PDA

View Full Version : [Gameplay], [Tracks] Car crashes with invisible walls or invisible bumps

darkgio6
08-05-2015, 13:51
It happens almost in 1 out of 4 races (I've had 2 consecutive in SPA Francorchamps, different places). Is this a common issue? On my original post in Steam forums (came here recomended by user Leviathan) I forgot to mention that it also stops my car to 0km/h.

I did entire laps before it happens so I don't understand if this is a track or a simulation issue. Please help. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5HpGnjfhdw

Mattias
08-05-2015, 14:06
Could it be a flat tire?

darkgio6
08-05-2015, 20:39
More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFvCuPInTg

Elmo
09-05-2015, 14:01
Thanks for the videos chaps. If you see those issues pop up again please keep on providing videos, since it helps us to figure out whats happening quickly.

Skipperius
10-05-2015, 09:47
Hi,

i have the same Issue like in vid 2 -.- is there any solution for this problem? some people in steam has the same problem!

im driving a reno clio and this bug happend in 2 of 3 races (different Tracks). maybe it is why im using a 120Hz Monitor???

Wsp_timba
10-05-2015, 09:57
i have many videos with problems, this is caused for a brutal vibrations and a invisible wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9KYjDlJeak

Skipperius
10-05-2015, 10:22
The Issue makes the Game unplayable 4 me. really frustrating because during the race it makes LOT OF FUN...but then my cars fly away^^ often in the last round

-.-

i tryd a lot of things but i can not find a solution. any further ideas for a temporary solution?

i have many videos with problems, this is caused for a brutal vibrations and a invisible wall.

do you use PC or PS4/Xbone ??? if you use PC: do you use 120Hz Monitor?

thx

€: by the way: you make the best and direct technical support i ever saw. Great guys!!! im not a hardcoregamer so maybe there is better one, but try this by a game from EA^^ and i say that without fixing my problem until now. but i can see how many problems are there. and what your doing here. and that is awesome!!!

mister dog
12-05-2015, 07:03
I'm gonna link this thread here too, as it basically describes more of these issues:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23735-Crash-physics

Skipperius
12-05-2015, 07:38
is there anyone who has this problem by using a 60Hz Monitor? i have the feeling that the 120Hz Monitor is the Problem. so...

1. is there anyone with a 60Hz Monitor and this problem
2. is there anyone who uses a Gamepad and have this Issue (because maybe its a steering-wheel bug ???)

thanks! *thumbsup*

maybe we can exclude some Issue-Sources that helps to fix this problem faster (sry 4 my bad english^^)

€: i try'd it with 60Hz. same problem. again in the last round (1%) -.-

LCJ
12-05-2015, 18:35
is there anyone who has this problem by using a 60Hz Monitor? i have the feeling that the 120Hz Monitor is the Problem. so...

1. is there anyone with a 60Hz Monitor and this problem
2. is there anyone who uses a Gamepad and have this Issue (because maybe its a steering-wheel bug ???)

thanks! *thumbsup*

maybe we can exclude some Issue-Sources that helps to fix this problem faster (sry 4 my bad english^^)

€: i try'd it with 60Hz. same problem. again in the last round (1%) -.-
Hi, I experienced an invisible obsticle for the first time yesterday when I was defendeing 3rd place in Spa. On the last lap before the chicane my car crashed heavily into something invisible. When the spinning of the car stoped I can only see my opponent driving by and take third Place :(

I'm on 60Hz monitor and Nvidia 970.

Skipperius
12-05-2015, 19:39
Hi, I experienced an invisible obsticle for the first time yesterday when I was defendeing 3rd place in Spa. On the last lap before the chicane my car crashed heavily into something invisible. When the spinning of the car stoped I can only see my opponent driving by and take third Place :(

I'm on 60Hz monitor and Nvidia 970.

its annoying as hell^^ wished there were any fix. i found nothing to solve this -.-

im think you using a steeringwheel. so have u ever tryd using a controller? happend the same issue? i can not test this in the moment

btw: i have a gtx770 and win 8.1

Marcelo_Bianchi
12-05-2015, 21:20
hahahahaahahaha

https://youtu.be/7RsVBj_iO5I

Jawsome
13-05-2015, 14:12
Having issus like that every race right now. But it seems just to happen when i drive with the wheel. Nothing happens when I go with xbox controler for PC.
Really making the game unplayable, when you suddenly flip around like crazy in every race. Didnt happen in practice or qualifying sessions yet.
Going to provide videos ASAP!

Skipperius
13-05-2015, 18:16
Having issus like that every race right now. But it seems just to happen when i drive with the wheel. Nothing happens when I go with xbox controler for PC.
Really making the game unplayable, when you suddenly flip around like crazy in every race. Didnt happen in practice or qualifying sessions yet.
Going to provide videos ASAP!

ok. maybe a steeringwheel problem.

i try a nother USB-Input. maybe that helps

€: i try the wheel on a other usb-port. doesnt help. after 2 laps my car get wrecked. stick out the Xbox-Controller wasnt help also.

marklar
14-05-2015, 07:02
Same here.

https://youtu.be/zoyQc_U2yS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoyQc_U2yS8

Skipperius
14-05-2015, 10:33
Same here.

are you using a steeringwheel? have you ever try'd it with the controller`?

marklar
14-05-2015, 14:03
Yes, TM T300. No, I have not tried with the controller.

Noksi
15-05-2015, 20:26
Thanks for the videos chaps. If you see those issues pop up again please keep on providing videos, since it helps us to figure out whats happening quickly.

Do you still want us to post vids ? If so, here are two from Lemans (actually from the same MP race).

First is at the start at an MP race, look at both cars on the left side of the grid behind me, it looks like at least the first one is hitting some invisible wall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR5MzsWyIuI

At the end of the 1st lap I hit an invisible spot too, damaging the front right of car, hard to spot but there is some visible damage to the body part ... and before the end of the next lap I had to retire due to a blown engine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usi6Pc5MfYw

I still have the original pCars replay, let me know if you need it.

MaXKiLLz
15-05-2015, 21:59
It's truly amazing that someone at SMS signed off on this build and said, "Yup, it's polished and ready for store shelves." :confused:

Skipperius
17-05-2015, 06:24
is anyone working on a fix? because there comes nothing back here... im not the guy who is flaming/trolling in internet but in this case please read the whole text ... thats the reason why i getting angry!

first i was impressed by the support here (lot of communication and good Bug-Order). but slowly im getting really frustrated. no one helps us. i have the game now since the release and im still not able to play. its getting annoying (because the game makes fun until the cars fly away). and no one have a solution. just ignoring from you -.- i try'd everything to give you information about this issue. we found out that this issue comes when we using a steeringwheel (looks like this because with xbox-controller is ok). often in the last rounds. i have the feeling how longer the race goes that so higher is the possibilty of such a crash (maybe "reset" physics every round to fix this problem???). so please give us something back. we waiting over a week and we get NO information from you. we dont even know if someone working on that problem. all the information that we have was from the users here. no information from your side.

i know you have a lot of other bugs/Problems. i know you hear a lot of crying guys...but gamebreaking bugs should be your first priority. and that is a gamebreaker! we are not able to play...

so please guys. let one or two person look at this issue. looks like this is a steeringwheel-Problem. i think its a physics overreacting. maybe a wrong/bad/unusual signal from the steeringwheel? maybe you can change the sensitivity of such a signal (if this is even possible). you see, we try to give you informations. so please....help us. i am not the only one with that issue Thank you!

€: or build a optional replay-Function like in "Dirt"...or repeat the last round (i know that is not that easy^^)...but something like this...that would help us too. than we are able to "ignore" this bug (Singleplayer). or even if you tell us what we should test or do to help you fixing this. but do something. please!

€2: or build a possibility to save during the race. it would help a lot. i would always safe before the last round^^

greetz
17-05-2015, 21:57
I'm Also having this problem, in carreer mode I have to try each race several times due to crashes in corners with Nothing. I happend to crash On Nothing and my Clio ended up tolling around On The front bumper in The following corner.

Using core i7 and nvidia 980 providing 5780x1080 image

Skipperius
18-05-2015, 10:14
I'm Also having this problem, in carreer mode I have to try each race several times due to crashes in corners with Nothing. I happend to crash On Nothing and my Clio ended up tolling around On The front bumper in The following corner.

Using core i7 and nvidia 980 providing 5780x1080 image

read my text before. like i told -.-

Bruno Alexandre
18-05-2015, 10:22
It's not a case of being forgotten it's a matter of lack of information, first of all we need everyone to have their computer specs in their signatures.
To add your computer specs to the signatures you need to go to http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/profile.php?do=editsignature and write up your computer specs in the area that is displayed. You can use images if you prefer or a simple text like what i have below.

We need this information in order to know if there's a common denominator for this issue to happen.
The second part will be to get a video like the one shown previously with the telemetry enabled, this will allows us to see what physics feedback comes out of it.
Once we get enough samples to compare and analyze we will be able to move forward.

Skipperius
18-05-2015, 10:29

thank you. thats a reaction i hoped before. we want help but no one told us before what we should do.

but how we can enable the telemetry-data? is this a option in the game. if this is the case, i will find it by myself^^

€: Signatur is done! i think it will be there in the next post from me.

but i have Win8.1 ~ 770GTX ~ 16-GB Ram ~ i7 4770K

Bruno Alexandre
18-05-2015, 10:37
To access the telemetry data you need to first check which button you have assigned to the function "Cycle HUD Display". To check this you will have to go to Options > Controllers > Edit Assignments
If you have no button/key assigned, add one when while driving press it to cycle through the various screens.

