PDA

View Full Version : Career Locked? Help!!

Irishnewblood
08-05-2015, 15:17
Just got the game today, limited edition one and downloaded the patch and car pack but when i go into the game everything is unlocked apart from career??. Don't know what to do starting to get annoyed to be honest waited like 3 hours for the patch to download....just to clarify the patch size i downloaded was like 880mb is that the patch? cheers for the help if anyone can.

Max Kelly
08-05-2015, 15:17
perhaps you've not finished downloading the game totally

Irishnewblood
08-05-2015, 15:21
Well nothing seems to be downloading or anything in my download section?

Irishnewblood
08-05-2015, 15:22
oh and it's the disc version i have.

Max Kelly
08-05-2015, 15:23
(demo mode? installing? wait)

try to switch off and on again ps4

SL1DE
08-05-2015, 15:25
If only career is locked, you need to X on "New" under it to create a new career profile.

Captain_Swoopty
08-05-2015, 15:27
You locked your keys in your car already!!! ????? lol jk hope you got it straightened out!

Mrchiggiewigs
08-05-2015, 15:34
Same thing has happened with me... Just got the game and everything is locked apart from solo race, any way to fix this? Thanks

Andjem
08-05-2015, 15:36
you've probably tried this already, but have you tried logging in and out of your PSN account?

djmky
08-05-2015, 15:46
lol, I had the same problem, panicked like yourself. Then realised you need to create your driver. Then it unlocks.

Irishnewblood
08-05-2015, 15:48
If only career is locked, you need to X on "New" under it to create a new career profile.

OHHH SNAP!!! lol talk about feeling like an absolute moron, cheers man appreciate it lol.

Mrchiggiewigs
08-05-2015, 16:04
How do i create a driver? Haha i literally cannot access anything other than solo race and settings, thanks :)

The Russian
08-05-2015, 16:27
Mrchiggiewigs have you dl and installed the update? i had same problem while i was dl update i started game anyway and everything was locked apart from solo race and settings, after update was dl and installed i still had same problem then i turned my ps off then back on and it was ok after that.

Irishnewblood
08-05-2015, 16:29
It is the block right underneath career that says new mate, just click it and it will start career and create driver name and that. Can't believe I didn't spot it myself in the first place lol and it is so obvious as well like ha.

Mrchiggiewigs
08-05-2015, 16:38
It is the block right underneath career that says new mate, just click it and it will start career and create driver name and that. Can't believe I didn't spot it myself in the first place lol and it is so obvious as well like ha.

That's something i can't do as it's locked off completely. :/

Mrchiggiewigs
08-05-2015, 16:40
Mrchiggiewigs have you dl and installed the update? i had same problem while i was dl update i started game anyway and everything was locked apart from solo race and settings, after update was dl and installed i still had same problem then i turned my ps off then back on and it was ok after that.

Yep, all of it downloaded automatically.. Evens says on my storage that's it's fully downloaded... So i have no idea, just extremely disapointed. Been looking foward to this for months haha

Falconeye
08-05-2015, 17:14
I had the same problem. I removed my project cars backup file on ps4 and after launching project cars I immidiately created a carreer. It worked. It was impossible for me to create a carreer after trying solo modes.

perfee
08-05-2015, 19:10
I have the same feeling. Been waiting so long for PC and now I can't play. All options in game are locked. I can't create career. I can choose only race weekend in Dubai.
Update 880 Mb is installed. Console restarted... What can I do to fix this?

perfee
08-05-2015, 19:42
I have fixed... Created a new PSN user. Game launched well. Then backed to base user and everything goes OK. Uuufff ;-)

Semisonic71
08-05-2015, 20:01
Hi can any one help,in time trial it will not save my times,plus items are locked,so I can't even skip to end of session ! Also I have not I am locked out of a few options in other modes too,ps4 really enjoying it,fantastic game

Ctspider
08-05-2015, 20:27
Hi can any one help,in time trial it will not save my times,plus items are locked,so I can't even skip to end of session ! Also I have not I am locked out of a few options in other modes too,ps4 really enjoying it,fantastic game
I am having the same issue, now downloading the update for the 3rd time....

Seriously annoying, I will try setting up the new PSN account next to try get the thing unlocked - would be nice if someone from Project Cars would actually respond and help out like everyone on this site.

Semisonic71
08-05-2015, 20:54
I am having the same issue, now downloading the update for the 3rd time....

Seriously annoying, I will try setting up the new PSN account next to try get the thing unlocked - would be nice if someone from Project Cars would actually respond and help out like everyone on this site.

Let us know how you get on please would be great if it worked

Exley
08-05-2015, 21:00
Hi.

After installing the game on my PS4 I noticed I can only play solo mode. Everything else is locked.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 21:02
(moved)

Welcome!

1. Try creating a Driver first
2. Make sure you have the latest Day1 patch downloaded, installed and you have restarted your PS4

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 21:19
Someone that is having this issue try the following procedure:

1. Delete all your game data on PS4
2. Start the Game Over (I'm assuming all patches are downloaded and applied)
3. When you start the game the first time, CREATE A DRIVER FIRST (don't go to ONLINE or QUICK RACE etc.)

Does that unlock the career for you? See post #17 above.

Exley
08-05-2015, 21:26
Everything seems to be OK now. I guess the game was still downloading or something. After spending some time fiddling around in the options menu everything suddenly unlocked.

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 21:27
great to hear. Share with your friends!

Was there any indications a download was in-progress or had just completed?

Padmod
08-05-2015, 21:40
I've been trying to figure this out for the past couple of days, looking forward to getting my PS4 copy next week to see if it happens to me! As far as I can tell the game requires the day 1 patch to 'unlock' content beyond the solo race at Dubai with the LMP1 car. Some retail copy users have reported that the process (game installation and patch download) only takes around 10 minutes, others say they couldn't access the rest of the game for upwards of 2 hours! So it's clear something seems to be going wrong.

