PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TX on X1 - duplicate buttons

HEF51
08-05-2015, 14:48
This post is for the Thrustmaster TX FFB wheel on X1.

There are 12 programmable buttons plus a dpad and a guide button on the Thrustmaster TX. But many of them are duplicates when you plug the TX into the X1. Below I have a diagram with color coded duplicated buttons on the TX while playing on the X1.

http://i.imgur.com/Gv5P9lk.png?1

I think this is a huge oversight as the this hampers the experience of having a wheel by forcing you to only having 5 mappable buttons and a dpad when on the X1. Not to mention the lack of L3 and R3 buttons on the wheel even though they are currently present of on the TX's sister wheel, the T300 on PS4. L3 and R3 could easily replace two sets of duplicated buttons.

I hope SMS can look into this matter with Thrustmaster and figure out a solution as it is hampering the experience on the X1 with a wheel.

Thank you.

Bryer
08-05-2015, 14:58
This post is for the Thrustmaster TX FFB wheel on X1.

There are 12 programmable buttons plus a dpad and a guide button on the Thrustmaster TX. But many of them are duplicates when you plug the TX into the X1. Below I have a diagram with color coded duplicated buttons on the TX while playing on the X1.

http://i.imgur.com/Gv5P9lk.png?1

I think this is a huge oversight as the this hampers the experience of having a wheel by forcing you to only having 5 mappable buttons and a dpad when on the X1. Not to mention the lack of L3 and R3 buttons on the wheel even though they are currently present of on the TX's sister wheel, the T300 on PS4. L3 and R3 could easily replace two sets of duplicated buttons.

I hope SMS can look into this matter with Thrustmaster and figure out a solution as it is hampering the experience on the X1 with a wheel.

Thank you.

This is going to need to involve Microsoft, they will need to create a Thrustmaster app for the console to override the settings that the Xbox One reads when the device ID is checked. (Centrally controlled hence why it needs Kinect to work).

HEF51
08-05-2015, 15:45
This is going to need to involve Microsoft, they will need to create a Thrustmaster app for the console to override the settings that the Xbox One reads when the device ID is checked. (Centrally controlled hence why it needs Kinect to work).
I don't think it would be a fix by MS but a fix by TM by way of a firmware update. They've shown that they can update button combinations by when they added the auto clutch via firmware.
If anything I would at least like to see them add L3 and R3 as they are completely missing.

Bobbydakid
08-05-2015, 17:37
Agree 100%. Hopefully TM release a firmware upgrade to allow us to use all the buttons individually.

SN1P3R SK33T
09-05-2015, 01:38
Hi guys,

I would say that this is more a limit that MS has put on the third party device protocols or something to that affect since the buttons are all separate when you connect the TX to a PC.

Sure there'll probable also need to be a firmware update for the wheel too. If you think this rims buttons are bad, you should check out the button mapping for the F1 rim! there's almost 30 separate buttons on it but Xbox still only has ABXY, RB LB, Menu and View. repeated about 5 times each! The PS4 mapping utilises L3 (LS) and R3 (RS) too but still no where near full utilisation.

I have submitted an idea on the Xbox Feedback site if we get some votes there could be some headway. Especially with another title coming out not long from now that would certainly make use of those extra buttons with that F1 rim.

Here's a link to the feedback that needs some votes fast:

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/7882929-allow-wheels-to-have-more-buttons

See you on the tarmac!

Tristicles
09-05-2015, 09:11
This is something that is bugging me too, had to bodge a mapping together so when I use Formula A cars I can use both DRS and KERS! Have voted up on the above thread link.

HEF51
09-05-2015, 15:16
I'm not sure how much of it lies in the hands of MS. But its a start here because there is no real way to get in contact with TM about this issue so I think it is smart to let SMS know because they probably have a direct line to TM.

hillcrest34
09-05-2015, 16:01
It does state in the TX manual that with future game and firmware updates these duplicate buttons will be removed. Hopefully this is something SMS can help with. Not to mention it will give us more of that PC sim experience

Alter_Schwede62
09-05-2015, 17:40
According to the thread:

How do you calibrate the FFB of your XT without the two buttons? :apologetic:
As I know I would need one of the missed buttons to have the possibility to calibrate the FFB.

Bobbydakid
09-05-2015, 18:12
Are you referring to LT and RT? On the TX these are the accelerate and brake pedal.

donpost
09-05-2015, 19:12
Yes yes yes agree completely. We need to be able to map those buttons!

Alter_Schwede62
09-05-2015, 20:43
Are you referring to LT and RT? On the TX these are the accelerate and brake pedal.
Thanx, I did not know that. :D

Disease
09-05-2015, 22:48
i can understand not being to map more buttons than the xbox has actual button inputs but i really wish the second set of LB and RB underneath the wheel were recognised as L3 and R3.
even just 2 extra buttons would be great as with the wheel not having a right stick to view around, i have to map 2 buttons to look left/right.

