PDA

View Full Version : thrustmaster t100 anyone??

emjey
08-05-2015, 10:56
hi everyone
i have the t100 as a first wheel ever.i know its not the best but for a begginer its working nice.eheh
i was wondering if there`s more players that have this wheel so we can change opinions and setups...and even do some races!!

maddutchy61
08-05-2015, 11:12
I think i am going to pick that one up next week

hkraft300
08-05-2015, 11:18
That's what i'm saving up for.
Not everyone has $600 for a T500RS!
How do you have yours mounted? I'm thinking of knocking up a timber frame to mount the wheel and pedals, maybe with an old chair/seat of some sort.

emjey
08-05-2015, 11:38
for now its mounted on my desk and its working fine...took a little effort to setup in the game but once you start getting accustomed, its good!!ffb is nice and the pedals have a nice feel too...as a starting wheel, was what i could pay.
maybe logitech will give us a nice suprise in the near future and then i will buy a better wheel ;)

Firefox02
08-05-2015, 11:48
I'm looking for a wheel.
does it come with pedals and force feedback :-) ?

emjey
08-05-2015, 13:13
yes

Crisis Nine
08-05-2015, 13:23
I got one last month in readiness for this. I love it. Only used it on DriveClub at the moment but my Project CARS pre-order is arriving today so should be on it tonight hopefully!

I built myself a wooden stand and its fine on that.

Be interested to get some tip on wheel set up for this though as from what I've seen on other forums the settings can be quite difficult to perfect.

Golden28
08-05-2015, 13:36
I have this wheel, my first FFB ever and I'm really enjoying it on the default settings, well most on cars anyway. Some I just can't control properly, like the higher level Formula's and LMP1's!

Maybe that's just me but I would be very interested to know anyone who has fiddled with the default settings/parameters and Force Feedback settings to get better results.

P.S I have it hilariously mounted on the ironing board at the moment whilst awaiting my Wheelstand Pro 2.

Below is a link to my first run with it using a BMW GT car. The feeling compared to the controller was amazing.

View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/1rf78h/8)

Dasidnii
08-05-2015, 14:07
Where are you guys buying your t100s at? On amazon it says they are out of stock

Crisis Nine
08-05-2015, 14:32
Got mind from Amazon.de. Same unit you'd get from Amazon.co.uk but for about £40 less.

Golden28
08-05-2015, 14:38
Got mine from Box. Last one, then they sold out. I think everyone was scrambling for them once Project Cars release date was confirmed!

Tone Deco
08-05-2015, 14:46
I also bought this one as my first wheel. Really enjoying the game and especially the sim feeling with the T100, although I think the best experience can be achieved with a couple of adjustments in the settings. It's just a feeling tho. :D We need a pro to test it for us and post his thoughts! :p

emjey
08-05-2015, 16:52
my wheel setup is working for me like this.

steering deadzone - 5
steering sensitivity - 50
throttle deadzone - 8
throttle sensitivity - 30
brake deadzone - 6
brake sensitivity - 25

=

force feedback - 50

for now its working nice for me like this.all the rest is still standart.
if someone more experience can drope some more feedback on others setups plz do so

leave your opinion guys

alexxoux
11-05-2015, 07:32
Hello to every one

i m using the following settings after calibration

ffb 70
steering deadzone 5
steering sensitivity 85
tire force 185 (i ll try 200)

haven't try anything regarding the pedals i like them the way they are, maybe i ll check the brake dead zone

for karts

deadzone 10
sensitivity 50
tire force something around 100 don't remember

Nanook
11-05-2015, 15:31
Hi guys. Are you using T100 on PS4? How did you get it to work?
Mine does nothing... :(
Is there something I have missed?

Dasidnii
11-05-2015, 16:11
Keep the steering wheel unplugged before you start the game. Once the game starts, plug the wheel in and it should work.

Nanook
11-05-2015, 16:32
Got it! Plus I needed to press the X button. Now it works.
So how does the force feedback feel to you?`I have FF 100% but still it does pretty much nothing. If someone hits me I feel a bit something or if I go fully off track I sometimes get some feedback.
But pretty much no feedback whatsoever. Which to blame? The game or the wheel?
Controller input mode, what is that?

Sebstinator
12-05-2015, 05:58
I'm using the T100 too, it's not bad for about 90€...

https://app.box.com/s/ha28xa1radotd6n68mfohkf2otyrqnt3

There are my settings, they work pretty well...
I'll write some instructions later, got no time atm...

BigDipper
12-05-2015, 06:08
Hi,
I new in the racing world but this game got me like WOW.
Don't know what to do, buy the T100 and see if I like it or wait until father's day and go for the T300.

alexxoux
12-05-2015, 07:37
hey,
go to the calibration of wheel and if i remember well press the R2 you will see an option "tire force" get it up until you like the feeling i have now 190, after that check the bellow settings and keep going

iTeabagger
12-05-2015, 15:35
Someone else has problems to do the curbs? I can´t do the curbs well because the car doesn´t turn to the right or the the left, in both cases. Maybe it´s bad calibrated or I have the wrong config? I tried emjey´s configuration and it stills happen.

iTeabagger
12-05-2015, 15:49
Thank you very much alexx, now there is no problem in curbs!!!

emjey
12-05-2015, 17:32
u have to have the signal(red light) on the wheel blink mode!!

if it is allways on, the ffb is not active

im still working on my ffb setup...i`ll try to use the setup from the members in this thread

Dreco
12-05-2015, 17:40
Found this setup, looks good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUPirQrWPFc

Sebstinator
12-05-2015, 21:19
Ok, guys just a few more tips of what i found out.
As it is important to plug in your wheel after starting the game, its also important to not leave the game and switch back in. Like looking for trophies or writing messages.
Most likely your FFB will get weird after you go back to pcars. At least it happened to me.

Now some words about my settings. Pictures are in german, but you should be able to figure out which is what... ;)

- Every setting belongs to your likings, our wheel can handle it, do what you want... ^^

-I recommend to set "Stoßdämpfer-Setting" to "0" because otherwise it will damp your whole FFB.
- "Force Feedback" must be at "100" its important later on!
- "Gegenlenkhilfe" is just a help to catch oversteering and won't affect FFB at all. It just feels weird if your wheel reacts without you doing anything... So I disabled it.

- "Reifenkraft" is the main setting to adjust the strongest of your FFB, don't set it to high here, because it affects all cars...
- "Bereich Totzonenentfernung" is the most important setting, as it defines the mechanical deadzone of the wheel... (caused by the construction with gears and rubber bands) I tested mine with the Wheel Check Tool from iracing.com, so your wheels should be mostly identical. Maybe try one step more or less.
Remember, if this setting is wrong, your wheel won't be able to use all the input from the game. This is why Force Feedback must be 100.

- I just did this because i read it in forum and saw it on insidesimracing and it feels good... :D

Now the individual car settings:

"Hauptstärke" this is the main switch where you should calibrate how strong your FFB is.
The others settings defines how strong you feel which kind of force, sideways = X, forward = Y, upwards = Z, as you know it from coordinates system in school... ;)
These settings are just my pre config for every car to start from. It's a good average setting.

"Lenkerwinkel" is to simulate your arms or something like that...
However, the preset is mostly ok, just some cars are screwed up, so set it as you like it.

The upper values are there to simulate the G-Forces I think, but i don't like it, so I set it down and use the camera shaking instead.
If its higher, it just distract me from the more important force feedback of the wheels.
The lower settings let you feel the back of your car gets loose if you oversteer, or if you jump.
So its very important to control the car and these settings should work for most of the cars.

Thats it. :D

I hope this helps you out a little, and it would be nice to get some feedback if you tried it.

AP200
12-05-2015, 22:00
Anyone know the Bolt size needed to mount the pedal assembly?

