PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec 911 Turbo S no Rumble/Vibration but FFB is great

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 11:28
I have zero rumble in the game. It is as if the rumble motors do not get any signal at all.
For example when I get on curbs. I mean that kind of feedback that you have with the 360 controller.
The wheel works perfekt in Race07 or AC. Also in the windows wheel propertypage when I click on test rumble the motors are working.

I have the 756 FW and 205 driver installed. The ABS option is set to "100" so that only the motor on the padels is working, but I also tryed other settings of the wheel built in options. When I put it on for ex. on 95 the motors also work. But this is of course no feedback from the game but only a built in response to brakepeadele position. I tried several settings in game. But there is no Rumble or Vibration at all only realy great FFB. But without the rumble there is no feedback about the forces of the chassy. Race07 is great on this it even simulates the vibration of the engine dynamicly that is transferd to the car.

And just to be shure, is there even a support of the built in rumblemotors of fanatecwheels?

Win 7 64 uptodate, gtx980 SLI with newest driver, I7-3770K, ASUS P8Z77, Clubsport Paddels V1, Clubsport Shifter H/SQ and Wheel via 3 USB cabels con. to a HUB that is con. to PC USB2.0

PLEASE HELP!

Mad Al
08-05-2015, 12:10
I have zero rumble in the game. It is as if the rumble motors do not get any signal at all.
For example when I get on curbs. I mean that kind of feedback that you have with the 360 controller.
The wheel works perfekt in Race07 or AC. Also in the windows wheel propertypage when I click on test rumble the motors are working.

I have the 756 FW and 205 driver installed. The ABS option is set to "100" so that only the motor on the padels is working, but I also tryed other settings of the wheel built in options. When I put it on for ex. on 95 the motors also work. But this is of course no feedback from the game but only a built in response to brakepeadele position. I tried several settings in game. But there is no Rumble or Vibration at all only realy great FFB. But without the rumble there is no feedback about the forces of the chassy. Race07 is great on this it even simulates the vibration of the engine dynamicly that is transferd to the car.

And just to be shure, is there even a support of the built in rumblemotors of fanatecwheels?

Win 7 64 uptodate, gtx980 SLI with newest driver, I7-3770K, ASUS P8Z77, Clubsport Paddels V1, Clubsport Shifter H/SQ and Wheel via 3 USB cabels con. to a HUB that is con. to PC USB2.0

PLEASE HELP!

There are no canned effects in Project CARS (unlike Race07 and AC).. so kerbs will feel like they should.. so a simple painted kerb will not give any rumble whereas a large serrated one should give plenty (turning off the canned effects in AC does the same by the way, some kerbs at Spa are flat and some you will feel)

Try going to Brands hatch Indy and running the kerb at the outside of Graham Hill bend.. that should shake your fillings out.

You will get better low end (small road bumps and kerbs etc.) feel if you apply a little Dead zone removal for the FFB (in the controller settings, click on Calibrate Feedback, then set the Deadzone Removal range to 0.09 - if you start getting oscillations from the wheel on the straights, lower this a little, but anything upto 0.10 should be OK, these values are wheel specific)

On your wheel make sure DRI, SPR and DPR are OFF

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 12:36
Thanks for the quick reply. Just to be clear I agree that the fell of curbs, the impact on the steering/ffb, is great. And I agree 100% on your description about how it should be. And I can approve of the impact on my wheel when I'm driving. As I said, FFB is great.

But I meant the rumble motors that resemble the shaking of the chassis without having impact on the steeringforce (but of course on the steering because the vibration of the wheel will have an impact on my steeringinput, which would be like in real life imho) and therefore will give a feedback of the position on the track, the surface, or high Gforce spikes who do not have necessarily an impact on steeringforce eg. FFB.

But perhaps this happens through the FFB of the game.

So just to be clear, does the game support a signal to the rumblemotors of my wheel and ,if so , is it possible that there is aproblem about it?