HEF51
10-05-2015, 02:10
i can understand not being to map more buttons than the xbox has actual button inputs but i really wish the second set of LB and RB underneath the wheel were recognised as L3 and R3.
even just 2 extra buttons would be great as with the wheel not having a right stick to view around, i have to map 2 buttons to look left/right.

Agreed, those two buttons back there would be awesome for L3/LSB and R3/RSB. And yeah, if we cant at least map more buttons than at least let us have the two stick buttons!

SN1P3R SK33T
11-05-2015, 00:18
Just in case anyone missed it, I have started an "idea" on the Xbox feedback site. Feel free to also post the link in other forums/threads that you see regarding the same issues. The more votes we get obviously the higher a priority it will be for MS.

I realise that it may be down to TM as well, but I'm 90% sure that it will also require a driver update in the console which MS is surely going to have to certify, if not write themselves. Plus it'll probably require some sort of update for Forza and the crew to either utilise the extra inputs, or double-up the inputs on their end. Alternatively I guess the wheel could add an extra mode or something that either you change manually or the xbox can "push" to the wheel.

Either way, more votes can't hurt. Hopefully with the release of F1 too, we can get this sorted within a couple of months.

Here's the link again:

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/7882929-allow-wheels-to-have-more-buttons

Peace!

HEF51
11-05-2015, 03:00
Just in case anyone missed it, I have started an "idea" on the Xbox feedback site. Feel free to also post the link in other forums/threads that you see regarding the same issues. The more votes we get obviously the higher a priority it will be for MS.

I realise that it may be down to TM as well, but I'm 90% sure that it will also require a driver update in the console which MS is surely going to have to certify, if not write themselves. Plus it'll probably require some sort of update for Forza and the crew to either utilise the extra inputs, or double-up the inputs on their end. Alternatively I guess the wheel could add an extra mode or something that either you change manually or the xbox can "push" to the wheel.

Either way, more votes can't hurt. Hopefully with the release of F1 too, we can get this sorted within a couple of months.

Here's the link again:

Peace!

Yep, this is a good start! I have voted and I hope everyone that has been to this thread will.

Alter_Schwede62
11-05-2015, 06:35
I voted too. :)

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 08:14
I mapped the DRS and KERS to the right buttons within the game, traction control to the view button and then the handbrake to the D pad down (since i would never use it). Seems to work so far but could do with another 3/4 programmable buttons.

Alter_Schwede62
11-05-2015, 08:17
This is not the TX wheel.

JakeFitz24
11-05-2015, 12:23
Hey Guys,
I sent an email to Thrustmaster Customer Service requesting a possible firmware update for the F1 wheel. I will keep this thread posted with what they send back along with the full email conversation.

SN1P3R SK33T
11-05-2015, 12:31

technically there isn't a TX wheel, the TX is the base. that's the Ferrari F1 wheel, the other wheel shown earlier is the Italia 458, and there are also 2 GTE wheels that all fit to the TX.

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 13:24

Its a TX compatible wheel... take a look at your box.

HEF51
11-05-2015, 14:26
Hey Guys,
I sent an email to Thrustmaster Customer Service requesting a possible firmware update for the F1 wheel. I will keep this thread posted with what they send back along with the full email conversation.
I was hoping that maybe someone from SMS would see this and relay it to TM since they probably have a direct line of communication to them. Contacting customer support is a good start but I don't think they will be able to do anything.

Here's to hoping.

PJ Dunham
12-05-2015, 12:42
I have all the Rims aval for the TX, just buy the F1 rim has way more buttons switches and rotator nobs all mappable, its worth the price201775

SN1P3R SK33T
12-05-2015, 13:56
I have all the Rims aval for the TX, just buy the F1 rim has way more buttons switches and rotator nobs all mappable, its worth the price201775

That's great if you're on PC, still has no more mappable buttons than any other rim's on Xbox.

Made in 89
05-08-2015, 19:19

Didn't read original thread, just wanted to show off his setup ;)

BiggNasty187
05-08-2015, 19:49
I remember we had the ability to do this with Steel Battalion, I remember that controller had around 40 or so buttons that was usable on the original Xbox.

I could be wrong, but one day when I was conducting dorm inspections and one of the people had the Steel Battalion controller set up and I couldn't help myself, I had to have a closer look. I was flabbergasted by the sheer amount of buttons.

MrLiister
06-08-2015, 16:23
Here's a link to the feedback that needs some votes fast:

Voted!

Not being able to map all the buttons is just as annoying as not being able to use a sim dash app which could be done via SmartGlass.

T3RRAF0RM
14-09-2015, 00:09

Here's the link again:

Peace!

I've voted on your users voice thread. I've also tweeted a link to the thread to Phil Spencer (head of Xbox) I know he's a fan of racing games, so I thought it was worth a shot.

Zsozsa
14-09-2015, 15:46
I voted and spread the word among my club members and friends.

2pfspiff
14-09-2015, 22:04
Voted. Hope Microsoft is listening.