PDA

View Full Version : PS4 : Your feedbacks Controller vs wheel

Falconeye
08-05-2015, 12:04
Hi,

I have a G27 Wheel but unfortunately it is not compatible with PS4, even if some devices seem to work with it...
One solution for those who have a G27 is to use an adapter to connect a Thrustmaster wheel to the G27 pedals set.

What is your feedback for those who tried both (wheel and controllers). Is it worth the monney to invest again in a T300RS + TH8A gear shifter ? Will you stay with controllers or wheel will become the must have ?

Thanks.

narmi47
08-05-2015, 12:07
yes! get the T300rs and Gear shifter, if possible get the pedals too that come with teh T500rs.

Playing with a wheel is in a league of its own, the corrections, dropping the gears, heal and toe combo.... wow.

Falconeye
08-05-2015, 12:16
Thanks ! I think I will use my G27 pedals connected with a ricmotech adapter to the T300 Wheel. The T500 Pedal (T3PA Pro) is huge and cost a lot.

Having an installation for Pcars will cost twice the PS4 :)
T300 : 330 Euros
TH8A : 150 Euros
T3PA Pro : 180 Euros

I am using my G27 WheelstandPro and it seems it is compatible with T300 RS (however you have to purchase the TH8A support, about 10 euros)

narmi47
08-05-2015, 12:48
that's a way around it!

i also use the wheelstandPro which was advised is not compatible due to the weight of the T500rs, but its just fine.

(my poor old G25 is in the wardrobe redundant, think i will need to put on the marketplace)

Falconeye
08-05-2015, 17:10
Is it easy to configure the wheel ? Must we have to launch the calibration each at each start? Is project cars providing defaults settings for wheels ?

Scrufy
09-05-2015, 06:05
didn't have to change a single thing with my Thrustmaster wheel. If I remember right I just started the game and looked at the controller in options and it was already discovered and set up. I have the adapter and my G27 pedals and yes, the gas brake and clutch works flawlessly.

0zzy94
09-05-2015, 06:22
Falconeye get a wheel, nothing beats it bud.

Btw: very important. I was in your same position. G27 + PS4 = No racing games. I sold the G27 for 180 (the same I paid for it, only I got a wheel stand pro on top). I kept my wheel stand pro only to find out the T300rs IS NOT compatible with the G27 stand. The top part is (wheel mounting) but the pedals do not. They told me I'd need to buy a pedal set with 3 pedals for it to fit on the G27 stand. I bought a T500rs accordingly (3 pedals, and they literally said it'd work). Downright lie, the T500rs pedals do not fit onto the G27 stand. In the end I bought a desk and it works perfectly. Will never buy anything from wheelstand again. Now I've got a wheel stand pro laying around like a coffee table. Lol.

P.S Yeah, this whole transition (thanks to lack of Logitech support) costs a bloody bomb. Not gonna upgrade for the next 8 years at least.

Falconeye
09-05-2015, 09:04
Falconeye get a wheel, nothing beats it bud.

Btw: very important. I was in your same position. G27 + PS4 = No racing games. I sold the G27 for 180 (the same I paid for it, only I got a wheel stand pro on top). I kept my wheel stand pro only to find out the T300rs IS NOT compatible with the G27 stand. The top part is (wheel mounting) but the pedals do not. They told me I'd need to buy a pedal set with 3 pedals for it to fit on the G27 stand. I bought a T500rs accordingly (3 pedals, and they literally said it'd work). Downright lie, the T500rs pedals do not fit onto the G27 stand. In the end I bought a desk and it works perfectly. Will never buy anything from wheelstand again. Now I've got a wheel stand pro laying around like a coffee table. Lol.

P.S Yeah, this whole transition (thanks to lack of Logitech support) costs a bloody bomb. Not gonna upgrade for the next 8 years at least.

@Scuffy : Did you buy the Ricmotech adapter or one else ?

@ Ozzy : Your Feedback is very important since I also have a WheelsTand Pro (bought in 2010). I wrote to them and they told me the same thing, the WSP for g27 will be compatible with any model with 3 pedals like T3PA, T3Pa pro.

What was your problem ? Is it just the fixation bar or the WSP dimensions that are not compatible with a Thrustmaster pedal set ?

Here a photo of my WSP with G27 pedals and dimensions (in cm)

Connor Caple
09-05-2015, 11:01
I gave up and bought the game on PC after realising how much it would cost to get a Thrustmaster wheel setup (more than I paid for the PS4).

If they ever add support for my Logitech wheel (unlikely) I'll pick up a PS4 copy too.