Fix at the moment seems to be:

1) Delete Project Cars game data (including the patch)
2) Reinstall the game/patch
3) Restart the PS4
4) Launch game and immediately create a new driver profile

Some other tips that could make the 'unlock' trigger if you're still having trouble are:

- Signout from PSN, sign back in then relaunch the game
- Create a new (temporary) PSN profile, open the game. If everything is unlocked revert back to your primary account.
- The game does appear to unlock eventually for everyone. If everything you're trying isn't working, try and be patient. Leave the game running for a while either while you play it or by itself. Don't put the PS4 in rest mode, that won't achieve anything.

SL1DE
09-05-2015, 03:22
How do i create a driver? Haha i literally cannot access anything other than solo race and settings, thanks :)

If everything is locked, that means its still installing. It should take about 20 minutes, which means it'll be done by now and this post is pointless.

There isn't any indicator telling you how much of the installation is done. But if you press "Options" on the game in the PS4 home screen and go to information at the bottom, when the size says 20.45GB, then it's done.

I got confused too. The PS4 needs something to tell you that the game is still installing. I would also love an option to play from the disc since my PS4 is full. Only have like 5-8 games and it's full... -.-

Marcusfranklin
09-05-2015, 03:29
you need to sign a contract and create a driver profile then it unlocks then u can pick what carer u want to start

hereticmuse
09-05-2015, 04:28
I have done everything, deleted the game and save, turned the PS4 on and off, still no dice

I am getting extremely frustrated

hereticmuse
09-05-2015, 04:42
I have done everything, deleted the game and save, turned the PS4 on and off, still no dice

I am getting extremely frustrated

you would not believe what it was

I didn't do a nickname

stupid idiot! *lol*

Installed a billion time for nothing!

Padmod
09-05-2015, 04:46
you would not believe what it was

I didn't do a nickname

stupid idiot! *lol*

Installed a billion time for nothing!

Haha we all have those moments, glad to hear you got it sorted.

Rjrosco
09-05-2015, 06:18
Where do you put in a stupid nickname all I can do is options and help and quick race what a joke.

Nothing works delete patch download patch re start nothing works

ildavo82
09-05-2015, 06:32
For anyone who is locked out of everything except solo race, I believe you just need to complete the race at Dubai in that mode as it seems that is part of the introduction to the game. Once you have raced that, everything else should unlock. That's what I did anyway and it worked for me! No need to uninstall anything!

Rjrosco
09-05-2015, 07:36
For anyone who is locked out of everything except solo race, I believe you just need to complete the race at Dubai in that mode as it seems that is part of the introduction to the game. Once you have raced that, everything else should unlock. That's what I did anyway and it worked for me! No need to uninstall anything!

No that didn't work for me I completed and won that race about 6 times. Didn't work

Deleted Patch didn't work
Restarted ps4 Didn't work

Had 6 Beers. Worked

I had to selected Rookie on the difficulty at the very start that worked also, finally I can race somewhere different than Dubai. Unbelievable how can this type of issue happen :mad:

rileyy4
09-05-2015, 07:50
if somebody is maybe able to take me through it that would help. i have tried everything on this. and nothing and still nothing. ive had the game for 2 and a half days and i left the game on over night and still nothing has worked. this is the biggest let down of a game ever :( the only hope ive got is that when i launch the game the option goes onto "new" for a split second then its all locked and its on quick race weekend.

deftonez
09-05-2015, 08:01
Hey guys,

For those of you whose menu is locked and can only go to quick race and options i had this same problem and tried so many different things and reinstalled it like 7-8 times, i finally got it to go by doing this:

First i deleted the game and then went into settings > system storage management > application saved data and went to the bottom where it said unidentified file or something, which was the project cars game save, if you click on it it should say project cars, I deleted this and then went into the network settings and turned my internet off so it wouldn't automatically download the patch.

I removed the project cars disc and restarted the PS4 from the power settings, then I installed the game and opened it to see that it was locked, then I turned the internet back on and downloaded the patch.

When I went into the game again it was still locked, i went into the options for the controller and changed those to what I wanted and ended up leaving the game for about 30 minutes and it went into rest mode by itself when i was in the controller menu, when i woke it up and got out of the menu it was unlocked.

This whole process was probably about an hour from reinstalling the game until it was unlocked.

Hope this works for someone out there, good luck.

Rjrosco
09-05-2015, 08:02
if somebody is maybe able to take me through it that would help. i have tried everything on this. and nothing and still nothing. ive had the game for 2 and a half days and i left the game on over night and still nothing has worked. this is the biggest let down of a game ever :( the only hope ive got is that when i launch the game the option goes onto "new" for a split second then its all locked and its on quick race weekend.

Hey man I'll try a walk you through it because I know how frustrating it is

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 08:04
IMPORTANT NOTE:

The Game Download is only 3GB that's only for the Demo Mode where you can drive a Quickrace at Dubai...
The Game will download in the Back other 18GB!

This will take some time depending on your Internet Connection.

Just leave pCars running and enjoy when it's really fully loaded an Installed.

Rjrosco
09-05-2015, 08:06
First of all delete the game from the main ps4 screen and the go to settings save data and delete any files.

Restart your ps4

Load the game and wait for the patch to download.

When the game asks which difficulty do you want to start on select rookie.

I kept on selecting amateur and it kept locked tried all above and then choose rookie and it finally unlocked

Padmod
09-05-2015, 09:13
IMPORTANT NOTE:

The Game Download is only 3GB that's only for the Demo Mode where you can drive a Quickrace at Dubai...
The Game will download in the Back other 18GB!

This will take some time depending on your Internet Connection.

Just leave pCars running and enjoy when it's really fully loaded an Installed.

This issue is affecting disc users as well, the game shouldn't be downloading off the net if you have a physical copy.

rileyy4
09-05-2015, 10:19
I've been trying to figure this out for the past couple of days, looking forward to getting my PS4 copy next week to see if it happens to me! As far as I can tell the game requires the day 1 patch to 'unlock' content beyond the solo race at Dubai with the LMP1 car. Some retail copy users have reported that the process (game installation and patch download) only takes around 10 minutes, others say they couldn't access the rest of the game for upwards of 2 hours! So it's clear something seems to be going wrong.

