PDA

View Full Version : Disc version - Help!!

mattsutt0n
08-05-2015, 15:42
I know this has been asked already, but I've just spent the last 4 hours trying to figure this out and got absolutely nowhere. I am having the same problem with everything being locked, I have tried every possible solution I've read to get it to unlock anything other than the one car, one track solo mode but nothing is working.

I have also re-installed the day one patch 4 times and still nothing (and on my rubbish broadband connection each download takes about 45 minutes!)

I don't know what else to do?! Can someone offer any sort of help??

To clarify, this is for the physical ps4 disc version of the game, not downloaded from psn

Matt

Max Kelly
08-05-2015, 15:47
you are sure the installation is complete?
it takes several minutes.

mattsutt0n
08-05-2015, 15:50
When I go to install the game I just put the disc in the ps4, it installs, starts the download, the download finishes, it comes up with "installing update" for a few seconds, then the game starts, I don't touch the controller at any point in case I mess something up! I just let it do it's thing until it goes to the main menu, with everything still locked :(

Max Kelly
08-05-2015, 15:51
You have created a new driver?

djmky
08-05-2015, 15:55
When I go to install the game I just put the disc in the ps4, it installs, starts the download, the download finishes, it comes up with "installing update" for a few seconds, then the game starts, I don't touch the controller at any point in case I mess something up! I just let it do it's thing until it goes to the main menu, with everything still locked :(

Yes that is normal. You need to create a driver before it unlocks. I think the process is designed to take you through the system. Do the one thats available to you, quick weekend race from what I remember.

mattsutt0n
08-05-2015, 16:00
I've not been shown any screen where I could create a driver, literally my only option was quick race weekend, I did do a race first thinking that would unlock everything but nothing happened. Will try it again now and report back!

Max Kelly
08-05-2015, 16:01
lower left: create a new driver

mattsutt0n
08-05-2015, 16:14
Right these images are what my screen looks like, literally no other options even after doing 2 "quick race weekends". Even "exit" is locked at the end of a race?!

I really don't know what I'm missing here but it's getting ridiculous!

Mrchiggiewigs
08-05-2015, 16:31
Same has happened to me and frankly getting tired of trying crap. I can't make a new driver as the entire menu is locked off apart from solo races and settings & help... Any new ideas? My game is on disc aswell

mattsutt0n
08-05-2015, 16:37
REALLY annoying isn't it!

Nothing new from my side, tried turning down AI skill and doing yet another one of the single solo races so I would definitely win as I thought you had to do a race and win it to progress, but still nothing. Starting to feel like I've spent 50 on a demo disc.

Like you say, getting pretty sick of googling it, I just want to play it!

djmky
08-05-2015, 16:41
Thats weird mine unlocked the 'new' option after one race weekend. Did you let the person talk you through the steps instead of skipping the audio?

The Russian
08-05-2015, 16:42
I had same problem, while i was dl update i started game anyway and everything was locked apart from solo race and settings, after update was dl and installed i still had same problem then i turned my ps off then back on and it was ok after that. Thats all i remember doing so i hope this helps, i was just gonna come on here and ask but it was ok after restart, i did about 3-4 solo races before restarting, only other thing is you could delete your pcars profile file in system settings then restart game :)

Mrchiggiewigs
08-05-2015, 16:43
Thats weird mine unlocked the 'new' option after one race weekend. Did you let the person talk you through the steps instead of skipping the audio?

Yep, i've won the solo race now about 10 times and just getting extremely pissed off now haha

djmky
08-05-2015, 16:48
Yep, i've won the solo race now about 10 times and just getting extremely pissed off now haha

lol that solo race was quality though. Try what the Russian said above. restart your PS4, or delete your profile in system settings. Make sure everything is updated and installed. I did that before I started anything.

Eldridge94
08-05-2015, 16:50
Im having the same problem
Just re installing game now but spent about an hour trying to figure it out
Anyone managed to sort it ?

mattsutt0n
08-05-2015, 16:50
Have just restarted, deleted project cars data from system settings, relaunched, listened intently to that woman telling you how to use the game, just about to do the solo race for the 1,000th time.... FINGERS CROSSED!

mattsutt0n
08-05-2015, 16:55
Well. That didn't work either!