It would be just great if the rumblefeatures of the 360 Controller would be sent to the rumble motor of the wheel. It is a big part of immersion and feedback. There must be a reason for all these buttkikers, hydraulic rigs and what ever else that you can apply to your seats.

And if the game has no rumble it should be implemented. At least as good as in Race07 or perhaps even better.

On your wheel make sure DRI, SPR and DPR are OFF > it was and is like that

Mad Al
08-05-2015, 12:53
Thanks for the quick reply. Just to be clear I agree that the fell of curbs, the impact on the steering/ffb, is great. And I agree 100% on your description about how it should be. And I can approve of the impact on my wheel when I'm driving. As I said, FFB is great.

But I meant the rumble motors that resemble the shaking of the chassis without having impact on the steeringforce (but of course on the steering because the vibration of the wheel will have an impact on my steeringinput, which would be like in real life imho) and therefore will give a feedback of the position on the track, the surface, or high Gforce spikes who do not have necessarily an impact on steeringforce eg. FFB.

But perhaps this happens through the FFB of the game.

So just to be clear, does the game support a signal to the rumblemotors of my wheel and ,if so , is it possible that there is aproblem about it?

The only rumble effect I'm aware of is the ABS and you should get that through the brake not the wheel.. I'm sure if I'm wrong on that one of the other WMD members will correct it.. everything else is sent through the normal FFB (if you pull up the telemetry screen, the FFB meter is the yellow line in the box on the top right.. )

(personal I don't find the rumble to be particularly effective in those games that do implement it, but that's just my preference)

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 13:03
The only rumble effect I'm aware of is the ABS and you should get that through the brake not the wheel.. I'm sure if I'm wrong on that one of the other WMD members will correct it.. everything else is sent through the normal FFB (if you pull up the telemetry screen, the FFB meter is the yellow line in the box on the top right.. )

(personal I don't find the rumble to be particularly effective in those games that do implement it, but that's just my preference)

Thx, I was wondering about that line! And jes the rumble on tirelock in the padel works.

My main point apart from missing some feedback is that the driving feels just lifeless, withe great feedback of tireforces but lifeless and borring.

Mad Al
08-05-2015, 13:41
Thx, I was wondering about that line! And jes the rumble on tirelock in the padel works.

My main point apart from missing some feedback is that the driving feels just lifeless, withe great feedback of tireforces but lifeless and borring.

You can supplement the FFB with visual shake (it's off by default) and other visual options (it's surprising how much it can fool you other senses)

it is possible that canned effects could be added later if the general consensus is they are needed (although things like tyre scrub should and can come from the tyre model itself without any canned effect), but they can end up covering up information about what tyres are doing. If you want more feel of bumps it is possible to add additional Fz in the force feedback in the individual vehicle tuning FFB setting (yes we have overall and per car FFB adjustments) just make sure not to cause clipping (that's where the FFB meter flat lines at the top or bottom)...

I'll also add that the amount of road noise you get is very dependant on the car and track you choose

Beans
08-05-2015, 13:48
Like Mad Al sayed, there is force feedback that is specific to each car as well. Go to practice with a car. While in the garage enter "edit tuning setup"/"force feedback" It will say "spindle" at the top and give you a bunch of options for feedback through the front spindle (like a car not a can;)), but wait theres more! Where it says spindle you'll notice to the right there are arrows, click that and now it will say body and SOP. There a a bunch more settings. It's explained in there. Mess with them and save. It might seem excessive, but they need to be set according to the car. These settings are your pot gold for getting that feeling you are looking for.

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 14:07
"You can supplement the FFB with visual shake (it's off by default) and other visual options (it's surprising how much it can fool you other senses)"

100% right, I always liked these options in games. Some do not and prefer motionlessness as if looking out of windows but "diffrent folks.....