Fix at the moment seems to be:

1) Delete Project Cars game data (including the patch)
2) Reinstall the game/patch
3) Restart the PS4
4) Launch game and immediately create a new driver profile

Some other tips that could make the 'unlock' trigger if you're still having trouble are:

- Signout from PSN, sign back in then relaunch the game
- Create a new (temporary) PSN profile, open the game. If everything is unlocked revert back to your primary account.
- The game does appear to unlock eventually for everyone. If everything you're trying isn't working, try and be patient. Leave the game running for a while either while you play it or by itself. Don't put the PS4 in rest mode, that won't achieve anything.

have tried EVERY SINGLE THING from this list and still nothing. taking the game back for a refund on my next day off. cant believe this. im so frustrated how much time and effort ive wasted on trying to get this to work.

EDIT: since i created a new profile the sound is also broken, awesome.

Padmod
09-05-2015, 10:27
have tried EVERY SINGLE THING from this list and still nothing. taking the game back for a refund on my next day off. cant believe this. im so frustrated how much time and effort ive wasted on trying to get this to work.

Sorry to hear nothing has worked. Other people have experienced this issue and the game seems to unlock eventually, sometimes randomly. When you go into settings on the PS4 home screen > storage management > applications, how much space does the game take up? It should be around 20GB.

This certainly is a very strange occurrence. I'm going to try and get a Dev to respond on the WMD forums, I'll get back to you here if I get a response.

Quick Edit:

Rileyy when you launch the game can you describe exactly what happens? Is there ever an option to create a new driver profile? Have you completed the race in Dubai?

rileyy4
09-05-2015, 10:32
Hey Padmod. have tried this also and it is 20.45GB

Padmod
09-05-2015, 10:47
Hey Padmod. have tried this also and it is 20.45GB

It sounds like the full game has installed then. I can't remember off the top of my head but in the storage management section (where it lists things like applications, saved data, videos etc.) is there an option for patch data? If there is, possibly try deleting the Day 1 patch completely and re-download it without launching the game until it's complete.

My game isn't coming until Monday or Tuesday, so I'm a little limited in the help I can provide at the moment. I really hope this can be sorted though, it would be a shame to have to return it.

Snopkongen
09-05-2015, 10:56
I've got the same problem; everything was locked except from Quick race in Dubai. I delete every Project Cars-data on my PS4, install all one more time, and then it works fine.

Dont start the game while you are downloading the patch. It might make some errors!

But all works fine after 2nd installation of the game.

Also on disc and have completed the Dubai-race three times, but found out that was not the problem!

deftonez
09-05-2015, 10:57
have tried EVERY SINGLE THING from this list and still nothing.

have you tried what i said in my post a few back? i think what made it unlock for me was completely removing everything project cars related, turning off the net to stop the patch auto downloading, then restart without the game disc, install the game, then install the patch, after an hour it was unlocked.
there was an unintentional rest mode after i installed the patch too but i dont know if that would have done anything

rileyy4
09-05-2015, 10:59
i have tried it but ill give it another go.

Edit, to make sure im doing/done everything right.

uninstalled the program and my profile settings - check
reinstalled game wifi off - check
downloading patch now
Patch downloaded, restart ps4
launching game
everything locked except for quick race weekend
change some settings arounf
starting quickrace with 2 lap race only
finished 1st, the EXIT option is still actually locked (which is normal for me)
click -> return to race central
everything all still locked.

SL1DE
09-05-2015, 11:09

reinstalled game - check
downloading patch now

Quit the game and leave the PS4 running for about 30 minutes, it should be installing the game data in the background. It will not tell you whether it is installing, but you should see the disc icon on the game and it should sound like it's loading something. Press the options button on the game and go down to information, total size once installed should be 20.45GB.

Snopkongen
09-05-2015, 11:10

reinstalled game - check
downloading patch now

A restart of your PS4 would also be a good thing too do!

Padmod
09-05-2015, 11:11
Ok, be sure not to launch the game until the patch has finished downloading. Look at this way, if we can troubleshoot your game and figure this problem out we can help other people who have the same issue. Please don't give up, I'm sure it'll get sorted out eventually :)

EDIT:

Quit the game and leave the PS4 running for about 30 minutes, it should be installing the game data in the background. It will not tell you whether it is installing, but you should see the disc icon on the game and it should sound like it's loading something. Press the options button on the game and go down to information, total size once installed should be 20.45GB.

We have already established the game was fully installed on his ps4.

rileyy4
09-05-2015, 12:51
This is the finished post from #48.

reinstalled game wifi off - check
downloading patch now
Patch downloaded, restart ps4
launching game
everything locked except for quick race weekend
change some settings arounf
starting quickrace with 2 lap race only
finished 1st, the EXIT option is still actually locked (which is normal for me)
click -> return to race central
everything all still locked.

file size is 20.45GB also.

if you can let me know anything else please let me know, i am going to leave the game open and see what happens, though i have tried this overnight before. its not like i have difficulty with technology, im a 20 year old who knows how to figure out technology. but this is just ridiculous.

Padmod
09-05-2015, 12:54
This is the finished post from #48.

file size is 20.45GB also.

if you can let me know anything else please let me know, i am going to leave the game open and see what happens, though i have tried this overnight before. its not like i have difficulty with technology, im a 20 year old who knows how to figure out technology. but this is just ridiculous.

