PDA

View Full Version : [YES! Now available on all platforms!]Limited Edition CAR Pack - available as DLC?

momotaone
08-05-2015, 14:45
Hi,

heres my question:
I purchased the game yesterday afternoon, as Standard-Edition.
Now I started the game, noticed that there is a community-event with a Limited Edition Car Pack.

As I opened the PS-Store I don't find this DLC. Is it possible to purchase this DLC without the Limited Edition of the Game?

Thanks!

MysterG
08-05-2015, 14:49
The LE car pack is not available separately. It is not know whether this will change in the future.

SL1DE
08-05-2015, 14:50
Hi,

heres my question:
I purchased the game yesterday afternoon, as Standard-Edition.
Now I started the game, noticed that there is a community-event with a Limited Edition Car Pack.

As I opened the PS-Store I don't find this DLC. Is it possible to purchase this DLC without the Limited Edition of the Game?

Thanks!

I don't think it will ever be available as a DLC. It's limited for a reason.

momotaone
08-05-2015, 14:56
The LE car pack is not available separately. It is not know whether this will change in the future.

Well, thanks for the answer.
I hope it will for the future... I think the chance to buy a Limited Edition of the game is nearly impossible at this moment.
If I have known this before, I will have choosen the other edition of the game.

Baussinen
08-05-2015, 17:05
How about modified car pack? Didnt get code for it when i bought disc version and cant find it from psn store so anyone knows if it will come to store in future?

momotaone
08-05-2015, 17:26
Hi,
its me again.. i've found an confusing response in this thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21986-North-America-PSN-Question

Once the game is available via the US Playstation Store, bear in mind that our digital versions come with both the Limited Edition and Modified Car Packs – so you’re not losing out on any preorder content.

As I understand this, in the US-Store Digital-Version you will be able to get both Limited Edition and Modified Car Packs... even this are not the limited Editions of the game?
Sorry, but this will not be fair for other users, buying the game boxed... at least I'll be albe to purchase this packs as additional dlc...
I'am this wrong?

Growlmon
08-05-2015, 17:46
Hi,
its me again.. i've found an confusing response in this thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21986-North-America-PSN-Question

As I understand this, in the US-Store Digital-Version you will be able to get both Limited Edition and Modified Car Packs... even this are not the limited Editions of the game?
Sorry, but this will not be fair for other users, buying the game boxed... at least I'll be albe to purchase this packs as additional dlc...
I'am this wrong?
The reason behind this is that the US versions of the game were not made available to pre-order, nor are we able to get the Limited Edition from stores, so the only way to get the Limited Edition Car Pack will now be the Digital Version. Same for the Modified Car Pack, between getting the Digital Version and pre-ordering the standard box version.

What I do hope is that there will be a cutoff time for these additions to the Digital Version, per say, only available within one week of the US launch.

momotaone
08-05-2015, 17:50
The reason behind this is that the US versions of the game were not made available to pre-order, nor are we able to get the Limited Edition from stores, so the only way to get the Limited Edition Car Pack will now be the Digital Version. Same for the Modified Car Pack, between getting the Digital Version and pre-ordering the standard box version.

What I do hope is that there will be a cutoff time for these additions to the Digital Version, per say, only available within one week of the US launch.

Well, I understand that there was a reason. But never-the less this leads to an unfair structure:
Where it is nearly impossible to get an limited edition of the game in europe at this time, nearly everyone buying the digital version in the us will have the advantage of the limited edition.
What I hope:
That everyone will be able to get the limited Edtion Pack!

Growlmon
09-05-2015, 06:20
Well, I understand that there was a reason. But never-the less this leads to an unfair structure:
Where it is nearly impossible to get an limited edition of the game in europe at this time, nearly everyone buying the digital version in the us will have the advantage of the limited edition.
What I hope:
That everyone will be able to get the limited Edtion Pack!
If Limited Edition gave certain players an advantage, this game would have been published by EA. No, no it does not give anyone an advantage. It does not in any way make for an unfair structure, it's just exclusive content that was initially for purchasing an exclusive edition, but that is not available AT ALL in the US, so the devs had to find another way to give it. Telling an entire country that they're not able to get this at all would have been a much worse decision, both morally and fiscally.

