PDA

View Full Version : G27 Degree of Rotation Issue: Mapping Wrong

Styrr
08-05-2015, 16:20
Hi,

I have a problem with the G27 wheel.
It is set to 900deg in the Logitech Profiler and is calibrated in-game.
The problem is the following:
- maximum degree of rotation the game is using is +-450deg which is perfect
- that is perfect for street cars where the steering lock is also +-450deg -> 1:1 translation of my G27 steering to the virtual wheel
- when using other cars where the steering lock is less; e.g. kart with +-90deg the steering wheels +-450 are mapped to the +-90deg -> hence I have to turn to wheel completeley (450deg) to have the virtual wheel turn the 90deg.
- I would assume that we want a 1:1 translation of the real steering wheel to the virtual steering wheel which is currently not happening.
- My workaround: I need to set the logitech profiler different for every car to have a correct mapping. For the Kart this means I have to set the profiler to 180deg. So whenever I change my car I have to restart the pCARS and have to fiddle in the Logitech profiler. This is far from user friendly and it took me a few hours to find out what the issue is.

IJOJOI
08-05-2015, 16:23
It does, do you have allowed the profiler to change the values by game??

Pinna
08-05-2015, 16:24
Do you have the "Allow Game to Adjust Settings" enabled?

EDIT: Ninjas!

Styrr
08-05-2015, 16:26
These are my settings which lead to +-450 being mapped to +-90 for the kart and to +-450 for the street car (audi r8):

Pinna
08-05-2015, 16:28
From another thread:
Have you tried to start the game without the Profiler? :)

Styrr
08-05-2015, 16:33
Without the profiler it works perfectly - thank you!
Is there a problem with my profiler - or is this general behavior?

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 16:35
Without the profiler it works perfectly - thank you!
Is there a problem with my profiler - or is this general behavior?

That is to be expected. The Steering Lock is calculated by pCARS and adjust the wheel accordingly per car (which is what the Allow Game To Adjust Settings provides). Using that is more realistic as some vehicles require more steering input than others. However, as you found out, you can disable that which will force all of the vehicles to act similarly.

Styrr
08-05-2015, 16:41
That is to be expected. The Steering Lock is calculated by pCARS and adjust the wheel accordingly per car (which is what the Allow Game To Adjust Settings provides). Using that is more realistic as some vehicles require more steering input than others. However, as you found out, you can disable that which will force all of the vehicles to act similarly.

I'm a little confused about this answer. I would assume you want to have a 1:1 translation between real steering wheel and virtual steering wheel. So when I turn my wheel 90degree in real I want it to turn 90 degree for the kart as well as for the audi r8 v10. With the profiler off this is exactly what is happening which makes me happy now ;).
My issue is that for activated profiler the car steering lock is mapped to the G27 steering lock -> so for 90 degree on the kart i have to turn my g27 450deg which is not what should be intended I assume?

vfragos
08-05-2015, 21:18
I'm a little confused about this answer. I would assume you want to have a 1:1 translation between real steering wheel and virtual steering wheel. So when I turn my wheel 90degree in real I want it to turn 90 degree for the kart as well as for the audi r8 v10. With the profiler off this is exactly what is happening which makes me happy now ;).
My issue is that for activated profiler the car steering lock is mapped to the G27 steering lock -> so for 90 degree on the kart i have to turn my g27 450deg which is not what should be intended I assume?

I had the same issue and closing the profiler worked for me also. I have the same confusion as you. :-) Also if we play with the profiler closed we lose something of the wheel's functionality or force feedback? As i understand it all logitech wheel owners, is better to close profiler so the wheel's rotation maps correctly.

Styrr
09-05-2015, 08:04
I had the same issue and closing the profiler worked for me also. I have the same confusion as you. :-) Also if we play with the profiler closed we lose something of the wheel's functionality or force feedback? As i understand it all logitech wheel owners, is better to close profiler so the wheel's rotation maps correctly.

Hi vfragos, while the problem is solved for me the basic answer whether this is a bug or not is not clear yet. I don't know if every G27 owner has that problem. From what Mahjik wrote it might also be that this strange mapping is intended behavior.
I would say this mapping could make sense for gaming wheels with a steering lock smaller 900deg to allow the full steering for all cars. So if you had a 300deg gaming wheel a translation of 1:3 would be required to achieve all possible virtual steering angle for a real road car (e.g. 900deg of audi r8 v10). On the other hand stretching the 180deg of the cart to the 900deg of the real wheel giving a 5:1 translation does not make sense (from my point of view at least).

It would be nice to get some more answers from G27 users telling us if they experience the same thing.

vfragos
09-05-2015, 08:28
Hello Styrr, "On the other hand stretching the 180deg of the cart to the 900deg of the real wheel giving a 5:1 translation does not make sense (from my point of view at least)."
This made karts undrivable for me and before the profiler solution the only option was to switch the wheel to 180deg mode. Many people talking about how undrivable are the karts and makes me think if they drive with a logitech wheel with the profiler on. :-)

Roger Prynne
09-05-2015, 18:46
Never used the Profiler and have no probs at all.