PDA

View Full Version : Offensive/ Non offensive names.

LightSpeedHero
08-05-2015, 15:52
Hi guys, anyone else here have the issue where their own name is considered offensive and isn't shown in-game? I'd like to have my own surname in-game but the game considers it offensive, any ideas on where I could create a support thread to get it added into the game? Thanks.

Patrick Kulinski
08-05-2015, 16:00
Do you mean that the name is not shown in the online chat or in the game in general? Is your name shown with asterisks instead?

At the same time, check whether your problem goes away if you disable the profanity filter for the chat which should be found under "Gameplay" in the options menu. (Other guys, feel free to correct me if this isn't correct)

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 16:04
Do you mean that the name is not shown in the online chat or in the game in general? Is your name shown with asterisks instead?

At the same time, check whether your problem goes away if you disable the profanity filter for the chat which should be found under "Gameplay" in the options menu. (Other guys, feel free to correct me if this isn't correct)

That's correct.

LightSpeedHero
08-05-2015, 16:04
The surname has asterisks instead. I have have yet to use the online chat function but loving the game so far!

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 16:29
The surname has asterisks instead. I have have yet to use the online chat function but loving the game so far!

Profanity filters applies to names also to avoid other to use them as... well, profanity :)

If your name is legal and detected as such, it worth reporting it. It might be nice to take care of that situation (We have one WMD member with same problem with his last name)

LightSpeedHero
08-05-2015, 16:58
Profanity filters applies to names also to avoid other to use them as... well, profanity :)

If your name is legal and detected as such, it worth reporting it. It might be nice to take care of that situation (We have one WMD member with same problem with his last name)

Where about would I go to report it?

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 17:03
Here :) Let us know your surname pls, I don't see it listed

LightSpeedHero
08-05-2015, 18:11

My surname is 'Peacock'. Thanks

Elmo
08-05-2015, 18:17
My surname is 'Peacock'. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqE3FUF3DMs

Nothing you can do about it really. Just turn off the filter.

Emiloow
09-05-2015, 10:31
I have the same issue.

My surname is Larssen

Elmo
09-05-2015, 10:52
I have the same issue.

My surname is Larssen

Yeah, it is the same issue. Part of your surname is "offensive".

Emiloow
09-05-2015, 11:06
I dont see how though.
I mean the closest "offensive" would be arse, but its only ars that gets close to that.

Will i have to live with my surname being vaguely deemed offensive or is there any hope that it will be fixed ?

Also one of the AI's i just raced against had Larsen as surname.

LightSpeedHero
09-05-2015, 16:48
I've been through all the options extensively and I'm unable to find the profanity filter in either of the sub categories 'authenticity' or 'onscreen guides & display'? Not that turning it off would help as I'm not using the online chat function but would just like me surname to be visible in-game. To be fair this issue sucks and people shouldn't have to make do.

Also surely when I race online the only name of my that would show is my PSN name and not my actual Single Player driver name so why that should have a profanity filter is beyond me.

Ian Bell
09-05-2015, 16:53
Yeah, it is the same issue. Part of your surname is "offensive".

To be fair, 'arse' only has one 's'. That's a bit strict.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 17:04
I've been through all the options extensively and I'm unable to find the profanity filter in either of the sub categories 'authenticity' or 'onscreen guides & display'? Not that turning it off would help as I'm not using the online chat function but would just like me surname to be visible in-game. To be fair this issue sucks and people shouldn't have to make do.

Also surely when I race online the only name of my that would show is my PSN name and not my actual Single Player driver name so why that should have a profanity filter is beyond me.

Go To Options and Help.
Gameplay
On Screen Display Tab
Down below, chat profanity filter :)

EDIT: Added Screen shot for quicker support:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg311/aldozampatti/ss140407_zps1xi2ycok.jpg~original

rbl
09-05-2015, 17:10
On PC the profanity filter is in Gameplay -> Onscreen guides and display
Looking at the ISR video with XBox settings, it seems this option isn't included in console versions.

LightSpeedHero
09-05-2015, 17:19
I'm playing on PS4 and those options aren't there, the last option I have is 'Display Units'.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 17:43
Must be a console requirement then. I'll investigate for you, but if it's not there, chances are that you can not turn that off.
Beware that in consoles, there are a lot of kids and we have to meet Pegi3 requirements so disabling profanity might not be ideal. Just my thought

LightSpeedHero
09-05-2015, 18:02
Thanks Aldo, I totally understand the need for the profanity filter, my only issue is that it censors my name in Single Player where no one will see the name other than me.

The filter itself is a great idea and should be implemented more often.

Ryzza5
10-05-2015, 12:15
Am I the only one just a little impressed that the filter even worked with an extra s (either a mistake or is it that clever?) :)

Are there are maturity settings in the Xbox console settings that you can adjust?