As for everyone having Limited Edition... that's pretty damn stupid considering that this is supposed to be LIMITED.

momotaone
09-05-2015, 08:19
If Limited Edition gave certain players an advantage, this game would have been published by EA. No, no it does not give anyone an advantage. It does not in any way make for an unfair structure, it's just exclusive content that was initially for purchasing an exclusive edition, but that is not available AT ALL in the US, so the devs had to find another way to give it. Telling an entire country that they're not able to get this at all would have been a much worse decision, both morally and fiscally.

As for everyone having Limited Edition... that's pretty damn stupid considering that this is supposed to be LIMITED.

Well, then we are talking about different opinions... TODAY I found out, that even the european Digital-Version Preoder-Version contains the Packs as you can see it on here:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/

So at the moment as I see, nearly everyone who is buying the digital version in the US, everyone in europe buying the Limited Edition OR the digital-Version has got the packs.

So far about advatages and disadvantages. So everyone please stop telling me, that it was a good decision. Thank you!

This is the official forum of the game, and I just want to stand out, that I'd like to purchase the Limited Edition Car Pack and the Modified Car Pack as additional DLC, as I want to drive with this cars too!

Next Problem ( maybe this should be reported as bug):
Yesterday I was in a Multiplayer Session. The Host changed the car to the "Sauber C9" ( one of my favourite Le Mans Cars )... The game loaded and then my PS4 crashed... with the blue error-screen.
As I now saw, the Sauber C9 is part of the Limited Edition Car pack - which I am not able to purchase!

So, as you stated, this is for the community:
Please! Please release this cars!

Lunerock
09-05-2015, 14:22
I can't understand, why The digital edition contains The limited Edition car pack. If u don't got a credit card ( maybe it is normal for us citizens, but here it isn't) You just can't buy The digital edition for x1. And now we are The idiots buying The normal one via amazon and habe no Chance to get The limited car pack.

Sure it is no advantage, but this means I can't play The event, cause I habe no Chance to get The cars for it.

For me it wouldn' t be an advantage to not get The cars, but it is a disadventage in case of The event.

Radiance
09-05-2015, 16:26
Personally I regret buying a boxed version due the lack of these car packs. I'm completely new to sim racing so I notified this game way to late to get my hands on a limited edition. My new hobby started with Driveclub and I found that I wanted something more realistic for my T300 so I started looking for games and found out Project Cars, this was somewhere half March.
Then I read about pre order bonus and pre ordered the game but after I paid I found out that my reseller doesn't include the code, I know, my own fault.

But I would really like to have all the cars so I hope there will be some way to obtain those 8 extra cars in the future and I'm willing to pay for it.

David McKenna
09-05-2015, 17:18
Indeed, my favourite car is the Ford GT, so disappointed to find it's not in the game unless you bought the limited edition?

Francorchamps
10-05-2015, 01:40
I can't understand, why The digital edition contains The limited Edition car pack. If u don't got a credit card ( maybe it is normal for us citizens, but here it isn't) You just can't buy The digital edition for x1. And now we are The idiots buying The normal one via amazon and habe no Chance to get The limited car pack.

Sure it is no advantage, but this means I can't play The event, cause I habe no Chance to get The cars for it.

For me it wouldn' t be an advantage to not get The cars, but it is a disadventage in case of The event.

Don't you have PSN cards in your country? In EU you can buy PSN cards in every game shop. You can also pay with Paypal on PSN. All digital editions come with the Mod car and LE packs. I think it's only normal if you pay the full price for a game like on PSN you get the full deal like LE.

Lunerock
10-05-2015, 07:12
Hmm, ye I apologize for that. Could habe bought MS Points. And now I understand why The Game was only 63 €.
Good to know it after its too late. Well ok my mistake. But I'm disapointed, will hit myself. ��

Titzon Toast
10-05-2015, 08:32
Of course the limited edition car pack will be released for sale eventually.
Money talks, it's happened with pretty every other game that's gone before and I can't Project Cars being any different!
Just give it some time.

pa_pinkelman
10-05-2015, 11:10
Money talks, it's happened with pretty every other game that's gone before and I can't Project Cars being any different!
Just give it some time.