BaTsBR
12-05-2015, 22:23
Hi there

Not tested on PCARS yet, will do that tonight, soon.

This is not my first wheel. And the reason I bought it it's because I knew it was gonna be a good purchase.

My first was for ps2/pc, from thrustmaster as well. nice wheel, simple to work, accuratte, good ffb, good calibration, just the sound of changing gears isn't the best (try racing at the middle of the night with your wife sleeping...lol)

The socond was the G27. Awesome, good looking, wheel. Wouldn't change it if not for one simple reason. Don't work on PS4.
That was really awfull. How can one of the best wheels didn't work on ps4 ???
what the hell. ... sell it and bought the T100

It is very, very similar to the oldest wheel I had, BUT IT DOES WORK FINE ON PS4
It a wheel for begginers, with middle cost, nice looking, nice grip, good responses, nice ffb, and that awfull CLICK changing the gears. It is all there.
I basically use the paddles, even on G27, so the fact it doesn't come with changing gears is not a problem at all.
will try it soon.

IF you do have the money to buy the T300 or T500, go with these. More powerfull, better ffb (as I saw everywhere commenting), better looking.
If don't, or are afraid to buy the first wheel, go with the T100 and you won't have regrets.

There is , also, the T80, but this one doesn't have ffb, it has a different kind of vibration, rumble something I think. It is not bad, but the low difference in prices, better get the T100.

By the way, it's out of stick here in Brazil, nobody in finding it anymore. My luck I bought mine months ago.

See you guys on the track

Nanook
13-05-2015, 09:55
Thrustmasters are out of stock here too :) Every model.
Btw, was there some way to adjust the pedals? I mean those are really stiff. Is there any way I could loosen up those a bit without loosing my warranty :)
And thanks Sebstinator, I'll try your settings when I get home.

Crisis Nine
13-05-2015, 10:05
u have to have the signal(red light) on the wheel blink mode!!

if it is allways on, the ffb is not active

im still working on my ffb setup...i`ll try to use the setup from the members in this thread

Can't remember if it was you I spoke to about this before but that's not strictly true. The blinking light means that auto centering is on, it doesn't mean that the FFB is on it just means the wheel always tries to auto centre and nothing more. It's only recommended for games which don't have a FFB option.

The constant red light is standard mode which still gives perfect FFB. It's better to use it in this mode as it accurately simulates the FFB rather than constantly trying to auto centre the wheel.

Lancia34
13-05-2015, 11:34
Ok, guys just a few more tips of what i found out.
As it is important to plug in your wheel after starting the game, its also important to not leave the game and switch back in. Like looking for trophies or writing messages.
Most likely your FFB will get weird after you go back to pcars. At least it happened to me.

Now some words about my settings. Pictures are in german, but you should be able to figure out which is what... ;)

Pictures are found here (https://app.box.com/files/0/f/3592635069).

DSC_0789
- Every setting belongs to your likings, our wheel can handle it, do what you want... ^^

DSC_0790
-I recommend to set "Stoßdämpfer-Setting" to "0" because otherwise it will damp your whole FFB.
- "Force Feedback" must be at "100" its important later on!
- "Gegenlenkhilfe" is just a help to catch oversteering and won't affect FFB at all. It just feels weird if your wheel reacts without you doing anything... So I disabled it.

DSC_0791
- "Reifenkraft" is the main setting to adjust the strongest of your FFB, don't set it to high here, because it affects all cars...
- "Bereich Totzonenentfernung" is the most important setting, as it defines the mechanical deadzone of the wheel... (caused by the construction with gears and rubber bands) I tested mine with the Wheel Check Tool from iracing.com, so your wheels should be mostly identical. Maybe try one step more or less.
Remember, if this setting is wrong, your wheel won't be able to use all the input from the game. This is why Force Feedback must be 100.

DSC_0792
- I just did this because i read it in forum and saw it on insidesimracing and it feels good... :D

Now the individual car settings:

DSC_0787
"Hauptstärke" this is the main switch where you should calibrate how strong your FFB is.
The others settings defines how strong you feel which kind of force, sideways = X, forward = Y, upwards = Z, as you know it from coordinates system in school... ;)
These settings are just my pre config for every car to start from. It's a good average setting.

DSC_0786
"Lenkerwinkel" is to simulate your arms or something like that...
However, the preset is mostly ok, just some cars are screwed up, so set it as you like it.

DSC_0788
The upper values are there to simulate the G-Forces I think, but i don't like it, so I set it down and use the camera shaking instead.
If its higher, it just distract me from the more important force feedback of the wheels.
The lower settings let you feel the back of your car gets loose if you oversteer, or if you jump.
So its very important to control the car and these settings should work for most of the cars.

Thats it. :D

I hope this helps you out a little, and it would be nice to get some feedback if you tried it.

Can't access the images as it asks for a login - any chance you can upload them to the forum or put them somewhere accessible?

Thanks

Lancia34
13-05-2015, 11:36
Can't remember if it was you I spoke to about this before but that's not strictly true. The blinking light means that auto centering is on, it doesn't mean that the FFB is on it just means the wheel always tries to auto centre and nothing more. It's only recommended for games which don't have a FFB option.

The constant red light is standard mode which still gives perfect FFB. It's better to use it in this mode as it accurately simulates the FFB rather than constantly trying to auto centre the wheel.

Yes this is right, the red LED blinking means the wheel is auto-centering, nothing to do with FFB on\off. Light should be on constantly as you don't want auto-centering on

Warsheep
13-05-2015, 13:49
Can't access the images as it asks for a login - any chance you can upload them to the forum or put them somewhere accessible?

Thanks

I am thinking the link he meant to put this link below.

Sebstinator,

Is there anyway you could make a post with these settings in a list format? Even if it is just the numbers that way we could just run down the list as we are setting it up instead of swapping images. Thank you for making these settings for us.

Mr.Smoke
13-05-2015, 15:12
I picked up the T100 as well. Havent had a chance to test it out yet as i need to build a stand still. I got lucky & found a US retailer with them in stock & free shipping to Canada.

Really looking forward to getting it set up & dialed in.

emjey
13-05-2015, 16:33
oohh man...u just save me!!LOLOL...

really didnt know that!!!!!!!!!!!

thnks alot mate

emjey
13-05-2015, 16:35
Yes this is right, the red LED blinking means the wheel is auto-centering, nothing to do with FFB on\off. Light should be on constantly as you don't want auto-centering on

oohh man...u just save me!!LOLOL...

really didnt know that!!!!!!!!!!!

thnks alot mate

Sebstinator
13-05-2015, 16:53
I am thinking the link he meant to put this link below.

Sebstinator,

Is there anyway you could make a post with these settings in a list format? Even if it is just the numbers that way we could just run down the list as we are setting it up instead of swapping images. Thank you for making these settings for us.