On the game menu is there an option to create a 'new driver'?

rileyy4
09-05-2015, 12:57

Padmod
09-05-2015, 13:08
This is quite the conundrum. It's 11:10 here in AUS so I'm calling it a night, all I can suggest is leave the game running for a while (an hour or two) and see what happens, hopefully it will sort it self out soon!

deftonez
09-05-2015, 13:16
Did you restart the ps4 after deleting the game and game save data?
Or maybe even restarting now while waiting for it to unlock

rileyy4
09-05-2015, 13:18
This is quite the conundrum. It's 11:10 here in AUS so I'm calling it a night, all I can suggest is leave the game running for a while (an hour or two) and see what happens, hopefully it will sort it self out soon!

im in perth mate, its 9:17 now. i will leave it for 12 hours. if nothing happens surely there is seriously something wrong with maybe the console? either way will be returning it if nothing works tomorrow. cheers

deftonez
09-05-2015, 13:24
I've seen a few people say they have had this and it has come right so I really doubt it's the console and seems more like a patch issue I would think. Surely it will come right man, and the game is awesome definitely worth holding onto it if you possibly can, I understand how annoying it is, mine was locked for like 24 hours.

BravoLima
09-05-2015, 14:23
Press x on New and create a profile

rileyy4
09-05-2015, 14:26
Don't think you've been reading mate, it's all locked.

SL1DE
09-05-2015, 15:26
Well this is very odd... Because everything was all locked for me, but 30 minutes later it was fine. So the lock was due to the game installing.

How long did you wait before deleting all the game data?

But you're right when you said I'm not reading. I'm speeding through it because it's like 5 pages I haven't read. :p

But from what I can gather, it appears that the game isn't installing properly.

LLTallJay
09-05-2015, 16:29
I have also had the same 'locked' issue but just career mode still locked now and nothing is sorting it. When i click on the game info, its showing just 19mb downloaded and people have said it should be nearer 21mb?! I have deleted all patches and the game and reinstalled/started again but its still locked.

My PS4 is only a few days old and im yet to sign up to the Playstation network. Could this be the problem perhaps?!

badcompany1971
09-05-2015, 19:56
How do you create your driver though everything is locked except the solo I can't do anything please help someone

LLTallJay
09-05-2015, 20:02
Frustrating as I can create the name etc but then the 'proceed' button is greyed out...no idea what's going on

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 20:04
You need to fill ALL the Options in and choose your Nationality!
Only then you can continue...

Nelthewire
09-05-2015, 20:07
Try going to your ps4 account settings and renew licenses. Worked for me !!!

Padmod
09-05-2015, 20:26
Frustrating as I can create the name etc but then the 'proceed' button is greyed out...no idea what's going on

Don't forget nationality and nickname!

LLTallJay
09-05-2015, 20:39
Don't forget nationality and nickname!

I've done all this and it's still locked and not letting me 'proceed'.

Does it make a difference that I don't have a Playstation online account?!

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 20:44
Should not Afaik...
Can you post a screen? Or make a pic with your phone..

Padmod
09-05-2015, 22:28
LLTallJay has said in another thread that his career mode unlocked seemingly without any input on his part. Possibly his game hadn't finished installing?

LLTallJay
09-05-2015, 22:31
it is odd as its been installed for a couple of days now but today was the first time i uninstalled all files and reinstalled everything so maybe that helped?!

rileyy4
10-05-2015, 01:16
12 hours of being in project cars and still everything is locked when i close the appliacation and re enter it. this is bullshit :(

Padmod
10-05-2015, 01:23
Oh man. This might be the longest I've heard this happen for. There is clearly something going very wrong with either the installation, patch download or with your PS4. I'm sorry Rileyy there's nothing else I can suggest doing that hasn't been said already.

rileyy4
10-05-2015, 01:25

sorry for dodgy picture

Padmod
10-05-2015, 01:28
On the home screen, press the options button over the Project Cars logo then scroll down to information. What does it say the size of the game is?

rileyy4
10-05-2015, 01:33
20.45gb

Padmod
10-05-2015, 01:33
Have you restarted your PS4 recently?

rileyy4
10-05-2015, 01:45
frequently. probably 7 or 8 times while trying all of the different fixes

Padmod
10-05-2015, 01:55
I truly have no other ideas then. Sorry :(

millsy__
10-05-2015, 07:06
I have had the same problem. I've been waiting for this game to come out and i finally got around to picking up the limited edition earlier today and i can't do shit. It's so unfortunate, game looks like a blast too.

Nelthewire
10-05-2015, 07:34
Hi Try closing application going to your ps4 account settings and renew licenses. start the game again and everything should be unlocked

SL1DE
10-05-2015, 07:46
frequently. probably 7 or 8 times while trying all of the different fixes

I wonder if your disc is corrupt?

Because you did the following:
Delete everything pCARS related
Turn system off and on
Insert disc, load game, close game, wait for it to install with the disc loading icon on the game's icon.
Then after game is installed, install the patch.
Correct?

The locked thing seems that the game isn't installing from the disc properly or at all.

I don't know, I'd try to get a new disc because something's faulty. Could be a faulty product.

rileyy4
10-05-2015, 07:56
It's possible. the system on occasion while trying to launch application has said "cannot launch the application" or "cannot read the disc" (the disc is fine and has no scratches)

and yes Slide, correct. everything as you said there.

SL1DE
10-05-2015, 08:06
It's possible. the system on occasion while trying to launch application has said "cannot launch the application" or "cannot read the disc" (the disc is fine and has no scratches)

and yes Slide, correct. everything as you said there.

Well, faulty disc I guess... You should try get it exchanged for a new one and see how that goes.

If you still have your receipt, take it back to the store, tell them it doesn't work and they'll have to give you a new one.

millsy__
10-05-2015, 09:07
Well i have good news.... i tried restarting and it wouldn't work but i decided to try out the race, i came first in the race and then restarted and everything was unlocked.

dadie3
10-05-2015, 09:20
I have tried everything. Uninstalling all game info. Switched user. Went offline.
The game is stuck where I can only play Dubai, and then it doesn't record my times.
Can't believe a company like Bandai would ship a game that doesn't work.
I would like to see something from their company on how to resolve this issue.
Also a gesture of goodwill with free dlc to all early users of this game.

deftonez
10-05-2015, 09:52
the system on occasion while trying to launch application has said "cannot launch the application" or "cannot read the disc"

mine did that when it was downloading the patch and i tried to run the game

blackout1982
10-05-2015, 11:58
I have had the same issue. I have finally managed to get it working by uninstalling everything and deleting all saved data. I unplugged my network cable and restarted the ps4. I then reinstalled the game. Once finished plugged the network cable in and downloaded the patch. Once that has finished start the game and do the solo dubai race. Finish that and return back to race central. Once back at race central restart the ps4 and it once reloaded allowed me to set up my profile and start thr career. Bit of a faff but hope this helps others!!