"it is possible that canned effects could be added later if the general consensus is they are needed"

pherhaps sending the Fz signal to the rumblemotors would be a very easy to implement "take it or leave it" way. It would also not be canned, hmmm dos that sound not nice, "not canned rumbel" ;)

"additional Fz in the force feedback"

I put it to 200, kinda do's the trick

My yellow line is while i'm standing not in the middle but at perhaps 75-80 percent range upwards and got therefore clipped at the top when steering right becomes to hard. My settings are resetted on car and option FFB but it is not in middle. Should it be there wile standing and how to get there? alrady tried some options but only changed the curves not the baseposition

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 14:16
Like Mad Al sayed, there is force feedback that is specific to each car as well. Go to practice with a car. While in the garage enter "edit tuning setup"/"force feedback" It will say "spindle" at the top and give you a bunch of options for feedback through the front spindle (like a car not a can;)), but wait theres more! Where it says spindle you'll notice to the right there are arrows, click that and now it will say body and SOP. There a a bunch more settings. It's explained in there. Mess with them and save. It might seem excessive, but they need to be set according to the car. These settings are your pot gold for getting that feeling you are looking for.

Please relase an easy to read "option by option" "When you raise this that will happen.... and when you lower it that will happen..." guide to these options that covers every options by themselve. The "offical" one I found is kinda way to confusing.

Mad Al
08-05-2015, 14:19

My yellow line is while i'm standing not in the middle but at perhaps 75-80 percent range upwards and got therefore clipped at the top when steering right becomes to hard. My settings are resetted on car and option FFB but it is not in middle. Should it be there wile standing and how to get there? alrady tried some options but only changed the curves not the baseposition

Small note, there is room in the meter for TWO lines, one for software based FFB and one for hardware.. the yellow software line occupies the top half of the meter, so the yellow line can only go from the centre of the meter to the top (the other line is grey and would sit in the bottom half of the meter). When there are no forces it will sit in the centre of the top half of the meter (so yes 75% is correct)

In other words, yes it's fine ;)

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 14:29
Small note, there is room in the meter for TWO lines, one for software based FFB and one for hardware.. the yellow software line occupies the top half of the meter, so the yellow line can only go from the centre of the meter to the top (the other line is grey and would sit in the bottom half of the meter). When there are no forces it will sit in the centre of the top half of the meter (so yes 75% is correct)

In other words, yes it's fine ;)

Thank you very much for sharing this. I assume that I don't have agrey line is normal.

After I did some settings with the body FFB after 30 sec of driving my wheel started to kinda drive it self for the first time by going to full right or left or jumping to middle. Is this a bug or a feature? ;)
I vaguely remember reading some threads about it.

Mad Al
08-05-2015, 14:39
Thank you very much for sharing this. I assume that I don't have agrey line is normal.

After I did some settings with the body FFB after 30 sec of driving my wheel started to kinda drive it self for the first time by going to full right or left or jumping to middle. Is this a bug or a feature? ;)
I vaguely remember reading some threads about it.

No, the lack of grey is correct

lets just say the defaults for FFB are quite reasonable and it's definitely one of those things where getting it wrong (and badly so) is a lot easier that getting it right.

There is a WIP FFB Tuning guide which should migrate to this forum from the WMD one and will probably end up as a Wiki guide all over the net.

baron-bob
08-05-2015, 14:52
Thanks so far for the support and the quick reply's. But I still locking forward to CANNED rumbelsupport. DARE I SAID IT.

Assasin
08-05-2015, 22:23
Hello Guys, I am using Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel too. (With G27 pedals & Basher boards pedal filter V1 hooked up to it. H pattern shifter is hooked up but mostly using auto gear)
Can you be so kind and share the whole settings you are using? There are lots of settings and I am not sure If I am making right choises. I feel like I don't.
First of all our wheel is not in the pre defined wheel list. I simply choose 911 Turbo, is this the right choise?
What would be your suggestions for other settings?

Thank you in advance.

Mad Al
08-05-2015, 22:45
Hello Guys, I am using Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel too. (With G27 pedals & Basher boards pedal filter V1 hooked up to it. H pattern shifter is hooked up but mostly using auto gear)
Can you be so kind and share the whole settings you are using? There are lots of settings and I am not sure If I am making right choises. I feel like I don't.
First of all our wheel is not in the pre defined wheel list. I simply choose 911 Turbo, is this the right choise?

