PDA

View Full Version : Bug with assists or am I missing something?

dyr_gl
08-05-2015, 12:54
Started playing the PS4 version yesterday and set assists to "realistic". If I understand correctly, that is supposed to give each car the assists that it has in real life.

However, if I go into free practice and select a Formula A car, I have in car setup "TC allowed slip angle" avaliable to set. How is this possible?

hkraft300
08-05-2015, 13:00
F1 cars have had TC and launch control for a few years now.

FIA GT classes allow TC and ABS. I think LMP1/2 are allowed TC too.

dyr_gl
08-05-2015, 13:43
F1 cars have had TC and launch control for a few years now.

FIA GT classes allow TC and ABS. I think LMP1/2 are allowed TC too.

Nope. TC was banned in 2008. Launch control after 2004.

These cars are based on the 2011 ones so they shouldnīt have it.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 13:50
Started playing the PS4 version yesterday and set assists to "realistic". If I understand correctly, that is supposed to give each car the assists that it has in real life.

However, if I go into free practice and select a Formula A car, I have in car setup "TC allowed slip angle" avaliable to set. How is this possible?

This is just a UI shortcoming. The TC setting will not be applied to the cars that don't have them.

dyr_gl
08-05-2015, 15:39
This is just a UI shortcoming. The TC setting will not be applied to the cars that don't have them.

So basically it doesnīt matter what I select there. Good, I didnīt quite understand. Thanks!

00chapmano
09-05-2015, 16:45
Does anyone know how to tell if an assist is actually on or off? I have mine set to 'real' assists as that implies realism, but I can't tell if traction control for instance is on or off...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Bealdor
09-05-2015, 16:59
Does anyone know how to tell if an assist is actually on or off? I have mine set to 'real' assists as that implies realism, but I can't tell if traction control for instance is on or off...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Switch to external cam, active the full HUD and look at the speedo/motec. If the symbol for a driving assist is there, it is active.

dvc
10-05-2015, 13:17
I'm sure TC is enabled in formula a on real settings. If not, then what is recharging kers on straights and in high speed corners?