PDA

View Full Version : Editing the HUD

goon
08-05-2015, 11:19
My HUD doesn't save between sessions, despite saving when I finish editing. I have to do it again every time I leave the garage.

Known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 11:20
Known issue, yes. But thanks for your report anyway.

danowat
08-05-2015, 11:20
Known bug.

the chillmaxx
08-05-2015, 11:21
yeah been wondering that myself........

goon
08-05-2015, 11:21
OK, thanks for confirming.

PowderGuy
08-05-2015, 11:23
Maybe have bug , but I found this were save as Different View and Different Cars.

no idea all vehicle have this issue or not

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 11:29
Maybe have bug , but I found this were save as Different View and Different Cars.

no idea all vehicle have this issue or not

The edit HUD function is independant from the chosen car afaik.

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 11:31
The edit HUD function is independant from the chosen car afaik.

I think your right Bealdor.

Pete

RoGuE-
08-05-2015, 15:06
Anyone know why my HUD has started showing like this?

http://i.gyazo.com/a5fb29e8faab19952ccf5f7d566830cd.png

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 15:09

If you're using a game pad try one of the D pad arrows to change it.

Pete

Elmo
08-05-2015, 15:10
Moved to Technical Help & Support

RoGuE-
08-05-2015, 15:12
Cheers - got it!

sherpa25
08-05-2015, 15:13

Press your Cycle HUD button/key to change it. That's one of the HUD's available, showing a clipping window at the top left and g-force at the top-right. The other HUD would be the one that shows position/lap and Map.

Essobie
08-05-2015, 22:58
I have yet to try cycling the HUD so that is useful info.

While this thread reports a known issue, I also want to throw out an issue with either triple monitors in general, or maybe only my resolution of triple monitors (5760x1200) where the little dots where we are allowed to drop HUD elements don't show up accurately on screen, and elements that you drop around the screen(s) don't stay very close to where you drop them.

I'm curious why HUD elements can't be moved pixel by pixel? Personally I enjoy having my current gear as a gigantic number near the center of my screen, but there's no place to put HUD elements anywhere but around the edges. :(

marek_zdroj
09-05-2015, 15:28
I have issues with HUD,
I want to save them globaly, dont want at any one race change them.
I do some wrong?, at any race i need setup my HUD, after change I set save. Problem is HUD not work, at my setings at next race.

Bon Voyage
Marek xD

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 15:32
No, you don't do anything wrong.

It's a know Issue und will be fixed as soon as possible :)

Whyte46
09-05-2015, 16:33
Edit HUD Layout - permanent save ?

I can edit during a race but there doesn't appear to be a permanent setting - anyone found one ?

Cheers,
Col.

Elmo
09-05-2015, 16:37
Merged with existing thread

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 16:42
Known Issue ;)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22497-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28XB1%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!

Elmo
09-05-2015, 16:42
It is already under Known issues. Added to existing thread.

PPiDrive
13-05-2015, 01:21
I have found that between different races of the same session certain elements of my HUD change.

The layout changes between events but in the kart races, I've found the sprint race has a different speed indicator than the main race. In one I see the number with the gear indicator in a white circle which turns red and four tires beside it. Then during the next race I might see a digital tachometer with numerical gear and speed indication and a light up shift indicator. This is also accompanied by the four tires beside it.

Both of these show up without me changing settings and each race is different even though I'm in the same kart. Is this intentional on a per event basis or is something messing up?

NOVA
15-05-2015, 11:57
Hi,

same trouble here, custom HUD layout don't save, I hope it will be fix soon !

fr13del
18-05-2015, 19:11
Can we please get an answer when all these little things get fixed?

Greyheart
01-06-2015, 09:47
I am quite new to the game but the fact it doesn't save the HUD changes is starting to niggle me.

Have the devs given any timescales for fixing this and do they release patches on a regular basis or I am being naive?

Bealdor
01-06-2015, 09:50
I am quite new to the game but the fact it doesn't save the HUD changes is starting to niggle me.

Have the devs given any timescales for fixing this and do they release patches on a regular basis or I am being naive?

The next patch for all platforms is already in QA phase, so it shouldn't take too long until it will be release.
There's no timescale for concrete bugfixes. The devs are reacting to the community feedback and are prioritising the most urgent bugs. I'm sorry to say but I don't think that the HUD saving bug is one of them.

Greyheart
01-06-2015, 09:59
The next patch for all platforms is already in QA phase, so it shouldn't take too long until it will be release.
There's no timescale for concrete bugfixes. The devs are reacting to the community feedback and are prioritising the most urgent bugs. I'm sorry to say but I don't think that the HUD saving bug is one of them.