I edited my previous post and insert the images. this is all i can do for now, because i got to drive some nice cars ... :p

lordymatsuo
14-05-2015, 09:17
Ok Guys here it is in English and short list format (All credit to Sebstinator for the images)

First you want to navigate to Options > Controls > (R1) Configuration

Steering Deadzone (0)
Steering Sensitivity (50)
Throttle Deadzone (0)
Throttle Sensitity (50)
Brake Deadzone (0)
Brake Sensitity (35)
Clutch Deadzone (0)
Clutch Sensititvy (35)

Speed Snesitivity (0)
Controller Filtering Sensitivity (0)
Damper Saturation (0)

Force Feedback (100)
RPM/Gear Display (No)

Controller Input Mode (3)
Advanced (On)
Sot Steering Dampening (On)
Visual Wheel Filtering (On)
Opposite Lock Help (Off)

Next you need to navigate to Options > Controls > (R2) Calibrate Force Feedback

Tire Force (115)
Per Wheel Movement (0)
Per Wheel Movement Squared (0)
Wheel Position Smoothing (0.04)

Deadzone Removal Range (0.30)
Deadzone Removal Falloff (0.01)

Linkage Scale (0.10)
Linkage Stiffness (1.00)
Linkage Damping (1.00)
Relative Adjust Gain (0.95)
Relative Adjust Bleed (0.15)
Relative Adjust Clamp (1.00)

Scoop Knee (0.60)
Scoop Reduction (0.15)

Soft Clipping Half Input (0)
Soft Clipping Full Output (0)

That’s all the settings you need for the wheel, the rest of the settings below are in car tuning setup. The best place to test your tuning is in Free Practice mode as you can edit the tune and quickly reset the session allowing you to tweak the tuning again. Use the below settings in tuning setup as a base line default but you will likely want to tweak them to suit your own driving style.

Launch Practice Session then select edit tuning then (r1) for force feedback page

Spindle

Master Scale (50)
FX Scale (100)
FY Scale (100)
FZ Scale (130)
Mz Scale (150)

Turn all the smoothing settings to (0)

Arm Angle to (1500)

Next you want to press (R2) to get to Body & SOP setup

Body Scale (2.00)
Body Longitudinal Scale (2.00)
Body Stiffness (100)
Body Dampening (100)

SOP Scale (20)
SOP Lateral Scale (50)
SOP Differential Scale (50)
SOP Dampening (0)

Personally I found this setup a bit heavy so I altered a few things, go and watch this video it has another setup and explains what some of the setting mean which will help you learn and tweak it yourself. I personally used a mix of settings for from Seb and the video to get the right feel for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlOdRTB4njY

lordymatsuo
14-05-2015, 09:37
PS these are my personal edits to the above which I find is much lighter but stronger feedback felt when loosing grip which is how I prefer it

From the options > Controls > (R2) Calibrate Force Feedback change the below

Tire Force (115)
Deadzone Removal Range (0.30) (0.00)
Linkage Scale (0.10) (0.00)

Relative Adjust Gain (0.95) (1.10)
Relative Adjust Bleed (0.15) (0.10)
Relative Adjust Clamp (1.00) (0.95)

Then in car tuning change spindle setup to

Master Scale (50) (30)
FX Scale (100) (64) (Accelerate and Brake forces)
FY Scale (100) (50) (Transfer of weight in the car when taking corners)
FZ Scale (130) (60) (Feel the bumps in the road)
Mz Scale (150) (100) (Rotation force of the wheel and self-aligning, lower to make softer)

Every car will be different, I was testing with the Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 and if you setup your settings in the main menu first, then the main setting in tuning for me anyway are the spindle settings above, with these you can alter the entire feel of the FFB.

I hope it helps someone :) I was a complete FFB noob 4 days ago now i'm getting the hang of it

emjey
14-05-2015, 12:48
PS these are my personal edits to the above which I find is much lighter but stronger feedback felt when loosing grip which is how I prefer it

From the options > Controls > (R2) Calibrate Force Feedback change the below

Tire Force (115)
Deadzone Removal Range (0.30) (0.00)
Linkage Scale (0.10) (0.00)

Relative Adjust Gain (0.95) (1.10)
Relative Adjust Bleed (0.15) (0.10)
Relative Adjust Clamp (1.00) (0.95)

Then in car tuning change spindle setup to

Master Scale (50) (30)
FX Scale (100) (64) (Accelerate and Brake forces)
FY Scale (100) (50) (Transfer of weight in the car when taking corners)
FZ Scale (130) (60) (Feel the bumps in the road)
Mz Scale (150) (100) (Rotation force of the wheel and self-aligning, lower to make softer)

Every car will be different, I was testing with the Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 and if you setup your settings in the main menu first, then the main setting in tuning for me anyway are the spindle settings above, with these you can alter the entire feel of the FFB.

I hope it helps someone :) I was a complete FFB noob 4 days ago now i'm getting the hang of it

thnks alot for the hardwork mate...

i`ll put your setings to test latter and see how it feels ;)

vacaloca70
14-05-2015, 13:12
Hi guys,

I have a Logitec Driving Force GT and not working !!!
So I ordered Thrustmaster T100 because force feedback is very important for me, like pedals, and I have started building a support yet (I'm not on a desk).
In Switzerland you can buy it at Conrad.ch

HammerM19
14-05-2015, 16:31
I have the wheel for PC and it works great however I wanted to know if any know how to turn down the sensitivity of the auto centering down when controlled by the game? It is just too sensitive and cause me to fight against it.

NXP3
16-05-2015, 08:11
hi everyone
i have the t100 as a first wheel ever.i know its not the best but for a begginer its working nice.eheh
i was wondering if there`s more players that have this wheel so we can change opinions and setups...and even do some races!!

I just picked one up at Fry's electronic store. They got 3 Frys in Houston, and 2 of them have an open box. I had to get an open box, but it worked perfectly and saved a few bucks. I cannot find it anywhere else they were all out. Oh and about the settings, I think I just search around and found the settings. It works pretty well, but there are more settings to tweak. I can't beleive how SMS got the default settings so wrong. Come on, make it easy for us with the default working for most controllers. As is, it's undrivable on a controller or wheel.

Skrillex
16-05-2015, 10:45
I just picked one up at Fry's electronic store. They got 3 Frys in Houston, and 2 of them have an open box. I had to get an open box, but it worked perfectly and saved a few bucks. I cannot find it anywhere else they were all out. Oh and about the settings, I think I just search around and found the settings. It works pretty well, but there are more settings to tweak. I can't beleive how SMS got the default settings so wrong. Come on, make it easy for us with the default working for most controllers. As is, it's undrivable on a controller or wheel.

That's not true. I have the T100 and the game plays fine the only screw ups I have had with it were self inflicted on a track I was just learning. I also use the default settings, haven't changed a thing. The cars have much better grip once the tires and brakes are warmed up. The first lap maybe the first 2 you have to be cautious after that your golden.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
16-05-2015, 15:21
Cheers for the advice guys

IDinity
17-05-2015, 15:27
any of you guys having problems driving straight, cause i feel even tho i hold the wheel still it is fighting me and i end up in the barriers, which should not happend on the longest straight. My brother has a t300 and he's able to hold a straight line with no effort at all.

I love the t100 for it's price so i wonder if any of you guys fixed this ? and how :)

EDIT: Posted for my brother who's got the t100 :)

Sebstinator
17-05-2015, 21:14
Maybe set a higher deadzone?

Zenzic
17-05-2015, 21:31
I think he's talking about the lateral forces causing the wheel to rock left and right due to body sway, even on straights. Had it as well when using standard settings with my T100. With my current config (http://apexstalkers.enjin.com/forum/page/2/m/18025943/viewthread/21680767-knowledge-base/post/97592903#p97592903) I no longer have this issue, luckily. The steering in a straight line is still quite sensitive, but you get used to it. Deadzone didn't help me there, since the first increment of 5% is way too much.

Nanook
21-05-2015, 16:32
Thanks to lordymatsuo, with your settings the wheel is finally responding a bit to the curbs and bumps. Still not that good but it's better than default. The thing that bothers me the most atm is that the wheel is really stiff all the time. How could I make it lighter?

Crisis Nine
22-05-2015, 09:26
What mode do you have it in? Is the red light blinking or constant?

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 09:51
I have my light on constant.

Crisis Nine
22-05-2015, 11:20
Yeah that's how it should be, it should always be on constant and never blinking in ANY game that FFB. The blinking light mode is for games that don't have a FFB option.

I was thinking maybe Nanook might have the blinking light self centering mode on which is why the steering feels so heavy.