I hope you are right, would be a shame if they didn't.

Growlmon
10-05-2015, 12:55
Just give it some time.
Probably not. Read the following from the thread about the free community livery pack: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22314-Surprise!-Community-Livery-Pack-1-is-now-live!

SMS is not the regular gaming industry you might know... This is just the tip of the Iceberg!

Awesome announcement Rob. I did not know that this will come so soon actually! :)

So yeah, these guys aren't the normal bs the gaming industry has. Less microtransactions and more content should be expected. When they say limited, it means limited. That kind of thing. You guys should just either stop whining or try to return your copies for the highest price you can get and then just buy the limited edition.

Also not having a credit card is no excuse. It is so easy to buy PSN cards, or you could just link PayPal to your bank account.

Really, it's salty people like this that have forced mainstream devs and publishers to go down the toilet.

Psychomatrix
12-05-2015, 16:16
I my mind it's total unfair to put the Mercedes DTM in the LE. This car dominate the leaderboards. And when namcobandai call it a upgrade DLC so everbody think you can upgrade the standard version. The game itself offers this in german where you can't upgrade. I personally think that the limited is more for the steelcase and book. A lot of news tell that the cars will be later available.

pa_pinkelman
12-05-2015, 16:28
@Growlmon: Wow you really are the friendly type! Its an attitude like yours that make the whole gaming industry go down the toilet.

We are just dissapointed an we hope these cars will be released as dlc thats all....

Psychomatrix
12-05-2015, 17:03
Sorry i personally buy games by my videogame dealer. And it's unfair to give the limited edition only amazon. Digital versions are make all the small independent videogamestores go down the toilet (ln your words). I don't support this. People tell here something from independent studio and then buy digital versions.by the way it's unfair too, that i can buy the le upgrade as credit card owner in the us store. That makes no sense. They should give all the people the option and not only in the us and credit card owners. so i've you have a credit card go to MS US Store and you get the LE Uprade because dlc a region free.

Titzon Toast
12-05-2015, 18:07
Probably not. Read the following from the thread about the free community livery pack: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22314-Surprise!-Community-Livery-Pack-1-is-now-live!

So yeah, these guys aren't the normal bs the gaming industry has. Less microtransactions and more content should be expected. When they say limited, it means limited. That kind of thing. You guys should just either stop whining or try to return your copies for the highest price you can get and then just buy the limited edition.

Also not having a credit card is no excuse. It is so easy to buy PSN cards, or you could just link PayPal to your bank account.

Really, it's salty people like this that have forced mainstream devs and publishers to go down the toilet.

Who's whining? I'm speaking through experience here, I'll bet you that both of the packs will be available for purchase in a very short while.
If you you really believe that nonsense you wrote about these guys being any different to other gaming studios then you're just being niave.
It's a potential revenue stream and it will be tapped when the time is right.

Dreco
12-05-2015, 18:08
You can buy limited edition and modified car pack on US store:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=project%20cars

TimDog350
12-05-2015, 18:59
You can buy limited edition and modified car pack on US store:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=project%20cars

Limited Edition comes with Digital Version, Modified Pack DOES NOT come with digital version, even though it states that BOTH packs will be included for digital PSN purchase.

Jaybird124
15-05-2015, 16:24
Both packs currently available as dlc in PSN in the US.

And calling it 'Limited Edition' does not imply limited availability. How many 'Limited Edition' Camerys do you see? Yeah, just a name. The book might had been limited in print, thus prompting the creation of a limited edition with the car pack as a bonus.

In the US we had a chance for a steel case for rhe game when it was pre-ordered. Came in the regular case with hard one rubber banded to it. PSN code for modified pack on the receipt and a poster of cars in the Modified Car pack. All as advertised.