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive response Bealdor. Sounds promising, even if it isn't in the next patch.

Greyheart
01-06-2015, 14:43
GUI
* Driver Network Profile - Visual tidy up to improve usability.
* Fixed an issue where very thin lines would not always appear.
* Added support for better info display on the Community Events page.
* Fixed the issue where HUD customization was not saved on exiting a session.
* Fixed an issue where the Potential Lap time display on the Lap Info board would be inconsistent with the sector times being displayed.
* Monitor/Spectate mode - Fixed an issue where the vehicle being viewed would automatically reset to the player’s vehicle on leaving the monitor screen.

Looks like the HUD save issue is fixed in the forthcoming patch :D

Bealdor
13-06-2015, 19:33
Can anybody confirm that this is fixed with patch 1.4?

Roger Prynne
13-06-2015, 19:46
I've seen some say that it has fixed it but not tried myself.

Stones
14-06-2015, 04:34
It appears to save per session but, changes must be made again, when starting a new session.

Danno
14-06-2015, 04:58
A quick question re hud. The box on the top right of my screen used to show lap times current and previous. Now it just shows best lap and sector times. Is there a way to change this?

Tastakrad
14-06-2015, 05:02
It is fixed for me.

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 11:39
You can map a button in the controller/edit assignments screen menu that will cycle through all the different lap time screens.

Stones
14-06-2015, 15:09
It is fixed for me.

Is it saving it even after you exit the game and then restart?

Danno
14-06-2015, 21:09
Thanks Roger, I'll check that out.

moogleslam
18-06-2015, 16:49

No, not fixed. Known issues list says FIXED, but it's not.

thegt500
19-06-2015, 22:01
Not fixed for me. I drive bumper cam view so set HUD to have rear view mirror ON but it's a game of Russian roulette whether the mirror stays or not.
I can start a session be it QR weekend, online or free practice and the mirror will be ON. Restart session or move to a different mode, no mirror ? It's a small thing, but it is really annoying, especially as it's supposed to be fixed.

Tastakrad
20-06-2015, 11:36

Yes. For me atleast.

silicijevadolina
21-06-2015, 09:25
Not for me! When I remove this HUD and save and then restart the game it's this HUD that is enabled. Why Mad Dogs? This game sucks!!

Mahjik
21-06-2015, 13:57
Not for me! When I remove this HUD and save and then restart the game it's this HUD that is enabled. Why Mad Dogs? This game sucks!!

Make sure that you have the 1.4 patch installed (browse to your Steam folder, right click on the pCARS exe's and check the details). It should have version 1.0.1.4 on the exe's. Some users have had anti-virus software blocking the update.

Saloei
21-06-2015, 15:19
My pCars64.exe is version 1014 and it doesn't save HUD layout after re-starting a new game.

Mahjik
21-06-2015, 18:44
My pCars64.exe is version 1014 and it doesn't save HUD layout after re-starting a new game.

Which HUD layout are you adjusting (i.e. from cockpit, helmet or external view)? And just to be sure, you have re-verified your files?

Saloei
21-06-2015, 20:01
Which HUD layout are you adjusting (i.e. from cockpit, helmet or external view)? And just to be sure, you have re-verified your files?
I checked game file integrity with an OK result. I use the Nose Cam. Re-starting the race on the same track saves the layout. If I switch tracks, the hud returns to what it was before I edit.

Mahjik
21-06-2015, 21:23
I checked game file integrity with an OK result. I use the Nose Cam. Re-starting the race on the same track saves the layout. If I switch tracks, the hud returns to what it was before I edit.

Do you get the message about saving the HUD layout before going back to driving?

I just tested it and it works as expected on my side. I used the Lotus 72D on Road America. Changed several of the HUD layouts (i.e. bumper, T-cam, cockpit, helmet). Save and came back. All of the HUD's were still there. Left Road America and loaded up Silverstone; HUD's still updated. Exited the sim, came back in and the HUD's are still updated.

Saloei
21-06-2015, 21:55
Do you get the message about saving the HUD layout before going back to driving?

I just tested it and it works as expected on my side. I used the Lotus 72D on Road America. Changed several of the HUD layouts (i.e. bumper, T-cam, cockpit, helmet). Save and came back. All of the HUD's were still there. Left Road America and loaded up Silverstone; HUD's still updated. Exited the sim, came back in and the HUD's are still updated.
It be nice if it saved on my end. I have to do this whenever I load the game. My CTRL+K custom camera views are also not saved. These are two of the most major annoyances I have with is game. The game does play flawless at 4K.