Nuel86
10-05-2015, 12:15
hello guys! i'm having the same issue right now. bought limited edition, installed the game, got day one patch, selected difficulty and won solo race. everything is locked, can't create new driver, not a single thing is unlocked but solo event and options. this is driving me nuts. i unninstalled the game a couple of times, erased the save file and all data related to the game from my ps4, disconnected from the internet, installed the game again, won the race again and still nothing. there is no download on the background. how many corrupted discs could there be? i have no luck, god damn it

dadie3
10-05-2015, 12:18
I have just been back to the shop and changed the disk.
Tried all of the above, and it still doesn't work.
Losing the will to live with this game.
Somebody should @ bandai namco should apologise for messing so many people round on this.
Where is an official spokesperson on this forum?
Can't believe they launch a game of this status and then all have the weekend off!
Will be phoning BN on Monday to speak to someone about this.

BongoKongo
10-05-2015, 12:46
I have created New Driver three times & all I get is Karts in Career mode (which I have finished & won 3 times) but other than for invitational events I get no options to race anywhere else,, just back to Karts again & I'm sick of em now..
Far out, who tested this game & what platform where they using? Must be one out there that we don't know about yet..
In the Kart Championship I get sections during races where there is no sound, every now & then during races the steering goes Bat Sh** Crazy ( & yes the tires are warmed up)
Some AI Karts actually just start flying in the air for no apparent reason, a very strange game indeed considering how long it took.
But the biggest problem is the handling, it is downright atrocious. I hope it gets better if I ever find out a way to move on from the Karts.
The Shift series handling was bad enough but PCars is 10 times worse.

Nuel86
10-05-2015, 12:55
forget my previous post, everything is unlocked now. just left the game idle for like 40 minutes and now it works somehow. chosed to start in kart racing but i had all tiers available. let's hope all the problemas are over. as for handling problems, when i've raced that dubai solo race the car handled pretty well. not quite like granturismo where you feel the cars weight, but not like need for speed shift either. it's a mix of both but with great simulation feelings. i'm playing with a dualshock, btw. control imput is great ;)

SL1DE
10-05-2015, 14:07
forget my previous post, everything is unlocked now. just left the game idle for like 40 minutes and now it works somehow. chosed to start in kart racing but i had all tiers available. let's hope all the problemas are over. as for handling problems, when i've raced that dubai solo race the car handled pretty well. not quite like granturismo where you feel the cars weight, but not like need for speed shift either. it's a mix of both but with great simulation feelings. i'm playing with a dualshock, btw. control imput is great ;)

Yeah, because it takes 40 minutes to install the thing. That's what I've been saying for the past 10 pages...

Reedstar
10-05-2015, 14:20
I am having the same problem, everything is locked except for the quick race in Dubai. I have had a hard copy of the game since release day (EU). So far I have tried the following without it making a difference:

- Installing the game, downloading and installing day one patch
- The above + coming 1st in the quick race in Dubai
- Deleting the game, deleting any saved data for the game
- Reinstalling the game and patch
- Restarting the PS4, shutting it down and powering on
- Leaving the game idle for 2-3 hours

None of the above has made any difference. Any kind of communication from a mod would be greatly appreciated - this is very frustrating. I will give it a few more days, if there is not a fix I will be returning the game as faulty.

deftonez
10-05-2015, 22:04
The only other thing you could try would be to do all these steps, but in between to restart as often as you can, eg:

delete the game, saved game data and turn off internet
restart
install game
restart
turn on internet and get patch, leave it for maybe an hour
then restart
try game again
maybe another restart for good measure?
then hope

because most times it unlocks for people is after waiting a certain period of time or a restart, or in my case an accidental rest mode
as for it unlocking when winning the race, surely that is just because a certain amount of time has gone by and it has finished installing

you might just have to keep at it, it took me installing it about 7-8 times to get it to unlock

yippeemk
10-05-2015, 22:20
Im having the exact same problem as rileyy4, I feel your pain! Have tried all the solutions provided so far in this thread. Everything bar the solo race and settings are locked. I have left the game to install for over 12 hours also alas still have the same problem. I bought Bloodborne the same day, no installation problems. Seems to be very much something to do with the Day 1 update, waiting for a fix........

djmky
10-05-2015, 22:35
Damn, I do feel bad for all the people who can't get it working. 5 of my friends all have the game and installed fine no problem (PS4). Not sure whether its related to internet connection, read/write speed of the hard drive used on the ps4. Could be a number of combinations. Hopefully what ever causing it gets looked into / fixed with the next patch. Maybe a progress indicator to inform the user what the game is actually doing in the background.

rileyy4
12-05-2015, 03:08
went and changed my disc over today, fingers crossed. am waiting for patch to download now. lets hope this is a fix or im getting my money back..

SL1DE
12-05-2015, 04:53
went and changed my disc over today, fingers crossed. am waiting for patch to download now. lets hope this is a fix or im getting my money back..

Let us know how it goes. Make sure you leave the system running for at least 40 minutes so the game can install without interruptions. Close the game and you should still hear the PS4 working hard.

rileyy4
12-05-2015, 05:27
SlL1DE, stupid question but what page should i leave it on? ive been just leaving it on the home screen of the game, should i be leaving it on the home screen on the ps4 instead?

EDIT: everything still locked after the race. not looking good.