Mr.Smoke
22-05-2015, 13:22
Ya i pushed that button one time during a race & was like "holyshit what just happened?!?!"

Nanook
22-05-2015, 17:00
Nope, the light is solid red all the time.
When I lost both wheels on front steering became just the way I like it :D Only problem was that the car became impossible to drive :)

Martini Da Gasalini
22-05-2015, 17:32
I just picked one up at Fry's electronic store. They got 3 Frys in Houston, and 2 of them have an open box. I had to get an open box, but it worked perfectly and saved a few bucks. I cannot find it anywhere else they were all out.

would be any chance know if the stores near you still have one do you?

Steam
12-06-2015, 18:08
Did the patch 1.4 improved anything with this wheel?

C6ckneyGeezer
12-06-2015, 18:11
Yes alot imo! I feel alot more for sure!

However still issues with some cars. Like for example the Focus RS, the wheel gets heavier when you start to understeer which is totaly backwards tbh....

Also some kurbs still don't rumble.

In general it's ALOT better, but not perfect tbh.

Sebstinator
12-06-2015, 18:30
Didn't try it yet...

I will report when I have...

emjey
13-06-2015, 12:10
i played yesterday and didnt notice big changes...
but im reading from lot of ppl with the t300 that we need to turn off the ps4 so the patch work properly

i`m also having great fun with the t100.made some fun races with friends and even win some.when u get the feeling of the car and the wheel is really fun :)
next year i will change for something better for sure, but now to learn, it was the best investment

we need to share setups guys

siemens123
13-06-2015, 14:13
at 1st i played with the T100 without centering (red light constant on) , but after 4-5 days i changed it to red light blinking (centering on). i find it much more better with centering on. other than that ,when the centering is on, it's less likely to lose the car in the tight corners when u turn left or right. the FFB is set to 100 and tires force to 105.

jack1984
13-06-2015, 20:18
at 1st i played with the T100 without centering (red light constant on) , but after 4-5 days i changed it to red light blinking (centering on). i find it much more better with centering on. other than that ,when the centering is on, it's less likely to lose the car in the tight corners when u turn left or right. the FFB is set to 100 and tires force to 105.

Maybe a silly question but how do I change this? My red light is also constant and would like to try while it is blinking. :)

P.S. Never mind, I figured it out! The steering seems a bit heavier but also tighter with the red light blinking. With the constant red light the cars steer lighter, but are more wobbly / shaky somehow.

RockyAlexander
13-06-2015, 22:06
I get approximately no FFB with a solid red light. It's like driving on polished marble. With the light blinking, the FFB feels more like it should.

C6ckneyGeezer
13-06-2015, 22:12
I get approximately no FFB with a solid red light. It's like driving on polished marble. With the light blinking, the FFB feels more like it should.

Reset your settings to default! Using the wheel with the center spring on is pointless, the light should always been solid!

Take into consideration when the tyres are cold it should and will feel like driving on ice, it's realistic. When the tires warm up grip will come into play and ffb and your wheel will get heavier.

RockyAlexander
13-06-2015, 22:38
I'll do a reset and give it a shot. Thanks.

UPDATE: Argh! It's still so light, so weak. It's certainly better than it was, but with centering on I feel much more.

RockyAlexander
14-06-2015, 07:37
You're right though. Solid red light mode is definitely better in terms of handling. Too bad the FFB is basically nonexistent on most tracks.

siemens123
14-06-2015, 11:53
Reset your settings to default! Using the wheel with the center spring on is pointless, the light should always been solid!

Take into consideration when the tyres are cold it should and will feel like driving on ice, it's realistic. When the tires warm up grip will come into play and ffb and your wheel will get heavier.

It's pointless to u. After driving with and without centering on , i chose centering on (blinking light) and the driving is much more realistic and FFB much powerful.

jack1984
14-06-2015, 12:04
It's pointless to u. After driving with and without centering on , i chose centering on (blinking light) and the driving is much more realistic and FFB much powerful.

Funny, after resetting the general FFB settings (and using Jack Spade's settings for each car) the steering without centering (constant red light) is a lot better with a more FFB feel. When I turn centering on (blinking light), then the steering is less realistic because it is far too stiff and heavy in my opinion. It is if each car I am driving has no power steering.

C6ckneyGeezer
14-06-2015, 12:13
I car's steering wheel will not center itself. Therefore having auto center on is not realistic and does not give you reqlistic FFB.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
14-06-2015, 12:24
Have you changed the master spindle in the vehicle set up menu for ffb default it's set to 26 I set mine to about 40 depending on the car that will
stiffen your ffb, sorry this was meant to be a reply to Rockyalexander post about having non existent ffb

emjey
14-06-2015, 13:46
Have you changed the master spindle in the vehicle set up menu for ffb default it's set to 26 I set mine to about 40 depending on the car that will
stiffen your ffb

^ this!!!!

Chrisr123
14-06-2015, 14:27
T100 brand new for 95 squid...is it gonna be worth my time!

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 14:37
T100 brand new for 95 squid...is it gonna be worth my time!
Cheaper at Argos got mine for £80 on an online deal.

Crisis Nine
15-06-2015, 08:58
Got mine from Amazon.de and it worked out at £66 including shipping after exchange rates.

funnyed11
16-06-2015, 00:02
Wish I could find one of these in North America

LoBridge
18-06-2015, 17:59
Amazon has them available right now. I just ordered one (US) for $145 including shipping. Hope it works out for me...

Nacho-_-Bandito
18-06-2015, 18:55
I actually have one in the U.S. that I'm looking to sell. The only issue with it is that one of the legs of the clamp broke. I'm currently trying to get a replacement for it though.

If anyone is interested they can P.M. me for more info.

Chappyjoker
19-06-2015, 04:22

Is this wheel compatible with this game?

lmntr
21-06-2015, 23:47
I have used it with project cars and PS4. Just be careful where you order from, for example Fry's Electronics will direct you to T80 once you click on the link, thus the reason for low price. i found out you need to click on every link for stores, only a couple were actually for a T100 when searching through google.

Steam
24-06-2015, 13:09
Upcoming Patch 2.0 - Release notes

Controls – PS4
* Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback improvements.
* Fixed the Force Feedback dynamics for wheels with physical steering locks which were less than the steering lock of the vehicle in-game. This fixes the Force Feedback on the Thrustmaster T100 and similar wheels.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes

patriotzero
24-06-2015, 14:01
Please Asphalt vibration support. like Assetto Corsa.

Mr.Smoke
24-06-2015, 14:22
Upcoming Patch 2.0 - Release notes

Controls – PS4
* Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback improvements.
* Fixed the Force Feedback dynamics for wheels with physical steering locks which were less than the steering lock of the vehicle in-game. This fixes the Force Feedback on the Thrustmaster T100 and similar wheels.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes

Im already very pleased with the T100 FFB. The fact that they will improve it further makes me quite happy. Nothing but good news.

LoBridge
24-06-2015, 15:49
I finally found a T100 on Amazon and after a few hours of play I am very pleased with it. I have the Logitech driving force GT and it seems very comparable in my experience. Looking forward to the patch improvements.

SpaceKratos
25-06-2015, 18:55
T100 isn´t a high-end wheel, but as other comments it performs very well in other titles such as Driving Club.

Let´s wait for patch 2.0!

gbm
25-06-2015, 18:59
I finally found a T100 on Amazon and after a few hours of play I am very pleased with it. I have the Logitech driving force GT and it seems very comparable in my experience. Looking forward to the patch improvements.

So last night I turned up the TIRE value to 140, rather than 100, and WOW....it's like a whole new FFB experience!

Thanks for whoever suggested that modification! :)

Crisis Nine
26-06-2015, 12:21
So last night I turned up the TIRE value to 140, rather than 100, and WOW....it's like a whole new FFB experience!

