PDA

View Full Version : No neutral with TH8A

Xdelboyx
08-05-2015, 16:04
There is no way to select neutral gear with th8a...the game will just stay in the previous gear until you select a new one...?This dont sound like a big deal but makes the game virtually unplayable...
What happens is the game then lags behind gear shifts massively...the sequence goes like this...
I am powering through 2nd and reach limiter I go for third through neutral....the game will not respond untill I select 3rd and then the game will go through neutral to 3rd....but I already selected third and floored it by which time the game hits neutral on its way to 3rd and my revs fly up...then the game reaches 3rd and bang....all that power smashes the gearbox and I spin...all this happens in a single shift literally a split second but it's enough it happens in all gears....the sensation is just massive gear lag....basically the game simply does not recognise neutral on a th8a.....pretty basic stuff I reckon.....still glad you delayed long enough to not get the only h shifter on Xbox one working fine....except missing neutral.

Bryer
08-05-2015, 17:16
There is no way to select neutral gear with th8a...the game will just stay in the previous gear until you select a new one...?This dont sound like a big deal but makes the game virtually unplayable...
What happens is the game then lags behind gear shifts massively...the sequence goes like this...
I am powering through 2nd and reach limiter I go for third through neutral....the game will not respond untill I select 3rd and then the game will go through neutral to 3rd....but I already selected third and floored it by which time the game hits neutral on its way to 3rd and my revs fly up...then the game reaches 3rd and bang....all that power smashes the gearbox and I spin...all this happens in a single shift literally a split second but it's enough it happens in all gears....the sensation is just massive gear lag....basically the game simply does not recognise neutral on a th8a.....pretty basic stuff I reckon.....still glad you delayed long enough to not get the only h shifter on Xbox one working fine....except missing neutral.

Turn off auto clutch (if you haven't already), as I'm assuming you have the TH3PA pedals?

Xdelboyx
08-05-2015, 17:30
Turn off auto clutch (if you haven't already), as I'm assuming you have the TH3PA pedals?

Yes auto clutch is off on t3pa :(( force feed back is also terrible no feeling of oversteer or under steer...rumble strips do nothing....no feeling of inertia.....what a let down....glad I didn't trade in forza

Xdelboyx
08-05-2015, 17:38
Also car will stall if you stop when in gear even with the clutch down and it's not auto clutch I have the hud up and can see I am pressing clutch.....it's laughable

Bryer
08-05-2015, 17:42
Yes auto clutch is off on t3pa :(( force feed back is also terrible no feeling of oversteer or under steer...rumble strips do nothing....no feeling of inertia.....what a let down....glad I didn't trade in forza

Search the forums to fix the FFB, it's quite a complex system that SMS have developed.

Benja190782
11-05-2015, 20:02
We need a neutral gear with the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter on Xbox One - please patch it SMS!

I don't know if it's a problem on PC?

Lars Geraae
14-05-2015, 21:35
I have the problem, that sometimes when I go from ex. 5th to 3th, it goes to 4th and if I go from 4th to 2end it goes to 3th. I have a TH8RS. My neutral works.
BTW; It's on a PC

thisisbleep
15-05-2015, 02:24
Also car will stall if you stop when in gear even with the clutch down and it's not auto clutch I have the hud up and can see I am pressing clutch.....it's laughable

Are you applying some throttle? Without that you are starving the engine of fuel.

The developers are working on improving the game, your attitude does not help.

charles4400
15-05-2015, 03:57
I have to imagine they have to be on this for a fix.

Have you been able to get your car in reverse at all. I can't with the shifter (along with the problems you are describing and more...here's my thread on my th8a issues: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24691-Thrustmaster-TH8A-Shifter-is-Very-Flawed )

I just hope this fix will be in their next patch as I am holding off on playing the game any more until its fixed, mainly because I want to experience it fully functional with the thrustmaster setup I just bought, that stuff aint cheap!

Froggystomper
15-05-2015, 05:46
Are you applying some throttle? Without that you are starving the engine of fuel.

He paid his money, got a product he feels is sub-standard and is perfectly entitled to voice his opinion on that.

kingleer
09-07-2015, 10:49

Clutch is fully depressed. Ever heard of idling?

nissan4ever
09-07-2015, 12:06
It's fixed in upcoming Patch 2.0

BatteredSav
19-07-2015, 08:02
It's fixed in upcoming Patch 2.0

No its not. I still don't have neutral.

nissan4ever
19-07-2015, 10:29
No its not. I still don't have neutral.

It is fixed in patch 2.0. First thing I tried after I installed patch 2.0 was go for neutral. Came out of pits, already had that shifter in what ever gear that car would be in coming out of the pits. Once I was given manual control, I put the car in neutral. Put it back in gear, shifted a few times. Then put it back in neutral.

So I have no idea why you still say you have no neutral. Did you hard restart your console after downloading patch 2.0?

I just recorded this clip showing neutral does work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SouPIBAXI8