Skipperius
18-05-2015, 11:15
To access the telemetry data you need to first check which button you have assigned to the function "Cycle HUD Display". To check this you will have to go to Options > Controllers > Edit Assignments
If you have no button/key assigned, add one when while driving press it to cycle through the various screens.

thank you! :thumbsup: but i can only look in a few days. lot of work at the moment -.-

Bruno Alexandre
18-05-2015, 11:17
No worries, surely others who suffer from the same situation can help us get the feedback more quickly.

Jenna Tailya
19-05-2015, 01:05
Hi Skipper, its only happened once; but I'm running 60Hz for now, so maybe not the Hz! ;)

Skipperius
19-05-2015, 04:12
Hi Skipper, its only happened once; but I'm running 60Hz for now, so maybe not the Hz! ;)

thanks!

testet by myself the 60hz setting. still getting this bug too. i dont think the Hz has something to do with this.

are you using a steeringwheel?

€: can you do a video of this bug (with telemetry data on)? i think if we have a video like this, the problem could be solved soon *hope*

ricko
19-05-2015, 05:34
playing game more time have bug EXP hit somthing ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEF2LkU9xs ):culpability:

MikeyTT
19-05-2015, 06:04
Literally no idea what your issue is. Flicked through the 5 min+ video but it doesn't show any bugs from what I can see. At what point in the video does the issue happen??

Neil Hopwood
19-05-2015, 06:24
Landmine @ 4:00ish

deedub777
19-05-2015, 07:53
For what it's worth, I had the invisible crash on PS4.
Driving Dubai international, entering second to last corner, ran wide onto the kerb, BANG! Lost a wheel.

PS4
Thrustmaster T300 GTE
Was driving the BMW M3 GT (GT3)

Skipperius
19-05-2015, 08:03
For what it's worth, I had the invisible crash on PS4.
Driving Dubai international, entering second to last corner, ran wide onto the kerb, BANG! Lost a wheel.

PS4
Thrustmaster T300 GTE
Was driving the BMW M3 GT (GT3)

ok, PS4 too?

first and only time? maybe just bad luck? but it looks like the steeringwheel is the reason for this bug. we are near to a solution. i feel it :acne:

Mattias
19-05-2015, 08:42
How does something like that even happen?
I have days of game play time now and I haven't come across this even once?

MysterG
19-05-2015, 08:47
How does something like that even happen?
I have days of game play time now and I haven't come across this even once?

Pretty much down to a very unique set of circumstances affected by car, speed, setup, position on track etc.. etc..

In the early days of development these type of errors were quite common, but gradually they got sorted.
Impossible to replicate every set of circumstances though even with many people testing.

The combination of variables is immense.

deedub777
19-05-2015, 09:01
ok, PS4 too?

first and only time? maybe just bad luck? but it looks like the steeringwheel is the reason for this bug. we are near to a solution. i feel it :acne:
I've heard of a number of occasions, but for me, only this once... except this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTIza7MwBuc

Bruno Alexandre
19-05-2015, 09:18
Can this be merged with the other thread ? http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22273-Gameplay-Tracks-Car-crashes-with-invisible-walls-or-invisible-bumps

Skipperius
19-05-2015, 09:31

that is excactly was happend all the time on my pc. sometimes the loud crash-noise frightens me as hell ^^

but i dont see telemtry data on this vid (maybe im blind???). if you have the possibility, please try to make a vid with telemtry data.

thanks!

Ralle
19-05-2015, 09:47
Hi guys,

i think i had a softcoreversion of this bug. Compared to your vids, my car gets lifted "gently" but i think its the same bug?

http://youtu.be/oTlK-RUoCZw

After this, the tires were cold (15*), had no grip and FFB was almost gone. Another User (Dusterbuster) reported that his fuel was filled up to the starting amount after the bug occured.

Excuse me talking German in this vid - did not think that fast in this moment of desperation. But if youre curious:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26260-Lifted-Rear-bug-anyone-else

I Use a TM300-wheel.

So i guess i´ll stick to time trial then...

Stay fast
Ralle

Skipperius
19-05-2015, 09:51

DELETED BECAUSE SENSLESS^^ i thought Dusterbuster found a solution

€: now i get it^^ no soultion found -.-

WhiteNinja636
19-05-2015, 09:59
It's a known issue in Xbox as well; crashing into an invisible wall at the end of the LeMans pitlane.
http://youtu.be/0riCCt-v3t8

MysterG
19-05-2015, 10:00
Can this be merged with the other thread ? http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22273-Gameplay-Tracks-Car-crashes-with-invisible-walls-or-invisible-bumps

Seeing as you asked so nicely ;)
Done

Ville Vuoristo
19-05-2015, 10:06
Had an invisible wall on multiplayer Monza front straight, first three laps in a row. Everyone else got through each time. Final two laps played out fine.

deedub777
19-05-2015, 10:16
that is excactly was happend all the time on my pc. sometimes the loud crash-noise frightens me as hell ^^

but i dont see telemtry data on this vid (maybe im blind???). if you have the possibility, please try to make a vid with telemtry data.

thanks!
Maybe a stupid question... how do I show telemetry data on a vid that has occurred in the past? I drive with minimal hud and this was captured using the auto record share option on PS4.
(always willing to help if I know how;))

Bruno Alexandre
19-05-2015, 10:22
Only possible during live gameplay or on PC by recording the telemetry data using an external app.

Skipperius
19-05-2015, 10:24
Maybe a stupid question... how do I show telemetry data on a vid that has occurred in the past? I drive with minimal hud and this was captured using the auto record share option on PS4.
(always willing to help if I know how;))

From "Bruno Alexandre": To access the telemetry data you need to first check which button you have assigned to the function "Cycle HUD Display". To check this you will have to go to Options > Controllers > Edit Assignments

Morgan Henstridge
19-05-2015, 11:27
When this is happening, are you guys running a Custom Setup on the car??

I usually just run the stock setup or minor wing adjustments for Le Mans, and i have not seen this once yet on my PC.

Just to help narrow it down a bit more for the Q&A guys, If you have had these issues running a custom setup, can you try running a stock setup for a bit, just to see if it is due to something in the setups.

EDIT - Also, from the signatures and info from a quick speed read, On the PC side, is this only happening to Logitech Wheels?? Or has anyone on PC had this with another brand of wheel.

For the logitech guys, can you also list what Version of the Logitech Driver / Profiler you are running in case it is something to do with the Steering wheel.

Skipperius
19-05-2015, 11:40
When this is happening, are you guys running a Custom Setup on the car??

I usually just run the stock setup or minor wing adjustments for Le Mans, and i have not seen this once yet on my PC.

Just to help narrow it down a bit more for the Q&A guys, If you have had these issues running a custom setup, can you try running a stock setup for a bit, just to see if it is due to something in the setups.

EDIT - Also, from the signatures and info from a quick speed read, On the PC side, is this only happening to Logitech Wheels?? Or has anyone on PC had this with another brand of wheel.

For the logitech guys, can you also list what Version of the Logitech Driver / Profiler you are running in case it is something to do with the Steering wheel.

i always drive with the default-settings. i change nothing.

i can not tell you at the moment which logitech driver i have. i plugged it in and it worked. never installed a logitech-driver. the problem is my steeringwheel ist REALLY old. i have to look after drivers when im at home.

on thing: because my wingman is not in the Ingame-Steerwheel-Seeting i used a complete other Steeringwheel in the options (from a other company, not logitech). all other steeringwheel-options not able to detect brakes or other things). sry 4 my bad english -.-

Morgan Henstridge
19-05-2015, 11:46
i always drive with the default-settings. i change nothing.

i can not tell you at the moment which logitech driver i have. i plugged it in and it worked. never installed a logitech-driver. the problem is my steeringwheel ist REALLY old. i have to look after drivers when im at home.

on thing: because my wingman is not in the Ingame-Steerwheel-Seeting i used a complete other Steeringwheel in the options (from a other company, not logitech). all other steeringwheel-options not able to detect brakes or other things). sry 4 my bad english -.-

No problems with the English :)

If you guys have already started to narrow it down to the wheel, I was thinking it may be a common driver etc. Your wheel may pre-date the Logitech Profiler, but if others with logitech wheels and this issue can give their info, we may start to see a pattern as to why this is not happening to everyone.

Just out of Curiosity, what is the steering Wheel you have selected in-game??

Skipperius
19-05-2015, 11:59
No problems with the English :)

If you guys have already started to narrow it down to the wheel, I was thinking it may be a common driver etc. Your wheel may pre-date the Logitech Profiler, but if others with logitech wheels and this issue can give their info, we may start to see a pattern as to why this is not happening to everyone.

