PDA

View Full Version : Custom liveries

oscarolim
08-05-2015, 13:32
Hi all.
I know custom liveries for now is a PC only option, since we must use a 3d party editor (Photoshop, gimp, etc) to create them.
But how about if you could submit the liveries to PC servers, and upon approval, made it available to download inside the game? Would be quite a nice feature. Sure is not the most important thing now, but something down the pipeline maybe?

Siberian Tiger
08-05-2015, 13:33
Well, this was heavely disscussed in the WMD Forum...

Sadly it seems that Microsoft and Sony does NOT allow Import of costum liveries...
(Or only under very Special circumstances)

X30 Nemec666
08-05-2015, 13:38
Can someone tell me how or if i can save my favourite liverie in this game? Or is it every race random?

Bryer
08-05-2015, 15:17
Can someone tell me how or if i can save my favourite liverie in this game? Or is it every race random?

I believe you can set your own livery in the My Garage section.

Andjem
08-05-2015, 15:53

simply download a custom livery and unzip it to your drive]:\[your system]\STEAM\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\

then in game - select custom livery in the garage section

Bryer
08-05-2015, 16:42
simply download a custom livery and unzip it to your drive]:\[your system]\STEAM\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\

then in game - select custom livery in the garage section

Clearly didn't read the forum you were answering on. Xbox One can't do that.

d4ninho
08-05-2015, 18:00
they need to increase the car amount very fast as right now there isnt enough.

you put in a driver number when you make a profile yet cannot use it as all paints are in game only,lol, why ask us our number,lol

oscarolim
08-05-2015, 18:24
Well, this was heavely disscussed in the WMD Forum...

Sadly it seems that Microsoft and Sony does NOT allow Import of costum liveries...
(Or only under very Special circumstances)

Oh I see, had no idea about that. I guess legal issues could arise or something similar.
Oh well, hopefully there will be more of those livery packs like the one released today.

X30 Nemec666
09-05-2015, 09:07

Or maybe not! You can press A there for go to setup. Press X for more Information or press Y for a Photo. But there is nothing to save your favourite livery?!

Squirrel
09-05-2015, 09:09
would be nice to see what liveries we were getting each time

Bryer
09-05-2015, 10:56
Or maybe not! You can press A there for go to setup. Press X for more Information or press Y for a Photo. But there is nothing to save your favourite livery?!

You select the car you like, hit the A button and it enters setup, you then return to the quick race weekend, and you should end up in the car you chose in the Garage screen. I cannot 100% confirm that works as I haven't tested it enough, but it did work with the Ginetta G40, although it might of just been a fluke.

Bleis
09-05-2015, 13:49
they need to increase the car amount very fast as right now there isnt enough.

you put in a driver number when you make a profile yet cannot use it as all paints are in game only,lol, why ask us our number,lol

What do you mean, not enough cars ?
Have you already driven em`all, and all the tracks? If so, try to go for perfection in each car, or race them in pro mode, it will be a totaly other history.

Raven403
09-05-2015, 15:41
On pc there is no way to CHOOSE a livery, why is every race random?? Makes zero sense. If there's a way for me to choose a livery I have not found it.

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 15:47
You can choose your Livery for all Races except Career.

Go to My Garage on the Right Side if your are in the Vehicle Selection list...

There you can choose your livery...

Raven403
09-05-2015, 19:23
You can choose your Livery for all Races except Career.

Go to My Garage on the Right Side if your are in the Vehicle Selection list...

There you can choose your livery...

Yes I've looked through them but there's no way to keep it on the car. As soon as u go back to the race menu it goes back to random.

Initia1 B
09-05-2015, 23:51
Yes I've looked through them but there's no way to keep it on the car. As soon as u go back to the race menu it goes back to random.

To keep a paint choose the one you want then create a tuning save. This keeps the paint with the set up. I was so glad when I figured it out coz who wants to race a car with 'MINGE' or 'Rimmer' on the side like we got with the Mingelo and RIMAA designs, Seriously? What were they smo.... I mean thinking?

Initia1 B
09-05-2015, 23:54
Obviously the above does not apply to career mode but it defo works for Race weekends.

X30 Nemec666
11-05-2015, 07:19
You have to create a whole setup only for having the paint you want? so extremely slow menu after you choose the liverie, then you have to press 4 buttons to save all.
Why not makin a "save as favourite" on hittin the "x" button in the overview? To easy?

Franco Ferrari
11-05-2015, 07:46
To keep a paint choose the one you want then create a tuning save. This keeps the paint with the set up. I was so glad when I figured it out coz who wants to race a car with 'MINGE' or 'Rimmer' on the side like we got with the Mingelo and RIMAA designs, Seriously? What were they smo.... I mean thinking?

Most of the liveries and sponsors currently in game are obviously fictional, but they have been created trying to replicate real life liveries and sponsors, without risking of incurring in the legal consequences of using real-life sponsors without consent.
The devs have been more than careful to create fictional but issue-free names, and sometimes the result was not 100% optimal in terms of "looking or sounding right", but they wanted to be 200% sure nobody would argue about them.
In some cases, also, the liveries had to be approved by the car manufacturer and sometimes some minor changes had to be made to accommodate the approval.
One of the manufacturer in particular, on one particular car (Class-C DTM), for reasons that didn't even depend on them, denied the use of ANY type of livery apart from some flat anonymous color combination. This also was due to some "special" legal issue.

So... you have all the rights to criticize the current liveries, but the reasons why they are how they are mostly legal ones... and not a particular bad taste in choosing or creating them.

Hope this helps (or clear the things better).

RickyHill
20-05-2015, 13:04
One of the manufacturer in particular, on one particular car (Class-C DTM), for reasons that didn't even depend on them, denied the use of ANY type of livery apart from some flat anonymous color combination. This also was due to some "special" legal issue.

Must have something to do with that lame ass DTM Experience game... A bit sad...

Jdorisan
20-05-2015, 15:06
I still think and in game livery maker would have been a cool touch. Or at least the ability to run a factory color like a privateer car