I swear if I have to look at the "Dubai autodrome international" for much longer I'm going to cry!

Eldridge94
08-05-2015, 16:56
Im having the same problem
Getting annoyed now

djmky
08-05-2015, 16:57
Hmm just thought what about switching through the screens with R1 / L1. When I did more audio came up explaining what each section means. Then after that it unlocked.

The Russian
08-05-2015, 17:02
Now then djmky that sounds like an idea for them, think i may have done that aswell now you mention it :)

rian
08-05-2015, 17:03
Try deleting save data.
Besides everything else (uninstall game, reboot, insert disc again, waiting for patch to download and install, then play).
In my case deleting save data solve a problem I had with a dlc.

djmky
08-05-2015, 17:03
I was also thinking, what if the game is still installing its 20gb on the ps4. For example some games don't allow you to fully play it until its completely installed (Even though it allows you to access the game). I remember spending abit of time browsing the sections.

Eldridge94
08-05-2015, 17:04
Ive deleted game, do solo race and its unlocked new
Try that

mattsutt0n
08-05-2015, 17:11
I've just deleted it along with every piece of saved data (again), re-installed the game, just waiting for the patch to download.. only 20 mins to go :( will do the solo race and see what happens. 5th time lucky maybe!

mattsutt0n
08-05-2015, 17:34
Right, I now give up.

Deleted the game
Deleted all saved game data
Re-installed the game
Waited for the patch to download
Installed the patch
Launched the game
Gone through the tutorial screens
Done the first race

Still everything locked

Closed the game
Re-launched the game

Still everything locked

Turned off the PS4
Turned it back on
Launched the game

Still everything locked

I am sick of even trying now!

mattsutt0n
08-05-2015, 22:11
Yeah surprisingly enough we've tried that, but well done trying to spam this forum with a link to your blog.
Mods, will leave you to delete this before posts like those get out of hand

joao30121998
08-05-2015, 23:26
I had this same problem.
I have tried everything (reinstall the game, restart the ps4, everything that is written in this forum), I has desesperated.
So I tried to restart the ps4 in the power options (not turn off and turn on) and it worked.
You have to select the option to restart the system with the game in it.

deftonez
09-05-2015, 07:26
Hey guys,

I had this same problem that locked me out for a day, I don't know if this will help at all but I got mine to unlock. I had tried reinstalling the game at least 7-8 times, when i got it to go I did this.

First i deleted the game and then went into settings > system storage management > application saved data and went to the bottom where it said unidentified file or something, which was the project cars game save, if you click on it it should say project cars, I deleted this and then went into the network settings and turned my internet off so it wouldn't automatically download the patch.

I removed the project cars disc and restarted the PS4 from the power settings, then I installed the game and opened it to see that it was locked, then I turned the internet back on and downloaded the patch.

When I went into the game again it was still locked, i went into the options for the controller and changed those to what I wanted and ended up leaving the game for about 30 minutes and it went into rest mode by itself when i was in the controller menu, when i woke it up and got out of the menu it was unlocked.

This whole process was probably about an hour from reinstalling the game until it was unlocked.

Hope this works for someone out there, good luck.

AlbusLunarhare
20-05-2015, 17:50
I'm having the same issue and frankly I'm actually rather disgusted that the game developer hasn't done something about this, or at least admitted that this is an issue. I'm going to give it a few more tries and if I don't get anywhere this is going back to the shop. This is why I'm fed up with games, everything always seems rushed and unfinished.

Paulo Mello
11-06-2015, 04:06
Same problem here...Tryed everything without solution...all locked! (I'm in Brazil, the physical media of the game distributed here in Brazil have the same problems, all locked on game menu)

I will return the game to store and try refund or change for another title, Project CARS litteraly doesn't work and its a bad issue.

Sony and/or game developers must give us an explain or some manifestation about this issue, cause the game really doesn't work.