Both dlc packs are available, but extras like the book, hard case, or poster are understandably limited in availability. Hope this helps, as there seems to be a huge uproar over what was available to who and when.

momotaone
08-06-2015, 23:38
Aaaaaaaaand:
Here it is!

Thx @ SMS for listening to the community and providing us this package too!
Bought mine directly after coming to the PSN-Store!

MULTIVITZ
09-06-2015, 00:11
If you have no credit card or bank how you buy psn subscription?

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 02:12
If you have no credit card or bank how you buy psn subscription?

Just curious as to how you don't have a bank. Where do you keep your money?

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 02:17
Just curious as to how you don't have a bank. Where do you keep your money?

Good question. And even if you dont have a back how would you expect to buy an online subscription. Its probably not possible without a card or bank of some type.

madmax2069
09-06-2015, 03:28
I just go to a store and pick up a PS+ card or PSN wallet card.

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 03:38
I just go to a store and pick up a PS+ card or PSN wallet card.

Oh. I never thought of that.. but do they let you have an account without a card being associated with it? Just wondering.

madmax2069
09-06-2015, 04:20
Oh. I never thought of that.. but do they let you have an account without a card being associated with it? Just wondering.

Unfortunately you have to give them some form of card, but heck you can pick up one of those loadable visa, mastercards and load a few $ onto it and just give them that (just be warned that not all of those loadable cards work on PSN). After that disable auto renew so that they never have to use the card you gave them. After that just buy the PS+ cards and PSN wallet cards.

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 04:38
Unfortunately you have to give them some form of card, but heck you can pick up one of those loadable visa, mastercards and load a few $ onto it and just give them that (just be warned that not all of those loadable cards work on PSN). After that disable auto renew so that they never have to use the card you gave them. After that just buy the PS+ cards and PSN wallet cards.

Yeah so how is that guy going to get a PlayStation plus account without a bank or card? I guess he'll have to do your plan.

mjemec11
09-06-2015, 06:29
Aaaaaaaaand:
Here it is!

Thx @ SMS for listening to the community and providing us this package too!
Bought mine directly after coming to the PSN-Store!

Yes, now patiently waiting for modified car pack to hit EU psn store. :D

Elmo
09-06-2015, 06:32
Changed the title and moved to General discussion, because as of today it should be available on all platforms.

xtec77
09-06-2015, 07:04
Yes, now patiently waiting for modified car pack to hit EU psn store. :D

... I thought th Modified Car Pack is included in the LE ?! :confused:

Elmo
09-06-2015, 07:07
... I thought th Modified Car Pack is included in the LE ?! :confused:

No, the Modified Car Pack was the PreOrder bonus for all versions of the game.

It will be made available too.

the_monk
09-06-2015, 07:08
Changed the title and moved to General discussion, because as of today it should be available on all platforms.

excellent news, time to upgrade to LTD edition car pack, hope the modified car pack is free as it wasn't available in my country even when i preordered the game :-(

Elmo
09-06-2015, 07:09
excellent news, time to upgrade to LTD edition car pack, what about modified car pack? would have been nice if it was included in the ltd upgrade.

Look one post up^^ :)

poet
09-06-2015, 07:35
Thank you SMS.

Having ordered the LE and the retailer not honouring the sale was a thorn every time I started the game up.

Thorn removed. :)

KK78
09-06-2015, 07:36

And it is good Sir, I'm in the UK....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHCrkf-XIAAYYdK.jpg:large

DozUK
09-06-2015, 08:07
Racing icons pack out too I see, fantastic can't wait to have a go with that!

oscarolim
09-06-2015, 08:14
Same in the xbox. Something to play at lunch time :p

HLR Joker
09-06-2015, 11:57
Excellent news with the DLC being made available, will start saving some pocket money now. Grabbed LE upgrade for X-One now so very pleased.
Mark

KartKingCorre
09-06-2015, 12:01
Sweet! Gonna go buy a PSN 20 car right now and upgrade to limited edition! and get the car pack ;)
What is included in the limited edition upgrade?

Is this real life?

Beagle Five
09-06-2015, 12:05
Just bought it! :)

Now I am going to try them out!

Go get them!

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 12:10