Thank you in advance.

Other than to set the FFB deadzone removal range as explain in the first post, I don't change anything currently....

GTsimms
08-05-2015, 23:57
These are the settings that I am testing atm with the BMW M3 GT at Nordschleife with Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2. In game adjust as here .09 on DR. Wheel Sen OFF, FF 40, Sho 100, dri off, Abs 70, Lin 0, dEA 0, SPr off, dPr off. The standard Fanatec profiler settings.

marc9600
09-05-2015, 14:18
Mad AI - do you know of anyone that has no lines in the FFB box ? The box is there on my telemetry screen bu there are no lines ( yellow or grey) at all in the box. Playing on PC with a Fanatec Turbo Porsche S wheel and it seemed to calibrate ok and I can feel FFB, but the graph is blank (tried various setting for FFB and it makes no difference).

manamana
04-06-2015, 13:21

Thank you in advance.

I'm using jack spade g25 plus "A" settings ingame (refer to first page of Jack tread)
Far from perfection but quite good.

Hope someone else will share their sets.

HBR-Roadhog
04-06-2015, 14:19
These are the settings that I am testing atm with the BMW M3 GT at Nordschleife with Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2. In game adjust as here .09 on DR. Wheel Sen OFF, FF 40, Sho 100, dri off, Abs 70, Lin 0, dEA 0, SPr off, dPr off. The standard Fanatec profiler settings.

You really should have FF set to 100 on your wheel. Setting it to 40 distorts your stronger FFB effects quite a lot, basically any input above 40 becomes 40. Is better to set at 100 and then adjust settings in game if the FFB is to strong.

shiftee
17-07-2015, 14:07
Did any of you guys settle on some decent FFB settings for the Fanatec 911 Turbo S Wheel?

I just bought a new PC and this game for my Fanatec 911 Turbo S Wheel, but I am struggling with the FFB. even with the FFB turned way down in game, there will be violent jerks to the right or left on a seemingly smooth straightaway that will throw me into a wall and separate my shoulder. funny...but frustrating.

If anyone could post the in game FFB settings they are using I would definitely appreciate it. I need a good starting out set to tweak from, I have searched through all of the FFB threads and cannot find a good feel for my Fanatec 911 Turbo S Wheel. to be clear, I am looking for the project cars "in game" FFB settings not the Fanatec "in-wheel" settings (displayed on the actual wheel). thanks in advance!

Mad Al
19-07-2015, 11:11
Mad AI - do you know of anyone that has no lines in the FFB box ? The box is there on my telemetry screen bu there are no lines ( yellow or grey) at all in the box. Playing on PC with a Fanatec Turbo Porsche S wheel and it seemed to calibrate ok and I can feel FFB, but the graph is blank (tried various setting for FFB and it makes no difference).

Seen it happen a couple of times.. a profile reset (which deletes all career progress, car setups, etc) was the answer I believe..

Did any of you guys settle on some decent FFB settings for the Fanatec 911 Turbo S Wheel?

I just bought a new PC and this game for my Fanatec 911 Turbo S Wheel, but I am struggling with the FFB. even with the FFB turned way down in game, there will be violent jerks to the right or left on a seemingly smooth straightaway that will throw me into a wall and separate my shoulder. funny...but frustrating.

If anyone could post the in game FFB settings they are using I would definitely appreciate it. I need a good starting out set to tweak from, I have searched through all of the FFB threads and cannot find a good feel for my Fanatec 911 Turbo S Wheel. to be clear, I am looking for the project cars "in game" FFB settings not the Fanatec "in-wheel" settings (displayed on the actual wheel). thanks in advance!

The 2.5 update and setting Classis FFB should cure your problems (then just use the wheelcheck utility to test the FFB deadzone and set the deadzone removal range, as appropriate)