00kami
08-05-2015, 12:08
Hello my name is joel,
Hardware:
pc, i5 3.5 gtx 970 ram 8gb
Control:
xt 458 thrumaster
Project cars purchased on Steam.
My problem is that on several occasions in mid-race, the gearbox is changed to first gear (1) in some times. What makes the car lose control. I have done tests with two cars, Formula B and Formula C in story mode and single mode.
I tried to disconnect the Xbox and leave only one wheel connected to the PC, but so does.

I'll be glad for you help.
Thanks.

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 12:09
Are you by any chance pulling the gear down twice?

Pete

00kami
08-05-2015, 12:23
Hello Pet, thanks for you reply.
The problem appear for example, when you go in 6 gear, and immediately change to first gear.
I tested with another vehicle GT on the same track and it has not happened to me.
Thanks.

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 12:24
The problem appear for example, when you go in 6 gear, and immediately change to first gear.
I tested with another vehicle GT on the same track and it has not happened to me.
Thanks.

What GT car and which track are you using?

Pete

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 12:28
Thanks.

Do you have a standalone shifter or a key binding to 1st gear in the Controller setup??

I could see something like this possibly happening if something like a shifter was left in 1st gear, instead of Neutral, and then using the paddle shift on the wheel. After you use the paddles it might pickup the selected gear on the shifter from a vibration or similar??

00kami
08-05-2015, 12:50
I only use the wheel, and only happens me in this game.
The GT CAR is the mclaren and the track, is the first track in the histoy mode, england cup.
But the problem is when i use the cars of formula B and C.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 12:58
I only use the wheel, and only happens me in this game.
The GT CAR is the mclaren and the track, is the first track in the histoy mode, england cup.
But the problem is when i use the cars of formula B and C.

Hi 00kami, do you get it consistently with the Formula B and C across different session types, eg, Quick Race, Practice, Time Trial etc, or is it limited to only one??

00kami
08-05-2015, 13:11
I've only played about 6 hours in total, and I have only tried the story mode and after the occurrence of the problem, I tested with the same cars in a single race, and it was the same. I could not try more, I have not had time. I will continue doing tests, but it's strange that I spent alone in this game and not in others.
Thanks.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 13:14
I've only played about 6 hours in total, and I have only tried the story mode and after the occurrence of the problem, I tested with the same cars in a single race, and it was the same. I could not try more, I have not had time. I will continue doing tests, but it's strange that I spent alone in this game and not in others.
Thanks.

No worries Mate, I have not seen anyone else report this yet, but the more you can narrow it down, the quicker SMS should be able to find and fix any possible issue :)

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 13:18
I think its come up during development but in most cases it was put down to user error or another control (box button) interfering with the down shift.

Hopefully we get more people finding it and help SMS narrow it down as Morgan says.

Pete

00kami
08-05-2015, 13:25

BOLT
08-05-2015, 13:34
Do you have any other controllers plugged in at all, a controller for example or a joystick?

If you have, unplug every USB device you do not need to race and give it another try. There is also a slim possibility that there is a problem with the power to your USB ports, in some cases there is not enough and this can make devices behave erratically. If you have any USB 3 ports these have a better supply so it may be worth switching things around so that your wheel or shifter is plugged into the USB 3 port, as separate shifters draws all their current from USB.

CitizenSwift
10-05-2015, 07:21
This is happening to me as well on PS4 with the DS4 driving Renault Clio. No other controllers plugged in. No button assigned to '1st gear'. Gear will suddenly drop to first and, until I switched off failures, would blow the engine ��

KawaM
26-09-2015, 09:10
This is happening to me as well on PS4 with the DS4 driving Renault Clio. No other controllers plugged in. No button assigned to '1st gear'. Gear will suddenly drop to first and, until I switched off failures, would blow the engine ��

Always happening to me too.

Racing in every circuit, with every car: gearbox change in 1 gear and is not possible to change it.

You come back in Box, go out and everything it's ok, but after one/two minutes the same... gearbox in 1 gear again.