Thanks for whoever suggested that modification! :)

I've had a much better experience since upping the tire force to 140 / 150, despite most people saying to keep it low. Must be a T100 thing.

Edit: Ha, I've just noticed it was me that suggested the 140 tire force to you in another thread!

gbm
26-06-2015, 12:58
I've had a much better experience since upping the tire force to 140 / 150, despite most people saying to keep it low. Must be a T100 thing.

Edit: Ha, I've just noticed it was me that suggested the 140 tire force to you in another thread!

Was it?!!? Dude, gamechanger, thank you so much!

And yeah, it must be a T100 thing....might have just needed a bit more oooompf in that department. I also turned up the Master & SOP values by 8-10 clicks. So instead of 32, it's now a 40-42 depending on the car.

WHAT a difference!

Crisis Nine
26-06-2015, 14:50
Yeah I agree, I keep an eye on the Jack Spades thread and I keep seeing lots of people say to keep the tire force below 100 and for me that just makes the wheel far too light. I stuck mine up to 150 pre patch and down to 140 post patch and it's a dream now. So much more power in it!

Glad I could help though. Makes it all worthwhile!

SpaceKratos
26-06-2015, 19:08
Yeah I agree, I keep an eye on the Jack Spades thread and I keep seeing lots of people say to keep the tire force below 100 and for me that just makes the wheel far too light. I stuck mine up to 150 pre patch and down to 140 post patch and it's a dream now. So much more power in it!

Glad I could help though. Makes it all worthwhile!

What are your soft clip ( half and full ) output ? I noticed this setting affects greatly the ffb.

gbm
27-06-2015, 13:10
What are your soft clip ( half and full ) output ? I noticed this setting affects greatly the ffb.

What SHOULD these be at? I don't think I ever adjusted them from their default values.

SpaceKratos
29-06-2015, 12:14
What SHOULD these be at? I don't think I ever adjusted them from their default values.

Im using half output 0.5 and full output 1.0

clumzy
29-06-2015, 14:12
welcome everyone.
i have t100 and this is my base(starts) settings.

You can experiment with these settings

First most importand you must correctly calibrate wheel
-for the first step and then when it asks you to turn the wheel 90^ put it in a 90^ ... [90 left, then 90 right
not more, just 90 it will give You like ~230 or 240 degrees in total at the bottom)

Force Feedback Settings:

Tire Force - 180
Per Wheel Movement - 0,04
Per Wheel Movement Squared -0,01
Wheel Position Smoothing - 0,20
Deadzone removal range - 0,15
Deadzone removal falloff - 0,01
rest default

Control settings:

Steerind deadzone 5
Steering sensitivity 70
Throttle Deadzone 5
Throttle Sensitivity 55
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 70
force feedback 100
rest default

Under Tuning Setup > FFB

Master Scale 26
Fx 48
Fy 48
Fz 60 (or more,personal preferences)
Mz 100
rest default

For karts
Steering Deadzone - 10
Steering Sensitivity - 40-50
adjust FX scale

/////////////////////////////////////////
Please note about warming up the tires
edit.
personaly i prefer ride with the light blinking this stiffens the steering wheel.

Crisis Nine
30-06-2015, 09:55
I've not adjusted them, left them at default. How do you feel they change the feel of the wheel? I'd be interested to know if it's worth changing them.

gbm
30-06-2015, 15:04
welcome everyone.
i have t100 and this is my base(starts) settings.

You can experiment with these settings

First most importand you must correctly calibrate wheel
-for the first step and then when it asks you to turn the wheel 90^ put it in a 90^ ... [90 left, then 90 right
not more, just 90 it will give You like ~230 or 240 degrees in total at the bottom)

Force Feedback Settings:

Tire Force - 180
Per Wheel Movement - 0,04
Per Wheel Movement Squared -0,01
Wheel Position Smoothing - 0,20
Deadzone removal range - 0,15
Deadzone removal falloff - 0,01
rest default

Control settings:

Steerind deadzone 5
Steering sensitivity 70
Throttle Deadzone 5
Throttle Sensitivity 55
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 70
force feedback 100
rest default

Under Tuning Setup > FFB

Master Scale 26
Fx 48
Fy 48
Fz 60 (or more,personal preferences)
Mz 100
rest default

For karts
Steering Deadzone - 10
Steering Sensitivity - 40-50
adjust FX scale

/////////////////////////////////////////
Please note about warming up the tires
edit.
personaly i prefer ride with the light blinking this stiffens the steering wheel.

Whoa, them some hefty values you've applied. Curious to try it out.

Tire Force at 180, Mz at 100 AND with the blinking light must be a beast! lol

jack1984
30-06-2015, 20:12
Whoa, them some hefty values you've applied. Curious to try it out.

Tire Force at 180, Mz at 100 AND with the blinking light must be a beast! lol

Tire Force at 180? That's an insane clipping setting. When I put Tire Force at 115 and I study the FFB telemetry I see occasionally flat lines (clipping). So at 180 the T100 wheel feels very unrealistically stiff / heavy and you feel brute force (because of clipping) and miss the nuances of the track. But hey...everyone has his / her preferences right? :)

Mr.Smoke
30-06-2015, 20:17
I have my TF at 120 on my T100 and havent once had clipping issues. Even tried it at 140 for a bit & still none. I bet around 180 there must be some though....

jack1984
30-06-2015, 20:55
I have my TF at 120 on my T100 and havent once had clipping issues. Even tried it at 140 for a bit & still none. I bet around 180 there must be some though....

You inspected the FFB telemetry? You probably have some clipping when taking fast corners. I got some clipping at 120 in the FFB curve when driving the Mercedes DTM car for instance.

Mr.Smoke
30-06-2015, 22:13
You inspected the FFB telemetry? You probably have some clipping when taking fast corners. I got some clipping at 120 in the FFB curve when driving the Mercedes DTM car for instance.

Yes, ive inspected it lots. There was a week long period where i was playing with settings & left the telemetry up the entire time. Not once did it flatline on the graph, so im taking that as no clipping.

clumzy
01-07-2015, 09:38
Tire Force at 180? So at 180 the T100 wheel feels very unrealistically stiff / heavy and you feel brute force (because of clipping) and miss the nuances of the track. But hey...everyone has his / her preferences right? :)

probably never in real life do not you drove a heavy car without power steering(wheel assist),abs,all these bells and whistles :)

jack1984
01-07-2015, 10:56
probably never in real life do not you drove a heavy car without power steering(wheel assist),abs,all these bells and whistles :)

You're right about a heavy car without power steering, but with these settings a normal road car like the Renault Megane drives like a tank. And I know that car in real life, and no...it's not that heavy and stiff. :)

P.S. I am using jack spade's setting for each car.

RedWes
06-07-2015, 20:08
T100 feels much better now on PS4 after latest patch. I reset the controls and the settings for each car. I'm now much more consistent and spin much less. Well done boys top game :cool:

Sebstinator
06-07-2015, 20:42
I didnt reset anything, but it still feels much better...
It feels more realistic now, the wheel react as I expect it would. i.e.Oversteer
So its much easier to control your car or catch it.

rocafella1978
06-07-2015, 22:03
T100 feels much better now on PS4 after latest patch. I reset the controls and the settings for each car. I'm now much more consistent and spin much less. Well done boys top game :cool:
do u have global settings u can share with us T100 users???
i am using jack spade FFB 66%...nothing changed for me after 2.0 and have reset and recalibrated all...

RedWes
07-07-2015, 18:28
do u have global settings u can share with us T100 users???
i am using jack spade FFB 66%...nothing changed for me after 2.0 and have reset and recalibrated all...

