PDA

View Full Version : Custom Liveries online

Spiderx
08-05-2015, 15:27
Never got an answer to this, are people able to see custom liveries online ? if not will they in a near future ?

Thanks
Lino

Andjem
08-05-2015, 15:41
AFAIK custom liveries will only appear on your local machine, and not be viewable to other players online

Chanur
08-05-2015, 16:26
AFAIK custom liveries will only appear on your local machine, and not be viewable to other players online

how to download Andjem steam say dont are more dlc to download...:apologetic:

THX

Alan Dallas
08-05-2015, 16:31
how to download Andjem steam say dont are more dlc to download...:apologetic:

THX
Adding Custom liveries are added by following the instructions in the FAQ in this sub forum.
See first post in this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21857-Vehicle-custom-liveries-How-to-FAQ

Chanur
08-05-2015, 16:38
Adding Custom liveries are added by following the instructions in the FAQ in this sub forum.
See first post in this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21857-Vehicle-custom-liveries-How-to-FAQ

Thx Alan but in PCars main page say:

¨Surprise! Community Livery Pack #1 is now live!¨

¨The Project CARS Community Livery Pack #1 can be downloaded from the online stores on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.¨

in steam for the moment i dont see any pack...:confused:

Yeratel84
08-05-2015, 16:56
Thx Alan but in PCars main page say:

¨Surprise! Community Livery Pack #1 is now live!¨

¨The Project CARS Community Livery Pack #1 can be downloaded from the online stores on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.¨

in steam for the moment i dont see any pack...:confused:

It was included in patch 1.2 (18mb in size), released Thursday. You most certainly already have it...

Chanur
08-05-2015, 18:45
It was included in patch 1.2 (18mb in size), released Thursday. You most certainly already have it...

wow sorry

my fault

thx Yeratel84:yes:

Marimbakat
09-05-2015, 15:32
I'm pretty sure when we get the PS4 version on the 12th that the patch will include the liveries, but is there a way to submit liveries for future DLCs to be released for all platforms?

terror
16-05-2015, 09:44
Sorry for my bad english.
Bud how can i put more skins for 1 car on the game.
i have 1 livery bud i want more in the game to see dis

Siberian Tiger
16-05-2015, 09:52
At the Moment only 1 Costum Liveries per Car is possible...

Something for a Future Addition, after the Major Bug's will be ironed out ;)

terror
16-05-2015, 14:46
Oke thnx for the feedback.
I hope it wil come fery soon

aragont
28-06-2015, 17:05
When can share us our skins with our team is them even by running(driving) all together? Rather than to make of the rally finished pcars has bottom.

The British 1st
30-06-2015, 14:22
When will the Xbox One version of Project Cars get a paint shop/or any kind of painting system ? Fallout 4 lets you transfer mods from the PC to Xbox One so why not for paints ?

Alan Dallas
01-07-2015, 04:25
When will the Xbox One version of Project Cars get a paint shop/or any kind of painting system ?

It won't. Not planned for pCARS1.

Ralph B
01-07-2015, 14:54
Back to the inital post of spiderx.
Ok, custom liveries appear only on your own PC. But what do other users see when playing online with a custom skinned car? Do they see a randomly choosen livery from those implemented ingame? Or do they see the generic default skin (meaning the template)? Or do they see only a untextured car colored like the 3d model itself?

Maybe OT in this thread, but what is with cars from addon packs? Some might not have installed them, but run in the same class like the DLC-car? What do those users see, when they don't have installed that DLC-car? A randomly choosen car from the asic-content? Some kind of placeholder?

Umer Ahmad
01-07-2015, 15:23
Back to the inital post of spiderx.
Ok, custom liveries appear only on your own PC. But what do other users see when playing online with a custom skinned car? Do they see a randomly choosen livery from those implemented ingame? Or do they see the generic default skin (meaning the template)? Or do they see only a untextured car colored like the 3d model itself?

Maybe OT in this thread, but what is with cars from addon packs? Some might not have installed them, but run in the same class like the DLC-car? What do those users see, when they don't have installed that DLC-car? A randomly choosen car from the asic-content? Some kind of placeholder?

iirc, every users have ALL the cars on their disk. Those who pay get it enabled. So if an opponent drives a car you didn't pay for you will still the car he specifically chose on-track. This is not an issue.

Custom skins is different because now you're talking about something on your friends disk that is not on YOUR disk. I don't know the exact answer for this.

Henrique Clausing
01-07-2015, 16:11
One sugestion, maybe not for pCars1 but for pCars2:

I believe that a fast/easy solution is creating sub directories for each livery inside \CustomLiveries\ folder.

Example:

\CustomLiveries\BmwZ4\MyLivery\<all dds files>...
\CustomLiveries\BmwZ4\Friend1Livery\<all dds files>...
\CustomLiveries\BmwZ4\Friend2Livery\<all dds files>...

The game engine will read every sub-folder by requested car to load. With this, there are 'N' liveries per car, so, you can view your friend driving with his livery if you have into your \CustomLiveries folder. The livery "ID" ou "Primary Key" will be the folder name.

NOTE: Just an initial ideia. Discard it if not good. I'm just trying to help.

Ralph B
01-07-2015, 16:38
iirc, every users have ALL the cars on their disk. Those who pay get it enabled. So if an opponent drives a car you didn't pay for you will still the car he specifically chose on-track. This is not an issue.

Custom skins is different because now you're talking about something on your friends disk that is not on YOUR disk. I don't know the exact answer for this.

Thanks for quick answer. Makes sense. Was just wondering how pCars handels the compatibility between several carpacks online. Still curious, what others see when I'm using a custom skin. One of my assumptions was, that pCars eventually can read out my custom skin folder and store the related texturefiles in some kind of cache, so that others can see them in an online event. If not, maybe something like that would be an idea for pCars2.

Alan Dallas
01-07-2015, 20:05
Currently if you choose Custom Livery when selecting a Car in Multiplayer it shows a Random Livery to the other players in the session.

We're still waiting for Steam Workshop integration to enable Custom Liveries in multiplayer sessions. The idea is that Steam Workshop would hold your Custom Livery so others could get it automatically and see it in an online session. Or at least that's what was discussed on WMD forums.

aragont
05-07-2015, 18:47
Yes because played there team, best it is to be able to ran(drove) with our clean(appropriate) skins

aragont
07-07-2015, 10:57
Henrique Clausing he(she,it) do not work on Pcars 1, me personally Pcars 2 I me in madman, because time(weather) which 1 did not finish, 2 has none in was in hiding.

Henrique Clausing
07-07-2015, 13:01
Henrique Clausing he(she,it) do not work on Pcars 1, me personally Pcars 2 I me in madman, because time(weather) which 1 did not finish, 2 has none in was in hiding.

He... please.

I know it don't work. It's just na idea for devs.

Neil Bateman
07-07-2015, 13:25
Currently if you choose Custom Livery when selecting a Car in Multiplayer it shows a Random Livery to the other players in the session.

We're still waiting for Steam Workshop integration to enable Custom Liveries in multiplayer sessions. The idea is that Steam Workshop would hold your Custom Livery so others could get it automatically and see it in an online session. Or at least that's what was discussed on WMD forums.

Not sure about that, i see the white blank car you see in the garage if you dont put a custom livery on it, the file name stays the same whether you put a livery on it or not, if you put a livery on it and use it to race online the game will automaticaly load the custom livery file and the other players see whatever skin they have on there custom livery.

NaRP
09-07-2015, 05:22
i tested to send my dds file to a friend, and played together. But both personal livery were in white color without lines or details.

Henrique Clausing
10-07-2015, 22:20
NaRP (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?96801-NaRP), try do call for you friend to rename your livery file: Change the sufix "_PLAYER.dds" to "_AI.dds". I have seen something related to this on painting tutorial from WMD Forums. Player car uses one DDS (*_PLAYER.DDS) and AI cars uses another (*_AI.DDS)

Darren O'Brien
28-07-2015, 01:03

Correct me if Im Wrong... But this is how iRacing sort of works with Custom skins ?
It would be good is Custom Liveries can be put into MP for all to see and not just a plain wireframe.

Also a Showroom so you can quickly look at WIP Liveries without having to launch the Game to the garage.

leon1772
31-07-2015, 11:10
But integration to enable custon liveries in multiplayer sessions already existed in the beta .Assetto Corsa Why not this problem?

I just hope that will soon settle sms is problem .

xautos
10-08-2015, 11:17
years ago i used to be the supermod for a forum, small time group of racers, i also happen to be the last one in charge of the sim group before it fell mostly because this one racer had dominated everything, not kidding, he was miles faster and won every race barring the occasional mechanical problem hitting the car, only happened 3 times.

because of that im the one who holds the right to that name and liveries in a gentlemans agreement. anyways, im trying to get together a free video capture software for pcars adventures on one hand without these silly restrictions and massive watermarks. on the other side i wanna paint some cars with the team liveries from back in 2004, helmet colors which i still rmemeber a few of them, give them their names and the drivers involved in a custom championship, but for now posting the liveries would be nice until these other aspects can be expanded on.

i guess im gonna think on it some more.

STATIC13
10-08-2015, 22:56
I am asking myself this same question right now. It's obvious that pcars has no system as of yet to transfer custom skins to other people online. From the file structure as I see it you can only get 1 custom skin to load for yourself in the place of Player skin. What I want to know is if it is possible to make a skin pack that everyone involved can install locally to be able to see eachothers skins in a league environment. This would be a very simple thing to do but I'm guessing that it's not possible right now.

artao
21-09-2015, 19:01
Wondering what the progress is on custom skins in multi-player.
Honestly, I don't really see the point in using a custom skin just for solo-play. To me, custom skins are for online play.

miro7819
24-09-2015, 18:40
I play in a gt3 championship ! we are 30 with 8 differents cars, We all avec made skins but .... only one per car can use it ... what a shame of having a great tool which we cant use at a 100%!

Mister ian bell please is it going to happen one day ? or is it waist of time doing custom livery ?

artao
02-10-2015, 13:18
*bump*

Gibbon
07-10-2015, 19:48
Ah well, Team Anusol will have to stay in my garage.

Shame, there was always a certain satisfaction in knowing people were chasing a ghost covered in soothing, cooling goodness.

And now I have photoshop and don't have to painfully construct it in the forza livery editor it would have been nice. The blue and white worked well together. Though getting it to let me put "anus" on the side of a car was a challenge.

Gibbon

leon1772
10-11-2015, 14:55
After six month...we still don't have custom livery online....
When we will have it?
Please don't tell me soon...This feature was available in the BETA, so i think it will not be complicate for you (SMS) to implement....

Mahjik
10-11-2015, 17:17
This feature was available in the BETA, so i think it will not be complicate for you (SMS) to implement....

You must be confused as this was not in the alpha versions WMD members tested.

leon1772
12-11-2015, 12:37
You must be confused as this was not in the alpha versions WMD members tested.

I confirm, in the beta the custom livery was available....

Bealdor
12-11-2015, 12:45

It was the same as it is now. If another player chooses a custom livery you will see him in "your" custom livery (the one you have saved). IIRC it was never different.

Mahjik
13-11-2015, 02:01

I can confirm you are wrong.. ;)

hillcrest34
15-12-2015, 10:03
So will custom liveries online ever be coming? Or is it pretty much a dead end? I really want to get painting and there are a lot of paints i've done on other sim's I want to transfer over but if there's not going to be custom liveries online I don't really see a point

gp20
23-12-2015, 07:23
Why only 1 custom livery?
It should not be difficult to add as many as you want.

Alan Dallas
25-12-2015, 03:01
Why only 1 custom livery?
It should not be difficult to add as many as you want.

The Livery slots are controlled by an XML embedded in one of the compressed game files. Only 1 slot in the array is looking for CAR_NAME_LIVERY_PLAYER to be available(for those cars that have a Custom livery slot). They would need to add additional entries in the XML array looking for enumerated files like LIVERY_PLAYER1, LIVERY_PLAYER2, etc etc.

gp20
25-12-2015, 06:22
Ok, i small application could easily do that each time you add a new livery if this xml file was "public".

artao
22-01-2016, 00:27
*bump*

artao
24-01-2016, 23:55
What ever happened to Steam Workshop integration to allow custom skins in multi-player? Have SMS abandoned that idea as well because it's "too hard"?

thomasjohansen
07-02-2016, 00:45
another missing feature other sims do have.... (LFS developed by two persons)

Shadowoff
07-02-2016, 12:46
The Livery slots are controlled by an XML embedded in one of the compressed game files. Only 1 slot in the array is looking for CAR_NAME_LIVERY_PLAYER to be available(for those cars that have a Custom livery slot). They would need to add additional entries in the XML array looking for enumerated files like LIVERY_PLAYER1, LIVERY_PLAYER2, etc etc.

Come on... One modder (Crowtrobot) got it done and SMS not? You serious? Seems like it it possible... It might be hard to do this, but if this feature would be in pCars 2, I would buy it to 100% ;)

Alan Dallas
22-02-2016, 05:27
Come on... One modder (Crowtrobot) got it done and SMS not? You serious? Seems like it it possible... It might be hard to do this, but if this feature would be in pCars 2, I would buy it to 100% ;)

Yes. Essentially they would need to add a tool in the game that allows the players to specify which folder contains additional liveries and to which cars they belong. Then append that list to the official livery list. Kind of like Crows mod tool does. If it was done that way then we wouldn't need to run with unpacked Livery data files. Only the custom liveries would be run unpacked. Or if they did like SCS does with it's mod files in ETS2 and ATS, they allow custom files to be packed in a RAR file format for reading so less space is used. Then using the same method above from ingame you would only need to identify the location of the custom livery RAR file.

I suppose I don't need to point out that would be a form of Mod Support, which SMS has already stated they will not be doing. But on the other hand won't stop others from doing. :)

Krambolage
16-03-2016, 13:19
Yes. Essentially they would need to add a tool in the game that allows the players to specify which folder contains additional liveries and to which cars they belong. Then append that list to the official livery list. Kind of like Crows mod tool does. If it was done that way then we wouldn't need to run with unpacked Livery data files. Only the custom liveries would be run unpacked. Or if they did like SCS does with it's mod files in ETS2 and ATS, they allow custom files to be packed in a RAR file format for reading so less space is used. Then using the same method above from ingame you would only need to identify the location of the custom livery RAR file.

I suppose I don't need to point out that would be a form of Mod Support, which SMS has already stated they will not be doing. But on the other hand won't stop others from doing. :)

Hi Alan,

I made some text of your bold and would like to make sure I understood cerrectly :
Do you mean that the game would make a huuuuuge list of every existing liveries available on some sort of server ?
I'm confused (english isn't my primary)

The way I see it is a race is one room in which players have an id.
As the player enters the session,
- his custom livery's packed and sent (either centralized on the svr or P2P to every one, SMS choose your "security" way)
- he receives other liveries on his own machine
Roughly, a 4096 DDS texture = 10MB, it weighs only ~300K after 7Z does it job.
Moreover, players usually entering one by one alleviates a bit network load. Well the load rises as more players already are in the session.
BTW, say there are eventually 30 players racing, the last player would receive 29*300 KB data = 8.7 MB (others livery), which does not take long to DL nowadays, and send 29* 300KB = .... 8.7MB (his own livery to other players, in a server delivery style), which is okay imho, or merely 300K (in a P2P way).
When the session's over, or the player leaves it, rip them off from memory/hard drives, as they aren't needed anymore.

That way, no need to use one dedicated server (which is what I understood from your post).

edit : forgot to say that SMS not doing it is soooo disappointing :-/

Pigmachine
20-05-2016, 15:50
I'd actually like to more or less bump this one, as I just started playing around with skinning on this one, just to see how my GTA V 'EVO' would look in Pcars.
But not sure if it's even worth continuing a small 'for fun' project, if not even the only RL-friend I have that plays Pcars can see it, without having to delete/replace his files, with mine.
Are the CrowT way the only way? do I risk VAC-ban for such a minor thing as changing a skin on my EVO?

Just started it (the GTA-EVO IX try) not at all done yet! And will continue, since I mostly drive alone anyway...