PDA

View Full Version : Friends times on leaderboards

MrWhite1972
08-05-2015, 13:19
Is it me or are they not there whatsoever?

seems a bit shoddy to me.....this is a racing game yet you cant compare friends times.

danowat
08-05-2015, 13:21
There aren't any, correct, hopefully they will be added in the future.

MrWhite1972
08-05-2015, 14:39
There aren't any, correct, hopefully they will be added in the future.

ok cheers :culpability:

mister dog
08-05-2015, 14:43
Is it me or are they not there whatsoever?

seems a bit shoddy to me.....this is a racing game yet you cant compare friends times.

Funny thing is in the description of the leaderboard tab it says something in the lines of 'compare with your friends', but then there is no option to do so... :grumpy:

Manic DBB
08-05-2015, 22:24
This is a big disappointment. I hope it will be addressed in an update.

Joethe147
09-05-2015, 00:13
Definitely needs adding.

Snudger
09-05-2015, 09:43
I took it for granted that this would be a feature, very disappointed that it's not been implemented. There isn't even a friends filter in the community events leaderboard.

My friends and I can't often get on at the same time due to family commitments so friends leaderboards are a vital way to compete against each other.

Is there any news as to whether this will be added.

Ramshackle
09-05-2015, 10:03
Yes, I also noticed the "compare with friends" on my driver profile page, then spent the next ten minutes trying to figure out how to do it. Was the same thing after doing a few time trials... couldn't find a filter to just view friends times. Hope this is fixed soon.

Katilla
12-05-2015, 10:20
yes, yes, yes!! the game need this feature. We await repairs!

Deadzone
12-05-2015, 10:34
Yes, I took it for granted that this game would have leaderboards at least at a standard of most othe racing titles. I actually was expecting groundbreaking LB's being that it's by racers for racers. What I was not expecting was what we got. (I'm on ps4).

The way they are at the moment they are almost pointless. I see the posts saying that they are limited like this on consoles because of technical issues. I'd like to know if these technical issues can be overcome, or are we going to be stuck with sub-par lb features.

Pablo2008jedi
12-05-2015, 10:35
+1 this is a MUST!

RimanDk
12-05-2015, 11:36
Well, the leaderboards work, don't they? Times do get registered there. What you want is to highlight specific people (friends) and/or filter out the rest. That's a feature, which isn't there currently, but there is nothing stopping you from manually looking for the people you are interested in and comparing, afaik. That part of the game doesn't need fixing - it needs improving =).

Pablo2008jedi
12-05-2015, 11:53
Well, the leaderboards work, don't they? Times do get registered there. What you want is to highlight specific people (friends) and/or filter out the rest. That's a feature, which isn't there currently, but there is nothing stopping you from manually looking for the people you are interested in and comparing, afaik. That part of the game doesn't need fixing - it needs improving =).

Yeah its very easy to scroll through several pages trying to find where someone is /sarcasm

Seriously though you need a filter to only include "Friends" ... its the only game I have played with leaderboards that doesn't have this option!

Deadzone
12-05-2015, 12:05

I'm not trying to bash on the game. 90% of its dam near perfect. Now I haven't played Mario-Kart for quite some time, but I'm guessing it has a more in depth leaderboard than Pcars. We are missing many basic functions that are the basic standard in today's titles. I really hope it can be greatly improved.

Kkj10
12-05-2015, 12:41
Well, the leaderboards work, don't they?

Not really

Times do get registered there.

Eventually but not always

mister dog
12-05-2015, 12:52
That will be fun when eventually there will be a 1000+ entries for a given track/car combo...http://l-smiles.net/image/smileys/I-dunno-LOL.gif

wraithsrike
12-05-2015, 13:01
That will be fun when eventually there will be a 1000+ entries for a given track/car combo...http://l-smiles.net/image/smileys/I-dunno-LOL.gif

Agree with the above.

Scroll through thousands of names to look for a friend, you can not be serious?

RimanDk
13-05-2015, 09:43
As I said - not arguing that they are perfect. I'm just arguing that they are not "broken" and don't need "fixing". Adding friend filtering - or at least highlighting! - would indeed be very useful and I'm not sure why that is not working currently.

