PDA

View Full Version : How is driving with a controller? I've heard its difficult.

Sir Green Day
08-05-2015, 15:56
I heard the game is almost unplayable with the controller.

I really want this game for the Xbox One, but on all the forums, I've read that playing with a controller is really bad.

I also own The Crew, and I know that PC's has even more controller settings than TC, so I'm hoping its just people who haven't found the right controller setup that are saying this.

I'd like to get actual opinions from those who own a console version and use controller.

Thanks!

danowat
08-05-2015, 15:59
It's fine once you spend some time getting the settings to your liking.

Miths
08-05-2015, 16:05
Once you have adjusted the controller settings (on the PS4 that for me primarily meant dialing down steering sensitivity to 0 and Control filtering sensitivity up to 50) this game controls more smoothly on a gamepad than most other racing games I've played.
Some cars are still so twitchy by nature that they require a very delicate touch, but overall I'd say that Project Cars plays really well on a controller. And with plentiful and pretty well implemented rumble effects for good immersion.

Right now I'm actually preferring the controller to my recently purchased cheap Thrustmaster T100 wheel, which has limb force feedback and annoying clicking sounds when turning it (oh, how I miss my old Logitech G25, which lasted me around eight years without complaints - and was still functioning when I sold it).

DrSt01NeR
08-05-2015, 16:06
yep once u fix the setup yourself all is fine

Sobby
08-05-2015, 16:08
Once you get the pad setup the way you want it works pretty well.

I used to run iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor and pCARS all with a wheel, pedals etc...but now I'm on PS4 I find the controller does a pretty good job. The only thing I've noticed is that you sometimes need to tweak settings between cars.

Sir Green Day
08-05-2015, 16:19
Great.

This makes me feel better.

Unfortunately, I love in the US, so I have to wait 5 days to play it.

The wait is killing me! Lol

SlickReed
08-05-2015, 16:20
I found driving with the controller very difficult. So I bought a G27

NegSpec13
08-05-2015, 16:46
I can't afford a wheel so it's controller all the way for me but I have to say that other than getting used to the way cars handle I've experienced no radical problems.

I'm also on Xbox One.

Zeratul
16-05-2015, 11:29
Don't forget to update your controller on the X1. You must do that manualy as it's not an automated system update.

PeteUplink
16-05-2015, 11:39
I'm driving just fine with the default settings for my Xbox 360 controller on PC and controller on my PS4. I have noticed that the PS4 controller has a bigger deadzone and the Xbox 360 controller can be a bit over sensitive, but it's nothing I can't cope with.

Pr3t3nd3r
16-05-2015, 11:55
Like others said it's quiet easy once you setup your controller. But steering deadzone is to big IMO. I hope they will polish it one day :D

Mr.Smoke
16-05-2015, 12:37
Ive been using the PS4 controller so far. At first i had some trouble, but ive started getting used to it. Also, i havent adjusted any controller settings in the game either.

The controller is being put aside though as i have a T100 wheel & will be building a stand for it later today.

T0MMY
16-05-2015, 12:41
I'm playing it on PC with Xbox 360 pad, default mode 2 setting works great for me.