LightSpeedHero
11-05-2015, 19:23
No it still won't work and to be honest I don't know why the filter is there in single player. The filter should only block offensive PSN ID's really.

Krinkldink
21-02-2016, 22:45
I also have this problem. It is filtering my first name... Jason... How is this profanity? I am playing on PS4. How do I disable profanity filter on ps4?

RacingAtHome
21-02-2016, 22:50
Filtered my last name Wilson from Patch 9.

Krus Control
21-02-2016, 23:03
Haha the in chat filter will sometimes block perfectly normal words like "all" or "kart" are just two examples of words I've seen censored. Not something I think SMS should address really.

NemethR
22-02-2016, 10:53
This also brings up an issue, with other languages then English.

For example the word "Here" means in my language "Testicle"
Or the other way around, the word "pu55y" in my language means "Kiss (friendly)"

Also I think no matter what someones own name should never be censored.

Invincible
22-02-2016, 10:59

It can cause trouble with different languages. But without any censoring, you'll get some names like "D*ckhead Pu**ydestroyer"...

NemethR
22-02-2016, 11:54
It can cause trouble with different languages. But without any censoring, you'll get some names like "D*ckhead Pu**ydestroyer"...

Well, there can be a button for reporting those names. WITH the option, that the owner can clarify why he uses it.

Martin03
22-02-2016, 12:15
I cant use my irl lastname in career mode, one off the most common names in Norway, Larsen. And the frustrating part is that im racing against an AI in this championship that is named Larsen...

Onikami
23-02-2016, 09:45
Good day. I got one question. My surname is Galang. Why is it shown in the career or multiplayer as ******?

Bealdor
23-02-2016, 09:49
Threads merged.

havocc
23-02-2016, 10:00
Good day. I got one question. My surname is Galang. Why is it shown in the career or multiplayer as ******?

I think this has something to do with this

(quote from urban dictionary)

galang
to ejaculate like a naval cannon when seeing something pleasant.
Jim galanged and knocked Tina into next week!

balderz002
23-02-2016, 11:27
Just be thankful none of you live in a small town on the east coast of England, called Scunthorpe. That place always wreaks havoc with internet forums!

Invincible
23-02-2016, 11:34
Just be thankful none of you live in a small town on the east coast of England, called Scunthorpe. That place always wreaks havoc with internet forums!

Awong124
24-02-2016, 17:34
Reminds me of that Vietnamese guy who said his name was Phuc Dat Bich.

mister dog
24-02-2016, 17:40
Reminds me of that Vietnamese guy who said his name was Phuc Dat Bich.

Australian actually http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-talk014.gif:

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/9C6E/production/_86864004_4f92b0f7-2530-4acd-a0cd-12661455aca1.jpg

havocc
24-02-2016, 19:02
Mr Dick Short

balderz002
24-02-2016, 19:40
Mr Dick Short

Richard Little

chig88
25-02-2016, 11:21
This also brings up an issue, with other languages then English.

For example the word "Here" means in my language "Testicle"
Or the other way around, the word "pu55y" in my language means "Kiss (friendly)"

So if I go to Hungary, find a cat stuck in a tree and call 'Here pussy!', people will think I'm shouting 'Testicle kiss!'.

Mental note made.

Balding92
10-03-2016, 23:24
Hey everyone I am new to these forums so if this is in the wrong place I do apologise, I have come across my name being censored on the menu screen after I put my name in
The name I put in is my last name Balding and I see no reason why it should be censored any help will be appreciated

Pisshead30
11-03-2016, 04:32
Some people find the username I use for everything offensive but in Ireland Pisshead is slang for a drunk lol
30 was my race number when I used race quads/atvs in motocross events

greatscot
24-05-2016, 16:43

My last name is Morrison, yet I have the asterisks for last name in career mode. Can someone explain why this would be censored?

Tony00237
17-02-2017, 12:23
Strangely enough the sirname Gallagher is censored as well

lunaticrik
19-02-2017, 18:52
I'm glad it is not just me then ! My surname is "Smallman"

I think the profanity detector is a bit too strict.

Snowballious
03-07-2017, 17:03
On PS4 there is no option to disable profanity filter, so I'm not allowed my second name "Snowball". Like wtf how is that a profanity? This has ruined my experience of the game already.

dault3883
03-07-2017, 17:20
On PS4 there is no option to disable profanity filter, so I'm not allowed my second name "Snowball". Like wtf how is that a profanity? This has ruined my experience of the game already.

i would tell you but it would be inappropriate for this forum

Nutjahesta
12-09-2017, 20:47
I have the same issue my Surname is Nuttall. Any Advice

Ricejoker
11-05-2018, 18:03

Would I be able to enter my name here too?