ITS UNLOCKED!
ah my god.

i think it was the disc that i had that may of been faulty. i did have to leave this for around 40 minutes still, but i had left the other copy way longer than that. wish i had a solution for all others with this problem, but maybe theres faulty discs.

SL1DE
12-05-2015, 06:42
SlL1DE, stupid question but what page should i leave it on? ive been just leaving it on the home screen of the game, should i be leaving it on the home screen on the ps4 instead?

ITS UNLOCKED!
ah my god.

i think it was the disc that i had that may of been faulty. i did have to leave this for around 40 minutes still, but i had left the other copy way longer than that. wish i had a solution for all others with this problem, but maybe theres faulty discs.

Well I closed the game application and left it on the PS4 screen.

But I'm glad it's working for you now. it had to have been the disc.

Everyone who is having the same issue should exchange their disc, and be patient.

Padmod
12-05-2015, 06:55

ITS UNLOCKED!
ah my god.

Hooray!

DutchOvenGlove
12-05-2015, 13:39
Everyone who is having the same issue should exchange their disc, and be patient.

I appreciate you trying to help but I don't think changing the disc is the issue. Here's why: A friend of mine brought his copy over to play on my ps4 (I was still waiting for delivery of my copy) we tried it first on my Canadian PSN account (I live in Europe now) and everything bar the single dubai race was open. Thinking it was a region locking issue (some devs think this is acceptable) I tried on my second, european PSN account and everything worked (friend of mine never had these issues on his ps4, btw). However, yesterday my copy arrived and now I can't access anything on either account.

What's really weird is that not everyone is getting the issue (PS4s are pretty uniform) and different workarounds seem to be working for different people. Are there any devs out there able to confirm whether they have identified the issue?

DutchOvenGlove
12-05-2015, 15:15
I should probably add that I've added two of my friends' accounts to my PS4 and when launching MY game disc through their accounts I am taken to the 'select your level' screen and on to the full game, but when I use either of my accounts (NA & EU) I'm taken straight to the menu with everything locked.

r4psurf4ce
13-05-2015, 00:33

ITS UNLOCKED!
ah my god.

lucky you, i`ve been messing with every option listed here for a few hrs now and still haven`t got mine to work

Edit: waiting 30 mins and it just starting working. :D

SL1DE
13-05-2015, 03:01
I appreciate you trying to help but I don't think changing the disc is the issue. Here's why: A friend of mine brought his copy over to play on my ps4 (I was still waiting for delivery of my copy) we tried it first on my Canadian PSN account (I live in Europe now) and everything bar the single dubai race was open. Thinking it was a region locking issue (some devs think this is acceptable) I tried on my second, european PSN account and everything worked (friend of mine never had these issues on his ps4, btw). However, yesterday my copy arrived and now I can't access anything on either account.

What's really weird is that not everyone is getting the issue (PS4s are pretty uniform) and different workarounds seem to be working for different people. Are there any devs out there able to confirm whether they have identified the issue?

That's odd. Did you try deleting the data installed via your friends disc and reinstalling it from yours?

Then waiting 40 minutes because it takes that long to install...

MangledJellyfish
13-05-2015, 04:20
I had the same issue with my Disc even after installing the update before entering the game. The only thing I did was play a round of solo or quick weekend whatever wasn't unlocked. I did leave my PS4 to go to work and returned and setup career.

DutchOvenGlove
13-05-2015, 12:35
That's odd. Did you try deleting the data installed via your friends disc and reinstalling it from yours?

Then waiting 40 minutes because it takes that long to install...

Numerous times, with various accounts. I've had my PS4 switched on for the last 3 days waiting for this mysterious amount of time to lapse before everything is unlocked but nothing.

I first thought it was a region-locking issue as I was using an account where the game wasn't released yet (I was unable to watch Project Cars broadcasts last week because of this) but it should be working now and it isn't.

Padmod
13-05-2015, 13:02
Thought I'd just share my experience to compare it to what some people have been experiencing. My PS4 copy arrived today and immediately put the disc in the console which then started to download the Day 1 patch and install the game. The patch took around 40 minutes to download during which time I left my PS4 alone. After the patch had installed I restarted the console to connect my wheel. When I launched the game everything on the menu was unlocked from the get go, no messing around in solo race waiting for two hours, literally everything was available from the beginning.

What does this mean? Well it would appear the game takes approximately 40 minutes to install, and because of my slow download speed by the time I opened the game the installation had been completed. But that doesn't explain why some people are locked out for upwards of 12 hours. Personally I think this has something to do with the Day 1 patch not installing properly and then not being completely removed through the delete-game workaround method that seems to be so hit and miss. But who knows? Hopefully the devs can get to the bottom of this.

DutchOvenGlove
13-05-2015, 13:15
Thought I'd just share my experience to compare it to what some people have been experiencing. My PS4 copy arrived today and immediately put the disc in the console which then started to download the Day 1 patch and install the game. The patch took around 40 minutes to download during which time I left my PS4 alone. After the patch had installed I restarted the console to connect my wheel. When I launched the game everything on the menu was unlocked from the get go, no messing around in solo race waiting for two hours, literally everything was available from the beginning.

What does this mean? Well it would appear the game takes approximately 40 minutes to install, and because of my slow download speed by the time I opened the game the installation had been completed. But that doesn't explain why some people are locked out for upwards of 12 hours. Personally I think this has something to do with the Day 1 patch not installing properly and then not being completely removed through the delete-game workaround method that seems to be so hit and miss. But who knows? Hopefully the devs can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for sharing Padmod. I do think someone is wrong with the patch - the first time I inserted the disc the patch downloaded and installed itself in under 2 minutes which i thought was a bit quick for an 800MB file. Having deleted and downloaded again it does now take 40 minutes to download.

Last night I tried the game with my account on a friend's ps4 with his disc and was able to start a career (I thought the presence of a save file might force the unlocking) but it still doesn't show up on my ps4.

I would like to hear from someone at WMD about this. They seem quite active on the XBOX boards but I've not seen any comment on this issue.