Just out of Curiosity, what is the steering Wheel you have selected in-game??

i have to look at home which wheel is used in the ingame-option. will write this here when i know this

deedub777
20-05-2015, 08:41
From "Bruno Alexandre": To access the telemetry data you need to first check which button you have assigned to the function "Cycle HUD Display". To check this you will have to go to Options > Controllers > Edit Assignments
Doesn't answer the question ; which was "how do I show telemetry data on a vid that has occurred in the past?"
Of course, you can't, so I can't post the vid with telemetry @Skipperius, not on PS4

Bruno Alexandre
20-05-2015, 13:39
Doesn't answer the question ; which was "how do I show telemetry data on a vid that has occurred in the past?"
Of course, you can't, so I can't post the vid with telemetry @Skipperius, not on PS4

The answer to that was a bit below actually:

Only possible during live gameplay or on PC by recording the telemetry data using an external app.

Arcticdevil
20-05-2015, 20:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHWRAP02IfI
Shift2 Unleashed same bug :rolleyes:

DusterBuster
20-05-2015, 22:59
Found an invisible obstacle at Brno. After i crashed into it my fuel was up to my starting amount and my tyres were cold and couldn't heat up again. I used a custom setup and a controller as input device configured with the custom wheel preset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lybJ9QOJQ78

deedub777
21-05-2015, 07:31
The answer to that was a bit below actually:
Ah yes, on PC, I'm PS4, not possible on console to do that. Ahh, external apps, now that would be nice ;)

Jenna Tailya
21-05-2015, 07:55
Hi all; the invisible wall/rock happens now 1 race in 4??

Car is in race setup, NOT default.

Happens while the car is pushed to the limit around Mount Panorama, now I wouldn’t mind if it was a kangaroo;)

and when I hit this what ever it is, two things happen

1/ I have to reset to Wheel as the handling is like a wet sock!
2/ on impact the camera changes view

PC version with Fanatec CSR Wheels and peddles.
GTX 970 latest drivers

Just to test it out tonight I will do it in Sunday drive mode (boring) and see if its speed related.

Just as a reference: AC used to have invisible road bumps/spikes but were never as bad (was fixed with an update)

We need to find a solution PLEASE!

Morgan Henstridge
21-05-2015, 08:34
Hi all; the invisible wall/rock happens now 1 race in 4??

Car is in race setup, NOT default.

Happens while the car is pushed to the limit around Mount Panorama, now I wouldn’t mind if it was a kangaroo;)

and when I hit this what ever it is, two things happen

1/ I have to reset to Wheel as the handling is like a wet sock!
2/ on impact the camera changes view

PC version with Fanatec CSR Wheels and peddles.
GTX 970 latest drivers

Just to test it out tonight I will do it in Sunday drive mode (boring) and see if its speed related.

Just as a reference: AC used to have invisible road bumps/spikes but were never as bad (was fixed with an update)

We need to find a solution PLEASE!

Have you tried the same Car and Track combo with a Default setup to rule that out??

Skipperius
21-05-2015, 09:18
.....Happens while the car is pushed to the limit around Mount Panorama, now I wouldn’t mind if it was a kangaroo;)....

i have also the feeling that this is happend often when you car is on the limit (short time before the car would drift). but sometimes is happend by just driving forward (see the videos of the other users).
maybe deaktivating physX will help??? :confused: but i dont know if the car-handling is suffering under deactivated physX...

NemethR
21-05-2015, 09:25
The AI is crashing in the 1st corner of Outlon Park, while taking the inside Curb. Happened to me only with the 250cc Superkarts

DusterBuster
21-05-2015, 17:34
Hello,

the bug happened twice today at laguna seca with the ruf gt3. I used a custom setup and played with a controller, set up with a wheel config.
After the collision with the invisible object my tyres were cold and couldn't heat up again. The fuel was at the starting amount and the gear was set to neutral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt0wJJmrr0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYA20uWzzP8

Umer Ahmad
22-05-2015, 04:55
I have copied your videos to WMD portal so developers can have a closer look. Thanks for the videos.

Jenna Tailya
22-05-2015, 05:04
Have you tried the same Car and Track combo with a Default setup to rule that out??

Hi Morgan, Yes the first time it happened was by default, but didn't like the laps times, so had to tune!

Seams to happen after 4 laps?

So last night I tried 3 laps max, no walls.

will retry theory again tonight, and give you a report.

thanks Morgan.

Skipperius
22-05-2015, 07:08
Hi Morgan, Yes the first time it happened was by default, but didn't like the laps times, so had to tune!

Seams to happen after 4 laps?

So last night I tried 3 laps max, no walls.

will retry theory again tonight, and give you a report.

thanks Morgan.

mhh, i think also it was always the 4th or 5th round when this bug showed

€: thats why i said: it would maybe help if the physic will like "restarted" every round. maybe that helps
€2: but i think one time this bug happend before the 4th round. like 2th or 3th round or so

Morgan Henstridge
22-05-2015, 07:39

Will be interesting to see if it is related to Number of laps.

I have done several 2 hour races at Le Mans without issue.

dungeonseeker
22-05-2015, 08:35
There's also many users (myself included) who have noticed weird behaviour when using XB Pads, nothing this extreme but I've personally seen my car jump off the track a little bit and turn slightly in the air before landing.

Next time it happens I will save the replay and post if.

Prej
22-05-2015, 09:46
Encountered the same bug on numerous tracks, using different cars. Didn't matter if I was going straight or in corners.
My car came to a dead stop, spun or even flipped over and received damage in the process.

Specs: i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 660 Ti.

Skipperius
22-05-2015, 10:01
Encountered the same bug on numerous tracks, using different cars. Didn't matter if I was going straight or in corners.
My car came to a dead stop, spun or even flipped over and received damage in the process.

Specs: i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 660 Ti.

your using a steeringwheel (or using the steeringwheel option for you gamepad)?

Prej
22-05-2015, 11:06
your using a steeringwheel (or using the steeringwheel option for you gamepad)?

Yep, the Logitech Formula Force EX.

Jenna Tailya
23-05-2015, 05:30

€: thats why i said: it would maybe help if the physic will like "restarted" every round. maybe that helps
€2: but i think one time this bug happend before the 4th round. like 2th or 3th round or so

Hi Morgan, well the five laps per time proved to be a non event .

NO walls, but a rather large sponge (felt like a marshmallow, car slowed down, camera changed view twice, lost all FFB)

Only thing more that happened was to reset the CSR 6 times over 2.5 hours as FFB lost.

When this happened the vehicle felt like it was driving on ice!

Ruled out the wheel as the same happens with my old G27.

thanks.

Heisenberg_53
24-05-2015, 19:58
Same invisible wall crash here too. When I started the career I chose the Kart One series, after that the Superkart, Formula Rookie, LMP3 Semi-pro with the Caterham and finally the Endurance GT with Audi R18 TDI. The strange thing is that I haven’t encountered any problems until the Audi, before that I had no problems at all, well I had but only at invitational events with the Ford Focus, RUF, Audi R8… and the R18 now, with this I can’t even finish my first race. When this random crash happens my tires become instantly cold and I can’t warm them up afterwards, and sometimes my suspension takes damage, even though I disabled damage (only visual). And this happens randomly, sometimes 2 minutes after the start, sometimes after 20 minutes, and not always at the same corner, and at different tracks as well.
So I jumped to a conclusion, which might be silly, but this only happened to me with cars, which have a closed cockpit It might be the problem, I had no invisible wall crash with the LMP2 Caterham, Karts, Formula Rookie, '86 Lotus and they are all open cockpits, but it might be just a coincidence.

PC: Win 7 - i5 3330 3GHz - 8GB RAM - GTX 650 - (an old wheel) Wingman Formula Force GP

Skipperius
24-05-2015, 20:42
Same invisible wall crash here too. When I started the career I chose the Kart One series, after that the Superkart, Formula Rookie, LMP3 Semi-pro with the Caterham and finally the Endurance GT with Audi R18 TDI. The strange thing is that I haven’t encountered any problems until the Audi, before that I had no problems at all, well I had but only at invitational events with the Ford Focus, RUF, Audi R8… and the R18 now, with this I can’t even finish my first race. When this random crash happens my tires become instantly cold and I can’t warm them up afterwards, and sometimes my suspension takes damage, even though I disabled damage (only visual). And this happens randomly, sometimes 2 minutes after the start, sometimes after 20 minutes, and not always at the same corner, and at different tracks as well.
So I jumped to a conclusion, which might be silly, but this only happened to me with cars, which have a closed cockpit It might be the problem, I had no invisible wall crash with the LMP2 Caterham, Karts, Formula Rookie, '86 Lotus and they are all open cockpits, but it might be just a coincidence.

PC: Win 7 - i5 3330 3GHz - 8GB RAM - GTX 650 - (an old wheel) Wingman Formula Force GP

nice theory. maybe the Bug-Team will check this "closed cockpit"-theory.

i will test this now. i start a new carrer and beginn with a forumula car

by the way: you have the same Steering wheel as i. which wheel do you choose in the options?

Skipperius
24-05-2015, 22:37

by the way: you have the same Steering wheel as is. whicht wheel do you choose in the options?

€: i tryd now to drive with formulacar. the bug was not there. it worked fine (but i drove only 2 Rounds per Race). but i drove 10 min in qualifying without that bug

then there was a invitation with oldtimers (with closed cockpit). and during the qualifying the bug was there again. same problems as before. so it looked like this bug only happend with closed cockpit cars (but maybe its luck. maybe in other "non forumula closed cockpit" cars the bug is there again)

€2: sry for doublepost. i was sure i clicked the "edit post" button -.-

DusterBuster
25-05-2015, 10:10
Hello,

experienced the bug again today. This time it was during a free practice session with the ruf gt3 at road america (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt7Hd0fUGAs&feature=youtu.be). As always the car went to neutral, was fueld up again and the tyres were cold and couldn't heat up again. What I noticed in my case it happens mostly while driving the ruf gt3. Most time in-game I drive with the m3 gt2 and never noticed the bug with it, could the bug be car specific?