After I edit my HUD, I hit Escape key an the SAVE message shows with OK or Cancel. I choose OK.

Mahjik
22-06-2015, 03:03
As a test, you can try renaming your "default.sav" which will clean everything out (aside from your general visual settings). Then see if you can make adjustments to the HUD and if they will save or not. When you are done testing, just delete the newly created "default.sav" and rename your old one to put it back in place.

Saloei
22-06-2015, 22:47
As a test, you can try renaming your "default.sav" which will clean everything out (aside from your general visual settings). Then see if you can make adjustments to the HUD and if they will save or not. When you are done testing, just delete the newly created "default.sav" and rename your old one to put it back in place.
I tried your suggestion and it fixed the hands. I couldn't see the hands on the steering wheel and the steering wheel moved with a jerking effect. The hands now move with the wheel and the motion is fluid.

As for the HUD, I now see 2 less item, which is better than before. My lap times stay where I place it and the only other thing I see is the Neutral, gear selector at the bottom right. If I exit the track and re-load it, the gear selector shows up again after I remove it.

Now if the CTRL+K custom camera view along with the field-of-view would stay where I set them. This is a real annoyance as I have to set the camera view with a few keys before the race starts. Of course I'm never able to set the view before the race starts and I have to restart the race after I finish setting custom camera view.

Stones
23-06-2015, 01:44
I tried validating files and removed default save file with no help. Still not fixed here.

silicijevadolina
23-06-2015, 16:08
Also my game is updated, but Hud is not saved, as I already wrote. :mad:

Finexi
23-06-2015, 23:56
Bug is not fixed for me. Every time I start a new session, the HUD is not the way I left it in the previews session. I use the complete HUD with center mirror.

Saloei
26-06-2015, 00:43
*FIXED*
I went into Options\Gameplay\On-screen Guide and found the fix in there. The HUD was on LITE. I set it to FULL(No Mirror) and I can now see Lap and position on track.

I lost my lap counter display completely. I'll now have to delete my default.sav file and recreate a new one as editing the HUD doesn't work. That sounds all easy but I have to set my changes to all settings: game, control, visual, performance, ect... Is there a way for us to access default.sav file and edit it ourselves? We could search for the setting in question, and change a 1 to a 0. 1=ON. 0=OFF. Customize and control! This would simplify things for all of us.

OnyxD
29-07-2015, 08:28
I also can't save changes to the HUD. I use an android telemetry app and every time I start a new track I have to remove a HUD item. I click save, but it always comes back when I leave that session.

Dwaindibbly
29-07-2015, 12:00
Mine all save except the speedo / tyre counter. I use dash meter so I remove it but if I start a new session it appears again, it does however appear in the place I set it to which isn't the default placement. Not a massive problem by any means, just thought it I'd let you know ☺

OnyxD
11-08-2015, 12:11
Why is this marked as fixed when the problem is still occuring? I have to remove the tyre wear / rev indicator from HUD everytime I start a new track.

Mahjik
11-08-2015, 13:19
Why is this marked as fixed when the problem is still occuring? I have to remove the tyre wear / rev indicator from HUD everytime I start a new track.

Have you tried a new profile to see if the problem still happens? I don't have any issues editing the HUD myself and it saving. I suggest to try to rename your current profile (not delete it), and create a new one. See if your HUD changes save in the newly created profile. If it doesn't help, just delete the new profile and rename your old one back.

OnyxD
21-08-2015, 21:01
Just deleted my default.sav and started again from fresh with a new profile. The speedo / tyre counter still DOES NOT save between sessions when I remove it. This bug is not resolved.

sherpa25
22-08-2015, 01:57
FWIW, I adjusted my HUD (moved positions of speedo & map) a couple of weeks ago and it has persisted so far. My issue though is the default view, in that even if I have it set in options-General to show Full (Mirror ON), it always starts showing lite view (no mirror) when car/track combo is loaded & leaving the garage.

OnyxD
22-08-2015, 16:29
Moving / removing positions saves for most controls, the problem is unique to the Speedo / Tyre indicator in bonnet view. There is a bug in the SMS bug fix :)

OnyxD
24-08-2015, 14:14
Is there any dev acknowledgement that this is still a problem, as in the 'Known Issues' it is marked as fixed?

Bumping otherwise they will never see it and fix it.