OnyxD
13-05-2015, 10:57
It seems like the game doesn't log any of your best lap times in any mode except time trial. This is fair for the leaderboards, you wouldn't want career mode times uploaded there, but I would really like to know my personal best lap times! I don't use the time trial mode at all yet, have logged 15 hours of play in career mode and have no idea what my best times are!

Sp4mD4gger
13-05-2015, 11:22
Go to the leaderboard times, pick a track and car, then race, your time will appear there if clean. And you can pick a ghost to race against.

RimanDk
13-05-2015, 11:41
Leaderboards pick up times from Free Practice and Time Trial. I'm not sure whether they pick up your times from Events also, but obviously any mode in which you have others on track at the same time as you - whether they be AI or real people - don't get picked up. That's because drafting becomes a significant factor when you share track with others.

Sp4mD4gger
13-05-2015, 13:10
Naaaa, I just did a slow lap round brands and no leaderboard time was logged, leaderboard times should not be logged in practice, or qualifying.

TRC G00SE
13-05-2015, 13:39
Yes! this is needed for sure.

MrWhite1972
20-05-2015, 15:29
To say " they are limited like this on consoles because of technical issues" is rather shoddy also, was the xbox 360 limited showing forza 3 track times for every car class and track with your friends times on it?....so they are saying that the ps4 and project cars is less technical than an xbox 360 and forza 3?

It says im my sig im on PC, its ps4 :)

PuntoXII
21-05-2015, 22:31
very strange, this should be feature number one of a race game... Now I have an online excel file with a friend, omg.

Gimpymoo
21-05-2015, 22:34
Leaderboards pick up times from Free Practice and Time Trial. I'm not sure whether they pick up your times from Events also, but obviously any mode in which you have others on track at the same time as you - whether they be AI or real people - don't get picked up. That's because drafting becomes a significant factor when you share track with others.

So in real life, lap times posted by professional drivers on circuits are not recognised as they may have drafted?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLs

It is "another feature" missing owing to "time and financial constraints" which should be basic for a racing simulation game.

DerrickHUN
15-06-2015, 11:32
After the 1.4 patch (ps4) there are still NO FRIENDS TIME FILTER ..... WHY ?? Is it so complicated ?

Anyway, after the patch my Fanatec Gt2 is finally recognised as a wheel (not as dualschock), no random deadzone, no weak FFB, I can save my controls and tuning settings....so the patch solved many problems.....I made 1,5 sec better laptimes after this patch.....BUT I can't compare with my FRIENDS TIME......I don't want to scroll down 3000 racers....it's no good for my eyes....friends filter please, and I buy every DLC, because it is a very good game....

Mike Laskey
15-06-2015, 11:38
After the 1.4 patch (ps4) there are still NO FRIENDS TIME FILTER ..... WHY ?? Is it so complicated ?

Anyway, after the patch my Fanatec Gt2 is finally recognised as a wheel (not as dualschock), no random deadzone, no weak FFB, I can save my controls and tuning settings....so the patch solved many problems.....I made 1,5 sec better laptimes after this patch.....BUT I can't compare with my FRIENDS TIME......I don't want to scroll down 3000 racers....it's no good for my eyes....friends filter please, and I buy every DLC, because it is a very good game....

Hi, wrt friends: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31413-Help-racing-friends-ghosts&p=992136&viewfull=1#post992136

icebear
15-06-2015, 11:43
So in real life, lap times posted by professional drivers on circuits are not recognised as they may have drafted?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLs

It is "another feature" missing owing to "time and financial constraints" which should be basic for a racing simulation game.

i am sure there would be cheaters exploiting drafting to death with X cars helping the driver so better idea if it is not possible. There is enough with corners cut.

anyway, leaderboards really needs improvments, it is a key feature for any online game (a good website with many request options would do the job too i guess but the 2 i know are quite limited :( )

Pyro_X
21-07-2015, 13:31
http://pcars.13ms.de/

--> add friends via steam or name. only work for pc i think.