PDA

View Full Version : Improve on car physics?

xuculate
08-05-2015, 11:53
Hello. After following the development of this sim from a long time ago, in my opinion some physicscars have been worsened and, by far that I warn of this, at physics forum (http://forum.wmdportal.com/forumdisplay.php?29-pCARS-Physics-amp-A.I. http://forum.wmdportal.com/forumdisplay.php?95-pCARS-Physics-Testing), no improvement. You know if SMS will keep improving the game or after the release freezes, assuming the physical current "good"?

Thanks for reading

MysterG
08-05-2015, 11:58
If there are issues with specific cars then things will be tweaked to improve them if possible, and it might be that updates/improvements in physics code might filter into the current engine.

What will not happen though is changes because a few people 'don't like the physics'.

xuculate
08-05-2015, 12:26
If there are issues with specific cars then things will be tweaked to improve them if possible, and it might be that updates/improvements in physics code might filter into the current engine.

What will not happen though is changes because a few people 'don't like the physics'.

It's a shame!

Weenie Beenie
08-05-2015, 12:37
You're going to have to be more specific than 'I don't like them' or 'They're not as good'.

TenthDan
08-05-2015, 12:42
It's a shame!

And first of all, adjust the setup to be sure it's not just a default setup that doesn't suit your style.

xuculate
08-05-2015, 12:46
You're going to have to be more specific than 'I don't like them' or 'They're not as good'.

Copy from WMD physics forum: http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?13362-Lotus-49-Physics-Discussion/page116

I see that the car physics has not been modified in recent months. Still always understeer when you brake even going fast on a curve and releasing gas or braking. You can not use the dynamics of weights and inertia to steer the car, you olny can drive like a modern Formula One, without sliding ...

I had high expectations with this sim but in my opinion, and hope to be wrong, will stay in one of the bunch ...

and yes, I liked a lot more before the tire model SETA

...My brother has bought the PS4 PCARS and spoke me about the exaggerated understeer of L49...

Iīve spoke a lot about the Physics of the Lotus 49, but nothing happend... Perhaps my opinion on the physics of this car is wrong, but the driving does not seem nothing natural

Joris GvK
08-05-2015, 12:56
Try the Clio on BrandsHatch lots of over steer on the hill after start finish. :)

danowat
08-05-2015, 13:01
Try the Clio on BrandsHatch lots of over steer on the hill after start finish. :)

Likewise, the Clio at Snetterton oversteers like a pig trying to go round Brundle!

xuculate
08-05-2015, 13:21
Likewise, the Clio at Snetterton oversteers like a pig trying to go round Brundle!

That's what I mean. There are cars that work well, and others stopped doing long ago, but in his day were spectacular like Lotus 49 in old versions.

Joris GvK
08-05-2015, 13:31
Haven't really noticed that, but maybe that is because i'm having a lot of "trouble" to keep the nose of the cars pointed in the right direction when driving on the limit ;). Tonight when i'm home from work I'll check the L49 and see how it handles. It's been a long time since i have driven that car.

xuculate
08-05-2015, 13:35
Haven't really noticed that, but maybe that is because i'm having a lot of "trouble" to keep the nose of the cars pointed in the right direction when driving on the limit ;).

Lotus 49 nose always going straight, except when you accelerate too much...:upset:

Yorkie065
08-05-2015, 13:49
You can't use one driving style for all cars! The Lotus 49 is a car that requires neutral weight balance to handle effectively, i.e. the weight of the car needs to be in the middle! If it's too far forward or too far rewards then you'll find the car understeering or oversteering a lot. Best way to get it into the corners is brake hard, get it all slowed down. Ease off the brakes just as you're about to start turning in and as you turn in more and head towards the apex, rest your foot on the accelerator with minimal pressure and hold it there, you'll feel the weight shift rearwards slightly. The car will squat a little at the rear and thats when you get optimum turning grip and you can apply more throttle as you come out the corner. It requires patience and very accurate smooth inputs. It's the same with the road cars but when you get it right, it's a great car to drive. It's not a physics issue, it's the way the car is due to no downforce pushing you into the tarmac, it's all mechanical grip.

Mad Al
08-05-2015, 14:00
Hello. After following the development of this sim from a long time ago, in my opinion some physicscars have been worsened and, by far that I warn of this, at physics forum (http://forum.wmdportal.com/forumdisplay.php?29-pCARS-Physics-amp-A.I. http://forum.wmdportal.com/forumdisplay.php?95-pCARS-Physics-Testing), no improvement. You know if SMS will keep improving the game or after the release freezes, assuming the physical current "good"?

Thanks for reading

why didn't you just go for a simple

"and yes, I liked a lot more before the tire model SETA "

yes we know YOU don't like the Lotus 49, half your posts have stated that!

xuculate
08-05-2015, 14:44
why didn't you just go for a simple

"and yes, I liked a lot more before the tire model SETA "

yes we know YOU don't like the Lotus 49, half your posts have stated that!

You are wrong. I love the Lotus 49, the real one, what I donīt like is how itīs physics is simulated, itīs very different.

