PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] Frame Rate dropping a lot on XB1

Bloyski
08-05-2015, 12:45
I have noticed that the frame rate drops a lot in each race and this can make it really difficult to navigate tricky sections of track as it feels like your getting lag. I have noticed the problem occurring most when entering/exiting a corner but does happen on straights as well. It also appears that some tracks have this problem worse than other, I have played a couple tracks now and for example Bathhurst tight chicane drops frames badly for me and has caused me to crash a few times. Let me know down below if your experiencing the same issue as me as the more people that do the quicker it hopefully will get addressed and even if your on PS4 or PC could you comment on your frame rate for this game please and thank you.

Crimson Gungnir
08-05-2015, 14:27
I plan on getting this for the One (since I live in the US, I don't get it until the 12th), and I have it preordered physically. Is the frame drop bad enough where I should cancel my preorder until a patch, which can possiblly help, I'm sure they wont leave it like that.

P4RTCH1MP
08-05-2015, 15:44
Games is frustrating at the moment. Huge framerate dips, screen-tearing, pop-in and all the other amateur stuff. It's next to impossible to play with a controller as well. huge steering issues, bugs and the trigger vibration hasn't been implemented at all. There's an amazing game hiding in there somewhere but I'd hold out for a patch.

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 15:48
If you are using an Xbox One controller on the PC, there is a known issue with stuttering. Set the FFB to 0 and this will mitigate the issue for the time being.

MysterG
08-05-2015, 15:52
Moved to XB1 Tech Help & Support

Henrique Clausing
08-05-2015, 15:58
If you are using an Xbox One controller on the PC, there is a known issue with stuttering. Set the FFB to 0 and this will mitigate the issue for the time being.

This applies to x360 Controller too? or not?

Thanks.

NinjaLaura
08-05-2015, 18:46
Im having the same problems too its really bad.. i cant even play the karts races its impossible it just stutters and jumps around

Jay sysum
08-05-2015, 22:39
Well I'm glad the game has been released and hopefully we can all help solve a few issues and make this game great.

Yes I am suffering with frame rate problems especially going into corners. Jumpy looking replays and unprodictable corner entry under braking. The consistency of lap after lap seems hard to judge and breaking with cold tires is scary.

Only tried Oulton park so far in my first GT5 season but the hairpin bend at turn 4 really slows down. Breaking through turn 2 can be unprodictable.

I wondered if by altering the graphic settings this may reduce frame dropping?

musicmaniac1965
08-05-2015, 23:00
I have the game details on default, so no heat haze, and there's some other option turned off, but frame rate does depends on how quickly the screen turns (in a tight corner for example). I even saw some screen tearing, but nothing to bad to dislike the game. So far, the frame drops and screen tears i have encountered did not hamper gameplay to much. The controller problem with the oposite lock problem DOES hamper game play. I know they are going to solve this, and with the controller sensetivity on 40% (instead of the default 50%) so far have removed this problem, but so far, i haven't been in a kart after the change, so who knows it may come back (or not) LOL!

I understand this is a huge project, and i have high hope for everything will turn out just fine. Just to bad for this shakey start, as i do see this as a proper new contender for Forza and Gran Turismo, and maybe even more realistic than both. But to me, game play is more important than being realistic.

durdre
09-05-2015, 02:59
Has anyone else tried turning off the power to their xbox one and then loading up Project Cars to see if their is a FPS improvement? I think that there maybe and I just want to confirm that I am not going crazy :distracted: