PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Steering wheel rotation lock gets reset when switching cars.

Ktse
08-05-2015, 16:14
My setup and configuration: I currently have a G27 setup to 900 degrees through the logitech profiler and through the game's calibration menu.

The issue: When I drive karts, the wheel rotation is locked to about ~200 degrees, which is fine and to be expected. However, when I finish the race and begin to drive a production road car like the Mitsubishi FQ400, I have noticed that the game will retain the same steering wheel lock of the karts. I then have to go back into game's calibration menu, and set it back to 900 degrees for road cars to have a normal steering.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or have an idea on how to fix this?

Pinna
08-05-2015, 16:20
What is your Logitech Profiler setting for steering lock?

Blackvault
08-05-2015, 16:21
Do you have the setting within the Logitech Profile, Let Game override profile settings?

Pete

IJOJOI
08-05-2015, 16:22
My setup and configuration: I currently have a G27 setup to 900 degrees through the logitech profiler and through the game's calibration menu.

The issue: When I drive karts, the wheel rotation is locked to about ~200 degrees, which is fine and to be expected. However, when I finish the race and begin to drive a production road car like the Mitsubishi FQ400, I have noticed that the game will retain the same steering wheel lock of the karts. I then have to go back into game's calibration menu, and set it back to 900 degrees for road cars to have a normal steering.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or have an idea on how to fix this?

It's known, and due to logitech's super old driver.

The way you fix the issue:
Start you PC, and then close the Logitech profiler.

Then this won't occur anymore...

Ktse
09-05-2015, 00:18
It's known, and due to logitech's super old driver.

The way you fix the issue:
Start you PC, and then close the Logitech profiler.

Then this won't occur anymore...

Alright I will give this a shot as I generally just leave the profiler on for most games.

Edit: worked brilliantly! Thank you for the tip

Roger Prynne
09-05-2015, 18:52
Just don't use the Profiler...it's not needed for any game.

Just rename 'C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software' I just use 'a-Gaming Software'