JRish
13-05-2015, 17:35
I've had the same problem... inserted the game... watched the progress bar as the game 'installed'... then the game application began & it started downloading the patch (800+ megabytes)... once the patch downloaded & installed the game starts... I selected Amateur level & proceeded to the game intro. All that was available was Quick Race Weekend... Everything else is locked out. I then went to my storage settings & looked at the Project Cars app which took up about 20gb of storage (patch included). So I restarted the game application & everything was still locked. Frustrated I put the system in rest mode & went to sleep. This morning everything was still locked so I deleted & then re-installed the game & re-downloaded the patch & still nothing. So before I went to work, I turned the PS4 completely off & hoping that the hard reset of the PS4 will engage the patch & unlock everything. If that doesn't work, I really am at a loss for what to do next.

markpocock
13-05-2015, 18:08
I just got my copy today and encountered the exact same problem so reading what has put I did simply the following;

Delete data,
Delete game,
install game,
install patch,
wait on ps4 menu until drive goes quiet (30 minutes or so)
Try the game and all working

JRish
13-05-2015, 18:31
This may sound like a silly question - how do you stay on the ps4 menu without the PS4 automatically loading up the game application once it installs? Is there a settings function to stop the PS4 from doing that?

Thanks!

I just got my copy today and encountered the exact same problem so reading what has put I did simply the following;

Delete data,
Delete game,
install game,
install patch,
wait on ps4 menu until drive goes quiet (30 minutes or so)
Try the game and all working

Dude84
14-05-2015, 03:01
I have done all these steps several times and left thenps4 running for hours without a bit of success. What next?

SL1DE
14-05-2015, 03:57
This may sound like a silly question - how do you stay on the ps4 menu without the PS4 automatically loading up the game application once it installs? Is there a settings function to stop the PS4 from doing that?

Thanks!

Mine doesn't automatically open the game? If you click on the patch to install THAT, it does, but I suggest doing that last. Wait for the game to install first, because the patch would overwrite game data, so if you install it patch first, it's possible that the game installation will overwrite that and glitch, maybe... I don't know. I suggest doing the patch last, once the PS4 has stopped loading the disc.

But if it does open just close the application and sit at the PS4 menu. (Hold PS button and select "Close Application")

JRish
14-05-2015, 16:44
Mine doesn't automatically open the game? If you click on the patch to install THAT, it does, but I suggest doing that last. Wait for the game to install first, because the patch would overwrite game data, so if you install it patch first, it's possible that the game installation will overwrite that and glitch, maybe... I don't know. I suggest doing the patch last, once the PS4 has stopped loading the disc.

But if it does open just close the application and sit at the PS4 menu. (Hold PS button and select "Close Application")

Thanks Sl1de!

Ok! I got it to work... this is the process I went through...

1) Renew Licenses for PSN Network
2) Delete all Project Cars Game Data
3) Disconnect PS4 from Network Connection
4) Install game data
5) Connect back to Network
6) Download & Install Day 1 Patch (Your total game data w. patch should be 20.45 gb)
7) Restart PS4

Once I went through those steps, everything unlocked as it should.

Hope this helps anyone else having this problem.

thewongandonly
04-06-2015, 13:22
I have the same problem. Will try this out. Thnx, JRish.

thewongandonly
04-06-2015, 19:46
Didn't work for me. Now trying again, this time deleting the save games as well before installing again. If this still doesn't work, then I will try steps 1-4 (and deleting saves games as well) and afterwards start the game and choosing skill level then steps 5-7. If this still doesn't work, I have tried all the "solutions" I read online and will give up.
Jeezzz. Never had such problems starting a game... Also bad support from SMS regarding this case. Never mind the bugs if you can't even start the game...

HarryHoodlum
04-06-2015, 19:54
Got to click "NEW" underneath.

Same thing has happened to nearly everyone. It's a bit confusing in this age of handholding in games.

thewongandonly
04-06-2015, 20:07
It isn't available! It is locked as well....

LukeC
04-06-2015, 22:59
Thanks for sharing Padmod. I do think someone is wrong with the patch - the first time I inserted the disc the patch downloaded and installed itself in under 2 minutes which i thought was a bit quick for an 800MB file. Having deleted and downloaded again it does now take 40 minutes to download.

Last night I tried the game with my account on a friend's ps4 with his disc and was able to start a career (I thought the presence of a save file might force the unlocking) but it still doesn't show up on my ps4.

I would like to hear from someone at WMD about this. They seem quite active on the XBOX boards but I've not seen any comment on this issue.

When you first get the game it quickly installs a small portion of it that you can play as it installs the rest in the background. Once the full content is installed everything else automatically unlocks. The fact that it doesn't for some people is a mystery, but it's as if some bug is either preventing a full download or something is preventing the console from recognising a full download. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the day one patch, as when I got my copy of PC the Internet was down and I was still able to access the full game (except online) within a very short time at 10 am. I finally managed to install the day one patch at around six o'clock in the evening and it made no difference. The only thing I noticed was the online portions of the game unlocking when the Internet started to work again.

Synaesthetica
09-06-2015, 23:39
EDIT: After waiting another hour, and watching some completely unrelated YouTube videos and switching back to project cars, the game finally gave me the option to make a driver.

** IMO the issue is almost certainly due to some kind of laggy initial registration process with their servers. Seems like the only way to fix this is to just wait a while with the game updated in the drive either running or not. Mine started working as it was running in the background. Hope anyone having this problem is able to get it working sooner rather than later.

_______

Original Post:

Every single option is locked apart from quick race mode. Create a racer option? Nah, that's locked too.

http://i.imgur.com/XwxS79r.jpg?1
(Clarification Photo)

As of now I've spent over two hours troubleshooting this:

I've deleted all game files entirely and reinstalled three times, (once offline). To no avail.
I've tried playing on another PSN active account on my Playstation.
I've restarted my playstation probably seven or eight times now.
I've let the PS4 sit untouched and connected to the internet with the game active for an hour, still to no avail.

