PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS doesn't start up [Steam]

mekkv2
08-05-2015, 15:52
Solved!
Solution was to optimize the GPU for the game via "GeForce Expierience"

Hello,

sadly, my Project CARS Limited Edition won't start up.

When I launch the game via Steam the icon in the taskbar appears and after 20 seconds I can hear a music that seems to be the menu sound. But I cannot switch to the application. No errors, already checked the files with the steam file checker.

My system sports an EVGA GTX970 2.0 ACX GPU, an i7 4790k @4.4 and 32GB of memory built on the MSI Z97M Gaming motherboard connected to an 800W PSU. System temps are just fine, restarted the system multiple times and also tried it in steam's offline mode with no success.

Here is the issue; the black rectangle is the running application when I hover the icon in the taskbar.
http://i.imgur.com/7IvJkeW.jpg

Best Regards,
mekkv2

RichS77
08-05-2015, 16:31
I'm having a very similar problem http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22337-Game-will-not-start

mekkv2
08-05-2015, 16:37
I found a solution: Go to your GeForce Experience thingy and optimize the driver for it. Then it starts.

BullWinkle
08-05-2015, 16:43
If you have Logitech controller(wheel), make sure you start the Logitech profiler software before starting Project Cars., it has a habit of taking focus away from pCars. This is a Logitech issue with there software i believe. Also make sure your running as administrator. You can also put Project Cars on the exception list of any A/V software you have running aswell.

BigWicks
10-05-2015, 10:39
I have this exact issue, the only way around I've found is to start the game from within GeForce Experience.

Does anyone know what shortcut Geforce Experience is using to launch the game?

ventisca
11-09-2015, 06:35
Hi everyone.

I also have the exact same problem here. My system is:
- AMD PhenomII X6 1075T
- AMD Radeon HD 7750
- 8gigs of RAM
(...etc)

I have the latest driver from amd.com manually downloaded, and I also have tried the AMD Autodetect Utility to update the driver automatically (but nothing was downloaded since I already have the latest driver).

Does anybody have this problem with AMD card?

Sankyo
11-09-2015, 08:21
Hi everyone.

I also have the exact same problem here. My system is:
- AMD PhenomII X6 1075T
- AMD Radeon HD 7750
- 8gigs of RAM
(...etc)

I have the latest driver from amd.com manually downloaded, and I also have tried the AMD Autodetect Utility to update the driver automatically (but nothing was downloaded since I already have the latest driver).

Does anybody have this problem with AMD card?

There are different possible causes for this. You can try:
- delete or rename graphicsconfig.xml from My Documents/Project Cars to see if that helps
- check the refresh rate of your monitor that it doesn't have some odd value
- if you are using a Logitech wheel, start Profiler before starting the game

ventisca
11-09-2015, 16:21
There are different possible causes for this. You can try:
- delete or rename graphicsconfig.xml from My Documents/Project Cars to see if that helps
- check the refresh rate of your monitor that it doesn't have some odd value
- if you are using a Logitech wheel, start Profiler before starting the game
Thank you for the reply.

- I have tried renaming graphicsconfig.xml and every time I start the game, the game recreate config file and the error is still occur.
- My monitor has 60 Hz refresh rate and the graphicsconfig.xml has setting that called "numerator" and "denumerator" for refresh rate value. I calculated the value manually and the result is close to 60 (59,xxx or something). (I am away from my PC right now and I forgot those exact values.)
- I am currently not using any steering wheel.

But after renaming the config files, the error changed from "black box" in the corner of monitor to "Unhandled Exception Trapped".
The game successfully show the welcome screen (black screen with Slightly Mad and World of Mass Development logo) but quit immediately.

Still don't know what to do because my web browser (Firefox) also act weird by not showing Youtube video. Later i know that this happen because of browser support problem for hardware acceleration which is "maybe" related with graphic card driver.

Thank you for your suggestion, I really appreciate it. :D