Heisenberg_53
25-05-2015, 21:18
by the way: you have the same Steering wheel as i. which wheel do you choose in the options?

I use the "Custom Wheel" I tried with some random Logitech wheel but didn't feel any difference.

Today I calibrated my wheel in the options and disabled the damage totally (not even visiual damage), and I could finish my 30min race with the R18, and the bug only happend once, but it was just a small bump, not a big crash. After this I completed a practice, qualifying and a 30min race without the bug at Nürburgring, so I jumped to the next event, same practice, qualifying without the bug, the race was 1hour, first after like 20mins I crashed into an invisible wall and my suspension was damaged, I got into the pit, but they didnt repaired it, so I got quite angry and turned off my pc a few hours later I restarted the race and I could finish it, but the bug appeared like 3 times and it was just a small bump (when you drive through a bigger kerb)

but the bug has one advantage: after it happens, my fuel tops up automatically so I dont have to pit in too often :D

mcarver2000
25-05-2015, 21:25
Are we still in need of replays?

DaytonaTurboJ
26-05-2015, 06:38
I'm on the PS4 but I didn't see a thread for this issue in that forum, but I had a similar invisible bump issue driving a Sierra on Willow Springs. It was around lap 15 of a 25 lap race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYy3qdPW97c

I don't know if it means anything, but you can see some shadows appear at the bottom of the rims just before it lifts. It may not have anything to do with it, but I found it odd.

If I need to make a separate thread in the PS4 forum or if there's one that I missed, my apologies. Thanks for your time!

Skipperius
26-05-2015, 07:11
I use the "Custom Wheel" I tried with some random Logitech wheel but didn't feel any difference.

Today I calibrated my wheel in the options and disabled the damage totally (not even visiual damage), and I could finish my 30min race with the R18, and the bug only happend once, but it was just a small bump, not a big crash. After this I completed a practice, qualifying and a 30min race without the bug at Nürburgring, so I jumped to the next event, same practice, qualifying without the bug, the race was 1hour, first after like 20mins I crashed into an invisible wall and my suspension was damaged, I got into the pit, but they didnt repaired it, so I got quite angry and turned off my pc a few hours later I restarted the race and I could finish it, but the bug appeared like 3 times and it was just a small bump (when you drive through a bigger kerb)

but the bug has one advantage: after it happens, my fuel tops up automatically so I dont have to pit in too often :D

so if you have the options für damage on "disabled" you can drive a lot longer than "enabled"? do i unterstand this right?

thx

jpmmuc
26-05-2015, 07:50
I'm on the PS4 but I didn't see a thread for this issue in that forum, but I had a similar invisible bump issue driving a Sierra on Willow Springs. It was around lap 15 of a 25 lap race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYy3qdPW97c

I don't know if it means anything, but you can see some shadows appear at the bottom of the rims just before it lifts. It may not have anything to do with it, but I found it odd.

If I need to make a separate thread in the PS4 forum or if there's one that I missed, my apologies. Thanks for your time!

That looks really annoying. The road grabs your right wheels and take you of...

321Respawn
31-05-2015, 03:55

by the way: you have the same Steering wheel as i. which wheel do you choose in the options? Nope it happens with open cockpit to .86 Lotus came round a corner and wham my car exploded .The replay showed small debris hovering in the air and my car exploded right in front of it .The debris is probably irrelevant as from watching the other videos of this only one of them had debris in front of the car before it crashed . I have about 15hours of play so far and this has only happened to me once .

DusterBuster
01-06-2015, 15:46
Hello,

experienced the bug a few times the last time i played. I put everything toghether in a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpZPTEsfYFQ&feature=youtu.be), maybe that helps. I realised that the bug mostly happens when i lose control over my car, especially when it's drifting.

Skipperius
08-06-2015, 10:14
-.-'

that all i can say. i buyed the game (release) and can still not play. i dont know what to say

pigsy
08-06-2015, 12:49
Don't know if this one has been reported. But it's Oulton Park short circuit.

https://youtu.be/f53buJ4tIq0

Skipperius
08-06-2015, 14:11
Don't know if this one has been reported. But it's Oulton Park short circuit.

https://youtu.be/f53buJ4tIq0

you have the same steerinwheel like i do. i think its a steeringwheel issue. you ever try'd to update the logitech driver?

LCJ
08-06-2015, 15:28
Has anyone thought that maby it could be a network related problem? As far as I know, it always happens online. I'm thinking bad syncing? In other words, what I see on the screen is not were the car is in cyberspace (if that make sense)?

mcarver2000
08-06-2015, 19:42
Mine has happened offline, so it has nothing to do with network issues.

Skipperius
09-06-2015, 08:18
Has anyone thought that maby it could be a network related problem? As far as I know, it always happens online. I'm thinking bad syncing? In other words, what I see on the screen is not were the car is in cyberspace (if that make sense)?

i only play offline. this problem is also there

LCJ
09-06-2015, 15:39
Mine has happened offline, so it has nothing to do with network issues.

i only play offline. this problem is also there

Ok, I admit it was a long shot!

Isse
10-06-2015, 10:49
Hi to all,
I know that this topic is for pc version, so I'm sorry, but i didn't find the same for ps4.

I'd like to know if SMS have an investigation about this problem. It happened to me three times in the last days, playing online with the RUF GT3, in three different points of Monza circuit.
My configuration is this:
PS4 + digital edition + thrustmaster t300rs.

Could I have any help, please?

Thank you!

Skipperius
10-06-2015, 11:53
Hi to all,
I know that this topic is for pc version, so I'm sorry, but i didn't find the same for ps4.

I'd like to know if SMS have an investigation about this problem. It happened to me three times in the last days, playing online with the RUF GT3, in three different points of Monza circuit.
My configuration is this:
PS4 + digital edition + thrustmaster t300rs.

Could I have any help, please?

Thank you!

wow. even on the PS4-Version. but you also use a steeringwheel. so it looks like it is a steeringwheel problem.

so guys. PLEASE LOOK AT THIS! were all waiting a long time. to be honest. we waiting too long 4 a solution -.-

Bruno Alexandre
10-06-2015, 14:03
Thanks for all the feedback guys, keep it coming.

We have some issues already fixed on the upcoming patch and others being analyzed, one of them being the one described above where on some tracks the cars seem to hit what we call a "landmine" and flip without any reason. This is one of those issues that is not common to happen and might be computer related, not that the computer has a problem but the way they do the calcs could be causing it. Once we know more or we've found a fix we will inform you guys.

Isse
10-06-2015, 14:34
Thanks for all the feedback guys, keep it coming.

We have some issues already fixed on the upcoming patch and others being analyzed, one of them being the one described above where on some tracks the cars seem to hit what we call a "landmine" and flip without any reason. This is one of those issues that is not common to happen and might be computer related, not that the computer has a problem but the way they do the calcs could be causing it. Once we know more or we've found a fix we will inform you guys.

Thank you for the reply!
You know, I bought ps4 + t300rs only for playing Pcars...

Only a question, when you write "...might be computer related..." you mean that you are checking only the pc version, or the ps4 too?

Bruno Alexandre
10-06-2015, 14:44
We're checking on the PC only as it's an "easier" platform for us to test this and obtain faster results, a fix for PC will work on PS4 and XB1 as well.

Isse
10-06-2015, 16:14
We're checking on the PC only as it's an "easier" platform for us to test this and obtain faster results, a fix for PC will work on PS4 and XB1 as well.

Ok, thanks! Hope to "see" you soon!

Isse
11-06-2015, 00:49
Hi all,

only to help, here it is what happened to me, tonight in BRNO, with the RUF GT3, online with the PS4.
Look at the minute 1,20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd-i6R2SyzM

Bruno Alexandre
11-06-2015, 09:10
Yeah that's the issue.

Isse
11-06-2015, 13:46
Yeah that's the issue.

Hi,
I don't know if this information could be useful but, in my esperience, the issue happens after some hours playing Project Cars, more than 2 hours. Never happened in the first 2 hours of play.

Skipperius
13-06-2015, 07:07
Hi,
I don't know if this information could be useful but, in my esperience, the issue happens after some hours playing Project Cars, more than 2 hours. Never happened in the first 2 hours of play.

not in my case. i play a few minutes and than it happend.

sometimes just a little jump and sometimes my car get totally wrecked (and fly in the sky).

Jenna Tailya
14-06-2015, 06:35
Hi all, for me it was right after the new 1.4 update Watkins Glen GP fifth corner, all the Ai where confused and just sat there.

tried a few times to reproduce invisible walls but hasn't happened since.

When it happens apart from car comes to a halt, 2/camera view changes, 3/gearbox to neutral.

other times just 2 and 3 happen??

thanks

Schwud
15-06-2015, 12:58
Hi both myself and a work colleague have experienced this i am running on PC and had it on the start finish line on around lap 2 of a 4 lap online race my friend was playing single player endurance event and it happen to him in the pits under AI control so nothing he could do i hope this gets fixed soon i never had this happen before 1.4 patch? did anyone else?