Mahjik
24-08-2015, 14:59
Is there any dev acknowledgement that this is still a problem, as in the 'Known Issues' it is marked as fixed?

Bumping otherwise they will never see it and fix it.

If someone doesn't do it before I get home from work, I'll try to repo your steps.

sherpa25
25-08-2015, 00:36
FWIW, I adjusted my HUD (moved positions of speedo & map) a couple of weeks ago and it has persisted so far. My issue though is the default view, in that even if I have it set in options-General to show Full (Mirror ON), it always starts showing lite view (no mirror) when car/track combo is loaded & leaving the garage.

@Mahjik, can you check on this too? I've had this issue since the initial release.

Mahjik
25-08-2015, 00:59
Moving / removing positions saves for most controls, the problem is unique to the Speedo / Tyre indicator in bonnet view. There is a bug in the SMS bug fix :)

I can move the speed/tach display. I cannot remove it from Bonnet View which may be working as designed. I'll see if the devs can clarify but it seems like it may be intended to keep the speed/tach display in Bonnet view.

@Mahjik, can you check on this too? I've had this issue since the initial release.

As far as I know, it's a known issue (yes I see the same thing). IIRC, it's been this way for a while since before the release.

sherpa25
25-08-2015, 03:09
I can move the speed/tach display. I cannot remove it from Bonnet View which may be working as designed. I'll see if the devs can clarify but it seems like it may be intended to keep the speed/tach display in Bonnet view.

As far as I know, it's a known issue (yes I see the same thing). IIRC, it's been this way for a while since before the release.

I see, so it really is a bug. Thanks for acknowledging.

Philm
26-08-2015, 08:10
it would be good that the config HUD is resolved in the next patch.

And if the sight of the cameras settings (CTRL + K) could also be back, that would be cool, I have at the beginning of each race to change my point of view ...

mister dog
23-09-2015, 10:06
I read from the known issues thread that this was fixed, but it seems it wasn't. Could be me doing something wrong so please feel free to advise me, but when i configure the HUD to hide most of the goodies (select the little circle where the part is on which you want to hide, and click on hide in the middle of the screen), it only saves for that session. When returning to the game afterwards it did not save the settings i chose.

Mahjik
23-09-2015, 13:44
I read from the known issues thread that this was fixed, but it seems it wasn't. Could be me doing something wrong so please feel free to advise me, but when i configure the HUD to hide most of the goodies (select the little circle where the part is on which you want to hide, and click on hide in the middle of the screen), it only saves for that session. When returning to the game afterwards it did not save the settings i chose.

What view are you using and are you trying to hide/remove the speed/tach display?

mister dog
23-09-2015, 16:50
What view are you using and are you trying to hide/remove the speed/tach display?
Helmet cam with the helmet disabled and look to apex enabled, i'd like to get rid of everything apart from the speedometer/tyre display on the below right, and the position/timing display on the left.

If you would try to replicate this and it works, please be so kind to write down how you went ahead and did it because i suspect it might be me not hiding or saving it correctly.

Mahjik
23-09-2015, 17:48
Helmet cam with the helmet disabled and look to apex enabled, i'd like to get rid of everything apart from the speedometer/tyre display on the below right, and the position/timing display on the left.

If you would try to replicate this and it works, please be so kind to write down how you went ahead and did it because i suspect it might be me not hiding or saving it correctly.

Would you mind posting up a screenshot showing what you have that you want to hide/remove?

I just want to make sure I attempt the replicate the same thing.

mister dog
23-09-2015, 18:21
Would you mind posting up a screenshot showing what you have that you want to hide/remove?

I just want to make sure I attempt the replicate the same thing.
Sure, i'll try posting some pics this weekend.

mister dog
29-09-2015, 10:37
So here are the promised screens, I make sure my mouse is located on hide/show and i use the directional buttons on the keyboard to select the part i want to hide, then i click to make it disappear:

http://i57.tinypic.com/29cnvqr.jpg

End result, only the timing and tyres are visible below:

http://i57.tinypic.com/16m54yo.jpg

I click on the little arrow in the top left corner to exit, and i select save:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2e51ssg.jpg

After that the settings are saved for that session. But as soon i exit the session and start a new one (or return to the game afterwards after closing it down), the settings aren't saved anymore. These screens show all the available HUD settings i can cycle through and the one i created and saved is not present:

http://i58.tinypic.com/11caadf.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/t8n19c.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/dcabmr.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/2h5ohdv.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/9rta91.jpg