After the latest patch I wanted to see what SMS had done for us T100 users so I went to the controls and pressed triangle to reset everything. Next I calibrated the wheel and pedals but left the force feedback settings. My "configuration" settings are.. Steering Deadline 0, Steering Sensitivity 50, Throttle and Brake Deadzone 0 Throttle and Brake Sensitivity 0, the rest standard... Lastly I reset the cars to standard before use. I was previously lapping Zolder in Formula A at 1:20 consistently now I feel I can push more in the bends and am lapping at 1:17. From here I will have a play around with old Jacks settings ;)

rocafella1978
07-07-2015, 20:40
After the latest patch I wanted to see what SMS had done for us T100 users so I went to the controls and pressed triangle to reset everything. Next I calibrated the wheel and pedals but left the force feedback settings. My "configuration" settings are.. Steering Deadline 0, Steering Sensitivity 50, Throttle and Brake Deadzone 0 Throttle and Brake Sensitivity 0, the rest standard... Lastly I reset the cars to standard before use. I was previously lapping Zolder in Formula A at 1:20 consistently now I feel I can push more in the bends and am lapping at 1:17. From here I will have a play around with old Jacks settings ;)

will try it out later and let you know. thank you @RedWes

rocafella1978
08-07-2015, 00:03

so tried your info and actually is worst than before and before 1.4...maybe missed something????

Steering Deadzone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 50
Throttle Deadzone - 0
Throttle Sensitivity - 0
Brake Deadzone - 0
Brake Sensitivity - 0
Clutch Deadzone - 0
Clutch Sensitivity - 35
Speed Sensitivity - 0
Controller Filter Sensitivity - 0
Damper Saturation - 0
Force Feedback - 100
RPM/ Gear Display - YES
Controller Input Mode - 3
Advanved (Off, can't see bottom 3x options, they are not showing)
Soft Steering Dampening (locked)
Visual Wheel Filtering (locked)
Opposite Lock Help (locked)
-------------------------------------
Tire Force - 100
Per Wheel Movement - 0.00
Per Wheel Movement Squared - 0.00
Wheel Position Smoothing - 0.04
Deadzone Removal Range - 0.00
Deadzone Removal Falloff - 0.01
Linkage Scale - 0.00
Linkage Stiffness - 1.00
Linkage Dampening - 1.00
Relative Adjust Gain - 0.00
Relative Adjust Bleed - 1.00
Relative Adjust Clamp - 1.00
Scoop Knee - 0.00
Scoop Reduction - 0.00
Soft Clipping (Half Input) - 0.00
Soft Clipping (Full Output) - 0.00

@RedWes - is this correct? seems awfully a lot of ZEROs???

siemens123
08-07-2015, 14:54
so tried your info and actually is worst than before and before 1.4...maybe missed something????

Steering Deadzone - 0
Throttle Deadzone - 0
Throttle Sensitivity - 0
Brake Deadzone - 0
Brake Sensitivity - 0
Clutch Deadzone - 0
Clutch Sensitivity - 35
Speed Sensitivity - 0
Damper Saturation - 0
Force Feedback - 100
RPM/ Gear Display - YES
Tire Force - 100
Linkage Scale - 0.00
Linkage Stiffness - 1.00
Linkage Dampening - 1.00
Scoop Knee - 0.00
Scoop Reduction - 0.00

i'm gonna do u a favor and giving u my setup of T100 cause obviously u didnt had "the time" and "the willing" to search for it as i advised u in another post. with this setup my T100 works very well:

put all settings on default 1st. when u calibrate the wheel when it asks u to move it 90 degrees, move it somewhere between 90 and the max:

my settings for T100:

1. i use the red led blinking (centering on)
2. force feedback 90
3. tire force 90-95
4. relative adjust gain 1.10
5. relative adjust bleed 0.10
6. relative adjust clamp 0.95
7. body scale 0.01
8. body longitudinal scale 0.01
9. scoop knee 0.70
10. scoop reduction 0.15
11. deadzone removal falloff at 0.07 (the higher it is, the more steady is the car on straights , but also the higher it is the quicker steers left/right)
12. then i use Jack Spade's 66% setup for every car

RedWes
08-07-2015, 15:30

Steering Deadzone - 0
Throttle Deadzone - 0
Throttle Sensitivity - 0
Brake Deadzone - 0
Brake Sensitivity - 0
Clutch Deadzone - 0
Clutch Sensitivity - 35
Speed Sensitivity - 0
Damper Saturation - 0
Force Feedback - 100
RPM/ Gear Display - YES
Tire Force - 100
Linkage Scale - 0.00
Linkage Stiffness - 1.00
Linkage Dampening - 1.00
Scoop Knee - 0.00
Scoop Reduction - 0.00

Yeah that looks about right at the moment. I just wanted to see what improvements SMS had done, compared to how it was on the previous patch with standard settings, they have made changes (not massive but an improvement).

I was coming from the point of view of somebody buying the game for the first time and not being aware of the online support and different setups ect. At the end of the day the wheel should feel good out of the box.

Tonight i will try Jack Spades global settings and add a little SOP per car.

The most important part of the wheel set up for me is the actual wheel calibration. (full turn to right then back to the left till it shows 245 degrees). if i dont do this it doesn't feel right at all.

I will give my thoughts after playing with Jacks Spades settings tonight (assuming anybody cares LOL)

I have a question.... I cant seem to change the Relative Adjust Gain to 1.10 sinse the latest patch, closest i could get was arround 1.13, any thoughts or solutions?

Cheers.

Crisis Nine
08-07-2015, 16:13
I'd be interested to see what sterring degrees you guys use when calibrating this wheel. I try to get it as close to 270 as possible but it usually goes either 269 or 272 for some reason.

Or do you use the 45 degree angle and take whatever it gives you?

siemens123
08-07-2015, 16:20
I'd be interested to see what sterring degrees you guys use when calibrating this wheel. I try to get it as close to 270 as possible but it usually goes either 269 or 272 for some reason.

pioneer1985
08-07-2015, 16:28

Thrustmaster recommended settings here https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterRacingTeam/posts/1051928661501535

clumzy
08-07-2015, 16:50
first I used a 240
later changed to 250 ,works for me better (1.4 patch)
now I start experimenting starting on 240 (2.0 patch)

Massmutant87
08-07-2015, 17:01
what times do you guys drive on some tracks?:cool:

I wonder if I am fast enough with my settings

Nürburgring GP 1:55:9xx
Doningtion GP 1:27:000
Hockenheim 1:38:700~
Spa 2:17-2:18

Steam
08-07-2015, 17:23

I've seen 1.56 on people with fanatec and thrustmaster T300.

Impressive time for a "cheap" wheel.