Flins
15-06-2015, 15:27
hi everybody

i had an issue today but this is not the first time !
i ve been stopped by an invisible wall .i checked behind if there were an ia car but i was alone .

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1602976313307758

StevenKing70
15-06-2015, 15:44
Yes, I had this too several times when you pass starting grid after first lap. These are cars from players, which left the game. But collision model stays still there. Frustrating. :p

mcarver2000
15-06-2015, 15:46
see http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22273-Gameplay-Tracks-Car-crashes-with-invisible-walls-or-invisible-bumps

Flins
15-06-2015, 15:51
Many thanks for your prompt answer !
guess SMS already knows this problem and is working on it ;)

mcarver2000
15-06-2015, 16:06
Yes, many folks experienced prior to the 1.4 patch......

mcarver2000
15-06-2015, 16:12
Yep, they thought they had this one squashed a long time before the official release. But with more people playing the hidden land-mines they didn't find are showing up.

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 16:15
merged

Skipperius
17-06-2015, 07:08
hi, one question.

is the Problem fixed with the patch 1.4 ? I can not test this at the moment -.- can anyone tell me this?

thanks

DusterBuster
17-06-2015, 13:27
No it's not fixed

DragonSyr
17-06-2015, 13:51
happened to me in Monza on straight, after the start / finish line in multiplayer session.4 people, I was first on 2nd lap and just crossed the line, boom !! 0 km and the front left wheel gone.
succeeded in reverse slowly to reach the entrance of the pit lane , but it took me about 4 laps to do that.
eventually finished 2nd , (because the 2 of the 4 people quit for some reason that i dont know ) :)

Skipperius
17-06-2015, 15:51
No it's not fixed

-.-

just incredible

Ian Bell
17-06-2015, 16:00
-.-

just incredible

Yup, I can't believe they haven't fixed every single issue anyone has with this patch, despite listing what they'd fixed. It's incredible indeed.

JeyD02
17-06-2015, 16:11
Yup, I can't believe they haven't fixed every single issue anyone has with this patch, despite listing what they'd fixed. It's incredible indeed.

Not sure if this is proper to ask but it's the next patch going to be 1.45 to address ffb and other important issues or is going to be 1.5 altogether.?

And it's okay the point it's for all of us to struggle and go through it. After all we are feeding you back so we get the experience, it's a chain of events.

3800racingfool
17-06-2015, 17:03
I've had this posted elsewhere but I'll put it here to add it to the "me too" list.

24 lap race on Spa, F/B, Tweaked Setup, Final Lap.
No pit stops were made, the race was (from my perspective) clean throughout.

From the FFB it felt like I hit another car or possibly an invisible piece of debris on track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGGwrqE4O1A

Wheel was a G27, patch at the time of recording was 1.3.

I can post system specs if you really need them, otherwise I'll just keep them to myself.

Skipperius
17-06-2015, 17:39

sry, but im not able to play since the release. and we feed them with all informations we can.

its a game breaking glitch and im not able to but my emotions off. sry for that. never thought that would take this long to fix this -.- obviously hard to find the reason for this. i know i have to unterstand this. but is taff^^'

Prej
17-06-2015, 19:40

Fixing major issues like the Project Cars Pen and Paper Edition™ (not saving car setups) or the Invisible On-Track Suprise™ would be peachy, though.

Flins
18-06-2015, 12:35
good afternoon everybody

i had the same issue more than 3 or 4 times with different cars on different tracks .
the car suddenly stopped dead as if there was a wall in the middle of the track .
what is funny ,but not that much is that IA continued quietly the race

LCJ
18-06-2015, 16:55
I've had this posted elsewhere but I'll put it here to add it to the "me too" list.

24 lap race on Spa, F/B, Tweaked Setup, Final Lap.
No pit stops were made, the race was (from my perspective) clean throughout.

From the FFB it felt like I hit another car or possibly an invisible piece of debris on track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGGwrqE4O1A

Wheel was a G27, patch at the time of recording was 1.3.

I can post system specs if you really need them, otherwise I'll just keep them to myself.
Unbelievable! I've hit an invisible object at exact that place about a month ago in a GT3 car. Also on the final lap!

Isse
24-06-2015, 13:34
Hi,
I did not see anything about this issue in the list of 2.0 patch. So the problem is far to be fixed?
Only for help you, I have had other problems like this with my friends playing races online. In particular, we have had many "invisible bumps" in Silverstone GP with the GT3, running 40 laps race. Many of us did not finished the race.

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Skipperius
25-06-2015, 11:30
Hi,
I did not see anything about this issue in the list of 2.0 patch. So the problem is far to be fixed?
Only for help you, I have had other problems like this with my friends playing races online. In particular, we have had many "invisible bumps" in Silverstone GP with the GT3, running 40 laps race. Many of us did not finished the race.

Thanks in advance for the reply!

i think think there is not enough persons with this bug -.- thats why it took so long to fix it

Isse
25-06-2015, 13:49
i think think there is not enough persons with this bug -.- thats why it took so long to fix it
You are wrong, in my comunity everybody have had this issue. Someone many times, others sometimes. And this is not a little issue, is a big problem for a comunity that usually organize competitive long races.

mcarver2000
25-06-2015, 15:26
It's not the number of folks affected, it's that running into the "perfect storm" to reproduce it that makes it so difficult to squash. Just be happy that they squashed the more prevalent ones prior to the release.

Emartins
26-06-2015, 15:36
Had this happen to me last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t15nc7RJEz8

Bruno Alexandre
26-06-2015, 22:20
Thanks for the videos so far, we haven't forgotten about this, it just takes a long time to catch the issue and debug.

greetz
27-06-2015, 12:37
Hi guys, as i mentioned somewhere above I had this problem every race i drove. I was using a Logitech formula force racing wheel (not supported on win8, no force feedback). Finally my Fanatec CSR V2 Base and steering wheel arrived and when using this weel i never encountered the crashing problems. I think I used 25 percent of my time the logitech wheel and had a misterical crash every race. Now using the fanatec I'm getting up to steam with pcars and have no issues.

3800racingfool
27-06-2015, 14:02
Here's another one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TTMTwruhNM

This one isn't as easily seen from the video (looks just like bad driving on my part) but I'll explain what happened.

Going through the esses, I hit the apex on the first three. However, on the fourth and final one I felt the car push a bit wide. I just figured that I went in a little too fast and had some understeer so I ignored it, however after exiting the corner I felt a very distinct force on the wheel. As if there was a car next to me pushing me to the left. This force continually got stronger until I wound up off track. By the time it cleared up I was fully off track and countersteering to the right at which point the car spun and I was helpless.

(Miraculously, I was able to limp that thing home through 1.25 laps only losing 1 place in the race.)

Isse
30-06-2015, 17:57
Here's another one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TTMTwruhNM

This one isn't as easily seen from the video (looks just like bad driving on my part) but I'll explain what happened.

Going through the esses, I hit the apex on the first three. However, on the fourth and final one I felt the car push a bit wide. I just figured that I went in a little too fast and had some understeer so I ignored it, however after exiting the corner I felt a very distinct force on the wheel. As if there was a car next to me pushing me to the left. This force continually got stronger until I wound up off track. By the time it cleared up I was fully off track and countersteering to the right at which point the car spun and I was helpless.

(Miraculously, I was able to limp that thing home through 1.25 laps only losing 1 place in the race.)

This one happened many times in Silverstone GP circuit. We have had to change circuit because all the cars (GT3) between the 15th and 20th round of the race (one) had the same problem.

Mattyd
01-07-2015, 13:49
had invisible cars left on the grid on the Nordshliefe this afternoon, I didn't hit it but the car in front of me did and then I hit him.

Skipperius
01-07-2015, 16:56
is this issue fixed with the patch 2.0 ?

Isse
02-07-2015, 08:28
Hi,
here it is another video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6DoChy0YE

Go to the minute 13.30 and play until the end. It happened online after 13 round of the race with the Ford Sierra Cosworth (I was alone, testing the race).
After that I tryed again, and happened the same thing (in another point of circuit) at the 11 round of the race.

I have ps4, digital edition game, thrustmaster t300RS and I did many changes to the setup of the car (if this informations could help you).

SquirrelTV
02-07-2015, 12:02
Hi all

I've put together a short video showing a number of examples of the invisible wall bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9v-iIexm7w

It's very frustrating - because it's so unpredictable it basically means I cannot race, record or stream.

Is there going to be a fix for this or do the developers simply not know what the problem is?

jasjeet
02-07-2015, 12:50
Hi all

I've put together a short video showing a number of examples of the invisible wall bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9v-iIexm7w

It's very frustrating - because it's so unpredictable it basically means I cannot race, record or stream.

Is there going to be a fix for this or do the developers simply not know what the problem is?

I bet its the same bug as Shift 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eORzcKENVuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33lPwMfqe_4

KevOne217
03-07-2015, 18:42
Hey,
I'm having this issue as well. But it keeps occuring mainly within the career section. I had it there in the Clio Cup, the Huyara Invitational, the Caterham Invitational, GR.5 BMW, Superkarts. It happened about 15-20 Times in 8 Hours of career playing. I had it only once in the "Exhibition / Fast weekend" Mode so far. I drove 3 hrs Le Mans there with no problems.
When it happened, the tires got stone cold and didn't heat up in about 50-60% of the invisible wall incidents.