Is the only remaining option to wait it out? Is this a joke? This bug is so comical that it's as if the developers did it entirely to strike anger into the hearts of their paying customers.

Please excuse my aggravated tone. Please, just let me use the product I just paid you handsomely for.

Paulo Mello
11-06-2015, 04:10
Same problem here...Tryed everything (uninstall, re-install, turn off...turn on, restart, re-patch) without success...its all locked ever...ever...ever! (I'm in Brazil, the physical media of the game distributed here in Brazil have the same problems, all locked on game menu)

I will return the game to store and try refund or change for another title, cause Project CARS doesn't work and its a bad issue on physical media version of the game.

Sony and/or game developers must give us an explain or some manifestation about this issue, cause the game really doesn't work.

Bealdor
11-06-2015, 06:30
Same problem here...Tryed everything (uninstall, re-install, turn off...turn on, restart, re-patch) without success...its all locked ever...ever...ever! (I'm in Brazil, the physical media of the game distributed here in Brazil have the same problems, all locked on game menu)

I will return the game to store and try refund or change for another title, cause Project CARS doesn't work and its a bad issue on physical media version of the game.

Sony and/or game developers must give us an explain or some manifestation about this issue, cause the game really doesn't work.

Please try this and report back if it worked for you:

It works!

I followed these steps (not guaranteed that it'll work for you):

1. Delete project Cars
2. Delete application data on your hard disk.
3. Delete application data online
4. Delete graphics "Project Cars"
5. Disconnect the internet.
6. Restart your PlayStation.
7. Make sure the disc doesn't contain fingerprints.
8. Install project cars.
9. Reconnect the internet.
10. Than wait that the update is completely installed.

Paulo Mello
11-06-2015, 15:23
Please try this and report back if it worked for you:

Not work...all still locked!

Seens to be a fault disc, corruption data on disc, like a manufacture problems, or server comunication / registration game data problems lag or data error, or something like it. This problem occours only in PS4 bluray version of the game, PC and Xbox one runs fine without any problems.

The developers must give us explanations about this very bad issue on PS4 version!

Paulo Mello
13-06-2015, 06:00
Some messagens with error codes appears on game launch:

data corruption/bad instalation, unable to read the disc - disc damaged or dirty, unable to launch aplicaiton...thats it.

Seens to be a manufacturer problem with a batch of discs with bad or corrupted data, cause I'm return my disc to the store and they opened another box to take a new disc and put on another PS4 console, and the same error again, so I think that a batch of discs with problems or some bug on physical media version of the game with PS4.
By the way I'm change my Project Cars by another title that runs fine...unfortunately my Project CARS game disc really doesn't runs in my PS4 console, after hours with disc in drive, all still locked, so my choice was change the game by another title.

If you dont want problems, buy digital version of the game at PSN.

MonoBarrientos
13-06-2015, 07:09
In my first day with the game, seems all normal but:
HUD changes no saves correctly, ..ok, no great thing....but after some races with normal control response, control became absolutly crazy without reason and the game turns non playable...

OK, delete all data, download the PATCH....and now my problem is: GAME IS LOCKED.

only a dubai´s race is available, control response returns to normality, but all is locked.

first time i see a game with so bizarre and severe problems.
In my opinion, only left stop to play......and wait some months for new patch. Current status is: BETA VERSION
$85 for a beta version, a not finished game.
His problems are not "details"; are really big mistakes

MonoBarrientos
13-06-2015, 07:11
The developers must give us explanations about this very bad issue on PS4 version!
I think the same

MonoBarrientos
13-06-2015, 07:16
I delete all includes the patch, install 2 times....and the problem persists.

Bizzo
17-06-2015, 08:17
Same issue is being experienced here with me. I purchased the ‘Project Cars Limited Edition’ version on disc a little over a month ago, and everything on the home screen is locked with the exception of ‘Quick Race Weekend.’ As much as I love racing the P30 LMP1 around the Dubai Autodrome, it does become a little tired after about the 300th minute.

I’ve tried just about everything over the past 5 weeks to get this game up and running and all to no avail. I had hoped that the recently released 1.4 Patch may have addressed this issue, as patches on other versions have “fixes for the highest priority issues identified by the community.” However, I’ve come to the sad realisation that I have purchased a glorified ‘Project Cars Limited Edition’ Demo Disc, with the only recourse to burn Project Cars away from my memory and pretend this game never existed.

Sankyo
17-06-2015, 08:26
Same issue is being experienced here with me. I purchased the ‘Project Cars Limited Edition’ version on disc a little over a month ago, and everything on the home screen is locked with the exception of ‘Quick Race Weekend.’ As much as I love racing the P30 LMP1 around the Dubai Autodrome, it does become a little tired after about the 300th minute.

I’ve tried just about everything over the past 5 weeks to get this game up and running and all to no avail. I had hoped that the recently released 1.4 Patch may have addressed this issue, as patches on other versions have “fixes for the highest priority issues identified by the community.” However, I’ve come to the sad realisation that I have purchased a glorified ‘Project Cars Limited Edition’ Demo Disc, with the only recourse to burn Project Cars away from my memory and pretend this game never existed.
Some unfortunate persistent issue on your end it seems. Are you sure it has really updated? What's the size of your pCARS installation?

Bizzo
17-06-2015, 08:34
Some unfortunate persistent issue on your end it seems. Are you sure it has really updated? What's the size of your pCARS installation?

I have version 1.04 and the size of Project Cars on my PS4 is 20.15 Gb.

Alanh087
25-06-2015, 16:02
I have version 1.04 and the size of Project Cars on my PS4 is 20.15 Gb.

I have the aame apecs and i have installed the patch which automaticly download when i put te game in, i have had my ps4 on for about an hour and still no luck and looking at this forum i have only had the game today n may get rid of it as it sounds like its more hassle than its worth.

Im going to leave my ps4 on overnight and if
No joy i will be banging the game On ebay as ive tried all the other steps.