PDA

View Full Version : Box around brake lights. Bug?

MaXKiLLz
08-05-2015, 14:18
Running on nVidia 350.12. I'm getting a box around brake lights in the distance. Anyone else with this issue? :confused:

Siberian Tiger
08-05-2015, 14:25
Thats sadly an Problem with the MSAA Mode + DS2M... Try another AA Mode and it will be fine... ;)

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 14:27
As Siberian has indicated its a known bug.

Pete

MaXKiLLz
08-05-2015, 16:07
I just ran a race with all anti-aliasing modes disabled and still got the boxes around the lights. It's just mind blowing that things like this were not fixed during all the time this was in development. Quite shocking really.

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 16:09
I just ran a race with all anti-aliasing modes disabled and still got the boxes around the lights. It's just mind blowing that things like this were not fixed during all the time this was in development. Quite shocking really.

Not really, as you can see this is a tiny, non game breaking bug. Obviously everyone would like the game to be bug free on release but that simply doesn't happen.

Pete

MaXKiLLz
08-05-2015, 16:26
Not really, as you can see this is a tiny, non game breaking bug. Obviously everyone would like the game to be bug free on release but that simply doesn't happen.

Pete

They had plenty of time to fix game breaking bugs, which still exist, and visual bugs like this. It's inexcusable after all the development time and all the delays we were subjected to.

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 16:28
They had plenty of time to fix game breaking bugs, which still exist, and visual bugs like this. It's inexcusable after all the development time and all the delays we were subjected to.

You obviously don't appreciate how small the development team is and when compared to big giants in the genre.

MaXKiLLz
08-05-2015, 16:46
Do you understand this game has been in development since late 2011?? We're talking about a very obvious and simple bug that should have been caught early on. I see you've been playing PCars for quite a while now. You're as much to blame for not seeing this and reporting it to the team. I'm sorry, but I don't defend or make excuses for mediocrity. They delayed the game to give us a finished product. It's plain to see the delays should have lasted much longer. I'll be very surprised if this issue is ever fixed.

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 16:51
Do you understand this game has been in development since late 2011?? We're talking about a very obvious and simple bug that should have been caught early on. I see you've been playing PCars for quite a while now. You're as much to blame for not seeing this and reporting it to the team. I'm sorry, but I don't defend or make excuses for mediocrity. They delayed the game to give us a finished product. It's plain to see the delays should have lasted much longer. I'll be very surprised if this issue is ever fixed.

Yes I am well aware that the game has been in development since 2011. This issue I believe was already flagged prior to release but most likely put lower down the list for preference over more serious issues.

Yes you have an evolving product. No application is ever finished. If it was we'd all be back on Microsoft 3.1 as there would be no need to improve software and fix issues.

Have faith in the developers to fix the issues. This attitude of the end of the world, doom and gloom, nothing is going to get fixed isn't helpful.

MOD - can you close this thread please, we are going around in circles.

Pete

MaXKiLLz
08-05-2015, 16:56
Yes, please close the thread. We're definitely going around in circles. Promise-Delay-Deliver-Disappoint->Promise-Delay-Deliver-Disappoint. PC gamers are so used to this "circle", it's become the norm for us.

GT500
08-05-2015, 17:06
He understands very well its been a long development hes been here helping all that time.
hes informed you its being delt with not alot more to say really.

Roguebantha
08-05-2015, 17:17
MaXKiLLz I'm not a moderator, but please cool down a little :( I understand your frustration because I'm in your position too, I've waited a long time as well, but leveling accusations at other people who are just trying to help you is unnecessary. No the game isn't perfect. Yes there are still bugs. But I'd encourage you to be kind.