Edit: Also the RUF RGT8 GT3 at the Nurburgring GP Track in the quick weekend in Qualifying now...
Edit2 (7.7.15) As well as the BMW M3 GT2 at the Nordschleife in a Quick Race. Happened at Fuchsröhre once and at Adenauer Forst. One in Qualy, one in Race...
Edit3: (10.7.15) It also happened now at the 24h LeMans Circuit in the Porsche Curves. Did 10 Laps of 50 and in the Porsche Curves i got resettet with Full Tank fof Fuel and the Cold tires again. Car: Marek LMP1

DusterBuster
03-07-2015, 20:04
I think this issue must also be car specific, with some cars I never get this bug, but with some I can make 5-6 crashes no matter what track. The reproducable ones are when I'm moving the stick of my controller just from left to right and vice versa as fast as i can which is in my case while countersteering.

Marrrfooo
07-07-2015, 07:51
I've had maybe half a dozen of these incidents since launch. The nearest I ever got to recreating one was using Clio Cups at Oulton Park - the last 30m or so of the straight leading into towards the final right hander (Lodge) before the start finish - on two consecutive online play sessions I hit an invisible wall at almost the exact (if not the exact) same spot. First time was around 10 or so laps into a practice with a friend as after I hit the invisi-wall the FFB just went completely dead (the wheel went loose). I returned to garage and went out again and the FFB was still completely gone. Left the session and restarted PCARS, went to an offline practice - the FFB was still gone. So I closed it all down, unplugged it, restarted PS4 and re-tested and the FFB was fine again. Re-hosted the race, finished practice and went to the race and it happened again on around 7 out of 8 laps. I've had it offline and online though at other circuits. Cars on default settings though.

The thing that I haven't seen mentioned (or I missed it in this thread) is that when it happens it seems to very often wipe the force feedback out on my wheel. But it doesn't always do that - I've had it happen and I've returned to garage, gone to Drive and come out again and it's been fine and returned to normal.

I'm not sure whether the physics calcs send such a high FFB value back to the wheel when the wall is hit that it knocks the wheel out or whether it's a safe-setting the wheel has that deactivates itself to prevent damage when excessive values are sent to it (the light was still on but no FFB - the buttons were still working and input still worked of course). I run my wheel at 75/100 FFB in PCARS in order to minimise the risk of overheating from general use and to (hopefully) avoid the game over-powering my wheel in one of these invisi-wall crashes and doing it harm.

It definitely has some connection to the physics as when they happen the wheel does at least for a split second react as though you've hit something. It doesn't force the wheel to a full lock, but it does shake it hard in your hand and usually immediately loses FFB afterwards (like a spasm before death - lol).

Funnily enough a friend of mine had one last night in the Longtail McLaren GTR at Silverstone. He lost FFB on his wheel too from an invis-wall crash (he has the T300RS same as I do). Oddly however he was running into the last of a tank of fuel on free practice and was getting low fuel warnings for a few corners and had lit his tyres up once in a previous corner - and when he hit the wall his fuel had been insta-refilled and his tyres were all green (where at least one had been red). When he went to the garage and went to Drive out he said that he could feel some FFB/resistance when the car wasn't in his control (coming down the pits with the AI controlling the car) but when he left the pits and was given control - no FFB. He gave up at that point and called it a night but I expect if he restarted his PS4 and re-connected the wheel it would have been fine again.

Has there been any progress made in fixing it?

I'm sorry I don't have any videos to post with telemetry although I do have one or two I could dig out that show it in-car without telemetry if they're useful...

PeteUplink
07-07-2015, 20:51
Hi. It's been suggested that I post this video in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG6djVmH3iU

It's from a race I did this afternoon at Silverstone in Formula A. The race was full Grand Prix distance, 52 laps, 80% AI, damage off, but fuel and tyres set to real. At 18 laps into the race, going through the Maggotts/Becketts complex, my car suddenly flipped over for no apparent reason. This is not a one off, as it happens at this circuit every time I race in Formula A, usually between laps 18 and 25.

I was driving with an Xbox 360 controller. I was having quite a good race until the car suddenly decided it couldn't cope any more...

KevOne217
10-07-2015, 18:13
I don't know why, but these problems are increasing for me. I don't know why. It has become unplayable so far.

Are there any News regarding is Problem?

Skipperius
14-07-2015, 06:24
I don't know why, but these problems are increasing for me. I don't know why. It has become unplayable so far.

Are there any News regarding is Problem?

the problem is they not finding the error. since the release they not able to find it -.-

i dont think they will find them

Spitfire77
14-07-2015, 17:14
New one for me this morning - never hit this invisible bump before. - Oulton Park - Free Practice - BMW Z4 GT3

https://youtu.be/FAwU5Nd-Bkg

Ramiboo
15-07-2015, 12:32
I've had physics issues to this week, on the PS4 with Patch 2 installed. BMW E30 M3 at Silverstone GP and Brands Hatch GP. It was wet when it happened. Was like a tyre blew at Brands, but got no warning and as it sent me into the barriers the car was then damaged, but drivable. At silverstone it was like both rear tyres fell off the car. It felt like a boat, rocking side to side, then just sorted itself out again, tyres went blue like they were cold/new and I carried on. Both times I was a long way into the race. Lap 17 at Brands and Lap 13 at Silverstone. Must be down to the tyre wear physics I think.

Brands Hatch Video (end of lap 16 just coming out of Clearways) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXfFgIPJTFM

Isse
17-07-2015, 18:00
Hi!
In the changelog of the 2.5 patch I read:

"Game Crashes
We spent a lot of time working directly with a number of users who were struggling with game crashes, and resolved as many of these as we could. The various fixes in this patch should help a great deal in making the game more stable for those of you who were experiencing these instabilities."

Is there in theese fixes something about the problem described in this topic?

Skipperius
17-07-2015, 18:13
Hi!
In the changelog of the 2.5 patch I read:

"Game Crashes
We spent a lot of time working directly with a number of users who were struggling with game crashes, and resolved as many of these as we could. The various fixes in this patch should help a great deal in making the game more stable for those of you who were experiencing these instabilities."

Is there in theese fixes something about the problem described in this topic?

i dont think so!

because the game is not crashing. its "just" a pysik bug

Ramiboo
21-07-2015, 12:32
I'm naming this the Harry Potter Bug as the car is trying to lift up and take me to Hogwarts!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg-AAayoLRc

donpost
21-07-2015, 14:01
This happened in my league's race this weekend. Happened to a couple of other people at random times in the race too - the previous 24 laps were fine :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcF5xuhe-Q&feature=youtu.be

This is on the Xbox One using the Thrustmaster TX.

OnyxD
23-07-2015, 10:10
Example of this happening in a 20 player official league race last night. I was in p2 and it ruined the race for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CDWmS6jOQI

chig88
23-07-2015, 10:52
On PS4 with Thrustmaster T300. As with OnyxD above, ruined a multiplayer league race for me while in P2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgNAsnCR3cc

syrious3000
26-07-2015, 07:52
A thread that relates to / duplicates this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26177-quot-Crash-into-nothing-quot-bug
with some similar reports.

Danster1892
08-08-2015, 19:41
This happenned to me a couple of weeks since.
Ps4 online race t300 think there was 13 of us, second to last lap

http://youtu.be/LvDk661akd4

Danster1892
08-08-2015, 19:50
And this one, just practicing silverstone

http://youtu.be/ZTBTCC5u-OY

donpost
09-08-2015, 12:04
This happenned to me a couple of weeks since.
Ps4 online race t300 think there was 13 of us, second to last lap

http://youtu.be/LvDk661akd4

Holy s*** I wasn't expecting that!

Danster1892
09-08-2015, 16:54
Neither was I! Think I win the prize for most dramatic crash...

donpost
14-08-2015, 22:46
Anyone had a chance to test if this is still and issue post 3.0? I'm on the Xbone so I'm going to have to wait.

Schnizz58
14-08-2015, 22:56
Neither was I! Think I win the prize for most dramatic crash...

It's the best one I've seen. What did that look like from inside the car?

Jenna Tailya
18-08-2015, 22:55
here is some feedback! :(

After Patch 3.
1/ Still running into invisible objects,
2/ Still jumping to out of gear,(neutral) 2 different tracks California Hwy and Sakitto GP, 2 different cars! Clio and Ruf
3/ Still jumping camera views
4/ Still ruining the experience

PC WIN 10
CSR wheel and Peddles

I can't be robinson crusoe here; there must be others with a similar problems.

Skipperius
18-08-2015, 23:16
here is some feedback! :(

After Patch 3.
1/ Still running into invisible objects,
2/ Still jumping to out of gear,(neutral) 2 different tracks California Hwy and Sakitto GP, 2 different cars! Clio and Ruf
3/ Still jumping camera views
4/ Still ruining the experience

PC WIN 10
CSR wheel and Peddles

I can't be robinson crusoe here; there must be others with a similar problems.

i have the same issue since beginning. but im just tired to give feedback -.- i already say everything i know/think about this problem.
its a steeringwheel problem (it looks like pyhsic overreacting).

i dont know why a gamebreaking bug like this can not be solved after months. i think they are not enough people with this problem. im just
dissapointed. i already give up the hope :neglected:

i love the game when i drive. but than always this happend again. so im not playing since months and waiting...and waiting...and waiting

Jenna Tailya
19-08-2015, 07:54
Thanks Skipp
I'm both glad and sad:
glad its not me, but sad its ruining others experience. I hope it can be fixed, as it will make this application fantastic!

