PDA

View Full Version : Length of races in career mode.

goon
08-05-2015, 11:25
Is there any chance we will get separate session length sliders for career races? I'd like to be able to set hour long races for the lower tiers, and further up from there in the higher. The racing is great, but ten minutes is not enough to recover from a bad qualifying or mistake in the race.

It would be great if we got the longer races in a future update.

grester
08-05-2015, 12:41
Lower difficulty or restart session. No need to punish yourself with "permadeath" style of gameplay. Have fun above all.
Personally I feel the time slider at the max is just long enough between endurance and boredom.

mister dog
08-05-2015, 12:58
Lower difficulty or restart session. No need to punish yourself with "permadeath" style of gameplay. Have fun above all.
Personally I feel the time slider at the max is just long enough between endurance and boredom.

Well that depends from person to person. I like doing hour long endurance races too and PCARS is perfect for that with the changing conditions. Don't know if this was discussed much at the old WMD forum, but i hope we will have the option added to go as far as full blown 24hr races in a future update soon.

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 12:59
Well that depends from person to person. I like doing hour long endurance races too and PCARS is perfect for that with the changing conditions. Don't know if this was discussed much at the old WMD forum, but i hope we will have the option added to go as far as full blown 24hr races in a future update soon.

The only 24 hour race you can do is the 24 hours of Le Mans. It is an invitational invite in career mode. You can't set timed raced within Quick Race/MP.

Pete

mister dog
08-05-2015, 13:05
The only 24 hour race you can do is the 24 hours of Le Mans. It is an invitational invite in career mode. You can't set timed raced within Quick Race/MP.

Pete
So nothing in the pipeline then to add timed races for all tracks, or give us the option to extend the length eventually? Bummer.

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 13:07
So nothing in the pipeline then to add timed races for all tracks, or give us the option to extend the length eventually? Bummer.

I would hope that it will be added in due course. When that will be is down to the developers.

Pete

goon
08-05-2015, 13:17

That's not how I want to play, though. I want enough race distance so that strategy comes in. Can I make it on one set of tyres, or without a fuel stop? Will it be faster to stop for fuel and run two stints on the softer tyres?

It's still great fun, it would just be more so (for me) if I could drag the session slider further to the right. ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone.