PDA

View Full Version : T500 FFB HELP!!!

igor_mk
08-05-2015, 14:30
Hello guys,

Just got the game and to be honest feeling bit disappointed. Main issue is the force feedback and the feeling of the car.. It feels like there are no road bumps (but the car is bouncing all over the place) and the kerbs are a joke, losing grip feels no different then full grip. Also, every car seems to have a completely different force feedback with the same settings.

Has anyone figured out how to set up the wheel?

I was thinking that it might be a calibration issue because it certainly feels not connected to the road.

Please help guys, this is unbearable.

Elmo
08-05-2015, 15:00
Moved to Technical Help & Support

hawkenfox
16-05-2015, 08:11
Yeah am looking high and low for this fix ... still hunting. I am really pissed because I feel cheated. You see the car humping
the road but the FFB give you nothing ... the graph shows a gentle curve ... WTH!

Hobbsy
16-05-2015, 12:52
My biggest issue is the lack of "feel" through the wheel when braking hard, or generally pushing the limit of grip on the front tyres, as mentioned above, there does not appear to be any apparent loss of traction through the wheel.

I can see the car pushing straight on when turning, but the weight of the wheel feels the same! I have made some progress with bumps etc in the road that cause pull side to side, but the solution to issues above still eludes me!

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Keep your chin up guys, I'm sure we will get bottom out these bugs and problems, and hopefully the pain will be worth enduring to give us a very solid racing game.

antonpaco
16-05-2015, 13:30
What a disappointment my friends. I was the happiest man in the world when get Project Cars for PS4, no way to play with T300RS and other wheels. Too many settings, big confusion, no FBB, after 2 years of work this game is terrible, I do not want to play with pad, no way.
I would like to know how Slightly Mad tested the game.

tmitch45
16-05-2015, 14:42
I think they are well aware of the numerous issues with the T500 wheel in particular. I think the problem with the ffb is there are just too many options (which the community asked for in wanting sim) which is fine but I would have thought the standard plug and play setting would have been thoroughly tested and been a great starting point for most people. I was having such issues the other night I actually though it was me until I fired up GT6 and straight out the box the FFb was great with a great sense of oversteer, Locking the brakes and bumps over the kerbs. I know its within the game to have this on PCARs if not better I guess we just have to wait for an update.

seamastergmt
16-05-2015, 22:02
I agree. I think there are too many options with almost no explanation as to how they effect the wheel. This can be a great game, it is a great game, but too many options on the FFB side. Inside sim racing has a video that talks about some of the settings, I found it to be somewhat helpful. At this point I would not like to blame the studio as they have presented a game that is as close to real life racing as I think you can get but it would be nice to also include an option that suits those individuals who do not want to fiddle with 35+ FFB options. I am enjoying the game and am glad I bought it and my wheel. However, I have spent a majority of my time with the game just trying to figure out how to make adjustments to make cars driveable. Between combing the forums, doing internet research and testing I have hardly done any racing.

Cudos to the studio for presenting a stunning game. How about an assist on figuring out what all the FFB options do?

Pamellaaa
16-05-2015, 22:21
Try these (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files) settings. They are widely praised as an improvement and I am using them myself on a T500RS (albeit on PC) and they have made a noticeable difference to centre of wheel feel as well as feel for under/oversteer developing.

It is a bit of a pain to input the settings manually but if it works it works, try it with one car and see if its worth doing on the rest!

clean as i cwn
17-05-2015, 06:42
Go to the inside sim racing website click on project car's ffb I used these settings as a Base to work from and now tinker it to suit each car hope this helps as it worked fine for me but always open to new suggestions

Fre.Mo
17-05-2015, 07:56
Why there isn't a detailled manual with the description of each option and its effect?

jason
21-05-2015, 00:36
Settings for my T500RS with Kurb Effects

Okay, have spent the last 2 hours with AC, PC and my T500 at Spa in a BMW Z4 gt3

I don't have it perfect yet but I have made a ton of progress on getting that AC feel.

Many people may not care for the feel but to me it's a great leap in as far as the immersion goes (I like a heavier wheel and feedback, even if it isn't totally accurate)

Okay, to start my T500 is set at the typical TM Panel settings of 900 degrees 60% ffb .