Jenna

Lowrida
19-08-2015, 22:05
After about 2 hours playing on Brands hatch GP with a BMW M3 GT it drives into an invisible wall, car falls into pieces and get launched into the guardrails...

https://youtu.be/qsj9w47RqPA

Specs:
Asus Z87 Pro - i5 4670K - 8GB DDR3
MSI R5770 Hawk
Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP (oldscool :p)

donpost
20-08-2015, 09:46
Well that's annoying. I guess we'll have to stay away from longer races still.

No idea if the dev's are reading this or not, but if you are: Is there anything we can be doing to help you track down and eliminate this bug?

Lowrida
20-08-2015, 19:22
And again 2 bumps and 1 crash in one race! After the first bump my tires had almost no grip and gears went into neutral..
Second one was a small bump and the thirth one was a big crash! :(

https://youtu.be/FbDWX1DSSzc

I see this topic is from may! Is there still no update to fix this?? I like this game very much, but this is a game killer for me..

Skipperius
21-08-2015, 15:15
And again 2 bumps and 1 crash in one race! After the first bump my tires had almost no grip and gears went into neutral..
Second one was a small bump and the thirth one was a big crash! :(

https://youtu.be/FbDWX1DSSzc

I see this topic is from may! Is there still no update to fix this?? I like this game very much, but this is a game killer for me..

like i said...we are not much enough. they dont give a **** about a few guys like us. even if this few guys are not able to play their game.

if they would care, the problem would be fixed. im pretty sure. if this issue have thousound of other people it would be fixed already. :chargrined:

were just unlucky to have this issue :crushed:

donpost
21-08-2015, 17:17
I hope you are wrong. There are LOADS of people with this issue. I searched for 5 mins and found all these:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36489-Landmine-Issue
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35733-Landmine-on-Ruapuna-GP-Track
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32059-Landmine-Laguna-Seca
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35716-Severe-Handling-Glitch-On-Long-Runs
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26177-quot-Crash-into-nothing-quot-bug

Lowrida
21-08-2015, 22:24
If you search on "Project Cars Invisible Wall" you get indeed tons of movies about this!!

KevOne217
26-08-2015, 13:46
Any news from the developer so far about this?

Skipperius
28-08-2015, 16:25
Any news from the developer so far about this?

guys???

DragonSyr
28-08-2015, 16:26
they know allready

Danster1892
02-09-2015, 17:53
It's the best one I've seen. What did that look like from inside the car?

sorry missed your post here it is incar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqDZYYC6iaU

mcarver2000
03-09-2015, 17:22
Just curious.... Has anyone experienced this with tire wear turned off? In most cases, it appears to happen when pushing hard and tire wear around 25%+ (based on API -- 50%+ via HUD telemetry).

porks-psr
05-09-2015, 21:23
We over at Project Sim Racer (F1SR) have the same issue as well. 2 weekends in a row we have had multiplayer races. One with Caterhams at Oulton and tonights at Brands with Formula C's. Both races have ended with the leaders hitting invisible objects or cars that are on the grid and should not be. You cant see them in game but can see them in the replays. It is as though the objects from previous crashed cars are not cleaning up properly, the meshes go but something else stays. Its as though the game engine is not clearing the garbage properly.

Here is the beginning of the first lap, all cars had left the grid and the grid appeared empty to the leaders coming round to start the second lap and they hit invisible cars. You can see what happened in the replay but these cars did not show for the drivers on the track: http://projectsimracer.co.uk/index.php/forum/32-pit-stop-events/23728-psr-pcars-caterhams-oulton-park-29th-august?start=10#37490

If you look at this video around the 4 minute mark, this is what is happening to us, except we dont pass through the cars, we hit them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlDr-iFDSNc

We desperately would like to run a league with PCars but there is no point if things like this keep happening which is sad and frustrating.

Sessionerror
12-09-2015, 18:54
I've been posting this in another thread already but I guess it better fits in here. There is a combination where the invisible obstacle bug is very easy to replicate:

I started a TT Session with the Audi R8 V10 Plus at Brands Hatch with the default setup. I only use Jack Spades FFB Tweaker setting (Fy+SopLateral Mix)

Going wide in the first corner feels like you hit an invisible obstacle. Also, the fuel tank got filled up from 5 litres to 55 litres and for a short moment, the gear went back from third to first. In another lap this even occured when I stayed on track in the first corner as I heard the car hitting the ground.

Here two videos:

https://youtu.be/n3XZSgD3QuM

https://youtu.be/7HCVySapJGo

Edit: Okay, probably and hopefully this bug will be fixed in the next patch :)

Thanks for the detailed report - very helpful.

Indeed that isn't the D&F bug, but a different issue. One we potentially already have solved for the next patch. I'm going to pass it onto our physics staff to check it out.

Sessionerror
18-09-2015, 08:59
@Elmo, unfortunately the issue above is still reproducible with Patch 4.0. So just to be sure, with "next Patch", did you mean this one (4.0) or the next one from now on? ;)

Elmo
18-09-2015, 09:02
In this case it missed the boat for patch 4.0 by a few days.

marklar
19-09-2015, 13:40
I've just checked 4.0 version and there is still an invincible wall on Nordschleife, just before Fuchsrohre bend.

KevOne217
23-09-2015, 13:38
Is there any news, that a) the problem has been located and b) it can be fixed in a sooner time?

It's known from almost the release date till now. The HAS to be some proceedings in this really annoying problem.....
The Game is still unplayable, because it happens in almost every race of the career mode. Why should you start an endurance race or even a 5 lap-race, when it`s not even sure you can finish because of this?

Schnizz58
23-09-2015, 15:29
Is there any news, that a) the problem has been located and b) it can be fixed in a sooner time?

It's known from almost the release date till now. The HAS to be some proceedings in this really annoying problem.....
The Game is still unplayable because, it happens in almost every race of the career mode. Why should you start an endurance race or even a 5 lap-race, when it`s not even sure you can't finished because of this?
In another thread one of the developers stepped in and said that they think it has been fixed. They fixed a bug that would explain this problem. Should be in the next release.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39365-bmw-320-gr-5

rocafella1978
23-09-2015, 16:48
Could it be a flat tire?
yeah for sure flat tire...yes surely! thats why so many have the same issue and are reporting it with videos! for sure flat tire.

KevOne217
28-09-2015, 13:46
In another thread one of the developers stepped in and said that they think it has been fixed. They fixed a bug that would explain this problem. Should be in the next release.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39365-bmw-320-gr-5

If that's the case, it would be great :)

Is there any date known so far? ^^

Laamapalmu
28-09-2015, 14:44
Yes I have experienced these but only with Audi R8 V10 so far. I haven't experienced this with Mercedes E190, driving on Nordschleife. Here's a video what happened to me. It also resets all tire/break/suspension statics like temp/bar.
https://youtu.be/9pXE3ZoCKMg

DusterBuster
29-09-2015, 09:49
Hi,

the Mustang Cobra Trans-Am is almost impossible to drive atm in my case. When i am steering to fast the car jumps around the air. With the RUF GT3 it's similar but not so extreme. With the RUF i just get the normal thing with refueling and neutral gear. I also noticed when the bug happens, the wheels i have "lost" during the crash are there again, just invisible.

https://youtu.be/SKtI8b5TX6k

Jenna Tailya
04-10-2015, 09:00
HI all, "first night" updated to Patch 4, 2 minutes in invisible wall smashed on Bathurst, 5 min on nord (smash) 3 min Silverstone (smash) annoyed!!!!

"Night 2" proceeded to go to basic/default setup for all vehicles, then switched everything off; tire wear, fuel and so on, expected nothing to change.

bathurst= 20 laps + 15 laps + 15 laps in 3 problem cars Nord = 15 laps + 10 laps in 2 problem cars with NO crashes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pcars is just amazing when you can drive without the problem that ruins the experience.

Silverstone tonight; let you know how it goes.

Sessionerror
09-10-2015, 08:46
Nothing about invisible obstacles mentioned in the Patch 5.0 Release Notes. But as the fix just missed the deadline for Patch 4.0, I assume it's in this time, Elmo? ;)

Mattias
09-10-2015, 12:39
Nothing about invisible obstacles mentioned in the Patch 5.0 Release Notes. But as the fix just missed the deadline for Patch 4.0, I assume it's in this time, Elmo? ;)

It was, well, not directly:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40580-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes&p=1142921&viewfull=1#post1142921

Should have been fixed now.

Sessionerror
09-10-2015, 12:48
It was, well, not directly:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40580-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes&p=1142921&viewfull=1#post1142921

Should have been fixed now.

The quote is about the Dip & Flip bug, the invisible obstacle bug is something different, I guess :confused:

Bealdor
09-10-2015, 12:50
The quote is about the Dip & Flip bug, the invisible obstacle bug is something different, I guess :confused:

That fix could be the root for multiple physics "explosion" issues. IMO it's worth it to test if the invisible obstacles will disappear now too. Fingers crossed!

