PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! Community Livery Pack #1 is now live!

Rob Prange
08-05-2015, 15:24
As part of our continued dedication to the community, Project CARS players can now download the first in a set of free packs containing vehicle liveries created by YOU, the gamers!

This first pack contains not only bold, creative designs and homages to iconic real-life liveries but also an accurate recreation of Deadmau5' livery for his BAC Mono...

For more info, check out the story on the Project CARS website! (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/surprise-community-livery-pack-1-is-now-live)

Growlmon
08-05-2015, 17:21
Whoo, free content for a game that we already paid our money for! So rare in the present-day gaming industry.

MATT PASTRAMNI
08-05-2015, 20:45
Any pictures of these designs? That link on the website only shows an image of Dedmau's BAC Mono...

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 20:52
Whoo, free content for a game that we already paid our money for! So rare in the present-day gaming industry.

SMS is not the regular gaming industry you might know... This is just the tip of the Iceberg!

Awesome announcement Rob. I did not know that this will come so soon actually! :)

juankyskys
08-05-2015, 21:17
Sorry, but i donīt know where to download livery pack on Steam...:confused:

RacingTopsy
08-05-2015, 21:31
It should have been included in the latest patch as far as I know. :)

Elmo
08-05-2015, 21:34
It should have been included in the latest patch as far as I know. :)

It was included in yesterdays 1.2 patch :)

Not Available
08-05-2015, 21:48
Any pictures of these designs? That link on the website only shows an image of Dedmau's BAC Mono...
Oh god. Hope none of my failed liveries made it....

Diluvian
08-05-2015, 21:53
Nice news, but do I really have to search myself what liveries are new? :beguiled: Pls post a picture of that liveries (especially in the news-post)

knotme
08-05-2015, 23:29
custom livery by the community? then WHERE is the 'official' skin templates? saw in another thread here that the 'official' template releases are not available yet (printed in RED) so these are just skins done during the development and beta testing? sure would love to do my own 'racing team' livery. cheers

sagedavid
08-05-2015, 23:49
As part of our continued dedication to the community, Project CARS players can now download the first in a set of free packs containing vehicle liveries created by YOU, the gamers!

This first pack contains not only bold, creative designs and homages to iconic real-life liveries but also an accurate recreation of Deadmau5' livery for his BAC Mono...

For more info, check out the story on the Project CARS website! (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/surprise-community-livery-pack-1-is-now-live)

I would like to "like", but I don't know how ...

Jan Studenski
08-05-2015, 23:50

Would be nice to have a list of which one got added so i can admire them :D (also on the Public Website) !

Thank you for the awesome surprise!

Patrik Marek
09-05-2015, 01:58
custom livery by the community? then WHERE is the 'official' skin templates? saw in another thread here that the 'official' template releases are not available yet (printed in RED) so these are just skins done during the development and beta testing? sure would love to do my own 'racing team' livery. cheers

templates are actual "source" files with overlayed wireframe used for painting, so that you know what are you painting
these are additioan skins/liveries for your cars

Not Available
09-05-2015, 02:07
Project CARS -> The Paint Shop - Car Painting & Designs -> PAINT TEMPLATE DOWNLOADS -> Select wireframe + sticker set you want to download
Photoshop/GIMP it.
Save as DDS, DX1
and yeah, the usual.
**temp post till mods can fix my moderated post**

Add-on: also no prelight. No need to do that with such an awesome engine. XD

CRMohiuddin
09-05-2015, 03:28
No pictures there. Waiting to get more info!

Kamikaze_Urmel
09-05-2015, 10:35
Oh god. Hope none of my failed liveries made it....

They were not available

*ba dum tss*

:p

Blackcelica
09-05-2015, 14:54
How do you change to these liveries in game, can't find the option in my garage.

Rudee
11-05-2015, 07:06
How do you change to these liveries in game, can't find the option in my garage.

In the Garage, click on 'Select Car' then select the vehicle class, then vehicle manufacturer, you'll then see the vehicle models for that manufacturer. Then just click on the car and you'll see left and right arrows which cycles through the liveries for that vehicle.

Blackcelica
11-05-2015, 09:06
In the Garage, click on 'Select Car' then select the vehicle class, then vehicle manufacturer, you'll then see the vehicle models for that manufacturer. Then just click on the car and you'll see left and right arrows which cycles through the liveries for that vehicle.
Thanks, I can't believe I missed that..

NemethR
11-05-2015, 13:43
Is it just me who does not find new liveries for cars?!

Hell, in early build there were MORE liveries, for example the McLaren GT3 has a KPAX livery, it does not have it now... was looking forward for that one :(

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 13:45
The Mclaren GT3 Liverys where reduced because of licensing Problems with McLaren...

NemethR
11-05-2015, 14:49
The Mclaren GT3 Liverys where reduced because of licensing Problems with McLaren...

Sorry I do not see the point, McLaren has nothing to do with liveries of private teams.

Rapster
11-05-2015, 16:33
Sorry I do not see the point, McLaren has nothing to do with liveries of private teams.

It does if you put it on their car.