In PCars control panel

Tire force 100
Per Wheel Movement 0.0
Per Wheel Movement squared 0.0
Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
Deadzone removal range .05
Deadzone removal falloff .01
Linkage Scale 0.0
Linkage Stiffness 1.0
Linkage Damping 1.0
Relative Adjust Gain .98
Relative adjust Bleed .10
Relative adj clamp .96
Scoop Knee .70
Scoop Reduction .25
Soft Clipping (Half Input) 0.0
Soft Clipping (Full Output) 0.0

Under Vehicle Tuning Setup > Force Feedback > Spindle

Master Scale 10 (this is low and I still get a ton of FFB)
Fx Scale 54
Fy Scale 54
Fz Scale 60
Mz Scale 90.01 (this is almost like spring center, it will determine how much resistance you get turning the front wheels)

All Smoothing set at 0.0

Arm Angle 1200

Under Vehicle Tuning Setup > Force Feedback > Body & SOP

Body Scale 0.01
Body Longitudinal Scale 0.01
Body Stiffness 100
Body Damping 100

Below is the biggy if you like kurb effects and feeling the bumps in the road

SoP Scale 100
SoP Lateral Scale 70
SoP Differential Scale 100
SoP Damping 0.0

Disclaimer: Try these at your own risk, what I like in FFB may be nothing like what you like. I will say though if you thought the FFB before was not aggressive enough or heavy enough, you might like these settings. I also only tried these with one car at one track. These settings most likely will need even more tweaking with different vehicles, but that is part of the appeal of this title, it allows you to do just that.

Even if they are not to your liking they might get you pointed in a direction that does work for you, this is a game that is going to make you crawl under the hood so to speak if you want to get the most out of it.

these are the best setting I could find and believe me they are unbelievable ..................I did make the settings but tested the last night , you will enjoy

jason
21-05-2015, 00:55
Settings for my T500RS with Kurb Effects

Okay, have spent the last 2 hours with AC, PC and my T500 at Spa in a BMW Z4 gt3

I don't have it perfect yet but I have made a ton of progress on getting that AC feel.

Many people may not care for the feel but to me it's a great leap in as far as the immersion goes (I like a heavier wheel and feedback, even if it isn't totally accurate)

Okay, to start my T500 is set at the typical TM Panel settings of 900 degrees 60% ffb.

In PCars control panel

Tire force 100
Per Wheel Movement 0.0
Per Wheel Movement squared 0.0
Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
Deadzone removal range .05
Deadzone removal falloff .01
Linkage Scale 0.0
Linkage Stiffness 1.0
Linkage Damping 1.0
Relative Adjust Gain .98
Relative adjust Bleed .10
Relative adj clamp .96
Scoop Knee .70
Scoop Reduction .25
Soft Clipping (Half Input) 0.0
Soft Clipping (Full Output) 0.0

Under Vehicle Tuning Setup > Force Feedback > Spindle

Master Scale 10 (this is low and I still get a ton of FFB)
Fx Scale 54
Fy Scale 54
Fz Scale 60
Mz Scale 90.01 (this is almost like spring center, it will determine how much resistance you get turning the front wheels)

All Smoothing set at 0.0

Arm Angle 1200

Under Vehicle Tuning Setup > Force Feedback > Body & SOP

Body Scale 0.01
Body Longitudinal Scale 0.01
Body Stiffness 100
Body Damping 100

Below is the biggy if you like kurb effects and feeling the bumps in the road

SoP Scale 100
SoP Lateral Scale 70
SoP Differential Scale 100
SoP Damping 0.0

Disclaimer: Try these at your own risk, what I like in FFB may be nothing like what you like. I will say though if you thought the FFB before was not aggressive enough or heavy enough, you might like these settings. I also only tried these with one car at one track. These settings most likely will need even more tweaking with different vehicles, but that is part of the appeal of this title, it allows you to do just that.

Even if they are not to your liking they might get you pointed in a direction that does work for you, this is a game that is going to make you crawl under the hood so to speak if you want to get the most out of it.

I did not make these settings but I will say I have had extensive testing with them and they are UNBELEIVABLE

Vtx1312
22-05-2015, 06:04
inside sim racing YouTube did a Good video on setting up the wheel go take a look it will give you a good insight into setting up the wheel