PDA

View Full Version : Can't Drive straight?

Roiri100
08-05-2015, 16:02
Hey, I'm using a thrustmaster t80 and on straightaways I just can't keep the car straight at all. I tried turning down the sensitivity but it doesn't really work what should I do?

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 16:04
Hey, I'm using a thrustmaster t80 and on straightaways I just can't keep the car straight at all. I tried turning down the sensitivity but it doesn't really work what should I do?

Even if you're doing 10mph still not going straight?

Roiri100
08-05-2015, 16:08
Even if you're doing 10mph still not going straight?

Nope, when I hit 60/70 mph i can't keep straight, depending on the car.

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 16:21
Nope, when I hit 60/70 mph i can't keep straight, depending on the car.

Which car or cars?

Some of the cars, because of their power and differential settings will cause the car to rotate at if you are at full throttle. So you have to be more sensitive with the throttle application on those cars (i.e. you just can't go pedal to the floor all the time).

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 16:27
Which car or cars?

Some of the cars, because of their power and differential settings will cause the car to rotate at if you are at full throttle. So you have to be more sensitive with the throttle application on those cars (i.e. you just can't go pedal to the floor all the time).

that's why I've asked.
Try easier cars! Try enabling Traction Control and all other driving aids first to discard a controller issue. Try driving half (or less!) throttle. Remember our system is volumetric so it is not linear. Avoid the RWD cars with turbo (suck as Marek LMP1 prototype) at first to discard this.

Mad Al
08-05-2015, 16:30
and warm up your tyres...

Roiri100
08-05-2015, 16:31
that's why I've asked.
Try easier cars! Try enabling Traction Control and all other driving aids first to discard a controller issue. Try driving half (or less!) throttle. Remember our system is volumetric so it is not linear. Avoid the RWD cars with turbo (suck as Marek LMP1 prototype) at first to discard this.

It happens a lot with superkarts I haven't really tried the higher power cars yet.

Briareos79
08-05-2015, 17:45
It might help if you tone down the front toe, if I remember it right then the super karts have a lot of negative toe up front with the base setup.

flymar
08-05-2015, 17:48
It happens a lot with superkarts I haven't really tried the higher power cars yet.Start with GT4 I suggest. They are calm. Most of time:)

Alejandro Riveiro
08-05-2015, 18:33
Start with GT4 I suggest. They are calm. Most of time:)

WAY too calm :mad: (especially when you use to play with the GT3, LMP1 and FA cars :P)

flymar
08-05-2015, 18:35
WAY too calm :mad: (especially when you use to play with the GT3, LMP1 and FA cars :P)

Which is not the case with new players...

theredshore
08-05-2015, 18:51
and warm up your tyres...
was about to say this

when i was driving the superkart, sometimes it felt like my controller was slightly broken, the kart would just lean in one direction too much so i actually felt like the controller was a bit broken, but i figured that only really happens when i have cold tyres and i think that has a lot to do with having difficulty controlling some cars

something i find odd though is cold tyres were making the go kart head for one side which is odd because i could be wrong but cold tyres just make everything super slippery

Roiri100
08-05-2015, 19:53
That helps, thanks man:-)

DoodlesSWE
09-05-2015, 00:18

Maaan, You shouldn't be drinking and driving :distracted: ... sorry i just couldn't leave this thread with out it being said ;)

Patrik Marek
09-05-2015, 00:27

I'd argue that due to less aero GT4 are harder then GT3