Sessionerror
09-10-2015, 13:13
That fix could be the root for multiple physics "explosion" issues. IMO it's worth it to test if the invisible obstacles will disappear now too. Fingers crossed!

Oh okay, I thought it's something different as those invisible obstacle bugs could already appear in the first corner, whereas the other physics explosion bugs like the D&F bug needed time because the suspension geometry changed slowly.

Could someone with a PC maybe test the easy to replicate invisible obstacle bug with the Audi R8 V10 Plus at the first corner at Brands Hatch? See here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22273-Gameplay-Tracks-Car-crashes-with-invisible-walls-or-invisible-bumps&p=1116818&viewfull=1#post1116818)

Skipperius
11-10-2015, 16:24
Oh okay, I thought it's something different as those invisible obstacle bugs could already appear in the first corner, whereas the other physics explosion bugs like the D&F bug needed time because the suspension geometry changed slowly.

Could someone with a PC maybe test the easy to replicate invisible obstacle bug with the Audi R8 V10 Plus at the first corner at Brands Hatch? See here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22273-Gameplay-Tracks-Car-crashes-with-invisible-walls-or-invisible-bumps&p=1116818&viewfull=1#post1116818)

anybody can test it? is patch 5.0 helping now? atm im not able to test it -.- please

Sessionerror
14-10-2015, 21:43
Okay, I was able to test it now by myself. Bad news...the bug is still there and easy to replicate (see video with the Audi R8 at Brands Hatchs) :(

Also, we had two incidents of invisible obstacles in our league race today with Patch 5.0.

Jenna Tailya
15-10-2015, 06:10
Okay, I was able to test it now by myself. Bad news...the bug is still there and easy to replicate (see video with the Audi R8 at Brands Hatchs) :(

Also, we had two incidents of invisible obstacles in our league race today with Patch 5.0.

Hi all, yeah it not as prevalent, but the bug is still there. :(

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 06:37

Hi all, yeah it not as prevalent, but the bug is still there. :(

Only in the Audi R8 or in other cars too?

Sessionerror
15-10-2015, 07:18
Only in the Audi R8 or in other cars too?

The one at Brands Hatch I only tested with the R8. However, in our league race at Bathurst we had those typical invisible obstacles crashes with the BMW 320 Turbo Group 5 and the Ford Zakspeed Capri Group 5.

Sessionerror
15-10-2015, 08:09
I just checked my recorded live stream, as one of the instances happened during qualifying and I couln't save the replay. You can see it at 29:38 min here: http://www.twitch.tv/sessionerror/v/20672525

PS: Sorry for the quality ;)

Bruno Alexandre
15-10-2015, 08:22
Yes I have experienced these but only with Audi R8 V10 so far. I haven't experienced this with Mercedes E190, driving on Nordschleife. Here's a video what happened to me. It also resets all tire/break/suspension statics like temp/bar.
https://youtu.be/9pXE3ZoCKMg

This is actually an issue with the Audi R8 V10+, we've already identified it and it's going to be solved :)

Jenna Tailya
16-10-2015, 04:15
This is actually an issue with the Audi R8 V10+, we've already identified it and it's going to be solved :)

Sorry; add these cars too: Renault Clio Cup, McLaren 12C GT3, BMW 320 Turbo Gr.5 (E21) and these tracks; Azure Coast. Mount Panorama, Sakitto.

Thanks.

KevOne217
17-10-2015, 10:59
Add the Renault Clio Cup at Silverstone Short in the Career

medse87
18-10-2015, 12:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmU-cA2rdiA

donpost
19-10-2015, 08:13
Damn, I was really optimistic that they'd got to the bottom of this :(

KevOne217
23-10-2015, 11:10
Damn, I was really optimistic that they'd got to the bottom of this :(

Same here....I start to give up hope quite frankly.

Skipperius
23-10-2015, 20:51
Same here....I start to give up hope quite frankly.

same here...i dont think they will ever fix this problem. and when project cars 2 is released i will not buy it because im afraid of this bug.

its taff because project cars is such a great game -.-

Sessionerror
26-10-2015, 15:00
Another one with the BMW 320 Turbo Group 5 at Brno. Additionally, a driver in our league had something similar with a Bentley Continental GT3 in the first corner at Oulton Park.

Here's the unlisted video of the incident at Brno:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU4qpZB8qAY

webuserjonny
08-11-2015, 11:53
My bug report : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41805-Invisible-Car-Bug

Copied from linked thread:

Private lobby multi player 26 lap Clio Cup race at Snetterton 200.
Weather was rain.
Start of the 2nd lap my car hits something invisible and instantly goes from 159kph to 120kph.
Only when I watched the replay did I see that what I hit was a car just sitting on the grid. There weren't any cars sitting during the actual race, everyone was moving and I was leading the race at that point. Nobody had left the race or got disconnected until over half way through the 26 lap race.

In Car Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbHh3rpy7Sg

Replay Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpwQ3FcxaVc

Sessionerror
18-11-2015, 06:34
A member of our community had two more crashes with invisible obstacles. This time it's the BMW Z4 GT3 at Laguna Seca:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyxxwPJG8LU

tomtparis
18-11-2015, 07:11
omg,those Videos are a serious Bummer.
After all those patches (or should i say attempts to patch something) they not able to sort this absolutely NOGO out?

something should be done here immediately,no more excuses please - because there are no excuses anymore.

mermoid
18-11-2015, 21:31
I haven't played multiplayer since late July/early August because of repeatedly encountering these invisible walls, is there no kind of fix on the horizon at all?

tfadam
23-11-2015, 09:05
I am using a Logitech Formula Force EX Wheel and I was experiencing the same invisible bump problems as described in this thread (such as post #194). I have been using my steering wheel with the standard controller drivers that come with Windows 10 Update. Two weeks ago, I installed the software and driver package from the Logitech website (Logitech Profiler). I have played for more than 30 hours now and the problem has not occurred ever since.

Sessionerror
28-11-2015, 17:42
Another one yesterday: This time it's been with the Mercedes 300 SEL at Rouen-les-Essarts short. Looking at all those different cars and tracks that got reported, I somehow doubt its a car or track specific issue.

cpl
28-11-2015, 19:17
I haven't played multiplayer since late July/early August because of repeatedly encountering these invisible walls, is there no kind of fix on the horizon at all?

after every patch i look into the forums if all these bugs are being patched, but this game seems to be like a can of worms. you fix a few bugs , you introduce a few bugs with no end in sight.

Rygel
30-11-2015, 15:03
Came across an invisible wall in a multiplayer race at classic Hockenheim.. I suspect the slight contact before it might have altered the ride height/geometry of the cars suspension and caused it to collide with some part of the kerb.. But it was certainly a surprise for the player involved and those behind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McZtya8w2F8

Pfalzdriver
07-12-2015, 05:42
In October Bruno Alexandre wrote, the problem with the Audi R8 V10+ and the Nords is known and will be solved. Six weeks later and some patches it still isnt solved.

I've tried the car-/track-combination three times this morning, and every time I hit this wall!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6ENLQz3UB8

So will this ever be solved? Or do we have the same solution as for the promised spotter six months ago, which still isnt there?

09-12-2015, 16:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbCRoxDsnK4

Leading going into 2nd lap, hit something invisible on the starting grid, reseted then hit something again.

2nd time this happen to me, 1st time was at Hockenheim Classic in the SLS GT3. Similar situation leading going into 2nd lap. Game breaking bug!

Mahjik
09-12-2015, 16:47
Leading going into 2nd lap, hit something invisible on the starting grid, reseted then hit something again.

2nd time this happen to me, 1st time was at Hockenheim Classic in the SLS GT3. Similar situation leading going into 2nd lap. Game breaking bug!

The devs are aware and they believe they know how it happens. There was a comment from one of the devs in one of the other reported threads of the issue. It's a ghosted car on the grid which is not visible.

Sessionerror
09-12-2015, 22:02
However, it must be said that not all of these invisible obstacles occure on the grid. One of my videos (post #198) was even taken during practice and on a straight as well, where the car shouldn't hit the ground. I really love this game, but as we're driving league races we kind of still have to pray that this bug won't destroy our races :(

Mahjik
10-12-2015, 00:40
However, it must be said that not all of these invisible obstacles occure on the grid.

No one is saying that.. My response is directed to the post above it.

Baj
02-05-2016, 16:48
I'm surprised this still hasn't been sorted :(

Wings11
11-08-2016, 18:50
I still have this problem and more so when I am online in Multiplayer.

Will this ever be fixed?.

Sessionerror
06-04-2017, 06:09
I know it's not the "invisible obstacle" but, but the "physics reset" bug (I don't think there is a own thread about it, is it?). However, we had another occurance of the bug in one of our community events yesterday. It happened at Zolder, 1st chicane. In case it's of any help for the development of pCARS 2, I want to post the video here ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq97hfdBG4A

hkraft300
07-04-2017, 08:12
That looks like the "collision mesh" reset thing the Audi R8 road car has when it bottoms out. Maybe you took too much of the left kerb and it hit the underside of the car?

Sessionerror
10-04-2017, 07:03
And another video from our community, which seems more like an invisible obstacle. Though, the behaviour afterwards is very strange and tbh, I've never seen something like this so far!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=67&v=6xeFLu9TaH8