That's why I criticize it so much "because I love this car"

And again I say that in a part of its evolution, this car had great physics. You just have to see my profile picture, even before the car was flying at flug platz, Now all you can get is a spin on the hump

xuculate
08-05-2015, 14:47
You can't use one driving style for all cars! The Lotus 49 is a car that requires neutral weight balance to handle effectively, i.e. the weight of the car needs to be in the middle! If it's too far forward or too far rewards then you'll find the car understeering or oversteering a lot. Best way to get it into the corners is brake hard, get it all slowed down. Ease off the brakes just as you're about to start turning in and as you turn in more and head towards the apex, rest your foot on the accelerator with minimal pressure and hold it there, you'll feel the weight shift rearwards slightly. The car will squat a little at the rear and thats when you get optimum turning grip and you can apply more throttle as you come out the corner. It requires patience and very accurate smooth inputs. It's the same with the road cars but when you get it right, it's a great car to drive. It's not a physics issue, it's the way the car is due to no downforce pushing you into the tarmac, it's all mechanical grip.

the problem is that logical drive, currently does not work on PCARS with L49

vicdavery
08-05-2015, 14:49
You are wrong. I love the Lotus 49, the real one, what I donīt like is how itīs physics is simulated, itīs very different.

That's why I criticize it so much "because I love this car"

And again I say that in a part of its evolution, this car had great physics

Are you claiming to have driven a real Lotus 49? If so, then I respect your opinion. If not, then what makes you think your idea of how it should handle is more accurate than the developers?

xuculate
08-05-2015, 14:52
Are you claiming to have driven a real Lotus 49? If so, then I respect your opinion. If not, then what makes you think your idea of how it should handle is more accurate than the developers?

Jajaja, no I arenīt. problem solved? Can I speak with one developer who drive it? would be a pleasure!

JonZ
08-05-2015, 14:52
A thread like this should be stickied to the top. It clear that if we start fixing an issue for one guy it will break the game for the others. It likely we'd have many discussions in regard of physics. Just like the physic thread over WMD, it should be moderated with the people that have deep knowledge regarding physics and with strong backing evidences. Perhaps over time it will help the developers to have a clear insight and schedule fixes or improvements over time.

vicdavery
08-05-2015, 15:04
Jajaja, no I arenīt. problem solved? Can I speak with one developer who drive it? would be a pleasure!

Maybe not developers, but of course they did have access to Ben Collins, Nicholas Hamilton and Oli Webb and there are several of the team who race themselves. So I'm just saying there's a good chance that the Lotus 49 as simulated might actually be correct.

I don't know if it is, I've never driven one. But equally you don't know if it is or it isn't because you haven't driven one either. So maybe we should trust the team. They've produced, imho, the most accurate simulation available. If you don't agree, then there are many more to choose from. :)

xuculate
08-05-2015, 15:05
Maybe not developers, but of course they did have access to Ben Collins, Nicholas Hamilton and Oli Webb and there are several of the team who race themselves. So I'm just saying there's a good chance that the Lotus 49 as simulated might actually be correct.

I don't know if it is, I've never driven one. But equally you don't know if it is or it isn't because you haven't driven one either. So maybe we should trust the team. They've produced, imho, the most accurate simulation available. If you don't agree, then there are many more to choose from. :)

From the beginning I said that's my opinion, not that it is the Word of God.

Of course there and I doubt that CPRSI is the definitive simulator, none is always better, for something would be: because perfect simulation, design errors, perspective, or that the car never condució it never gets .. .

Everyone has faith he wants, you can believe that everything done in PCARS is perfect because someone says, or think that says, I prefer the expert explain it to me

MysterG
08-05-2015, 15:12
From the beginning I said that's my opinion, not that it is the Word of God.

Of course there and I doubt that CPRSI is the definitive simulator, none is always better, for something would be: because perfect simulation, design errors, perspective, or that the car never condució it never gets .. .

Everyone has faith he wants, you can believe that everything done in PCARS is perfect because someone says, or think that says, I do not

I think we have a good grasp of your opinion now. No need to repeat it further.

xuculate
08-05-2015, 15:13
I think we have a good grasp of your opinion now. No need to repeat it further.

I answer the questions, sorry if it upset you ...

Mad Al
08-05-2015, 15:16
Just stick the 74 slicks on it and stop whining.. you have 220+ posts in the WMD forum the majority of which seem to be on this same subject...

xuculate
08-05-2015, 15:20
Just stick the 74 slicks on it and stop whining.. you have 220+ posts in the WMD forum the majority of which seem to be on this same subject...

Ok!

eric55
11-05-2015, 10:18
Hi Myster

I joined the community just because the game is a community based game and that makes it even better for the future,and I feel I must share with you guys my opinion about the physics

Firstly it seems the handling on most of the track cars are spot on but the road cars are very very woubly but not all, for example take the Audi R8 road and drive the wheels off it and then take the sls amg road car and you wil notice that the R8 seems fine but its the merc that is just not right, the reason why is the sls just cannot break traction in any situation, and its impossible to power slide out of a sweeping corner,NOW we all know that's not sls amg behaviour and not even the black series amg is this planted

I know it is a racing game but we are all car/petrol heads and this small things makes for a great and polished sim racer

Regards

eric55
11-05-2015, 10:58
Hi Myster

I joined the community just because the game is a community based game and that makes it even better for the future,and I feel I must share with you guys my opinion about the physics

Firstly it seems the handling on most of the track cars are spot on but the road cars are very very woubly but not all, for example take the Audi R8 road and drive the wheels off it and then take the sls amg road car and you wil notice that the R8 seems fine but its the merc that is just not right, the reason why is the sls just cannot break traction in any situation, and its impossible to power slide out of a sweeping corner,NOW we all know that's not sls amg behaviour and not even the black series amg is this planted

I know it is a racing game but we are all car/petrol heads and this small things makes for a great and polished sim racer

Regards

MorciXL
11-05-2015, 20:16
I like physics of Project Cars in general terms, some cars more than others.. Really well on almost cars! but i really think Renault Clio, and Renault Megane are NOT at the same stage as almost cars on the game.. Seems like are not finished, or something strange! :(
Anyone else thinking same about this?