Crisis Nine
08-07-2015, 17:29
Thanks siemens, pioneer and clumzy!

pa_pinkelman
08-07-2015, 23:26

What car?

rocafella1978
09-07-2015, 14:28

very good times! what car??

rocafella1978
09-07-2015, 14:30
if anyone has some nice T100 GLOBAL SETTINGS and FFB SETTINGS, would appreciate it...i have tried everything and anything, about to throw the wheel away...tested and ran all on JACK SPADE 66% settings (or what comes close to those freakin' values due to the weird and strange increments on PS4 sliders)

--------------------------------------
Steering Deadzone -
Steering Sensitivity -
Throttle Deadzone -
Throttle Sensitivity -
Brake Deadzone -
Brake Sensitivity -
Clutch Deadzone -
Clutch Sensitivity -
Speed Sensitivity -
Controller Filter Sensitivity -
Damper Saturation -
Force Feedback -
RPM/ Gear Display - YES
Controller Input Mode - which MODE to use? 3?
Advanved (Off)
Tire Force -
Per Wheel Movement -
Per Wheel Movement Squared -
Wheel Position Smoothing -
Deadzone Removal Range -
Deadzone Removal Falloff -
Linkage Scale -
Linkage Stiffness -
Linkage Dampening -
Relative Adjust Gain -
Relative Adjust Bleed -
Relative Adjust Clamp -
Scoop Knee -
Scoop Reduction -
Soft Clipping (Half Input) -
Soft Clipping (Full Output) -

siemens123
09-07-2015, 14:59
if anyone has some nice T100 GLOBAL SETTINGS and FFB SETTINGS, would appreciate it...i have tried everything and anything, about to throw the wheel away...tested and ran all on JACK SPADE 66% settings (or what comes close to those freakin' values due to the weird and strange increments on PS4 sliders)

Steering Deadzone -
Steering Sensitivity -
Throttle Deadzone -
Throttle Sensitivity -
Brake Deadzone -
Brake Sensitivity -
Clutch Deadzone -
Clutch Sensitivity -
Speed Sensitivity -
Damper Saturation -
Force Feedback -
RPM/ Gear Display - YES
Advanved (Off)
Tire Force -
Per Wheel Movement -
Deadzone Removal Range -
Linkage Scale -
Linkage Stiffness -
Linkage Dampening -
Relative Adjust Gain -
Relative Adjust Bleed -
Relative Adjust Clamp -
Scoop Knee -
Scoop Reduction -

i already gave u good settings for T100 in earlier posts. i think it's better to throw it away ... u dont deserve this wheel!

pa_pinkelman
09-07-2015, 15:03

Steering Deadzone -
Steering Sensitivity -
Throttle Deadzone -
Throttle Sensitivity -
Brake Deadzone -
Brake Sensitivity -
Clutch Deadzone -
Clutch Sensitivity -
Speed Sensitivity -
Damper Saturation -
Force Feedback -
RPM/ Gear Display - YES
Advanved (Off)
Tire Force -
Per Wheel Movement -
Deadzone Removal Range -
Linkage Scale -
Linkage Stiffness -
Linkage Dampening -
Relative Adjust Gain -
Relative Adjust Bleed -
Relative Adjust Clamp -
Scoop Knee -
Scoop Reduction -

Why throw it away? In other words: what is the problem? Remember it is a cheap wheel (I have it), you can't expect ffb to be as good as on the top-class wheels.

Fight-Test
09-07-2015, 16:17
I race with roca and he is having issues on another level. We have another guy we race with that has a t100 with not probs and he can put in the same setting and they dont work correctly. His car goes from side to side in straight line. Its really bad and makes no sense. He has done everything possible with us all helping. He's no noob and knows what he is doing and is why this is so weird. I think its just a bunk wheel as he has done about every possible fix.

muscular
09-07-2015, 16:29
The t100 is a lackluster wheel which I've mentioned previously. It will be an excellent wheel to a novice, but for those has had experience with DFGT, G25/27, the T100 is totally bare bones with poor FFB. You just simply cannot feel the kerbs and under/over steer as well.

wyldanimal
09-07-2015, 16:30

Steering Deadzone -
Steering Sensitivity -
Throttle Deadzone -
Throttle Sensitivity -
Brake Deadzone -
Brake Sensitivity -
Clutch Deadzone -
Clutch Sensitivity -
Speed Sensitivity -
Damper Saturation -
Force Feedback -
RPM/ Gear Display - YES
Advanved (Off)
Tire Force -
Per Wheel Movement -
Deadzone Removal Range -
Linkage Scale -
Linkage Stiffness -
Linkage Dampening -
Relative Adjust Gain -
Relative Adjust Bleed -
Relative Adjust Clamp -
Scoop Knee -
Scoop Reduction -

I race with roca and he is having issues on another level. We have another guy we race with that has a t100 with not probs and he can put in the same setting and they dont work correctly. His car goes from side to side in straight line. Its really bad and makes no sense. He has done everything possible with us all helping. He's no noob and knows what he is doing and is why this is so weird. I think its just a bunk wheel as he has done about every possible fix.

on the 7th, he posted that he got it all worked out..

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33920-Thrustmaster-T100-setup-installation-and-guide-to-FFB&p=1036349&viewfull=1#post1036349

Fight-Test
09-07-2015, 18:02
your settings got the wiggle out but then his front wheels would be red at end of first lap. Something is working against itself in his settings. None of this has to do with him getting a correct feel from the wheel but more of fixing the wheel. Fixes one thing and something else doesnt work. It works for him on pc and hes driving in driveclub to see if it works there to find out if its the game or the wheel.

rocafella1978
10-07-2015, 13:48
on the 7th, he posted that he got it all worked out..

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33920-Thrustmaster-T100-setup-installation-and-guide-to-FFB&p=1036349&viewfull=1#post1036349

basically works with what I said on 7th, but it becomes so weird, that end of 1st lap or 2nd lap overheating front tires???

so something must be working against me...not sure what though, i have tested my T100 wheel on PC now several times and works smoothly and without any issues at all. installed Driveclub yesterday on PS4, works like charm and smooth and no issues at all.

so I do believe it is either TM T100 with pCARS issue, or SONY<->pCARS issue or something related to pCARS. since other tested games and on PC was actually very nice to play on the wheel. (stopped hating it and wanting to toss it out of the window :) lol)

anyways, please if you have suggestions or recommendations, do let me know, maybe the issue is, that i can't feel the car understeering? could that be? how would i change, or what would i change in my settings to make me feel the undesteering?

any help would be appreciated.

got these from SEB to help me out, DID NOT WORK either:
Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 88
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 52
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 75
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 35
Speed Sensitivity 0
Controller Filter Sensitivity 0
Damper Saturation 0
Force Feedback 100
RPM/ Gear Display - YES
Controller Input Mode 3
Advanved (On)
Soft Steering Dampening (on)
Visual Wheel Filtering (on)
Opposite Lock Help (off)
Tire Force 100
Per Wheel Movement 0
Per Wheel Movement Squared 0
Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
Deadzone Removal Range 0.30
Deadzone Removal Falloff 0.01
Linkage Scale 0
Linkage Stiffness 1
Linkage Dampening 1
Relative Adjust Gain 1.10
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.95
Scoop Knee 0.70
Scoop Reduction 0.15
Soft Clipping (Half Input) 0
Soft Clipping (Full Output) 0

rocafella1978
10-07-2015, 13:55
THESE ARE THE SETTINGS I AM USING NOW, controllable and best to drive with, it is a fight on straights and some tracks night mare, with front tires overheating by LAP 1 or LAP 2, LATEST LAP 3. but at least i can use my wheel without it fighting me LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT and so on, on straights, like a wheel out of control.
Jack Spade FFB 66%
Steering Deadzone 3 (this is done by game or system, no matter what i set it at, it hops back to 3)
Steering Sensitivity 100
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 100
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 100
Clutch Deadzone 0
Clutch Sensitivity 35
Speed Sensitivity 0
Controller Filter Sensitivity 0
Damper Saturation 0
Force Feedback 100
RPM/ Gear Display - YES
Controller Input Mode 3
Advanved (On)
Soft Steering Dampening (on)
Visual Wheel Filtering (on)
Opposite Lock Help (off)
Tire Force 100
Per Wheel Movement 0
Per Wheel Movement Squared 0
Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
Deadzone Removal Range 0.00
Deadzone Removal Falloff 0.01
Linkage Scale 0.10
Linkage Stiffness 1.00
Linkage Dampening 1.00
Relative Adjust Gain 0.78
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.44
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.74
Scoop Knee 0.70
Scoop Reduction 0.16
Soft Clipping (Half Input) 0
Soft Clipping (Full Output) 0
of course with PATCH 2.0 only increments of 0.06 are possible, unless you go all the way right and come back with the slider, then 0.04, but then again it does NOT ALWAYS save the settings with 0.04. and DEAD ZONE jumps sometimes by itself back to "3".
before with PATCH 1.4, increments of 0.04 were possible
and only increments of 0.01 possible here ---> Deadzone Removal Falloff
and on the PC my T100 works smooth! Tested on DriveClub PS4 (free download) yesterday, also smooth and works perfect! (I was surprised and had to apologize to my wheel for wanting to almost throw it away or chuck it out of the window...at this point, IMO and I think it is a pCARS issue! unless there are some other values, settings and tunes for FFB & GLOBAL to make this all work.

rocafella1978
10-07-2015, 17:31
also tested, after complete reinstall today...(what a *****) anyways, setup with the weird increments and all. went to track, solo, practice or multiplayer. (always same track, same environement, same settings, same setup, same tune and same everything.) still the same with the T100, also noticed now.