These are my ingame camera settings:

http://i61.tinypic.com/214uyrc.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/351e81e.jpg

Mahjik
29-09-2015, 17:56

Just to make sure, the photo above, which part is NOT what you wanted for your HUD? I'm just trying to make sure I understand the sequence of your screenshots.

mister dog
29-09-2015, 18:08

Just to make sure, the photo above, which part is NOT what you wanted for your HUD? I'm just trying to make sure I understand the sequence of your screenshots.
Here the track is visible still (top left), that one wasn't included as I saved only the timing/track position (below left) and the tyre/gear indicator (below right) ;)

Mahjik
29-09-2015, 18:54
Here the track is visible still (top left), that one wasn't included as I saved only the timing/track position (below left) and the tyre/gear indicator (below right) ;)

Just disable the track map in the Gameplay Options. I believe if you have that set to on, it overrides what you hide.

mister dog
29-09-2015, 20:03
Just disable the track map in the Gameplay Options. I believe if you have that set to on, it overrides what you hide.
Cool so that view was actually the one i saved, but with the track map overriding the file. Makes sense although it is still a little bug :)

Thanks for the help Mahjik.

mass control
23-10-2015, 02:34
hud not fixed was ok for me before 5.0 patch. Now when start a race or the others practice and so left hand side gone till scroll to have visible all the time have to do this.

Fre.Mo
23-10-2015, 09:33
Dev, please could you allow to resize the motec dashboard and allow to display it also on cockpit cams, for old drivers with low resolution eyes...

Geoffrey van Vugt
14-01-2016, 10:34
This is not fixed yet..

Mahjik
14-01-2016, 12:57
This is not fixed yet..

What specifically isn't "fixed"? What cannot you not do?

Fre.Mo
14-01-2016, 14:16
It would be great if we could resize the dashboard and if we could display it also on cockpit cams.

Geoffrey van Vugt
15-01-2016, 01:14
I just want my map and mirror. I play in cockpitview
Every time i start a new session i have to hide the other "huds". Then when i do so i have to save. So i do..
Then when another session starts, same thing. Hide the other "huds".
In carreer mode no problem because when i select "edit Hud ***" the game pauses. But online i have to be quick before
i exit the pitlane.. i hope you understand what i'm saying here..If not, i'll post pics..

Geoffrey van Vugt
15-01-2016, 01:14

I just want my map and mirror. I play in cockpitview
Every time i start a new session i have to hide the other "huds". Then when i do so i have to save. So i do..
Then when another session starts, same thing. Hide the other "huds".
In carreer mode no problem because when i select "edit Hud ***" the game pauses. But online i have to be quick before
i exit the pitlane.. i hope you understand what i'm saying here..If not, i'll post pics..

Sorry for double reply...

JAJP999
15-01-2016, 05:49
Same here - the hiding of hud items does not save

Geoffrey van Vugt
19-01-2016, 00:23

Well? Do you know how come?

Mahjik
19-01-2016, 01:29
Well? Do you know how come?

Can you take a screenshot showing what is visible that you want to hide? I'll see if I can replicate the same.

Geoffrey van Vugt
19-01-2016, 09:15
Can you take a screenshot showing what is visible that you want to hide? I'll see if I can replicate the same.

Except for the map i don't want these huds. So everytime i hide the remaining 3 and save. Then i start a new session and there they are again.
So it is not saved...
I use Hud-Dash so i don't need them..

Geoffrey van Vugt
20-01-2016, 07:42

Except for the map i don't want these huds. So everytime i hide the remaining 3 and save. Then i start a new session and there they are again.
So it is not saved...

Well... Anybody??

Mahjik
21-01-2016, 01:36
So it is not saved...

How it appears to be working is that it will only save position moving, not hiding.

Geoffrey van Vugt
30-01-2016, 01:43
How it appears to be working is that it will only save position moving, not hiding.

I knew that :rolleyes-new:
What i want is that the huds stay hidden when i save...

Mahjik
30-01-2016, 01:51
I knew that :rolleyes-new:
What i want is that the huds stay hidden when i save...

That may be per design.

rftech60
31-03-2016, 06:40
This has been said before but maybe it bears repeating After you save hud settings ingame you have to cycle thru them with the POV switch.This may help someone,I hope.as I had the same problem and this solved it.

Philm
31-03-2016, 20:43
Not possible !!!

Olijke Poffer
05-05-2017, 15:51
I don't expect this hud bug will bot be resolved anymore? I still can't save the hud. I don't need it because I use an app.
Only the rear view mirror I like to see. Bummer....