They licence the use of their car in-game and they can say what they want, or not want, to be seen on it.

twistedvaccine
12-05-2015, 13:42

PC only im guessing?

wilf
12-05-2015, 18:59
PC only im guessing?

"The Project CARS Community Livery Pack #1 can be downloaded from the online stores on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One."

twistedvaccine
13-05-2015, 11:34
"The Project CARS Community Livery Pack #1 can be downloaded from the online stores on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One."

Sweeeet thank you sir :)

Lucifer_187
14-05-2015, 08:32
Couldnt find in Psn? Just one relase yet -- Lycan Sportswagen

Did i miss some tho?

fenster24
14-05-2015, 14:41
I just downloaded it for Xbox One. Thank you so much for including this pack on consoles! I was not expecting that. :D

Alan Dallas
15-05-2015, 07:49
Besides the Deadmau5 livery here's one of the others in the Community Livery Pack that was included. Created by ME by the way. :p

Screen shot created 12 Dec 2014

ImStylinOnYaBro
15-05-2015, 07:58
I went ahead and dl'd this. problem is, how do i know what liveries are actually from this dlc?

Robert Cram
15-05-2015, 14:59
Ok fellas seeing the anguish in this thread I made a video to show off what I believe to be the liveries included in the pack which includes Alan Dallas' great looking job he posted above so I must be on the right track (pun intended). I can't find one of the Mercedes cars in my PS4 game and if there are more I've missed then apologies...

http://youtu.be/ukKsDFyG1vk

Alan Dallas
15-05-2015, 16:42
There should be a total of 10 included in the Livery pack on 10 different cars. Playstation Store has shots of them here (https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/lackierungspack-1/cid=EP0700-CUSA00940_00-000000LIVERIES01?smcid=pdc:us-en:pdc-games-detail-project-cars-ps4:leadproductinfo-buy-download:project-cars-ps4-playstation:up0700-cusa01338_00-b000000000001611).

They should also be the last livery before you click over to Custom(for PC) or Random(Consoles).

ImStylinOnYaBro
15-05-2015, 18:42
There should be a total of 10 included in the Livery pack on 10 different cars. Playstation Store has shots of them here (https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/lackierungspack-1/cid=EP0700-CUSA00940_00-000000LIVERIES01?smcid=pdc:us-en:pdc-games-detail-project-cars-ps4:leadproductinfo-buy-download:project-cars-ps4-playstation:up0700-cusa01338_00-b000000000001611).

They should also be the last livery before you click over to Custom(for PC) or Random(Consoles).
thanks very much for the link! Those are some swell designs. I wasn't aware that lotus f1 like livery was custom, i believe i saw that on the rwd p30 whenbrowsing the liveries.

Gimpymoo
17-05-2015, 16:47
When will we have the ability to create our own and for others to see them when online?

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 08:40
Ok fellas seeing the anguish in this thread I made a video to show off what I believe to be the liveries included in the pack which includes Alan Dallas' great looking job he posted above so I must be on the right track (pun intended). I can't find one of the Mercedes cars in my PS4 game and if there are more I've missed then apologies...

Good post and realy nice liveries!

Oliver Rademacher
19-05-2015, 13:26
Hi dudes in public forums - and welcome to pcars!

@ WMD when will follow the next LiveryPacks? ^^

Best regards, Oliver

BionicBacon
23-05-2015, 07:32
Project CARS -> The Paint Shop - Car Painting & Designs -> PAINT TEMPLATE DOWNLOADS -> Select wireframe + sticker set you want to download
Photoshop/GIMP it.
Save as DDS, DX1
and yeah, the usual.
**temp post till mods can fix my moderated post**

Add-on: also no prelight. No need to do that with such an awesome engine. XD

Is there a way to save chosen livery to selected car? Seems to always return to random whenever I come back to a previously selected livery. Cheers, m8s!

Gordon
23-05-2015, 09:30
Is there a way to save chosen livery to selected car?

Not as far as I'm aware. I'd like to see this happen too. :)

SwaggerJacker
24-05-2015, 09:45
Is there a way to save chosen livery to selected car? Seems to always return to random whenever I come back to a previously selected livery. Cheers, m8s!

Does anyone have an answer? I was told click the green button in the garage, and or hit enter after selecting the livery I want. Neither works. Makes no sense, really.

MoickMoney
24-05-2015, 19:17
Does anyone have an answer? I was told click the green button in the garage, and or hit enter after selecting the livery I want. Neither works. Makes no sense, really.

What i do is once you select the livery, and return to the car selection screen, instead of hitting x to select i press circle and go back instead. It seems as if selecting with x automatically resets the livery to a random option or something, but going back once you've chosen the scheme seems to keep what you picked. Not sure what system you're using but this works for me everytime on the ps4.

*EDIT* Just noticed in your name that you're on PC, hopefully this works on there as well!

Ryno917
25-05-2015, 18:29
On PC, click the car name above the livery name. That's what I've always done to secure my livery selection.

evanzo7
26-05-2015, 15:02

That Marek LMP2 wins in this one for me, excellent design!
Not taking anything away from the others, they are all great but the Marek wins for me!

k.merse
02-06-2015, 18:19
The best thing about it is that it gets downloaded right when it becomes available :)