STEERING DEADZONE - jumps by itself when backing out of PRACTICE or SOLO to value "1" when I go back to menu of CONFIGURATION (no matter what value I save it with)
and
STEERING DEADZONE - jumps by itself when backing out of MULTIPLAYER to value "3" when I go back to menu of CONFIGURATION (no matter what value I save it with)

when I set SOFT STEERING DAMPENING -OFF-:
SOFT STEERING DAMPENING - jumps by itself when backing out of PRACTICE or SOLO to value "ON" when I go back to menu of CONFIGURATION
and
SOFT STEERING DAMPENING - jumps by itself when backing out of MULTIPLAYER to value "ON" when I go back to menu of CONFIGURATION

....story continues...and still testing around! (all tests done on WATKINS GLEN main track/ GP) - CLEAR weather, date set: JUNE 01, 1300hrs, and tire compound tested on AUTOMATIC, SOFT, MEDIUM and HARD (car tune/ setup DEFAULT), wheel setup on BMW Z4 GT3 - Jack Spade 66%

rocafella1978
10-07-2015, 18:27
so after all the drama and back and forth with settings, from over 10x friends and community members...

1) installed everything fresh, updated with Patch 2.0
2) started game up to screen with START
3) hooked up T100 and it did its left and right movement
4) then pressed X
5) pressed X to pass video
6) calibrated wheel, calibrated pedals and assign my button layout and put TIRE FORCE to "82"
7) went into a track never have driven "Caldwell GP" with BMW Z4 GT3
8) in game left tune/ setup default but went into WHEEL/ FFB SETUP and changed all according to JACK SPADE CLASSIC settings.

now all works, tested also on WATKINS GLEN and no issues no wiggles no wobbles.

hopefully this was the end of this. we shall see...to be continued.

h0ndre
16-07-2015, 10:57
I am very happy with T100. It was good before but after patch 2.0 it feels even better. There is a lot of feedback on the wheel, bumps, kerbs and understeer and oversteer as well. All that for a quarter of the price of T300. :cool:

patriotzero
24-07-2015, 23:04
How can i feel bumps on the road T100?

the-stig
26-07-2015, 10:03
How do I stop my t100 clipping left and right when going full speed I've tried tons of settings but nothing works

jack1984
26-07-2015, 14:12
How can i feel bumps on the road T100?

Use for instance the Bumps Plus settings of Jack Spade and increase the tyre force a bit. :)

jack1984
26-07-2015, 14:13
How do I stop my t100 clipping left and right when going full speed I've tried tons of settings but nothing works

Did you try to set the dead zone removal at 0? Helped with my wheel when I was experiencing the lef and right shakes at high speed.

Stevesixty7
26-07-2015, 19:38
Hope I'm one of the lucky ones and it doesn't let me down. I've had it since the game launched, I'll be sure to let you all know if it fails. I have a Logitech Driving Force Pro that is fully functional, that is what annoys me most.

roberto81
26-07-2015, 22:40
hi can anyone help my t100 wheel is making a clicking sound when i turn it at any decent speed at about the 20-30 degree Mark so I've stopped using it for the moment as i can't think it's good for the wheel hearing that all the time when using it

pa_pinkelman
26-07-2015, 23:45
hi can anyone help my t100 wheel is making a clicking sound when i turn it at any decent speed at about the 20-30 degree Mark so I've stopped using it for the moment as i can't think it's good for the wheel hearing that all the time when using it

Is it just one click? If so, no worries. Mine does it also. My Logitech momo did the same, used it for years and years without ever letting me down.. To be honest I never owned a ffb wheel that didnt make these kind of noises.

roberto81
27-07-2015, 06:31
it's just the one click on each rotation past a certain point, I had a dfgt before the t100 and that never made any clicking noises so was concerned something was wrong with the wheel

Crisis Nine
27-07-2015, 17:20
Did you try to set the dead zone removal at 0? Helped with my wheel when I was experiencing the lef and right shakes at high speed.

Do you mean 0 or 0.10. Mine only disappeared at Max which is 0.10.

jack1984
30-07-2015, 19:15
Do you mean 0 or 0.10. Mine only disappeared at Max which is 0.10.

My dead zone removal range is at 0. :)

Skrillex
31-07-2015, 04:08
My dead zone removal range is at 0. :)

You know?! I've never had an issue with my t100, never changed any settings. It steers all formula model cars with no issues, I've had no issues driving lmp1 cars with it, NASCAR's will be fine with it on ovals if we ever get em, the only car I have had a hard time with the t100 is the GT3 cars the 270 degrees of rotation is simply not enough. In that aspect I truly miss my dfgt I was forced to get rid of for ps4.

siemens123
31-07-2015, 13:28

mine does a clicking sound when it comes back to center from left side. it's ok i guess. if i click the pads sometimes disappears, sometimes not.

SpaceKratos
06-08-2015, 12:38
hey guys, what are your scoop knee and scoop reduction values? I tried many configs but I still prefer 0.0... it seems that scoop values turn ffb weak...

I´m struggling to find a good config, but after hours of tweak, I still think the default t100 values, with tire force 80, relative adjust gain 0.96, bleed 0.54 and clamp, 0,96 are the optimum configs for me...

Xtince
06-08-2015, 21:06
hey guys, what are your scoop knee and scoop reduction values? I tried many configs but I still prefer 0.0... it seems that scoop values turn ffb weak...

I´m struggling to find a good config, but after hours of tweak, I still think the default t100 values, with tire force 80, relative adjust gain 0.96, bleed 0.54 and clamp, 0,96 are the optimum configs for me...

Why dont you try the jack spade settings? Are working well for me.

SpaceKratos
06-08-2015, 21:33
Why dont you try the jack spade settings? Are working well for me.

Im using jack spade classical settings.... I just want to know if theres some other config in ffb setup such as scoop knee or soft clip that improves ffb quality.

jmbarros
15-08-2015, 19:59
Hello all,

I want to say that the the Classic FFB setting for the T100 that came on the Patch 3.0 is working great, with great feeling! (Obs: Patch 2.0 had the same FFB settings as default, but I believed that the steering gain - probably hidden - was set to 2.0, and that is probably why it felt so heavy).
I should add that I am using the 66% SopLateral from Jack Spade's FFB settings, and I've only tried on the BMW Z4 GT3.

In addition, the below Custom FFB settings does also feel great (Same setting that Darin Gangi used in his youtube video)

Tire Force: 115
Relative Adjust Gain: 1.10
Relative Adjust Bleed: 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp: 0.95
Scoop Knee: 0.70
Scoop Reduction: 0.15
Steering Gain: 1.00
* the rest of the settings are default

As I said, both Classical and the aforementioned Custom FFB felt really great, but I will perform more tests on more track with different cars to see which one gives a better FFB response to what the car is doing.
Please, do try these two setting and see for yourself how they feel.

Cheers