turn the wheel off/pull the plug it reset's again to the default setting which should be used when calibrated ingame. Also it's important to have the switch to be set to "PS4" and not "PS3" to have the wheel to be recognized as T300RS and not as a T500RS.

Ruitjerru
11-05-2015, 10:38

I had the same problems, what i did was the following
During Calibration, only turn the wheel 360 degrees instead how far it will go, then in the next step you are supposed to turn it 90 degress, but instead I turned it a lot further until on screen it says 160 degrees.
Save these setting and now I can do 180-210 degree corners in the game by turning my steering wheel only 90-100 degrees, getting around corners much easier.
Easier green corners are also better handled, like in a real car only turning the wheel a bit left or right.
Yellow corners are somewhere in between, normally 40-60 degree turn will get me around these corners

bjorr
11-05-2015, 12:06
I have a bit of a problem with my T300RS on the PS4. It doesn't seem to be centered properly, I tried to calibrate the wheel a lot of time but it never does seem to center the wheel properly. The center's alway off a few degrees to the left. I made a video of the calibration process, please look out for my annotations, where I'm describing the wheel position: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPi3zmox82Y
Is there any help for this problem?

wahwah
11-05-2015, 13:43
The setting done with the DPAD isn't stored permamently: So if you turn the wheel off/pull the plug it reset's again to the default setting which should be used when calibrated ingame. Also it's important to have the switch to be set to "PS4" and not "PS3" to have the wheel to be recognized as T300RS and not as a T500RS.

Ah, quite right. Thank you for the correction.

wahwah
11-05-2015, 13:54
I have a bit of a problem with my T300RS on the PS4. It doesn't seem to be centered properly, I tried to calibrate the wheel a lot of time but it never does seem to center the wheel properly. The center's alway off a few degrees to the left. I made a video of the calibration process, please look out for my annotations, where I'm describing the wheel position: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPi3zmox82Y
Is there any help for this problem?

Have you tried calibrating the wheel within itself recently?

PROCEDURE TO PERFECTLY CENTER THE WHEEL
1) Once the wheel is connected (and after the wheel has calibrated itself), turn the wheel completely to the left and then completely to the right.
2) Next, move the wheel to its perfectly centered position.
3) Simultaneously press and then release the START (Share) + SELECT (Option) + MODE buttons.
4) The wheel's new central value is automatically and permanently saved in the wheel's internal Flash memory

In the game, all you need do is follow the two steps...turn the wheel fully either right or left, save, and then re-centre the wheel, then turn it to around 90 degrees then watch the numbers until it is exactly 900, then save.

_MB_
11-05-2015, 14:54
I've not had any problems with the wheel,i've never had to change the degree of rotation so its puzzling why people are having issues and im pretty sure you shouldn't need to manually change wheel rotation at least i haven't needed too.

Im not saying there is no issue,maybe there is and im a lucky one that hasn't experienced this.
Someone above mention steering wheel input to match 1:1 which i agree with if it isn't maybe its been calibrated incorrectly.(IN game)
When calibrating in game settings make sure after you turned full lock you return to centre before turning 90 degrees again (this is where it seems many have gone wrong)
Obviously make sure its on Ps4 not Ps3

Also to get a better ffb feel i recommend these settings http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22592-wheel-ffb-setting-prob-need-help&p=896168&viewfull=1#post896168

beltanedeath55
12-05-2015, 11:43
depends where you start the game i guess.....i started 2 careers one in rookie cup and one in clio cup. my 300rs works spot on out of the box. (having raced round cadwell in real life the wheel is perfect) when i got a go in karts, they seem stupidly twitchy and uncontrollable.... but i guess if you started on karts cars will seem slow.

belt

martinm1289
12-05-2015, 16:26
Have you tried calibrating the wheel within itself recently?

PROCEDURE TO PERFECTLY CENTER THE WHEEL
1) Once the wheel is connected (and after the wheel has calibrated itself), turn the wheel completely to the left and then completely to the right.
2) Next, move the wheel to its perfectly centered position.
3) Simultaneously press and then release the START (Share) + SELECT (Option) + MODE buttons.
4) The wheel's new central value is automatically and permanently saved in the wheel's internal Flash memory

In the game, all you need do is follow the two steps...turn the wheel fully either right or left, save, and then re-centre the wheel, then turn it to around 90 degrees then watch the numbers until it is exactly 900, then save.

Just to add to this, even though the thread is for the rs, if you have the gte version it is not possible to press start and select at the same time. To manual calibrate on the gte it's scroll, right shifter and mode at the same time.

Danno
13-05-2015, 21:13
What a game. After some initial whinging and confusion setting the wheel up and the cars I would have to say I now love this game. Some improvements and glitch repairs are still required by SMS, and a comprehensive manual would be great to perfect things, but in the meantime I am now having a lot of fun. YeeHaa 😀😀😀😀👍🏻

dwalldorf
15-05-2015, 20:59
Just to add to this, even though the thread is for the rs, if you have the gte version it is not possible to press start and select at the same time. To manual calibrate on the gte it's scroll, right shifter and mode at the same time.

Hey, I have a question. I'm struggling to center my T300 GTE and I just seem too stupid to do so. What buttons do I have to press after centering it manually? Right shifter and Mode is clear. What is scroll?

Edit:
Never mind, got it.. :onthego:

Skeme_DBT
15-05-2015, 22:46
Yeah, its just a pretty steep learning curve. After mastering the karts, driving the standard cars are jarring to drive at first until youve spent a lot of time in them.
One thing I found that helped a little for me, was to tune the car so that the back end goes out slightly. To do this, just add a little bit to the rear in the 'Brake Balance' setting.